Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients

+5
A_T
jeanie
POPPY1
Panda
Annabel
9 posters

Go down

Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Empty Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients

Post  Annabel Fri 4 Mar - 5:55

http://www.prweek.com/uk/channel/ConsumerEntertainment/article/1058008/max-clifford-job-protecting-clients/

David Singleton, prweek.com, 02 March 2011, 2:24pm

Be the first to comment

PR guru Max Clifford claims his business has become less focused on promotion and more about protecting clients such as Simon Cowell from the media

At an event hosted by the Association of Business Schools last week, the PR guru told the audience: ‘My business is promotion and protection. When I started out it was mainly promotion. Increasingly, it’s protection.’

On pop mogul Cowell, he said: ‘In the past five years, 95 per cent is protecting him from the exc-esses of journalists. If you do an interview, most of the journalists will write something that’s nothing to do with the interview because they have their own agenda.’

Clifford also spoke about representing Robert Murat, the Algarve-based property consultant who was falsely suspected of involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007: ‘The British media destroyed him… He was almost suicidal, he didn’t have any money but I took him on.’

Clifford helped Murat to win an estimated £600,000 in libel settlements, mostly involving tabloid newspapers. ‘When it goes right it’s imm-ensely satisfying, as it was with Robert Murat,’ he said.

The well known publicist is currently handling PR for Shrien Dewani, the man acc-used of ordering the murder of his wife during their honeymoon in South Africa. Clifford said he had recently received death threats over his involvement in the case, but he strongly believed Dewani was innocent. ‘I’m 100 per cent convinced it’s untrue, without any foundation at all.’

Clifford also spoke out about Prime Minister David Cameron’s Big Society initiative, appearing to agree with criticism that it is merely a cover for the Government’s cuts. The PR guru said: ‘I think this whole Big Society is a PR exercise because a lot of people are going to be struggling.’

He was also quizzed over the make-up of his agency, Max Clifford Associates.

He said: ‘There have been a few lads over the years. They tend to be attractive ladies
for some reason. I don’t know why.’

Related links:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Empty Re: Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients

Post  Guest Fri 4 Mar - 7:28

i always wondered what he may have heard about this case. Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Empty Re: Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients

Post  Panda Fri 4 Mar - 7:56

Wasn"t there some talk that Max Clifford was furious because Murat went to someone else before the Award.? Yes Marky, I bet Clifford knows quite a lot
and he should also know if the Murat charge against Tanner ever gets to Court.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Fri 4 Mar - 8:52

Annabel wrote:http://www.prweek.com/uk/channel/ConsumerEntertainment/article/1058008/max-clifford-job-protecting-clients/

David Singleton, prweek.com, 02 March 2011, 2:24pm

Be the first to comment

PR guru Max Clifford claims his business has become less focused on promotion and more about protecting clients such as Simon Cowell from the media

At an event hosted by the Association of Business Schools last week, the PR guru told the audience: ‘My business is promotion and protection. When I started out it was mainly promotion. Increasingly, it’s protection.’

On pop mogul Cowell, he said: ‘In the past five years, 95 per cent is protecting him from the exc-esses of journalists. If you do an interview, most of the journalists will write something that’s nothing to do with the interview because they have their own agenda.’

Clifford also spoke about representing Robert Murat, the Algarve-based property consultant who was falsely suspected of involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2007: ‘The British media destroyed him… He was almost suicidal, he didn’t have any money but I took him on.’

Clifford helped Murat to win an estimated £600,000 in libel settlements, mostly involving tabloid newspapers. ‘When it goes right it’s imm-ensely satisfying, as it was with Robert Murat,’ he said.

The well known publicist is currently handling PR for Shrien Dewani, the man acc-used of ordering the murder of his wife during their honeymoon in South Africa. Clifford said he had recently received death threats over his involvement in the case, but he strongly believed Dewani was innocent. ‘I’m 100 per cent convinced it’s untrue, without any foundation at all.’

Clifford also spoke out about Prime Minister David Cameron’s Big Society initiative, appearing to agree with criticism that it is merely a cover for the Government’s cuts. The PR guru said: ‘I think this whole Big Society is a PR exercise because a lot of people are going to be struggling.’

He was also quizzed over the make-up of his agency, Max Clifford Associates.

He said: ‘There have been a few lads over the years. They tend to be attractive ladies
for some reason. I don’t know why.’

Related links:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Ah yes, Max Clifford, 'protector of the weak and innocent'.

Good old Simon Cowell, straight as a dye, well some think so. Allegedly.

The only plus point in his repertoire is the defence of Robert Murat.

As to his other 'clients', well the less said the better.

Ricky Gervais can do that much better than me. Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 294124 Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 294124 Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 294124
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Mar - 9:55

Panda wrote:
Wasn"t there some talk that Max Clifford was furious because Murat went to someone else before the Award.? Yes Marky, I bet Clifford knows quite a lot and he should also know if the Murat charge against Tanner ever gets to Court.

yes i believe he wasn't a happy bunny given that he'd expended a little time on behalf of murat but yes, my guess is that whatever the press have collated on the maccans et all, max knows it all.

Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Fri 4 Mar - 12:07

"Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting in a particular way."
— Aristotle
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Mar - 12:09

he is just another professional liar
but not in the same league as clarrie
btw that is not a compliment
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Fri 4 Mar - 12:29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie......opps wrong link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie.... the arts of professional liars....

Misleading/dissembling
A misleading statement is one where there is no outright lie, but still retains the purpose of getting someone to believe in an untruth. "Dissembling" likewise describes the presentation of facts in a way that is literally true, but intentionally misleading.

jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  A_T Fri 4 Mar - 15:37

It was said that Clifford would not touch the Gruesome Twosome
A_T
A_T
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 144
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Mar - 20:23

A_T wrote:It was said that Clifford would not touch the Gruesome Twosome

tells you something. Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lifeisforliving Fri 4 Mar - 22:10

So we know who actually said that?
lifeisforliving
lifeisforliving
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1096
Warning :
Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Fri 4 Mar - 22:17

lifeisforliving wrote:

I don't know who said that - if they did................. But would you trust him??................... Unless you had a grisly secret to keep??!!..................... Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Icon_flower
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  lifeisforliving Fri 4 Mar - 22:26

flower wrote:
lifeisforliving wrote:

I don't know who said that - if they did................. But would you trust him??................... Unless you had a grisly secret to keep??!!..................... Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Icon_flower

Of course I wouldn't trust Max Clifford or any other PR person (unless I was paying them and even then I would be wary) but it would be interesting to know if there is any evidence that he did say that. If there is then it would be very significant I think.
lifeisforliving
lifeisforliving
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1096
Warning :
Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Fri 4 Mar - 22:42

lifeisforliving wrote:
flower wrote:
lifeisforliving wrote:

Of course I wouldn't trust Max Clifford or any other PR person (unless I was paying them and even then I would be wary) but it would be interesting to know if there is any evidence that he did say that. If there is then it would be very significant I think.

Significant or not..... I cannot image any normal person needing a PR agent unless they have something to hide.. IMO

flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 Mar - 22:46

quite. why would the truth need to be "spun"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Fri 4 Mar - 22:52

The Famous Grouse wrote:quite. why would the truth need to be "spun"?

You are correct TFG ................... Why does any-one need a PR.............. Unless very famous........... But the McCanns were nobodies (and still are) - why did they need - and still do need a PR????........... Unless it was to 'spin' the truth................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients Empty Max Clifford Arrested over Sex Crimes

Post  Loopdaloop Thu 6 Dec - 18:58

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/06/max-clifford-arrested?fb=native

Max Clifford arrested on suspicion of sexual offences
One of UK's best known publicists arrested by officers investigating abuse claims against Jimmy Savile and others
Max Clifford, one of the best known publicists in Britain, has been arrested by officers investigating sexual abuse claims against Jimmy Savile and others.

The Metropolitan police said on Thursday morning that officers working on Operation Yewtree arrested "a man in his sixties" at his Surrey home at 7.04am "on suspicion of sexual offences".

Clifford, 69, is the arrestee. He has been taken to a central London police station for questioning.

He is the fifth person to be arrested since the investigation was launched following revelations that Savile had abused underage girls both at the BBC and several hospitals including Stoke Mandeville and Leeds General Infirmary.

Clifford's lawyer, Charlotte Harris, said: "Max Clifford is being interviewed by police. He will assist police as best he can with their inquiries. When we are in a position to provide further information we will."

Scotland Yard refused to comment on the identity of the arrestee, but in a statement said: "The individual falls under the strand of the investigation we have termed 'others'."

The singer Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr and DJ Dave Lee Travis are three of those previously arrested and bailed in the Met probe. The former BBC producer Wilfred De'Ath was also arrested and bailed.

They were classified as falling under the "others" strand of the investigation. A man in his 80s was interviewed under caution and released on 29 November.

There are three strands to Operation Yewtree: "Savile", "Savile and others" and "others".

"Savile and others" relates to alleged offences in which the former Jim'll Fix It host was suspected of being involved; "others" relates to allegations being investigated by Operation Yewtree, but do not involve Savile.

Clifford, who built his PR business Max Clifford Associates out of celebrity-kiss-and-tell deals with the tabloids, has represented some of the country's best known stars including Simon Cowell, cyclist Chris Hoy and Jade Goody.

When the Savile revelations first emerged, Clifford said dozens of big-name stars from the 1960s and 1970s had contacted him because they were "frightened to death" they were going to be implicated.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 6 Dec - 19:33

Wonder if Clarrie will be needed by Clifford......spin spin spin and more spin!

Birds of a feather flock together Max Clifford: My job is protecting my clients 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down