Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger? - The Guardian

+5
weissnicht
almostgothic
jinvta
interested
fred
9 posters

Go down

What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Empty What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger? - The Guardian

Post  interested Fri 10 Oct - 19:00

The article is  dated Friday 10 October 2014 15:30 BST - the writer is so ill informed she refers to the McCanns' "twin sons" - at least comments are accepted (subject to moderation of course).
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Empty Re: What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger? - The Guardian

Post  fred Fri 10 Oct - 20:06

What article?  Put the link up it might help What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian 306321
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian Empty Re: What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger? - The Guardian

Post  interested Fri 10 Oct - 20:22

fred wrote:What article?  Put the link up it might help What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian 306321

Sorry, I'm hopeless with links.  The best I can do is say that the article was written by Deborah Orr and it appears online  www.theguardian.com  hope that info helps.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Oct - 20:26

Shouldn't that be "the SUBJECT" of so much anger? If Kate was the Object, then it would be she who was expressing the anger. Oh, wait.....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/10/what-made-kate-gerry-mccann-object-of-so-much-anger?CMP=twt_gu
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sat 11 Oct - 6:19

"Do people simply find the sheer stubborn courage of these people so unbelievable that they mistrust it, even despise it? Can the root of all this McCann hatred be people seeing two parents roaring for justice, attacking those who would deny them it, and thinking: “I couldn’t do that, no way. But I can’t accept they’re better than me because they can. I prefer to believe they’re worse.”

Wow, this woman is completely and utterly clueless! Did she even bother to interview a single person who does not believe the McCann fairy-story?

How does she come up with these ridiculous questions? I have never, ever thought of the McCanns as courageous, in fact, quite the opposite. I have found them to be complete cowards, running away from Portugal the day after they were made arquidos, Kate refusing to answer the 48 questions, not insisting that their friends take part in the reconstruction, etc....

And why does she assume that anyone hates the McCanns? I don't think Brenda ever used the word hate, and I don't think that most who question their version of events feel any personal hate toward the pair. They may hate how the McCanns chose to neglect their 3 young children so they could go out night after night with friends, they may hate how the McCanns ignored police advice, they may hate how Kate refused to cooperate with the questioning knowing that it would hinder the investigation, but people don't hate the McCanns.

This author is just another name caller. Instead of calling those who question the McCanns "trolls," she is going for the more offensive descriptor "haters."

Too bad this woman had to resort to name calling, which we all know is a childish defense mechanism for those who don't have the facts or evidence on their side.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 11 Oct - 8:30

The McCanns say their twin sons are old enough now ......

It’s been more than seven years since Kate and Gerry McCann informed the British media that their four-year-old, Madeleine, had gone missing ......

***SIGH***

How are we to take any of this seriously when they cannot even get the basic facts right?

Just another badly-researched piece by yet another female columnist with an axe to grind.
They all come off the same conveyor belt. They all p*** in the same pot.
There'll be another bunch along in a minute ...

The Stepford Hacks.

NEXT!!!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 11 Oct - 9:28

Iris wrote:Shouldn't that be "the SUBJECT" of so much anger?  If Kate was the Object, then it would be she who was expressing the anger.  Oh, wait.....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/10/what-made-kate-gerry-mccann-object-of-so-much-anger?CMP=twt_gu

What made Kate and Gerry McCann the object of so much anger?  -  The Guardian 23324
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sat 11 Oct - 14:38

A lot of "anti" comments today on the comment section of the Guardian article, some probably erased but the majority printed.

The last one :

Aguia

11 October 2014 2:13pm

"What irks a lot of people is that we have articles like this one crammed down our throats on a regular basis telling us what wonderful, brave, resilient, courageous parents the McCanns are and that they deserve our total and undivided admiration. If you don't admire them you are vile, nasty, without empathy, etc."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sat 11 Oct - 15:55

My dad and his friend went fishing in a pond at the back of the local Beet Sugar Factory. He caught, and photographed, and weighed a simply enormous fish: a mirror carp. He put it straight back in the pond. His friend, who worked in the advertising dept of the local newspaper wrote a short report about it, which appeared under their 'star reporter's' byline. Only one fact was correct: my fathers name, as the catcher of the fish. Where it was caught, who was with him, even the type of tackle used, the fishes weight, and its species, were ALL INCORRECT. My dad said: 'Let that be a lesson to you not to accept at face value what you read in the papers!'

I read that Guardian newspaper article myself this morning at breakfast time. Not only were there incorrect facts, but it was so shallow and superficial that it wasn't worth the effort of my reading it. The gist was that the McCanns attracted 'so much anger'... Why? wondered the writer (I suppose it makes a change from saying they attract 'hate') She decided that it was because they were 'strong' and did not buckle under to despair but kept going etc etc ... and that was it I guess...

I don't remember anything about their daughter in it... except that they had lost her...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 11 Oct - 20:38

Why doesn't that keyboard chimp come out and tell us where he lives so we can see his /her face plastered all over the internet.

Come on...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Judge Dread Sat 11 Oct - 22:18

interested wrote:The article is  dated Friday 10 October 2014 15:30 BST - the writer is so ill informed she refers to the McCanns' "twin sons" - at least comments are accepted (subject to moderation of course).
How about...

They neglected their children
Their daughter went missing under mysterious circumstances
They didn’t search for their daughter
They lied about the shutters being jemmied
They kept changing their stories
They lied about an abduction
On their missing daughter’s 4th birthday, they were photographed coming out of a church smiling happily
They refused to do a reconstruction which would have helped in the search for their daughter
Kate McCann refused to answer 47 questions knowing it would impede the search for her daughter
They hired top lawyers and sued anyone who did not agree with their abduction story
They hired a spokesperson because they feared reporters would trick them into incriminating themselves.
They promised to explain why they believed their daughter was abducted as soon as their Arguido status was lifted… It was lifted, and they have still not explained.
They used the money raised by the public to help in the search for their daughter for mortgage payments.
They…
Oh, hell! The list is endless, but I think you’ll get the gist, Ms Orr…
Judge Dread
Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down