Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM slagging off Portugal yet again

+4
Claudia79
FSoares
Sandi
Smudge
8 posters

Go down

DM slagging off Portugal yet again Empty DM slagging off Portugal yet again

Post  fred Sun 1 Aug - 8:30

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299195/Hero-fireman-wrongly-jailed-Portugal-football-thug-says-wife.html

I have no idea if this man is guilty or not. To me his story doesn't come across as convincing, but having said that nothing in the Daily Mail is ever a balanced report!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
DM slagging off Portugal yet again Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100DM slagging off Portugal yet again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

DM slagging off Portugal yet again Empty Re: DM slagging off Portugal yet again

Post  Smudge Sun 1 Aug - 9:46

That's true Fred, my mum reads the Mail and can't understand why we laugh when she says "Oh that's not what it said in my paper"
Oh and 2 of his daughters seem to have forgotten to put their dresses on over their underskirts DM slagging off Portugal yet again 25346
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :
DM slagging off Portugal yet again Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100DM slagging off Portugal yet again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 1 Aug - 10:06

Surely the DM can't be wrong all the time.... perhaps Portugal really is a wild untamed country full of brigands, bandits and incestuous abductors as so classically described and portrayed by the McCann's PI's, Dickhead and Dopey. Or is the Mail merely repainting the scene of Portuguese judicial and lawless incompetence in preparation for an upcoming clash of truth and sense versus Team McCann.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandi Sun 1 Aug - 10:07

Actually it asks another more important question in my opinion. How can Portugal go to the expense it has and the trouble for an alleged football hooligan but can simply put the case of a missing child on the shelf?

Thinking about it I suppose Britain is trying to get the world cup for 2018 so co-operated all they could.

Sandi
Sandi
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 266
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Sun 1 Aug - 11:50

This man does know well what he did during the Euro 2004. As everybody knows, Algarve was the only place in the country where riots with hooligans took place, during the whole Euro. When we travel abroad, we know we have to abide to the laws of the country we are. In my opinion, he's been lucky, because in another European country, he would serve more time in jail... So, let his wife tell what she wants. If he was a hero at home, he should know how to behave in any place of the world.
Let then keep bashing Portugal (that for a fact is a country with the softest law I ever seen - and any Portuguese can confirm it).

DM slagging off Portugal yet again 25346
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Aug - 11:58

malena stool wrote:Surely the DM can't be wrong all the time.... perhaps Portugal really is a wild untamed country full of brigands, bandits and incestuous abductors as so classically described and portrayed by the McCann's PI's, Dickhead and Dopey. Or is the Mail merely repainting the scene of Portuguese judicial and lawless incompetence in preparation for an upcoming clash of truth and sense versus Team McCann.

DM slagging off Portugal yet again 306321 Malena,

We obviously don"t know the full story and I have made a comment to this effect saying why wasn"t a British
Embassy Staff Member aiding this guy which is supposed to happen when a Britsh Subject abroad has any
problems. Had a sly dig about the help given to the McCanns and their accusations that the Portugese have not
followed up all the leads which proved unfounded as the "not relevant" proved to be just that.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Aug - 12:01

FSoares wrote:This man does know well what he did during the Euro 2004. As everybody knows, Algarve was the only place in the country where riots with hooligans took place, during the whole Euro. When we travel abroad, we know we have to abide to the laws of the country we are. In my opinion, he's been lucky, because in another European country, he would serve more time in jail... So, let his wife tell what she wants. If he was a hero at home, he should know how to behave in any place of the world.
Let then keep bashing Portugal (that for a fact is a country with the softest law I ever seen - and any Portuguese can confirm it).

DM slagging off Portugal yet again 306321 F Soares,

Iv"e just replied to Malena"s post saying I have commented in the Daily Mail.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 1 Aug - 13:06

FSoares wrote:This man does know well what he did during the Euro 2004. As everybody knows, Algarve was the only place in the country where riots with hooligans took place, during the whole Euro. When we travel abroad, we know we have to abide to the laws of the country we are. In my opinion, he's been lucky, because in another European country, he would serve more time in jail... So, let his wife tell what she wants. If he was a hero at home, he should know how to behave in any place of the world.

Sadly true!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Aug - 21:06

Just checked and the DM did not publish my post because I mentioned "you know who" DM slagging off Portugal yet again 294124 DM slagging off Portugal yet again 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lifeisforliving Sun 1 Aug - 21:13

Maybe they weren't worried about 'you know who'. Maybe they just didn't like you. :haha:

They certainly don't like me. :lmao:
lifeisforliving
lifeisforliving
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1096
Warning :
DM slagging off Portugal yet again Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100DM slagging off Portugal yet again Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 1 Aug - 21:28

Panda wrote:
Just checked and the DM did not publish my post because I mentioned "you know who" DM slagging off Portugal yet again 294124 DM slagging off Portugal yet again 294124
DM slagging off Portugal yet again 306321 Panda... the DM has never published anything of mine either, even when commenting on stories with no relationship to the inhabitants of Rothely Towers.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Aug - 21:33

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:
DM slagging off Portugal yet again 306321 Panda... the DM has never published anything of mine either, even when commenting on stories with no relationship to the inhabitants of Rothely Towers.

DM slagging off Portugal yet again 306321 Malena, Oh they did publish one of my comments on the Olympic Games expenditure when we are facing
such a cutback in almost every Government Department.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 1 Aug - 22:22

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

DM slagging off Portugal yet again 306321 Malena, Oh they did publish one of my comments on the Olympic Games expenditure when we are facing
such a cutback in almost every Government Department.
Panda DM slagging off Portugal yet again 29204 ... you should feel very honoured to move in such circles.. DM slagging off Portugal yet again 294124
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Aug - 0:21

I never get anything printed in the Daily Wail nowadays, either. I am probably banned from there. Not that I care, I have been banned from much better places than the Daily Wail.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 2 Aug - 9:09

The Famous Grouse wrote:I never get anything printed in the Daily Wail nowadays, either. I am probably banned from there. Not that I care, I have been banned from much better places than the Daily Wail.

I get a few printed. Iv'e just left a comment on this article, saying it was the Portugues police' fault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299542/Manchester-United-midfielder-Anderson-dragged-unconscious-burning-car-wreck.html
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 2 Aug - 9:18

fred wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:I never get anything printed in the Daily Wail nowadays, either. I am probably banned from there. Not that I care, I have been banned from much better places than the Daily Wail.

I get a few printed. Iv'e just left a comment on this article, saying it was the Portugues police' fault.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299542/Manchester-United-midfielder-Anderson-dragged-unconscious-burning-car-wreck.html
Not Amaral surely............. DM slagging off Portugal yet again 23324
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down