Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have been Carter-Rucked

+20
pamalam
Fudge
Keela
kitti
welshy
Annabel
sans_souci
Alfiefinn
MissGivings
DavidA
malena stool
weissnicht
Alpine Aster
lynn
Susan
kujo
jassi
Carolina
fishie
Roasted Arizona
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Empty Re: I have been Carter-Rucked

Post  malena stool Thu 3 Dec - 21:08

I despair that the Parliament of this country has been taken over by deviants, charlatans and gutless bastards who are allowing self confessed child neglecters to employ pond life lawyers to use bully boy tactics in order to keep the truth from being known.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 21:20

employ pond life lawyers to use bully boy tactics in order to keep the truth from being known.

But that's what Gorbals Mick and his merry band of theives did, at taxpayers expence, to try and prevent their troughing ways been revealed to the PUBLIC. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 182123
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 3 Dec - 21:44

To true LA, New Labour.... I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 477442 Politics UK for the 21st Century. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 541656
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Thu 3 Dec - 22:03

Any lawyers here? I have questions.

I think this is scare tactics at the moment. It is interesting they wrote first to the hosting company. If the point was to get an immediate removal, going through the hosting company would not achieve this.

I am also not sure some parts of that letter are actually relevant (I have not quoted from it directly, but the sections I am referring to are obvious when referring to the site. Plus it gives the site owner more clicks):
............... in breach of a court order (regarding the pdf of book)
No, I do not think so. The Court Order is surely against G.Amaral and / or the publishers. The website owner / hosting company presumably is neither. If anything, it could be said to be in breach of copyright (if the rights for the book have now passed to McTeam), not a breach of a court order issued against someone else?

........................ our clients own the copyright (pictures and web blog)
No, I do not think so. Many of these pictures have been in the public domain for quite some time. The copyright to the blogs is clearly owned by G, but the publisher of the website clearly states that they are 'Gerry McCann's blogs'. I see not breach of copyright there.

This letter is definitely from CR?
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 22:12

You do need the consent of the copyright owner to use their 'creation', i.e. copyrighted material, I'm afraid, it doesn't matter how long they've been in the public domain. All material is copyrighted (automatically) in UK - it doesn't need to display the copyright symbol. Material for which a creator reliquishes their copyright ownership will be clearly stated to be copyright-free. Under similar circumstances a lot of copyright owners wouldn't bother pursuing a copyright infringement - because of the significant advantage of having it so freely available. IMHO, just more evidence that they're control freaks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGivings Thu 3 Dec - 22:55

So sorry to hear that Pamalam, it is absolutely appalling that they can do this, where will it all end?? My blood pressure is sky high with this news.
MissGivings
MissGivings
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 3 Dec - 23:51

Pamalam

If I were you I would write to John McCann (I have his address if you want it) and ask for his written
Guarantee that Carter Ruck are not being paid by No Stone Unturned for Gerry McCann"s obsession with
threatening to take Legal action against all and sundry. If the award from the Daily Express is paying for all
this, it means that the McCanns have donated nothing to searching for their Daughter.
l
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 4 Dec - 6:28

I am sorry to hear this, but I can't say I'm surprised. They are using the copyright issue as a figleaf to try to stop people seeing what Gerry's real priorities were at the terrible time when Madeleine first went missing. IMO the often somewhat perky tone of his blogs jibes somewhat against the picture of a distraught and destroyed parent that has been presented in the claim against Sr Amaral.The letter's timing is rather convenient too, when they are apparently due to visit court in Portugal next week.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Dec - 6:52

Alfiefinn wrote:I am sorry to hear this, but I can't say I'm surprised. They are using the copyright issue as a figleaf to try to stop people seeing what Gerry's real priorities were at the terrible time when Madeleine first went missing. IMO the often somewhat perky tone of his blogs jibes somewhat against the picture of a distraught and destroyed parent that has been presented in the claim against Sr Amaral.The letter's timing is rather convenient too, when they are apparently due to visit court in Portugal next week.

But surely this being Cyberspace what harm is being done to the McCanns image? If it was one of the Dailies
I could understand it . Obviously they are on a damage limitation exercise because of the £300,000 given to
Halligen but this is really very childish, Gerry had Madeleine"s Colomba trademarked within 2 weeks of her
disappearance, now why would he think do that in the midst of his grief????????
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Fri 4 Dec - 7:01

Morning Beattie!

In answer to your post, I'd say that although we are dealing with stuff on the net, they are trying to totally clear the slate and start again from 'Year Zero' by purging ANY info. which shows them in any light other than devastated parents. Look how hard it is now to find many interviews and reports from both newspaper and tv which were freely available earlier in the case. They know many people now turn to the net for a deeper and more informed report on many situations - only yesterday Google agreed to restrict the amount of free news pages that 'surfers' can view after pressure from news producers. They don't want any info. which might affect adversely the public view of them out there.

With regard to the coloboma trademarking - I think we both have the same idea about that! I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Icon_flower
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Fri 4 Dec - 7:05

This letter was dated at end of October, I believe. I would guess that similar letters will have been sent to hosts of all sites carrying transaltions of the book, or carrying potentially libellous material.

I am also guessing that this is in anticipation of the forthcoming trial, when Amarals defence may be that the material is already available on various sites and CR / ID have taken no action against them etc etc. By taking action against such sites they would effectively negate such defence. Just speculation, obviously, and it will be interesting to see what transpires next week.

As for the legalities, under the Berne convention the copyright owner can enforce copyright issues in all countries covered by the convention, and therefore a court order in the copyright ownder's country could in theory be seen to operate (almost) worldwide.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Fri 4 Dec - 7:21

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Dec - 7:34

Good Morning sans-souci

I can see your reasoning on this but don"t you think it is a bit late in the day for the Mccanns to try to gag
anyone who dares criticise?? It"s almost like the McCarthy witch hunt against the Communists. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 294124 I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Fri 4 Dec - 7:37

The copyright-thing should not be a big problem (but perhaps I am wrong...)

It is only nessesary to write: On G. McCanns block he stated that .... blablabla.
A very little and clever text-change and it has nothing to do with copyright any longer, I assume.

I can tell and write about what I want!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Dec - 7:43

Alfiefinn wrote:Morning Beattie!

In answer to your post, I'd say that although we are dealing with stuff on the net, they are trying to totally clear the slate and start again from 'Year Zero' by purging ANY info. which shows them in any light other than devastated parents. Look how hard it is now to find many interviews and reports from both newspaper and tv which were freely available earlier in the case. They know many people now turn to the net for a deeper and more informed report on many situations - only yesterday Google agreed to restrict the amount of free news pages that 'surfers' can view after pressure from news producers. They don't want any info. which might affect adversely the public view of them out there.

With regard to the coloboma trademarking - I think we both have the same idea about that! I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Icon_flower

Morning Yourself !!

There is certainly a sense of paranoia about this latest ploy and anyone with any sense will see through it,
after two and a half years they finally decide to take action????? Much good will it do them, Carter Ruck must
be laughing all the way to the Bank. The McCanns are their most litiginous Clients. Maybe some one with
clout will ask whether the Mccanns are paying all these Legal Fees.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Fri 4 Dec - 7:45

I am so sorry to hear this Pamalan. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 29204 Someone needs to put stop to these parasites. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 371436
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Dec - 8:13

welshy wrote:I am so sorry to hear this Pamalan. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 29204 Someone needs to put stop to these parasites. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 371436

Morning Welshy,

Exactly, but who will have the clout and b***s to do it. !!!!!! There is a glimmer of hope however, the "intelligent" Press will go through the next accounts due 31/1/10 with a fine toothcomb after this
Halligen business and not be afraid of the McCanns. Also, when they realise what is going on in Cyberspace
maybe the Guardian will take up the cause for Democracy since the Paper has no love for Carter Ruck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Fri 4 Dec - 11:08

Beattie wrote:
welshy wrote:I am so sorry to hear this Pamalan. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 29204 Someone needs to put stop to these parasites. I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 371436

Morning Welshy,

Exactly, but who will have the clout and b***s to do it. !!!!!! There is a glimmer of hope however, the "intelligent" Press will go through the next accounts due 31/1/10 with a fine toothcomb after this
Halligen business and not be afraid of the McCanns. Also, when they realise what is going on in Cyberspace
maybe the Guardian will take up the cause for Democracy since the Paper has no love for Carter Ruck.

I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 306321 Beattie. I hope you are right. I only hope that the pro's start to see them for the greedy, horrible people they really are. I do hope that the fund is investigated in full. Surely they can see that the McCanns are only interested in money and not Madeleine. As a mum of 2 i am sickened by them.
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 4 Dec - 11:21

Beattie wrote:
Alfiefinn wrote:Morning Beattie!

Morning Yourself !!

There is certainly a sense of paranoia about this latest ploy and anyone with any sense will see through it,
after two and a half years they finally decide to take action????? Much good will it do them, Carter Ruck must
be laughing all the way to the Bank. The McCanns are their most litiginous Clients. Maybe some one with
clout will ask whether the Mccanns are paying all these Legal Fees.

Its quite obvious that the 1.2m payout will go towards protecting the mccanns and their image, its always been about that and always will be.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 4 Dec - 13:16

Who the cooking hell do these lawyers think they are. More importantly who the hell are the McCanns. This latest tactic makes me more convinced that there is more to this case than initially thought. Protection is being given and for a very big reason.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Dec - 14:21

Its quite obvious that the 1.2m payout will go towards protecting the mccanns and their image, its always been about that and always will be.

I wonder how much Tiger Wood spent on trying to hush his "Little Indescretion" up, it never worked !!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudge Fri 4 Dec - 17:39

Laffin Assasin wrote:Its quite obvious that the 1.2m payout will go towards protecting the mccanns and their image, its always been about that and always will be.

I wonder how much Tiger Wood spent on trying to hush his "Little Indescretion" up, it never worked !!

I think Tiger will have to part with a few more Millions yet, they are all coming out of the woodwork, what did he expect?

Pamalam, I am so sorry this has happened, stay strong. They are getting very desperate but they cannot shut us all up.
Fudge
Fudge
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 500
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pamalam Sat 5 Dec - 11:06

A big thank you to everyone that has supported me through this very difficult time.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Carter-Ruck.htm
I have now removed the 2 letter images from the CR page. If anyone wants any information with regards to the letter please email me. The court documents still remain on CR page.
pamalam@hotmail.co.uk
pamalam
pamalam
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 364
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

I have been Carter-Rucked - Page 2 Empty Carter Ruck

Post  Guest Sat 5 Dec - 11:28

I am sorry you are having these problems and hope your sp will not bow down to them, it does make you wonder exactly what they are afraid of - is it the book or is it what is in the blogs. The narcissistic ramblings will not read well to the twins when they are old enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 5 Dec - 12:10

Pam, your sites are great!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next