Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

+18
Annabel
AnnaEsse
Panda
mara thon
malena stool
Chris
interested
duncanmac
jeanmonroe
Carolina
Claudia79
wjk
fred
cass
weissnicht
chrissie
Lioned
the slave
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 3 Jan - 15:53

ROLL UP!, ROLL UP!

EXPRESS "EXCLUSIVE"

KATE MCCANN WILL NOT BE 'SEARCHING RELENTLESSLY' FOR HER DEAREST DAUGHTER MADELEINE ON SATURDAY JANUARY 4TH 2013.

SHE WILL BE WATCHING A FOOTBALL MATCH, INSTEAD.

I hope the dastardly nasty man dosen't do anything 'harmful' to Madeleine in the two hours mummy dearest is lauding it up at EFC!

I wonder if she'll 'exploit' the twins by parading them around the 'ground'?

Amelie carrying 'cuddlecat' of course!

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Fri 3 Jan - 17:20; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial

Post  wjk Fri 3 Jan - 16:00

I think the Judge has heard all she needs to hear, what with their quality witness' an' all!  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 294124 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 3 Jan - 16:09

The couple wanted to take the stand to give explain how Amaral's book about the Madeleine case had left them devastated"

See how the Press turns things around? The McCanns applied to be asistentes, not take the stand.!!!! They had no intention of returning to Portugal until they saw how poor their Witnesses performance was. I find this decision by the Judge heartening and if it turns out to be true that SY are investigating the Fund, I will die a happy Woman. Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 3 Jan - 16:31

Panda wrote:The couple wanted to take the stand to give explain how Amaral's book about the Madeleine case had left them devastated"

See how the Press turns things around? The McCanns applied to be asistentes, not take the stand.!!!!  They had no intention of returning to Portugal until they saw how poor their Witnesses performance was. I find this decision by the Judge heartening and if it turns out to be true that SY are investigating the Fund, I will die a happy Woman. Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 294124 

Well said!!! (And I might add, "ME TOO")
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 3 Jan - 16:35

Panda wrote:The couple wanted to take the stand to give explain how Amaral's book about the Madeleine case had left them devastated"

See how the Press turns things around? The McCanns applied to be asistentes, not take the stand.!!!!  They had no intention of returning to Portugal until they saw how poor their Witnesses performance was. I find this decision by the Judge heartening and if it turns out to be true that SY are investigating the Fund, I will die a happy Woman. Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 294124 

The request to become 'assistentes' has absolutely nothing to do with this libel trial. What they requested was to address the court, make a statement, which was denied.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 3 Jan - 17:00

Wasn't Kate given a chance to testify earlier in the trial? I seem to recall that she, through her lawyer, turned down the opportunity. I remember thinking at the time she wouldn't want to face cross-examination. Please correct me if my memory is letting me down.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 3 Jan - 17:04

I have tickets for the Everton match tomorrow, would so love to bump into Hotlips.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 3 Jan - 17:10

Going to take a copy of the Gaspars statement, leave it on her seat at half time.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 3 Jan - 17:31

fred wrote:It was said that the Mccanns wanted to read a statement from the stand but, not be cross examined.  So I'm glad they haven't got their own way again.

According to the law, neither the McCanns nor Gonçalo Amaral would have been cross examined. Only the judge could question them and the lawyers could only ask for clarifications through the judge. So in no way did the McCanns make the decision not to be cross examined.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 3 Jan - 17:39

duncanmac wrote:I have tickets for the Everton match tomorrow, would so love to bump into Hotlips.

Yous might have tickets la, but yous ain't getting in!

I heard all the fans have got to show their good quality wristbands!

And T-shirts.

I'm sure she'll organise a 'whip round' for her private 'fund' and claim £2000 was raised but when she 'recounted' it was really £5000!

Just like she and him did to the GreenHill Taverners 'race night' in their trip to Liverpool.

She's a scally, that's for sure!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 3 Jan - 17:56

duncanmac wrote:I have tickets for the Everton match tomorrow, would so love to bump into Hotlips.
Do your players still run out to the Z Cars theme?
If so, I imagine that when you hear it, it would be difficult not to point over in her direction!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 3 Jan - 18:14

Ha, ha AG, yes the players do run out to the Z cars theme, pretty soon she will learn what a police siren sounds like in Portugal.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 3 Jan - 20:27

Not sure where to post this comment but here goes. I have just read "Profumo Affair secret documents labelled too sensitive for the head of
MI5 to read could eventually be released - but not for FIFTY years" (Daily Mail, January 2, 2014). Who exactly makes that kind of determination? I mean, TOO SENSITIVE FOR THE HEAD OF MI5?
Why do I have the feeling that IF the U.K. "secret documents" relating to Madeleine's "disappearance" are ever made public the McCann couple will be long gone (as well as myself) and quite possibly many of those yearning for justice for a little girl we didn't even know.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 3 Jan - 20:45

interested wrote:Not sure where to post this comment but here goes.  I have just read "Profumo Affair secret documents labelled too sensitive for the head of
MI5 to read could eventually be released - but not for FIFTY years" (Daily Mail, January 2, 2014).  Who exactly makes that kind of determination?  I mean, TOO SENSITIVE FOR THE HEAD OF MI5?
Why do I have the feeling that IF the U.K. "secret documents" relating to Madeleine's "disappearance" are ever made public the McCann couple will be long gone (as well as myself) and quite possibly many of those yearning for justice for a little girl we didn't even know.

Interested , the Government makes the decision when it involves Government Minister. could be the Russsian Guy might have been given top secret info from one of the girls., something like that. As for Madeleine ,if nothing new turns up from this re-opening and investigation , the case will be closed and locked and we will never know what happened on that fateful night. The video I posted shows quite clearly the attitude of the McCanns and had they not had the support of Clarence, Press and U.K. Police they might not have been able to hold out for so long.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 4 Jan - 11:46

Oh well if they are not needed in Portugal they can get on and file the fund accounts which appear late again (double penalty if so).
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 4 Jan - 12:18

Find out who Noddy is, duncanmac....Kate met him when she visited Sale according to the Report...his name is mentioned a couple of times. Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 192282 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 4 Jan - 13:16

I notice none of the usual Press Reporters are responsible for this article and comments are not allowed .

"British psychologist Alan Pike, who counselled Madeleine's mother, said she confessed to secret "dark thoughts" about suicide after the book came out."

Kate recovered well enough to write 2 books, attend TV Interviews to promote them in European Countries , give several TV interviews in the U,.K, raise money for charity by jogging, attend functions to raise money for the Fund, work with the U.K. Detectives , oh, and take the twins to a Farm, and paint wth them at home while the T.V. Cameras are filming a Documentary on the 1st Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 4 Jan - 14:16

McCann Parents Refused Permission To Give Evidence At Libel Trial
PA/Huffington Post UK | Posted: 03/01/2014 19:33 GMT | Updated: 03/01/2014 20:04 GMT

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/03/madeleine-mccann-parents-libel-trial_n_4537907.html

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been refused permission to give evidence at the Portuguese libel trial over a book by a former local police chief, according to a family source. Kate and Gerry McCann had asked to give evidence at the trial over Goncalo Amaral's book The Truth of the Lie, which is taking place in Lisbon.

But a family source said they had been refused permission ahead of the next hearing date, which is on Tuesday. The couple are said to be disappointed by the decision, and their lawyer Isabel Duarte is likely to appeal against the judge's decision. An application by Mr Amaral to give evidence is also thought to have been refused.

The McCanns launched a legal action against the former Portuguese police chief, as well as his publisher, and the makers of a documentary based on the book. They say the former detective's claims in The Truth Of The Lie damaged the hunt for Madeleine and exacerbated their anguish.

In October Mr McCann's sister Trish Cameron told the court that the family's pain over Madeleine's disappearance was ''multiplied 100 times'' by the book, while the trial previously heard how Mrs McCann had considered suicide in the aftermath its publication in 2008. Madeleine's mother travelled to Lisbon at the start of the trial, and her husband has attended several times in the hope of being able to give evidence.

Madeleine, who was then nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents dined at a nearby restaurant with friends. British detectives launched a fresh investigation into the youngster's disappearance in July this year - two years into a review of the case - and made renewed appeals on television in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany.

After shelving their inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance in 2008, Portuguese authorities said in October that a review had uncovered enough new information to justify reopening it.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 4 Jan - 14:44

Watch out, they're "furious" and "seething" again!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/358729/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-left-furious-after-court-gags-them-from-giving-evidence

And, oh! The irony! In the very last sentence! It's absolutely delicious!  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Untitled-1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 4 Jan - 14:50

A Media Circus would be a whole heap better than the Three Ring Circus the McCanns, their drinking buddies and their mouthpiece have been happily promoting for the last six and a half years.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 4 Jan - 15:16

Iris wrote:Watch out, they're "furious" and "seething" again!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/358729/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-left-furious-after-court-gags-them-from-giving-evidence

And, oh!  The irony!  In the very last sentence!  It's absolutely delicious!  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 

Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 Untitled-1

Indeed. I don't think Mitchell understands irony, though.
Also, its a nice change for the McCanns to be gagged - usually its their lawyers doing the gagging.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 4 Jan - 15:27

Iris wrote:Watch out, they're "furious" and "seething" again!

And, oh!  The irony!  In the very last sentence!  It's absolutely delicious!  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 

I've just read that last sentence!  Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 23324 
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sat 4 Jan - 16:25

but, but, I thought they positively thrived on media circuses, in fact I thought it was them who invented them ! I can only presume they are seething because they are not being allowed to have one in this particular case, they are so used to having everything their own way it must have come as a very nasty shock not to get their own way this time. Doesn't the judge realise they are royals in waiting?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 4 Jan - 16:49

How dare the Judge refuse to let the McCanns take over the Courthouse !!!! How are they ever going to prove their agony against Amaral if the Judge won't let them ??? I'll bet they have been busy writing up all the grief Amaral's book and video has caused them, the 7th promises to be quite a summing up. The worm has turned and the Press is smelling defeat for the McCanns , roll on justice for Madeleine. Martin Brunt: the McCanns refused permission to give evidence at trial - Page 2 307691 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 4 Jan - 18:08

mara thon wrote:but, but, I thought they positively thrived on media circuses, in fact I thought it was them who invented them !  I can only presume they are seething because they are not being allowed to have one in this particular case, they are so used to having everything their own way it must have come as a very nasty shock not to get their own way this time.  Doesn't the judge realise they are royals in waiting?

I think what they mean is that there would be the usual media circus but they'd have to face the cameras as the people who had been turned down by the judge.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next