Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

azaria Chamberlain died 30 years today

+3
fedrules
tanszi
docmac
7 posters

Go down

azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Empty azaria Chamberlain died 30 years today

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 10:22

RIP baby girl

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/odd/7774968/change-azarias-death-certificate-chamberlain/

lindy Chamberlain has used the 30th anniversary of her baby Azaria's disappearance to renew calls for the death certificate to be changed to confirm a dingo was responsible.

Ms Chamberlain has posted an open letter on her website which she has addressed to "open-minded Australians".

Her daughter Azaria disappeared near Uluru on this day in 1980.

Ms Chamberlain was found guilty of murder in 1982 but the conviction was quashed after she served three years in prison.

"Our family will always remember today as the day truth was dragged in the dirt and trampled upon," she says in the letter.

"But more than that it is the day our family was torn apart forever because we lost our beautiful little Azaria."

Ms Chamberlain says Azaria's death certificate, which records an open finding, should be changed to say that a dingo was responsible for her daughter's death.

She says both the Royal Commission and the Northern Territory Supreme Court have recommended changes should be made.

"She deserves justice," Ms Chamberlain said.
"In light of all the evidence before the Commission, this should be reflected on her death certificate and not the open finding that is there now."

azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today 5prdeb
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Empty Re: azaria Chamberlain died 30 years today

Post  lynn Tue 17 Aug - 11:30

This case was bizzare. Lindy was criticised for the way she spoke and looked, a film was made and talk went on for years and years and is still the topic of conversation to this day. Finding the baby's clothing was bizarre too. All in all, just what did happen...don't think a dingo took Azaria.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Empty Re: azaria Chamberlain died 30 years today

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 11:35

lynn wrote:This case was bizzare. Lindy was criticised for the way she spoke and looked, a film was made and talk went on for years and years and is still the topic of conversation to this day. Finding the baby's clothing was bizarre too. All in all, just what did happen...don't think a dingo took Azaria.

i dunno i have always thought lindy didnt do it but i do belive there was human intervension IE someone found the baby maybe decaputated etc and buried the baby to protect her mum like this case no one will ever knowa 100%
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Tue 17 Aug - 11:55

Justiceforallkids wrote:
lynn wrote:This case was bizzare. Lindy was criticised for the way she spoke and looked, a film was made and talk went on for years and years and is still the topic of conversation to this day. Finding the baby's clothing was bizarre too. All in all, just what did happen...don't think a dingo took Azaria.

i dunno i have always thought lindy didnt do it but i do belive there was human intervension IE someone found the baby maybe decaputated etc and buried the baby to protect her mum like this case no one will ever knowa 100%

I've always thought she did. But I am quite a sceptical barsteward.

"lindy Chamberlain has used the 30th anniversary of her baby Azaria's disappearance to renew calls for the death certificate to be changed to confirm a dingo was responsible."

Why is this so important? It's been 30 years. And she's free.

"open-minded Australians." Again, she is saying too much, imo.

Whatever the case, RIP Azaria.

docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100azaria   Chamberlain died   30 years  today Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 12:01

docmac wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:

I've always thought she did. But I am quite a sceptical barsteward.

"lindy Chamberlain has used the 30th anniversary of her baby Azaria's disappearance to renew calls for the death certificate to be changed to confirm a dingo was responsible."

Why is this so important? It's been 30 years. And she's free.

"open-minded Australians." Again, she is saying too much, imo.

Whatever the case, RIP Azaria.

yeah me and my twin were 13 months old when azaria vanished azaria death certificate remains as cause of death unknown thats probably why
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 12:03

whats also weird is they found the babys mattnee jacket 5 and a half years later lindy always said thats where the dogs salvia might of been and the jacket had blood all over it and was torn.........
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 17 Aug - 15:46

I find it quite bizarre than anyone would go camping with such a young baby. I am also very sceptical by nature and tend to feel that if there's enough evidence to take someone to court, than they're fairly likely to be guilty.In fact, I have always been of the opinion that there are many more people who get away with crimes (Larry Murphy being a recent blatant example) than who are wrongly comvicted.

I would've thought 'open verdict' was quite accurate and perhaps has an underlying message similar to the decision not to pay Sion Jenkins compensation..However, I have to admit that I'm not really familiar with the Chamberlian case details.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 16:06

basically fedrules they were aqytted after lindy spent like 3 years in jail but azarias death cetificates remains reason of death unknown and at the time of the court cases the judges said something about a person or persons name unknown may have disposed of azaria
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 17 Aug - 16:15

the verdict of open seems to be an appropriate one as cause of death is not definitive. Im sure the child suffered horribly whatever the cause of death and trust she now rests in peace. imo it was all a bit awful and strange at the time; when the jacket was found does anyone know if tests were dont.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 16:23

tanszi wrote:the verdict of open seems to be an appropriate one as cause of death is not definitive. Im sure the child suffered horribly whatever the cause of death and trust she now rests in peace. imo it was all a bit awful and strange at the time; when the jacket was found does anyone know if tests were dont.

a few years ago 2 men who are elderly came out one whom has since died and said they found azarias mutated body on the night she vanished and panicked because they were drunk and thought they would be accused of mudrering her and said her body was in melbourne but it was investigated and wasnt true.................. and yeah they tested the jacket and it was azarias i think there was salivia on it a week after azaria vanished they found some of her clothes near a digo lair like booties nappies etc singlet etc
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Tue 17 Aug - 16:39

Have just googled this case and tend to believe, from what I've read, that Lindy Chamberlain was not guilty, although, of course, the version I found may not have been entirely impartial.

I still think it was odd to go on a camping trip with a baby and can imagine how the visit to an ancient holy sight, like Uluru, might have led to speculation about human sacrifice, especially as ,at the time, forensics appeared to have found 'fetal blood' (i.e. blood from a baby under 6 months of age) in the Chamberlains' car. A visit to pro- sites reinforces my view that there's nowt as queer as excessively religious folks and the Chamberlains were 7 Day Adventists. However, the forensic tests turned out to be unreliable and dingo attacks have occurred several times since, so, on the whole, I think the Chamberlains's claim that a dingo took their daughter is quite credible.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 16:44

whats sad is lindy got pregnant with her daughter kayliah during the second trial and the baby was seperated from her while in jail kayliah was 4 when lindy got out of jail so another little girl was affected by the tragedy
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Tue 17 Aug - 16:47

Just a few questions
1. how old was the baby
2., how much did she weigh
3. how big is a dingo
4. what does a dingo weigh

If the animal is quite large and strong and the baby small and light then possibly but otherwise wouldn't the dingo have had to drag the baby along? In this case surely there would have been drag marks.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 17 Aug - 16:48

Keela wrote:Just a few questions
1. how old was the baby
2., how much did she weigh
3. how big is a dingo
4. what does a dingo weigh

If the animal is quite large and strong and the baby small and light then possibly but otherwise wouldn't the dingo have had to drag the baby along? In this case surely there would have been drag marks.
yeah there was drag marks which were ignored aborginal trackers found them azaria was 9 weeks old 10lbs a dingo is about as big a sa large dog bu is wild there was blood al lover in the tent on sleeping bags clothes etc and on the tent pole and blood n the little boy regan wh owas 4 at the time
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 17 Aug - 21:11

Justiceforallkids wrote:
and yeah they tested the jacket and it was azarias i think there was salivia on it a week after azaria vanished they found some of her clothes near a digo lair like booties nappies etc singlet etc

I was 11 at the time and remember this case quite well. I always believed Lindy especially after the above find, couldn't believe it when she was jailed it seemed to my young mind that because Azarias body hadn't been found a scapegoat had to be blamed regardless. A few years ago some explorers/climbers (?) found a little knitted cardigan around Uluru didn't they? Everything points to a dingo IMO.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 17 Aug - 23:50

The baby's clothing had stains around the neck which experts mulled over. Dingoes are not pussy foot attackers and don't leave much behind. Lindy suffered terribly in jail and like Kate McCann drew criticism when she appeared on TV. Somewhat alike the way they both spoke. But, a thought persists, is Azaria still alive somewhere.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down