Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat

3 posters

Go down

Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Empty Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat

Post  Guest Wed 14 Apr - 17:18

roadblocks set up in search for womanday-old infant found in holdall
Police investigate discovery of baby’s body in Broch flat
By Stephen Christie

Published: 14/04/2010

Detectives launched an investigation last night after a day-old baby boy was found dead in a north-east flat.

It is understood the body was discovered in a holdall at a first-floor property in Fraserburgh’s High Street.

Grampian Police said they were treating the death as unexplained.

Officers set up roadblocks around the town as they tried to trace a missing 25-year-old Lithuanian woman.

Motorists travelling south on the A90 Fraserburgh to Aberdeen road were shown a photo of Ineta Dzinguviene.

Posters were distributed around local shops and businesses in the town centre.

Police later confirmed that Miss Dzinguviene had been found safe and well and that a 25-year-old woman was helping with inquiries.

For much of the afternoon, uniformed officers stood guard outside the flat at 70 High Street where the infant’s body was found.

The area was cordoned-off with tape around 4pm.

High Street was closed between its junctions with Caroline Place and Cross Street and a mobile police incident unit was outside the flat, which sits above Partridges and East Coast Insurance.

A team of forensic experts wearing white suits entered the property at about 6pm.

One took video footage of the hallway of the flat before all three went inside.

Local residents and businesses spoke of their shock after learning about the baby’s death.

One shop owner, who asked not to be named, said he had seen Miss Dzinguviene leave the flat earlier in the day.

“I knew her face from seeing her coming and going and when the police showed me the photo I knew it was her,” he said.

“She was just a quiet woman who you would see going about now and again.”

A local businesswoman said: “The first I heard of it was when the police officer stood outside the front door.

“Then a police van arrived, there was an ambulance at one point and then (traffic) cones were put down the side of the road.”

She added: “Police came round asking questions about a Lithuanian woman but I didn’t recognise her.”

As well as the roadblock at the south entrance to the town, drivers were also being stopped on the B9031 Fraserburgh to Sandhaven road and on the A98 Fraserburgh to Macduff road.

There was a further roadblock on the A90 at Ellon.

All the roadblocks were lifted at about 3.30pm.

One motorist contacted the Press and Journal to say police were stopping every car and searching large vehicles.

“They were asking whether I had seen this woman and they showed me a picture,” said the man.

“They seemed to be stopping everyone and I even saw them stop and search a Securicor van.

“All they would say was that there were concerns about the woman’s whereabouts.”

A spokesman for Grampian Police said last night: “We are investigating the death of an infant boy at an address in Fraserburgh.

“The death is being treated as unexplained.

“A 25-year-old woman is assisting us with our inquiries and these inquiries are continuing.”

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Ambulance Service said paramedics were called to High Street about 12.30pm yesterday.

She said they were stood down after 10 minutes and described the incident as a “police matter”.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1689414/#ixzz0l5lhlGYD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Empty Re: Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 14 Apr - 18:17

Woman charged with baby boy's murder in Fraserburgh

A woman has been charged with murder after the discovery of a baby boy's body in an Aberdeenshire town.

The child - believed to have been about a day old - was found in a house on Fraserburgh's High Street on Tuesday.

A spokesman for Grampian Police said: "A 25-year-old woman has been charged with murder."

She is expected to appear at Peterhead Sheriff Court on Thursday. Grampian Police remain at the scene. Flowers have been left at the property.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8620313.stm
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Empty Re: Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat

Post  Susan Wed 14 Apr - 19:07

I really cant understand how people can do this to their own flesh and blood! She will have to live with this for the rest of her life now. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 389741
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 14 Apr - 19:35

Ambersuz wrote:I really cant understand how people can do this to their own flesh and blood! She will have to live with this for the rest of her life now. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 389741

Just one day in the world and that little life ended probably by the mother. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 389741

Rest in peace little one.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Wed 14 Apr - 20:25

AnnaEsse wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:I really cant understand how people can do this to their own flesh and blood! She will have to live with this for the rest of her life now. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 389741

Just one day in the world and that little life ended probably by the mother. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 389741

Rest in peace little one.

It makes me now think....with a mother like that what sort of life she would have had anyway Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 36898
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Smudge Wed 14 Apr - 23:04

So many people would have happily given the baby a home if she didn't want it Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 284844
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 15 Apr - 6:15

Smudge wrote:So many people would have happily given the baby a home if she didn't want it Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 284844

I'm sure you are right Smudge. There are probably lots of hopeful adoptive parents who would love to care for a newborn baby as their own.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 15 Apr - 11:52

It is worrying that the charge is murder , which is quite unusual in Scotland - normally it's culpable homicide. That would suggest it was deliberate and premeditated. I don't know how she thought she could have gotton away with it. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 29204
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 15 Apr - 11:53

The Famous Grouse wrote:It is worrying that the charge is murder , which is quite unusual in Scotland - normally it's culpable homicide. That would suggest it was deliberate and premeditated. I don't know how she thought she could have gotton away with it. Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 29204

Probably a working-class woman on her own, without powerful allies and no idea of how to get rid of a body.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 27 Apr - 21:26

Holdalls seem to be the cadaver concealment of choice recently in UK infanticide cases Baby's Body Found In Holdall in Fraserburgh Flat 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum