Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs

2 posters

Go down

Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs Empty Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs

Post  Guest Sun 8 Feb - 8:01

Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 15218661

11:51pm UK, Saturday February 07, 2009
The three-month-old baby boy mauled to death by his family's two pet dogs has been named as Jaden Joseph Mack.

It is thought he was being looked after by his grandmother while his parents went out for the night.

Baby Jaden is thought to have been attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Jack Russell.

The incident happened in Ystrad Mynach, in the South Wales Valleys.

Tributes for the baby and his family have been posted online.

One appeared to be from the Lawrenson family, who's daughter Ellie died after being mauled by a dog in 2007.

"Our deepest sympathy goes out to all your family. We lost our little angel Ellie in similar circumstances and know the journey of pain you will be going through,"the post read.

"It's at this time you will need friends and family around you. You will be in our thoughts at this very sad time. The Lawrenson family. xxx"

It was left on the online memorial site GoneTooSoon. http://jadin-meck.gonetoosoon.org/

Neighbour Heather Organ described how Jaden's grandmother raised the alarm by screaming: "The baby is dead! He is dead!"

"It seemed as if somebody was very distressed or being attacked," said Ms Organ.

"I came out and saw my neighbour and he knocked on the door and asked her to open the door.

"When the door opened, two dogs ran out. At the time I didn't realise what had happened so, rather than let the dogs get hurt, I picked up the Jack Russell and ushered the other one (Staffordshire bull terrier) off the road.

"The grandmother came out and she was screaming 'The baby is dead! He is dead!' There was no blood on the Jack Russell but with the black one (Staffordshire bull terrier) I couldn't tell.

"When I entered the room the baby was obviously dead. The baby had a severe injury to his neck and with that the police arrived."

Ms Organ said she believed the neighbour was minding her grandson for the weekend.

Another neighbour, Gail Jones, said she was walking back from a night out when she heard the incident.

"It was just after 12pm and I heard the grandmother," said the 45-year-old. She was more than crying - she was absolutely hysterical. The poor woman. It was terrible.

"I know one neighbour tried to give the baby the kiss of life so you can imagine what state he is in now."

The baby was taken to hospital in Merthyr Tydfil but was pronounced dead.

It is believed he was the couple's only child.

Sky News reporter David Bowden, who is at the scene, said it looked like the tragedy was a "terrible accident".

"Everyone here is very shocked by what's happened," he said.

"It looks at the moment as though this is some very terrible accident. Neighbours say the two dogs, who they fed and took for walks, were actually quite placid."

Chief inspector Jim Baker, of Gwent Police, said: "Although the exact cause of death has yet to be established, it is believed a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Jack Russell were responsible for the fatal injuries."

The spokeswoman said the baby was being looked after by a "family member" at the time of the incident.

Gwent Police said the person would be interviewed but there have been no arrests.

The family has agreed that both dogs will be put down by vets.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs Empty Re: Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs

Post  Guest Sun 8 Feb - 10:04

I saw his little face on the news. Its heartbreaking. RIP little angel Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Feb - 10:28

I am a dog lover, but one has to question the silliness of people who leave dogs and children together unattended. Dogs are dogs. They will naturally get into a tug of war or compete with each other when there are two or more together. Even a single dog will get into a tug if something is wafted in front of it. It is a throwback to how they got their food in the wild and even the most placid lapdog will display these tendencies. Dogs like Staffies and Jack Russells are much closer in nature to their original roots and need treating with caution. They are brilliant working animals but if kept as pets their nature needs to be understood.
A child has lost its life because people take the attitude that "their" dog is a pet who wouldn't harm a fly. What and avoidable tragedy. Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Feb - 10:31

justagrannynow wrote:I am a dog lover, but one has to question the silliness of people who leave dogs and children together unattended. Dogs are dogs. They will naturally get into a tug of war or compete with each other when there are two or more together. Even a single dog will get into a tug if something is wafted in front of it. It is a throwback to how they got their food in the wild and even the most placid lapdog will display these tendencies. Dogs like Staffies and Jack Russells are much closer in nature to their original roots and need treating with caution. They are brilliant working animals but if kept as pets their nature needs to be understood.
A child has lost its life because people take the attitude that "their" dog is a pet who wouldn't harm a fly. What and avoidable tragedy. Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 389741

Well said. I love dogs too but they know who their master is and they do get jealous of children at times so I blame the grandmother here for not keeping them apart.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 9 Feb - 8:43

It was on sky this morning that the parents are making a plea that other people do not leave their dogs and young children together unattended.
I applaud them for that. The fault was not theirs, but the grandmother should have known better. After all, this is not the first time this has happened relatively recently. I recall a grandmother who lost her grandchild, killed by the 2 Staffies belonging to her son, the childs uncle. Then there were the two rottweillers who killed the child of a couple who had a pub.
How many more children have to be lost before people get the message? Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Mon 9 Feb - 20:44

justagrannynow wrote:It was on sky this morning that the parents are making a plea that other people do not leave their dogs and young children together unattended.
I applaud them for that. The fault was not theirs, but the grandmother should have known better. After all, this is not the first time this has happened relatively recently. I recall a grandmother who lost her grandchild, killed by the 2 Staffies belonging to her son, the childs uncle. Then there were the two rottweillers who killed the child of a couple who had a pub.
How many more children have to be lost before people get the message? Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 389741

I totally agree granny! Even when Rhianna used to want to get close to Ebony I wouldn't let her as you never know if the pet is going to get a little jealous and nip....

Ebony is a yourshire terrier and they usually love children but I wouldnt have taken the chance....

Damn i miss my little doggie Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs 389741
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Feb - 6:43

Amber I was wondering if you had heard anything about Ebony. So sorry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Feb - 15:00

justagrannynow wrote:It was on sky this morning that the parents are making a plea that other people do not leave their dogs and young children together unattended.

Well said gran. Surely everyone knows now that you don't leave dogs and children alone?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lubelle Tue 10 Feb - 20:56

Poor little boy...it should never of happened.When will parents and grandparents wake up to the dangers of children been left with dogs or left on their own or anything else that puts them in danger.Sometimes i feel like shaking these people to wake them up.

RIP little fellow...may your little face be smilling at the Angels.
lubelle
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Warning :
Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tributes For Baby Mauled By Dogs Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum