Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Mon 27 Oct - 18:18

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11189478/European-Arrest-Warrant-vote-justice-and-credibility-are-on-the-line.html?WT.mc_id=e_3640617&WT

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

EU threatens to fine Britain

Post  Panda on Mon 27 Oct - 18:30

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11190124/EU-threatens-to-fine-Britain-unless-it-pays-1.7billion-bill.html

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  fuzeta on Mon 27 Oct - 20:08

Well Panda, I think that if we refuse to pay the money, we are certainly not going to pay the fine. So where does that leave them?

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Mon 27 Oct - 21:21

fuzeta wrote:Well Panda, I think that if we refuse to pay the money, we are certainly not going to pay the fine.  So where does that leave them?

Hi fuzeta, the EU is now saying that the UK will receive a rebate in a few months time and that Cameron knew about the E1.7 Billion a while ago. They are obviously worried because Britain is the second largest contributor, Germany is the first.

Angela Merkel is butting in because she is afraid that if Britain leaves Germany will have to pay more. The EU is in crisis and Britain does not do much trade anyway with the EU and if the Trade Minister was doing his job, he would be visiting other Countries NOW. The EU have threatened to take Britain to Court
if we refuse to pay ......but I think Cameron should stand his ground and ask for a breakdown of the accounts . For many years the EU Auditors could not sign off the accounts and I suspect they are still having problems.

Cameron is a bit of a wimp, a lot of posturing because the Election is only a few months away. If he refuses to pay and the EU take Britain to Court , it all depends then on the Treaty signed years ago .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  fuzeta on Mon 27 Oct - 21:29

Do you mean the one Blair signed in Lisbon when he sold us all down the line? The time when he thought he was up for president! Just another little legacy to us from Tony.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Mon 27 Oct - 21:48

fuzeta wrote:Do you mean the one Blair signed in Lisbon when he sold us all down the line?  The time when he thought he was up for president!   Just another little legacy to us from Tony.

Fuzeta Tony Blair and his wife Cherie are worth a fortune , yet when he wrote his biography , which was a big success heonly donated the Royalties to the British Legion.....the scumbag.

He can't be blamed for all the EU faults though, I think John Major and another PM signed away our rights as well. Ted Heath was the worst, calling it a "Common Market." Now we have to comply with the latest EU directive to reduce Electricity and you have to agree we have lost a lot, and gained nothing.

No more Granny Smith Apples, real kidney beans with a big beans, king Edward potatoes etc.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

EU thratens to fine Britain E70 million a month.

Post  Panda on Tue 4 Nov - 7:48

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11206621/EU-threatens-to-fine-Britain-70-million-a-month.html?WT.mc_id=e_3657183&WT.tsrc=email&etype=f


I think Cameron is barking up the wrong tree , it is the MUSLIMS who are the problem , not EU born and bred Members.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  fuzeta on Tue 4 Nov - 18:14

I cannot believe that an organisation like the EU can drop an extra bill on a country's doormat for 1.7 billion with just over a month to pay. Then have the audacity to threaten to charge interest for every day it is not paid. This is far from reasonable behaviour. In fact it is absolutely disgusting. If this is the way these people behave it is time to get out and fast.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Tue 4 Nov - 18:33

fuzeta wrote:I cannot believe that an organisation like the EU can drop an extra bill on a country's doormat for 1.7 billion with just over a month to pay.   Then have the audacity to threaten to charge interest for every day it is not paid.  This is far from reasonable behaviour.  In fact it is absolutely disgusting.  If this is the way these people behave it is time to get out and fast.

Hi fuzeta, not only that , but they are going to fine Britain for every month Britain reneges. Angela Merkel is not making things any easier because she believes Cameron is wrong. He made a big mistake because our gripe, and his, is with the illegals, not many Europeans want to come to Britain and he can argue that Britain is not opposed to EU Members who would probably get a job anyway. If he's got any sense he will arrange a meeting immediately with EU leaders to emphasise he is not excluding EU Members but has every right to exclude any other Countries. He also should demand to see thee Accounts .


Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  katertaif on Tue 4 Nov - 23:26

fuzeta wrote:I cannot believe that an organisation like the EU can drop an extra bill on a country's doormat for 1.7 billion with just over a month to pay.   Then have the audacity to threaten to charge interest for every day it is not paid.  This is far from reasonable behaviour.  In fact it is absolutely disgusting.  If this is the way these people behave it is time to get out and fast.
.

The financial structure of the EU is in a mess fuzeta, perhaps crisis would be a better word. The Euro has failed, yet they continue to prop I up because it cannot be allowed to fail. It was always utterly impossible within the time frame allowed for so many countries with completely different GDP's totally different economies, some being dependent on heavy industry some on farming, and some on tourism. They had different banking systems with different rates of interest.

Nature would have taken at least a few hundred years, (or a war followed by occupation) to achieve this. Barrosso and his fellow clowns thought they could do it overnight. This is basically why they want more from us and Italy and Holland. Greece and Portugal, to name but two, simply cannot pay back what they've borrowed, so like Greece, large amounts are being written off and we are to pay the piper. We are already the third largest contributor very closely followed by Italy. Figures are very confused after that. Poland are officially the biggest nett receiver of EU money but Luxembourg get more per capita than anyone else and if you can't make sense of that, neither can I

The one thing I have never understood is why we have to pay so much to be a member of what was originally alleged to be a trading bloc with advantageous rates for members. You have something I want, I agree to buy it from you at a discount. Since we are both members of the club. Equally I have something you want and again I agree a discount for you. Why do we have to have an EU parliament. Why has Brussels made our and other MP's largely redundant, this isn't a trading bloc. It is intended to be the United States of Europe. Teddy Teeth knew that when we had a referendum. He just didn't tell us.

I think the reason for them demanding this money in such a short time is to panic us into paying. It is obvious that they did not take a blind bit of notice to the by election result, or the possible effect on the next one. they are already refusing to accept the results of the wishes of the people that swept through the MEP general elections. Arrogant is not the word.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  katertaif on Wed 5 Nov - 9:09

Panda wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11206621/EU-threatens-to-fine-Britain-70-million-a-month.html?WT.mc_id=e_3657183&WT.tsrc=email&etype=f


I think Cameron is barking up the wrong tree , it is the MUSLIMS who are the problem , not EU born and bred Members.

I agree with you insofar as the problem is two fold. every time they decide to talk tough on immigration they trot out the EU migrants. Yes they are a problem, but not by a long way the whole problem. We are also being steadily overrun by Asylum seekers. Most of whom in fact almost, but not all, come from Muslim countries who refuse to seek asylum at the first safe border they come to instead they flock here. Regardless of the claims that they do not receive benefits, there has to be a reason for us being a magnet, and we must close that down.

I have said they have passed through more than one safe country to get here therefore their claim should not be allowed they are automatically illegal unless they have come on a direct flight, which in itself is suspicious, arguing against the usual claim that if they stay in their home country they will be killed on sight. If they can openly get on a flight, that cannot be true.

As illegals, their claim should not be entertained. if they have papers they should be turned around immediately. Most of course destroy their papers to prevent this. OK, lock them up pending getting a new passport and then deport them. Our jails are full to bursting with foreign prisoners far out of proportion to the total number. Building new prisons would be a far cheaper option in the end.

Draconian measures I fully agree, but the fact is we have undergone a step increase in population, with more arriving every day. Our services and infrastructure are creaking under the strain now. It's only a matter of time.

There are many ways of getting a British passport. The illegal marriage scam is one. That may not be as tiny a contributor as we thought. Quite apart from the arranging of a marriage partner in Pakistan as soon as a child is born here. That is illegal enough, but small potatoes compared with the estimated 10,000 marriage ceremonies conducted last year purely as a business deal so one of them then qualifies for a British passport. Both should be stopped immediately. Not that anyone is listening to us, they are talking tough, and that's all they will do. As per usual the EU wouldn't let us anyway.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

EU migrants to the U.K. paid more in taxes than they received in Benefits

Post  Panda on Wed 5 Nov - 9:20

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29910497

Yet again.... Cameron has got it all wrong!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Wed 5 Nov - 9:31

Didn't I say the Auditors would not sign off at least i got that one right. EU Accounts....

I remember years ago it emerged that the EU Accounts could not be signed off. Cameron ought to demand an investigation before parting with a Penny .


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11209248/EU-auditors-refuse-to-sign-off-more-than-100billion-of-its-own-spending.html?WT.mc_id=e_3659694

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  katertaif on Wed 5 Nov - 19:18

Panda wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29910497

Yet again.... Cameron has got it all wrong!!!

I wouldn't go so far as that Panda, I'm sure Cameron knows full well what we know, and I imagine a great deal more beside. The problem being that he also knows that EU laws will prevent him from doing much about anything. Given that the results of the next election are looking grim, since they can do nothing about :

Immigration from within the EU
Immigration from without the EU
Immigration from illegal Asylum seekers (99.9%)
Prisons full of foreign offenders who after sentence get legal aid in their battle to stay, and we of course pay for the legal aid.
Plain illegals waiting at Sangatte to get here on the basis of try try and try again eventually they will succeed
Marriage scams as a business to get a British passport
Arranged marriages which are not a requirement in any religion. Then automatically coming to live in Britain, never Pakistan

The public are up in arms over these and other things, not from a racist standpoint, but from a standing only standpoint, we are full now. Our services are creaking now, and another quantum leap in population such as we have had in the last 15 years, would see those services disintegrating. The Golden Goose would be dead. More importantly to Cameron he would not by any stretch get re elected next year. They are the government (allegedly) and as such hold the reins of Power, and that is what they go into politics for - Power. Cameron for all his rhetoric can see that slipping away from him. The EU has too much hold over us now. We need their permission for almost anything we do. That includes immigration. We are no longer masters of our own destinies 28 other member states are.

For example France has approximately the same population level as us yet they have two and a half times our surface area not counting colonies. That shows the scale of the problem, which must be addressed sooner rather than later.

katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1283
Age : 72
Location : West Midlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Lioned on Wed 5 Nov - 19:33

Panda wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11206621/EU-threatens-to-fine-Britain-70-million-a-month.html?WT.mc_id=e_3657183&WT.tsrc=email&etype=f


I think Cameron is barking up the wrong tree , it is the MUSLIMS who are the problem , not EU born and bred Members.

If that comment is aimed at all Muslims then that will be yet another racist post you have been allowed to get away with.
And you being on your last warning as well .

If this forum was serious then it would deal with posts like this.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Wed 5 Nov - 23:39

Lioned wrote:
Panda wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/11206621/EU-threatens-to-fine-Britain-70-million-a-month.html?WT.mc_id=e_3657183&WT.tsrc=email&etype=f


I think Cameron is barking up the wrong tree , it is the MUSLIMS who are the problem , not EU born and bred Members.

If that comment is aimed at all Muslims then that will be yet another racist post you have been allowed to get away with.
And you being on your last warning as well .

If this forum was serious then it would deal with posts like this.

Don't be ridiculous Lioned , you know I mean the illegals so stop trying to stir it. By the way you reneged on our bet for £10 on the Pistorius case, as I suspected you would, even to deleting the relevant posts, shame on you.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Lioned on Wed 5 Nov - 23:50

As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 9:36

Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.
It's not that we aren't bothered Lioned, just that some of us have just given up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 10:47

Iris wrote:
Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.
It's not that we aren't bothered Lioned, just that some of us have just given up.

interesting remark. would like to see some flesh on that one. hopefully.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 10:53

Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.

the black sheep understands where you're coming from.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Panda on Thu 6 Nov - 12:48

Marky wrote:
Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.

the black sheep understands where you're coming from.

There are several posters who no longer post and several newcomers who post regularly yet some of the "oldies " make no attempt to engage with them , the Madeleine thread is still the main topic of conversation , when that is resolved "Missing Madeleine" would seem to be the wrong name.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 12:51

Marky wrote:
Iris wrote:
Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.
It's not that we aren't bothered Lioned, just that some of us have just given up.

interesting remark. would like to see some flesh on that one. hopefully.

I very seldom post on this forum now, usually I can be found on Twitter or Maddie McCann Mystery. I too am sick of reading racist posts and "jokes" and threads where the headline says something completely at odds with the link given. I lost interest in this forum some time ago and it's not just because there's little movement on the McCann case at the moment. I'd rather see a sparse forum than one full of rubbish and sadly, that's what this is becoming.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 19:45

Iris wrote:
Marky wrote:
Iris wrote:
Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.
It's not that we aren't bothered Lioned, just that some of us have just given up.

interesting remark. would like to see some flesh on that one. hopefully.

I very seldom post on this forum now, usually I can be found on Twitter or Maddie McCann Mystery.  I too am sick of reading racist posts and "jokes" and threads where the headline says something completely at odds with the link given.  I lost interest in this forum some time ago and it's not just because there's little movement on the McCann case at the moment.  I'd rather see a sparse forum than one full of rubbish and sadly, that's what this is becoming.

you still wearing saltire panties?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 19:58

Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:
Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.

the black sheep understands where you're coming from.

There are several posters who no longer post and several newcomers who post regularly yet some of the "oldies " make no attempt to engage with them , the Madeleine thread is still the main  topic  of conversation , when that is resolved "Missing Madeleine" would seem to be the wrong name.

sad to see old posters turn on each other.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Guest on Thu 6 Nov - 20:28

Marky wrote:
Iris wrote:
Marky wrote:
Iris wrote:
Lioned wrote:As i said your post is racist and should be removed as should you,sadly your sentiments are shared by a few others on here contrary to the forum rules and the silence from the other members here seem to suggest that not many are particularly bothered at the route this forum has taken.
It's not that we aren't bothered Lioned, just that some of us have just given up.

interesting remark. would like to see some flesh on that one. hopefully.

I very seldom post on this forum now, usually I can be found on Twitter or Maddie McCann Mystery.  I too am sick of reading racist posts and "jokes" and threads where the headline says something completely at odds with the link given.  I lost interest in this forum some time ago and it's not just because there's little movement on the McCann case at the moment.  I'd rather see a sparse forum than one full of rubbish and sadly, that's what this is becoming.

you still wearing saltire panties?
That is for me to know and for you to find out!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The E1.7 billion the EU demands by Britain

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:35


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum