Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull

2 posters

Go down

Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Empty Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull

Post  Guest Sat 17 Apr - 9:04

Last night we were treated to a truly spectacular sunset here in the NE of Scotland, due to the volcanic fallout from Eyjafjallajökull (I had to c&p that bit! Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull 294124 ) The sky was a really rich, sulphuric yellow. If it is the same tonight I'll take some photographs and post them.

I also learned that quite a lot of the paintings by Turner have red skies due to the fallout from Krakatoa. No, it wasn't just in his imagination! Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull 294124

Here is a link to a live webcam showing the volcano still spewing out ash and gunge -

http://eldgos.mila.is/eyjafjallajokull-fra-valahnjuk/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Empty Re: Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull

Post  fedrules Sat 17 Apr - 11:03

Our airspace in Switzerland is also closed so there are none of the usual vapour trails above the mountain I can see from my living room. Normally, there is a high flight path there. We were supposed to be going to Sicily last week, but had to cancel at the last minute due to work issues, I was really disappointed, but if we'd gone we would've ended up stranded by the airport closures so maybe the cancellation wasn't such a bad thing afterall.

Looking forward to seeing your sunset photos. It's a beautiful day here so perhaps we can expect a spectacular sunset this evening...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 17 Apr - 11:18

fedrules wrote:Our airspace in Switzerland is also closed so there are none of the usual vapour trails above the mountain I can see from my living room. Normally, there is a high flight path there. We were supposed to be going to Sicily last week, but had to cancel at the last minute due to work issues, I was really disappointed, but if we'd gone we would've ended up stranded by the airport closures so maybe the cancellation wasn't such a bad thing afterall.

Looking forward to seeing your sunset photos. It's a beautiful day here so perhaps we can expect a spectacular sunset this evening...

I'll be looking out too. I hadn't realised our air space was closed as well. We get alot of high traffic heading over the Alps. Bottle of wine on the balcony later methinks Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull 944533
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sat 17 Apr - 13:17

Yep, definitely an evening for sky gazing with a glass of vino.

Struck me when out walking my friend's dog that if this had happened sooner, the Polish president and all the other passengers wouldn't have been killed in that plane crash. Now it seems that some people won't be able to fly to his funeral. It's rather daunting how fate works and our lives are just hanging on a thread...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Empty Taking The Pith Now....

Post  Guest Mon 19 Apr - 9:40

Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull 1grx6e

Eamonn Holmes on Sky - "Why can't we just drop a nuclear bomb on the volcano."

Good idea, Eamonn! Let's turn the ash cloud radioactive. Pillock! Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull 477442

Here's the best one I have seen so far. You can see why the ancients thought that their gods lived in the volcano.

Latest Pix From Eyjafjallajökull Bx71UN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 20 Apr - 8:43

That photo is awesome isn't it and pretty sinister too ?
Can't believe Holmes made such an idiotic comment!! Was it a failed attempt at humour??!
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down