Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee

Go down

UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee Empty UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 21:25

A BRITISH firefighter was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after cows spooked by a fire truck charged and killed a farmer.

Harold Lee, 75, suffered serious head and chest injuries after being stampeded by his own herd, who were scared by the fire engine's wailing sirens and flashing lights.

He died in hospital five days after the incident in Somerset, South West England, last August.

Following a six-month investigation, police confirmed that a 49-year-old man from Somerset was arrested this week on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence.

The unnamed firefighter was bailed until this Friday.

Lee's son Andrew said he believed the accident might have been avoided if the fire crew, who were responding to an emergency, waited until the cows were safely herded off the road before proceeding.

"We have always said that this incident should not have happened.

"As a family we would like justice to help put this behind us as quickly as possible," he told local newspaper the Bridgwater Mercury.

"Things are still pretty raw at the moment and will be until we get some answers as to why he died."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee Empty Re: UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 21:50

Oh FGS! I am sorry the man died I really am, but how can you blame firefighters for killing him because their sirens were wailing???
That is like me suing someone for making me jump when it's November 5th and fireworks are going off.....

Come to think of it I may sue God for his thunderstorm making me jump!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee Empty Re: UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 22:24

I couldnt believe this when I read it. How can they sue the fireman. All he was doing was his job. Im sorry but lives are more important than cows. Yes the man Died but everything was done to save this mans life.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee Empty Trampled farmer dies in hospital

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 23:03

Mr Lee's son, Andrew, at the scene where his father was injured
A farmer who was trampled by his herd of cows after they stampeded when a fire engine siren apparently startled them, has died in hospital.

Harold Lee, 75, was moving 100 cows from Robin's Farm in Burtle, Somerset, with his son Richard when a fire engine answering a 999 call approached them.

Mr Lee suffered chest and head injuries in the incident.

He was airlifted to the Royal United Hospital in Bath before being transferred to Frenchay Hospital.

Mr Lee was leading the herd along the B-road to the milking parlour on 11 August when the cows stampeded back towards their field.

Kicked to ground

Speaking last Friday his son Andrew told the BBC: "Father got off his quad bike to try to stop the cows, and they literally ran him over and kicked him to the ground.

"I think if they (the firefighters) had stopped and took their time for literally four minutes, they would have been on their way and this could all have been prevented."

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said it was responding to a call to a road accident when it encountered the cattle.

He said: "A man was injured by stampeding cattle and firefighters gave first aid at the scene prior to the arrival of the ambulance service.

"It is understood that this man has subsequently died and the sympathies of the service are with his family and friends.

"As this matter is now under police investigation it would not be appropriate to comment further."

Avon and Somerset police said the incident was being investigated and the possibility the cows were frightened by a fire engine was one line of inquiry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 23:33

Maybe the firefighters sounded the siren with the best of intentions, thinking it would get the cows out of the way so they could get past? The fact this fireman is being done for this is just stupid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 3 Mar - 23:55

The Lunatics appear to be in charge of the asylum we live in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 4 Mar - 20:54

Sue the fuking cow that trampled him then............actually the old man would be suing HIMSELF!!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100UK firefighter charged with manslaughter after cows killed farmer Harold Lee Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down