Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing

2 posters

Go down

Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Empty Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing

Post  Guest Thu 28 Oct - 0:39

Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing
Share7 Share
10:59pm UK, Wednesday October 27, 2010

Gary Mitchell, Sky News Online

A loaded gun has been found by two children playing on an embankment near a motorway.

Police: 'Whoever has dumped this clearly has no regard for human life.'

Police said the pistol was found by the 13-year-old boys in a bag dumped near the M62, in Bury.

The firearm had six bullets in the magazine and a further 26 rounds of ammunition were found at the scene, in Bentley Lane.

The children alerted Greater Manchester Police and organised crime officers are now trying to trace who discarded the weapon.

The pistol was loaded with six bullets in the magazine

Detective Sergeant Dave Caulfield, from the force's Xcalibre Organised Crime Unit, said: "Finding a firearm is always a great result but the circumstances surrounding this recovery are extremely concerning.

"Whoever has dumped this clearly has no regard for human life as this weapon, in the wrong hands, could have killed someone.

Some of the bullets found at the scene

"Thankfully the children contacted us and we are now working to establish who left the gun there so if anyone has any information that can help I would urge them to get in touch."

:: Anyone with information can call Xcalibre Organised Crime Unit on 0161 856 6436 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Empty Re: Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing

Post  malena stool Thu 28 Oct - 10:51

The country is daily getting more like the Wild West. Hopefully the police will trace the weapon back to it's owner and or the person who disposed of it and hopefully (although I doubt it) the law will be applied to its appropriate and maximum force.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Empty Re: Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing

Post  whatsupdoc Thu 28 Oct - 16:10

malena stool wrote:The country is daily getting more like the Wild West. Hopefully the police will trace the weapon back to it's owner and or the person who disposed of it and hopefully (although I doubt it) the law will be applied to its appropriate and maximum force.

Thank goodness the children handed the gun and ammunition in to the police...a nasty accident avoided.

I would think it unlikely to still have it's serial number on. Bullets can be traced back to the gun, though.

Pistols have been banned in the UK for about 15 years now. I remember members of the gun club having to fly over to the Isle of Man to practice. How we ever won a gold at the India games is beyond me.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Children Find Loaded Gun While Playing  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down