Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Faithlilly on Tue 23 Mar - 12:00

Thought this might be quite interesting :

Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Cutting Edge tells the stories of two families whose children died while embarking on overseas adventures. Faced with a foreign culture and police and lawyers they could barely communicate with, the families gradually come to believe the only hope of uncovering the truth was to take on the investigation themselves.
avatar
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  SteveT on Tue 23 Mar - 12:05

Will they do another program about families burying the truth and taking on the cover-up themselves.
avatar
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 597
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Guest on Tue 23 Mar - 12:08

Faithlilly wrote:Thought this might be quite interesting :

Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Cutting Edge tells the stories of two families whose children died while embarking on overseas adventures. Faced with a foreign culture and police and lawyers they could barely communicate with, the families gradually come to believe the only hope of uncovering the truth was to take on the investigation themselves.

That will be interesting to watch. Thank you for letting us know about it
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Faithlilly on Tue 23 Mar - 12:09

SteveT wrote:Will they do another program about families burying the truth and taking on the cover-up themselves.

Hopefully one day Steve.
avatar
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  tanszi on Tue 23 Mar - 12:24

By children, do they mean teenagers or young adults, the programme refers to their death on overseas adventures. What comes to my mind is the young girl who was killed in a Safari Park, and her Dad fought for ages, first to investigate how she died, and she was murdered, and secondly to bring her killers to justice.

Just thinking out loud really, will try to watch it. Its Easter weekend that week isn't it.
avatar
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3109
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  SteveT on Tue 23 Mar - 12:29

Tanzi,

That is the one I immediately thought of, in Kenya.
avatar
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 597
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Faithlilly on Tue 23 Mar - 12:31

tanszi wrote:By children, do they mean teenagers or young adults, the programme refers to their death on overseas adventures. What comes to my mind is the young girl who was killed in a Safari Park, and her Dad fought for ages, first to investigate how she died, and she was murdered, and secondly to bring her killers to justice.

Just thinking out loud really, will try to watch it. Its Easter weekend that week isn't it.

The young girl you are thinking about is Julie Ward Tanzi. Her father fought a tireless campaign to find out the truth of his daughter's fate which cost him personally hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I believe one of the cases the programme covers is Lyndsey Hawker who was murdered in Tokyo.
avatar
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Dimsie on Wed 24 Mar - 0:08

If the cases to be covered are those of teenagers or adults not accompanied by other members of their families it's very different from the case of a child who disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment.

Also, in Madeleine's case, the British police were involved from early on in the investigation and there seems to have been no problems with translation, etc. In fact, from the McCanns' point of view, the two British dogs seem to have been of more bother than all the foreign policemen put together.
avatar
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Location : N Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Faithlilly on Wed 24 Mar - 0:59

Dimsie wrote:If the cases to be covered are those of teenagers or adults not accompanied by other members of their families it's very different from the case of a child who disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment.

Also, in Madeleine's case, the British police were involved from early on in the investigation and there seems to have been no problems with translation, etc. In fact, from the McCanns' point of view, the two British dogs seem to have been of more bother than all the foreign policemen put together.

Although the victims are of a different age group and the circumstances of their disappearance very different I thought it would still be interesting to watch not so much from the investigation angle but with regards to their families actions and reactions to their loved ones loss.
avatar
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 24 Mar - 6:11

Dimsie wrote:If the cases to be covered are those of teenagers or adults not accompanied by other members of their families it's very different from the case of a child who disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment.

Also, in Madeleine's case, the British police were involved from early on in the investigation and there seems to have been no problems with translation, etc. In fact, from the McCanns' point of view, the two British dogs seem to have been of more bother than all the foreign policemen put together.

The dogs' language is universal! A woof is a woof in any language.
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18629
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 24 Mar - 6:20

Faithlilly wrote:
Dimsie wrote:If the cases to be covered are those of teenagers or adults not accompanied by other members of their families it's very different from the case of a child who disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment.

Also, in Madeleine's case, the British police were involved from early on in the investigation and there seems to have been no problems with translation, etc. In fact, from the McCanns' point of view, the two British dogs seem to have been of more bother than all the foreign policemen put together.

Although the victims are of a different age group and the circumstances of their disappearance very different I thought it would still be interesting to watch not so much from the investigation angle but with regards to their families actions and reactions to their loved ones loss.

It was very interesting the way the three lads were so quickly grabbed as patsies and how without the DNA they'd probably have no chance of getting another trial. Also, there is the woman who recalls seeing the step-father of one of the boys, Hobbs (?) with them that day, which she probably thought nothing about at the time. This is the way the Maddie case might be solved. A person may have seen something quite ordinary everyday and thought nothing of it, read something in the papers and think, "Hang on, that's not right."
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18629
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  kitti on Wed 24 Mar - 7:22

People were too focusedd on may 3rd and should be more focased on the days before then.
avatar
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Age : 107
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Faithlilly on Wed 24 Mar - 12:28

AnnaEsse wrote:
Faithlilly wrote:
Dimsie wrote:If the cases to be covered are those of teenagers or adults not accompanied by other members of their families it's very different from the case of a child who disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment.

Also, in Madeleine's case, the British police were involved from early on in the investigation and there seems to have been no problems with translation, etc. In fact, from the McCanns' point of view, the two British dogs seem to have been of more bother than all the foreign policemen put together.

Although the victims are of a different age group and the circumstances of their disappearance very different I thought it would still be interesting to watch not so much from the investigation angle but with regards to their families actions and reactions to their loved ones loss.

It was very interesting the way the three lads were so quickly grabbed as patsies and how without the DNA they'd probably have no chance of getting another trial. Also, there is the woman who recalls seeing the step-father of one of the boys, Hobbs (?) with them that day, which she probably thought nothing about at the time. This is the way the Maddie case might be solved. A person may have seen something quite ordinary everyday and thought nothing of it, read something in the papers and think, "Hang on, that's not right."

Unfortunately I think that with the heavyweight PR the McCanns have on board any piece of evidence that surfaces now that does not support their version of events will be undermined until it is of no real value.
avatar
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  fred on Wed 24 Mar - 12:48

[quote]Unfortunately I think that with the heavyweight PR the McCanns have on board any piece of evidence that surfaces now that does not support their version of events will be undermined until it is of no real value.

Faithlilly I think you are right, the PR machine would spin into action, and the disgraced PJ treadmill would begin again.
avatar
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4899
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Channel 4 Thursday 1st April Lost Abroad - The Parents Story

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum