Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding...........

+14
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
wjk
fred
Keela
chrissie
Midas
DavidA
Alpine Aster
Lioned
buildersbum
lynn
zodiac
kitti
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding...........

Post  fred Thu 24 Feb - 9:05

~Following on from Ms Kate Middleton,who will now be referred to as Catherine, Kate McCann will also be now known as Catherine Mccann too. Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 25346
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding...........

Post  wjk Thu 24 Feb - 13:01

Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 23324 Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 23324 fred Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Thu 24 Feb - 13:12

Keela wrote:
chrissie wrote:
Keela wrote:
Midas wrote:They have been outdone by William and Kate ........ and also the Monkees, who are having a big revival on May 12th ...... In Liverpool of all places. Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 613255 Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 613255

How dare they

The Monkees are reforming on the 12th May? Oh no how could they and in Liverpool of all places. Such thoughtlessness, overshadowing the great book launch, Words fail me, surely the Monkees can be persuaded to put back the date of their revival or at least invite Kate & Gerry as a gesture of goodwill. Don't forget the back stage passes!

That is so funny Keela Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 23324

First the wedding and now The Monkees Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 294124

Well they say that things come in threes, so I wonder what else is round the corner to steal their thunder!!!! Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 25346

ETA, of course the Mccanns could always say that the Monkees are doing their revival on this date as a tribute to madeleine. if that were the case at least someone had her intheirn thoughts, pity it wasn't the parents whilst she was on holiday.
A thunderous green from me because:

a) I love the Monkees - even more so after this news
b) The red stripe was completely unwarranted, and
c) I will be hitting the half century on that very date
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 24 Feb - 13:14

docmac wrote:
Keela wrote:
chrissie wrote:
Keela wrote:
Midas wrote:They have been outdone by William and Kate ........ and also the Monkees, who are having a big revival on May 12th ...... In Liverpool of all places. Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 613255 Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 613255

How dare they

The Monkees are reforming on the 12th May? Oh no how could they and in Liverpool of all places. Such thoughtlessness, overshadowing the great book launch, Words fail me, surely the Monkees can be persuaded to put back the date of their revival or at least invite Kate & Gerry as a gesture of goodwill. Don't forget the back stage passes!

That is so funny Keela Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 23324

First the wedding and now The Monkees Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 294124

Well they say that things come in threes, so I wonder what else is round the corner to steal their thunder!!!! Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 25346

ETA, of course the Mccanns could always say that the Monkees are doing their revival on this date as a tribute to madeleine. if that were the case at least someone had her intheirn thoughts, pity it wasn't the parents whilst she was on holiday.
A thunderous green from me because:

a) I love the Monkees - even more so after this news
b) The red stripe was completely unwarranted, and
c) I will be hitting the half century on that very date

I love the Monkees too! I remember watching their show on TV every Saturday when I was a child...."Hey hey we're the Monkees!" Yayyyyy
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 25 Feb - 23:39

Me too Anna - big bowl of Frosted Flakes at hand. Then you had to pretend to be the Monkees with your badminton racquet as a guitar.
Surely that was not 40 odd years ago.

Everyone had a favorite- Davy Jones, Peter York, Micheaael Nesbitt or the drummer... wait for it... Mickey York? Rourk? Something.

They must be in their 60s by now, those "young generation" songs will seem odd coming out of such august mouths. Last train to Clarkesville, that is the only one I remember, but I did have the album and I think it was the first album I owned. Probably worth a fortune now.

Maybe they should do an old vinyl raffle.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Feb - 9:08

we just saw mickey dolenz at his majestys theatre in hairspray, and he was fab fab fab!
i used to love the monkees, my fave was mike nesmith the tall quiet one, he has apparently just been ordained as a minister
davy jones, the wee one, had a career as a jockey
they are multi talented guys!

ot, reports have it that the obamas are raging because they did not get invited
and they tried to turn it into a race issue - is it cuz we is black???
till somebody pointed out that there will be loads of other black people there from all the cw countries, and they will be very warmly received
it is cuz the queen cannot stand the obamas, she thinks they are vulgar and up themselves
and i suppose michelle obama calling the grooms late mother a clothes horse didnt exactly help their case any Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 294124

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 26 Feb - 9:16

The Famous Grouse wrote:we just saw mickey dolenz at his majestys theatre in hairspray, and he was fab fab fab!
i used to love the monkees, my fave was mike nesmith the tall quiet one, he has apparently just been ordained as a minister
davy jones, the wee one, had a career as a jockey
they are multi talented guys!

ot, reports have it that the obamas are raging because they did not get invited
and they tried to turn it into a race issue - is it cuz we is black???
till somebody pointed out that there will be loads of other black people there from all the cw countries, and they will be very warmly received
it is cuz the queen cannot stand the obamas, she thinks they are vulgar and up themselves
and i suppose michelle obama calling the grooms late mother a clothes horse didnt exactly help their case any Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 294124

Mickey Dolenz lived in a very posh Hall in the same town as I do about 20 odd years ago. He looked about a 100 then with his perma tanned wrinkly skin so I hope he's given up on the sun tan. He was always very pleasant and friendly and rubbed shoulders with us lesser mortals with a smile and a bit of a chat.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Feb - 9:19

sadly no, dazed, he hasnt, he still looks like a wrinkled old boot
but he was very good in the play and met some of the kids afterwards to sign autographs etc
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 15:55

It was on the news here that Obama's weren't invited and the journo's opinion was that it was because Michelle Obama, at a state visit, had inappropriately touched the queen on the back when meeting her and shaking her Royal hand.

NOBODY touches the queen!

How terrible and what a faux pas! To touch the royal shoulder as if she were like anyone else, a mere human being.

I'm certain had the Obamas been warned of this Michelle would not have done it, or she just forgot and God forbid acted like the natural and warm woman she is - however it's a bit sad to be Queen if no one ( apart from, I guess, your husband and children?) can ever touch you. Might explain some of the feeling that the royal family is a bit out of touch with the commoners.

I doubt that Obamas are horribly offended, they do have something else to do apart from joining the admiring bog. The right wing radio stations had a field day at Obamas wasting the tax payers money to go to India. Imagine if they went to nothing but a wedding and Air Force One had to be gassed up etc while the Libyan and Egyptian revolutions were still front page news.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Feb - 15:59

widowan wrote:It was on the news here that Obama's weren't invited and the journo's opinion was that it was because Michelle Obama, at a state visit, had inappropriately touched the queen on the back when meeting her and shaking her Royal hand.

How terrible and what a faux pas! To touch the royal shoulder as if she were like anyone else, a mere human being.

I'm certain had the Obamas been warned of this Michelle would not have done it, or she just forgot and God forbid acted like the natural and warm woman she is - however it's a bit sad to be Queen if no one ( apart from, I guess, your husband and children?) can ever touch you. Might explain some of the feeling that the royal family is a bit out of touch with the commoners.

I doubt that Obamas are horribly offended, they do have something else to do apart from joining the admiring bog. The right wing radio stations had a field day at Obamas wasting the tax payers money to go to India. Imagine if they went to nothing but a wedding and Air Force One had to be gassed up etc while the Libyan and Egyptian revolutions were still front page news.

I think there is a fairly reasonable explanation for most folks not to touch the Queen. She meets with such a large number of people, often in the same place at the same time, that she could be quite overwhelmed by people just trying to be friendly.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 16:05

The same could be said for the President.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Feb - 16:06

widowan wrote:The same could be said for the President.

Absolutely.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 26 Feb - 16:13

widowan wrote:It was on the news here that Obama's weren't invited and the journo's opinion was that it was because Michelle Obama, at a state visit, had inappropriately touched the queen on the back when meeting her and shaking her Royal hand.

Maybe it was as it is, just a journos opinion widowan. There must be other reasons why they have not been asked. I doubt it is for the reason the journo gave. JMO
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Feb - 16:16

fuzeta wrote:

Maybe it was as it is, just a journos opinion widowan. There must be other reasons why they have not been asked. I doubt it is for the reason the journo gave. JMO

I did read in one of the newspapers that it was only royal heads of state who had been invited.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 16:24

That's possible, Fuzeta -our journalists are not better than anyone else's and it was an opinion.

Princess Di appeared to wade right in and allow herself to be touched and to touch - not that you'd want people pawing over anyone - was whoever was President invited to her wedding to Charles?

Who was invited or not invited seems to be more newsworthy than it deserves. I don't know if former PResident Clinton was invited or anyone else - these are young people, it's not a state occasion in the sense that world leaders would be necessarily be invited. Was Germany's President invited? France's? Portugal's? William is a long way from being King. I kind of feel sorry for him and his fiance in that they can't just invite who they'd like and it's all taken far too seriously as some kind of disrespect if you're left off the list, or will be taken that way by the likes of Fox news - Obamas can't win, if they were invited and went that'd be bad news and to be not invited is also gleefully bad news, to some.

Again doubt that Obamas were offended. I wonder if they'll send a gift. Where is Kate registered? Not at Target or Walmart, maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond? or Williams Sonoma, for kitchen ware? (joke. I imagine Kate's days pottering in the kitchen for herself and Wills are over and the palace they'll live in probably has enough crystal and china to cover two more)
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Feb - 16:28

widowan wrote:That's possible, Fuzeta -our journalists are not better than anyone else's and it was an opinion.

Princess Di appeared to wade right in and allow herself to be touched and to touch - not that you'd want people pawing over anyone - was whoever was President invited to her wedding to Charles?

Who was invited or not invited seems to be more newsworthy than it deserves. I don't know if former PResident Clinton was invited or anyone else - these are young people, it's not a state occasion in the sense that world leaders would be necessarily be invited. Was Germany's President invited? France's? Portugal's? William is a long way from being King. I kind of feel sorry for him and his fiance in that they can't just invite who they'd like and it's all taken far too seriously as some kind of disrespect if you're left off the list, or will be taken that way by the likes of Fox news - Obamas can't win, if they were invited and went that'd be bad news and to be not invited is also gleefully bad news, to some.

Again doubt that Obamas were offended. I wonder if they'll send a gift. Where is Kate registered? Not at Target or Walmart, maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond? or Williams Sonoma, for kitchen ware? (joke. I imagine Kate's days pottering in the kitchen for herself and Wills are over and the palace they'll live in probably has enough crystal and china to cover two more)

Kate and William have been living together for about 2 years, according to Sky, in a suite in one of the palaces.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 16:30

AnnaEsse wrote:
widowan wrote:The same could be said for the President.

Absolutely.

Mind you they are considered "American royalty"- ha! From a country that rejected the concept of royalty, and fought a war to do so, why would any American President be invited.

I would imagine the actual reason would have to do with the increased security and from the bride's standpoint, I don't want more people there distracting attention from "my day" - she has some right, after all, to expect to be the star of this performance.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 16:32

AnnaEsse wrote:
widowan wrote:That's possible, Fuzeta -our journalists are not better than anyone else's and it was an opinion.

Kate and William have been living together for about 2 years, according to Sky, in a suite in one of the palaces.

Ooooooh! They didn't "just say no" to premarital sex! Good for them! I guess this leaves Nancy Reagan out of the guest list too though.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 16:34

I suppose there's zero chance of this being a shotgun wedding. That would be over the top, along with the first wedding to a "commoner."

Has it ever happened I wonder, a royal wedding and a royal baby appearing less than 9.5 months later? horror.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 26 Feb - 16:36

Just looked the President was Reagon at the time of Charles and Diane's wedding. He did not come because he was still poorly from an assasination attempt but Nancy came. I thought I remember her being there
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 26 Feb - 16:42

widowan wrote:I suppose there's zero chance of this being a shotgun wedding. That would be over the top, along with the first wedding to a "commoner."

Has it ever happened I wonder, a royal wedding and a royal baby appearing less than 9.5 months later? horror.

There have been lots of weddings to commoners in the Royal family. Diane although aristocratic was still a commoner, the Queen Mother the same. Edward and Mrs Simpson!! (he was still a Duke) Then there is Prince Edward of Wessex married a commoner. Duke of Kent married one. Prince Andrew. Loads of them. Princess Anne married two lol Then going back through history there were loads. Got to get a mix in the gene pool Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 613255
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 16:58

Interesting news! It was on tv that this was the first.

Maybe they meant the first commoner to marry a person who was in direct line for the throne? Rather than a deposed King marrying his mistress as with Edward - Not sure how far back they are going with that. Clearly Charles if Camilla is a commoner, would be the first, rather than William.

Why oh why do we hear this kind of nonsense as fact from our "news" stations.

We were told Diana was not a commoner, she was a Lady and in fact has more British royal blood in her than her husband's family does since they come from a German line of minor principalities whereas Diana traces back to a more British line. Kate is gorgeous and appears to be a nice girl and with a college education.

William seems to have all bases covered. It IS good to have new blood lines in.

Seriously I wish this couple all the best luck in the world. They may need it.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sat 26 Feb - 17:52

I do not know what is happening widowan but my posts seem to keep going missing. It is obviously me. My last one to you was :-

I am sure that is probably what they mean (the media) They do like to sex it up a bit though, don't they! Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 613255
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 19:15

yes, no news no good you can't make it better by adding misinformation and spin, as we've seen.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 26 Feb - 19:30

off topic - this isn't a big madeleine thread so I feel like that's okay as we're discussing or were the Monkees - we were at a wedding recently with dancing etc and the mother of the bride and myself were discussing in dismay the next day. the dancing that the younger generation was engaged in -(some of which had to be stopped before my father's head exploded) and by younger I don't mean the 17 year old girls though that was certainly eye brow raising - but kids as little as pre Kindergarten. Possibly we were more shocked than called for when I actually roll my mind back to the Monkees days. The kids do what they seen done on tv and are apt little monkeys aping what they see their elders doing. Just like we did.

Seemed so innocent in those days - I mean, The MONKEES were hardly the Sex Pistols or Lady gaga - but when I saw our kids out there busting a move in the way they were, AT A WEDDING - it reminded me of how much time has passed since we pretended to be rock stars.

I am sure the goings on at the royal wedding will be far more dignified. Guess who's going to the Royal Wedding........... - Page 2 29204 or at least hope so, the Queen would NOT be pleased !
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next