Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six-Year-Old 'Little Angel' Stabbed In Chest

Go down

Six-Year-Old 'Little Angel' Stabbed In Chest Empty Six-Year-Old 'Little Angel' Stabbed In Chest

Post  Guest Fri 11 Jun - 0:51

10:33pm UK, Thursday June 10, 2010

Sarah Gordon, Sky News Online

The mother of a six-year-old girl who was stabbed in the chest has been released by police without charge.

Rowan Close in Guildford where the young girl was stabbed

Officers were called to the family's end-of-terrace house on an estate in Surrey just after midnight on Thursday after neighbours heard raised voices.

Her injuries were described as serious but Surrey Police later said her condition was comfortable and she was "doing well" in hospital.

The girl's 44-year-old mother - who received stab wounds to her hand - and her 28-year-old partner were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

She was freed but her partner remains in police custody.

Neighbours described the injured girl as a "little angel" who would often be seen playing outside on the grass.

Adam Howlett, 35, a yardman for Guildford Borough Council, who lives six doors away from the family, said: "They are very quiet, normal people.

"I came in quite late and I heard raised voices from inside the house. I looked out of my window but I couldn't see anything.

"It's not the sort of thing that you expect to happen on your doorstep. It's a little bit rough round here but no rougher than any other places."

After the incident, the property was surrounded by police tape and two police officers stood guard as forensic officers carried out inquiries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down