Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jes Wilkins

+10
mumbles
aqeleega
docmac
POPPY1
Badboy
jeanie
Babylistener
AnnaEsse
Panda
buildersbum
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Jes Wilkins

Post  Porky Thu 17 Mar - 17:40

I feel compelled to refer back to the particular period of time when Gerry and Tanner left the Tapas restaurant about the same time, Gerry's time in the apartment and his encounter with Jeremy Wilkins outside.

I have from the beginning had doubts about the credibility of Jeremy 'Jes' Wilkins and his wife Bridget O'Donnell although I can't quite put my finger on the reason why, certainly the Portuguese police were very interested in him as a witness. Again there is not much information relative to their lives but by their own admission they were both involved in television production, to be more specific documentaries. In addition I believe Bridget did a lot of work with Crimewatch. Does anyone know if there is any professional or personal connection between this couple and the producer of the Mccanns mock-u-mentary, one Emma Loach?

Maybe my suspicions were compounded by Bridget O'Donnell's very lengthy , somewhat flowery article published in the Guardien on 14th December 2007, titled 'My Months With Madeleine'. Possibly this was just a career enhancement, possibly her five minutes of fame in 'front' of the camera, possibly ?, one thing is for sure she appears to be supporting the Mccanns innocence inspite of the harassment experienced by her husband from all angles. Even more curious was her remarkable memory recall after 7 months had elapsed.
Throughout all Jes seemed to be consistant with details of the night concerned so perhaps he was just a victim of circumstances, rather than an accomplice or paid witness.

Statement of Jeremy Wilkins - Major Crime Intelligence Unit, Leicestershire Constabulary. 7th May 2007 (This statement being a transcript of the original English version).

I last saw Gerry and Kate on Saturday 5th May 2007 at about 4-5pm . They were sitting besides the pool. I walked over to Gerry and wanted to let him know I was thinking about him. I shook his hand. He was quiet but he wans'nt crying. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. I said hello to Kate. I didn't know what to say in that situation . She looked really upset. That was the last time I saw Gerry and Kate. Myself and my family left the complex and flew back to Gatwick that evening.

Less than 48 hours after their little daughter has mysteriously disappeared they are sitting at the side of the pool?


Jeremy Wilkins and Bridget O'Donnell - Leicestershire Constabulary Officers Report 31st October 2007. Statements taken at their home address.


Both Jeremy and Bridget work within the television producton industry producing documentary programmes. Bridget previously worked alongside the police on the Crimewatch television programme and was aware of the importance for the need for collating background information.

They chose PDL because of the child care facilities and it was the cheapest week of the season.

Came into conversation with Russel O'Brien and Matt Oldfield on the aircraft due to the fact that their children were much the sme age and were playing together.
During their holiday they visited the Tapas several times and noticed that the group had reserved a table every night of their holiday which was contrary to the restaurants policy of only booking 3 days in advance. The group appeared boisterous but good natured with Gerry being the central figure. His gregarious character making him appear to be the central figure in the group and almost holding court. However they did notice that David Payne was equally gregarious and almost playing along with, if not up to, Gerry.
Conversation between Jez and Gerry lasted about three minutes and then Jez walked back to his apartment.

Several weeks later, Jeremy received calls from Gerry in relation to gaining permission from him to use his name in a portfolio of evidence being compiled by an organisation employed by the Mccanns. They were very persistant and made several attempts to contact him both at work and at home. They had no objection to being included but were concerned as to the method being used.


Leicester Constabulary 8th April 2008. Rogatory witness statement from Jes Wilkins.

As with the rogatories of the Tapas group Jes was given the opportunity to refresh his memory by being shown his previous statement. There is little disparancy between each individual statement so details need not be reproduced. It is however interesting to note the pressure that was being put on the Wilkins by the Mccanns, the press and the media.
If Jes Wilkins is innocent of any involvement with the disappearance of Madeleine then he must have been genuinly walking with his child between approx. 8.30 and 9.30 pm on the night of 3rd May 2007. In which case whatever Gerry was doing with the aid of Jane Tanner, in or outside apartment 5A, then Jes must have disturbed them and created a rather difficult situation. It was said that the area was generally very quiet, especially at that time of night, so they must have thought whatever they had to do would be possible without interuption, not anticipating for one moment that an acquaintance would make an untimely appearance. Could it be that Gerald had to very quickly distract Jes whilst Tanner was otherwise engaged ~ and I don't mean in the bog!


Whatever happened we can rest assured that there was not an abduction, at least not in the accepted sense of the word. Nor was there sufficient time between the Mccanns leaving their apartment en-route for the Tapas and Kates return at approx. 10.00pm, for anything serious to have happened to Madeleine enabling them to cover their tracks as a group. The comings and goings from the Tapas table are very revealing to my way of thinking! How could anyone possibly enjoy a relaxing evening meal with flacons of ambrosia when they are up and down like a fiddlers elbow checking on their kids? The whole idea is absurd and I don't think it happened, at least not for the reason specified by the group. Note the comment made by Jes Wilkins, a very quick evaluation of Gerrys character for so brief an acquaintance!

In due course I will look further into the circumstances surrounding that small gap when Jes met Gerry but if anyone else can provide anything enlightening that I may have missed or forgotten it would be appreciated.
Porky
Porky
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 405
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  LJC Thu 17 Mar - 18:44

The group appeared boisterous but good natured with Gerry being the central figure. His gregarious character making him appear to be the central figure in the group and almost holding court. However they did notice that David Payne was equally gregarious and almost playing along with, if not up to, Gerry.

Hmm, very interesting. These two men certainly like to bounce off one another. Is this what Mrs Gasper saw? This gregarious, loud, must be the centre of attention behaviour going on between the two men Payne and McCann? Sharing private jokes maybe? Nobody else ever understands the private jokes between friends, least of all Mrs Gasper, but she thinks she does and that is what made her go the police in the first place, imo.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Porky Thu 17 Mar - 19:49

LJC wrote:The group appeared boisterous but good natured with Gerry being the central figure. His gregarious character making him appear to be the central figure in the group and almost holding court. However they did notice that David Payne was equally gregarious and almost playing along with, if not up to, Gerry.

Hmm, very interesting. These two men certainly like to bounce off one another. Is this what Mrs Gasper saw? This gregarious, loud, must be the centre of attention behaviour going on between the two men Payne and McCann? Sharing private jokes maybe? Nobody else ever understands the private jokes between friends, least of all Mrs Gasper, but she thinks she does and that is what made her go the police in the first place, imo.

That's just what I thought! There does appear to be some sort of strong connection between Gerry Mccann and David Payne ~ as thought they were on the same wave length. I have long been curious as to why this bunch of individuals opted for a joint 'short' off-peak holiday but we are led to believe that is was Payne who made all the arrangements and it seems that the Mccanns went to a lot of effort to join him and the rest of the group.

Porky
Porky
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 405
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  LJC Thu 17 Mar - 20:16

Yes, I would think that Payne and Gerry McCann go back a very long way, they are so at home with each other and share the same sense of humour.

Turning back to Wilkins, I have always found it strange that on a lonely, dimly lit, otherwise deserted street the only person that Gerry happens upon is another dad to whom he can confide a wee bit about his anxiety about leaving his children, whilst in the obvious process of leaving his children! That is really strange to my way of thinking.

I am not sure if Wilkins is an alibi in McCann's favour or against, as what is not in doubt is that Wilkins puts Gerry at the scene, meaning that Gerry is the last person, supposedly, to see Madeleine and I feel sure that is not a tag that Gerry really and truthfully is comfortable about wearing.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Porky Thu 17 Mar - 20:26

LJC wrote:Yes, I would think that Payne and Gerry McCann go back a very long way, they are so at home with each other and share the same sense of humour.

Turning back to Wilkins, I have always found it strange that on a lonely, dimly lit, otherwise deserted street the only person that Gerry happens upon is another dad to whom he can confide a wee bit about his anxiety about leaving his children, whilst in the obvious process of leaving his children! That is really strange to my way of thinking.

I am not sure if Wilkins is an alibi in McCann's favour or against, as what is not in doubt is that Wilkins puts Gerry at the scene, meaning that Gerry is the last person, supposedly, to see Madeleine and I feel sure that is not a tag that Gerry really and truthfully is comfortable about wearing.

Yes, I thought it rather strange that Wilkins would be walking about in obscure light, pushing his little child for about 1 hour in the chilly night air. Also that they found so much to converse about in such a short space of time, 3-5 minutes was said I believe! Indeed he puts Gerry on the spot and he emphatically denies having seen anyone else in the vicinity, which leads me back to the question ~ where was Jane Tanner whilst this little cosy chat was going on?
Porky
Porky
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 405
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  cherryblossom Thu 17 Mar - 22:11

I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO
cherryblossom
cherryblossom
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 155
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  LJC Thu 17 Mar - 23:33

Porky wrote:
LJC wrote:Yes, I would think that Payne and Gerry McCann go back a very long way, they are so at home with each other and share the same sense of humour.

Turning back to Wilkins, I have always found it strange that on a lonely, dimly lit, otherwise deserted street the only person that Gerry happens upon is another dad to whom he can confide a wee bit about his anxiety about leaving his children, whilst in the obvious process of leaving his children! That is really strange to my way of thinking.

I am not sure if Wilkins is an alibi in McCann's favour or against, as what is not in doubt is that Wilkins puts Gerry at the scene, meaning that Gerry is the last person, supposedly, to see Madeleine and I feel sure that is not a tag that Gerry really and truthfully is comfortable about wearing.

Yes, I thought it rather strange that Wilkins would be walking about in obscure light, pushing his little child for about 1 hour in the chilly night air. Also that they found so much to converse about in such a short space of time, 3-5 minutes was said I believe! Indeed he puts Gerry on the spot and he emphatically denies having seen anyone else in the vicinity, which leads me back to the question ~ where was Jane Tanner whilst this little cosy chat was going on?

She was relieving O'Brien (that one had them rolling about in the aisles over their tapas). I think that is all she was doing personally, cleaning up sicky sheets.

If you believe her, she was falling out of flip-flops trying to walk as fast as she could in them, and she saw Gerry and Jes, so her eye was caught by them, and then her eye was caught by a man walking purposefully carrying something in a blanket, no carrying someone in pinkish pyjamas, no it was definitely a child, and she's thinking about her poorly sick child, and she's thinking about rather being in the tapas enjoying herself, and she's had a couple of glasses of wine, so she's thinking about an awful lot and she's struggling to get her story straight, and she cannot get her story straight, but the truth imo was she actually saw nothing but her own imagination.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  docmac Fri 18 Mar - 5:55

LJC wrote:...the truth imo was she actually saw nothing but her own imagination.
IMO she 'saw' what she was instructed to have 'seen' in case Jes had seen what she really might have seen if she'd left the table a little earlier.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Location : The Republic of Cape Town
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  buildersbum Fri 18 Mar - 9:03

cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW
avatar
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Panda Fri 18 Mar - 9:08

I wasn"t aware that Gerry had spoken to Jez about his children, except when he said in front of Bridget as well that he was lucky to not have a problem
or words to that effect.


Sousa, the American/Portugese Detective sent by CBS to investigate was able to talk to Ocean Club Staff because he speaks Portugese. CBS produced
5 videos of his observationsthey were in the McCann Files. Anyway, he said he was told that the McCanns did not check on the children as often as
they claimed, which meant more time for an abduction.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 64
Location : Wales
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Guest Fri 18 Mar - 9:40

buildersbum wrote:
cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW

i would be inclined to go with this view. didn't someone bang on the wilkins' door at 2am'ish to tell them maddie was missing but when he asked if they needed any help they declined his offer. why wake him in the first place then?

Jes Wilkins 25346
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  LJC Fri 18 Mar - 10:15

Porky wrote:

Again there is not much information relative to their lives but by their own admission they were both involved in television production, to be more specific documentaries. In addition I believe Bridget did a lot of work with Crimewatch. Does anyone know if there is any professional or personal connection between this couple and the producer of the Mccanns mock-u-mentary, one Emma Loach?

I can't answer that one Porky, but what I do find a bit of a coincidence is that the Madeleine disappearance was featured on Crimewatch. I am not an avid viewer of this programme, so correct me if I am wrong, but all the times I have watched it they seem to feature crimes committed on British soil, appealing to British people to come forward as witnesses.

Also, it is usually proven crimes that they feature, crimes with a dead victim, or beaten up victim, or evidental damaged property, etc.

Therefore, it would be interesting to know (as I did not view the Crimewatch episode when the McCann case was shown) how this claim of abduction was featured? There is no evidence to support an abductor climbing out of the window with Madeleine, but this was the McCann's preferred version of events at around the time the programme went out.

To feature a supposed crime, with no supporting evidence, would that not be a first for this programme?

I can understand the BBC wanting to do their bit at the time, as there did seem to be more public opinion in favour of the couple at around that time, but surely they featured, on this occasion, a flawed scenario?

I understand there is a certain amount of guesswork that takes place in calculating how a crime occurred but usually this programme never departs that far from actual evidence.

Therefore, I cannot help but wonder about Bridget O'Donnell and what part she played in getting this aired on behalf of the McCanns, and I do think it more than a very large coincidence that of all the people in all the world that Gerry should happen upon, after or just before the most mysterious disappearance of a child in all the world, he stumbles upon the husband of a woman who just happens to work for Crimewatch.

You just couldn't script this lot, could you?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Panda Fri 18 Mar - 10:16

Marky wrote:
buildersbum wrote:
cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW

i would be inclined to go with this view. didn't someone bang on the wilkins' door at 2am'ish to tell them maddie was missing but when he asked if they needed any help they declined his offer. why wake him in the first place then?

Jes Wilkins 25346

Yes, it was Oldfield , I think. I do remember Bridget being very enamoured of Gerry though., no taste obviously. Jes Wilkins 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 64
Location : Wales
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  LJC Fri 18 Mar - 10:23

Panda wrote:
Marky wrote:
buildersbum wrote:
cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW

i would be inclined to go with this view. didn't someone bang on the wilkins' door at 2am'ish to tell them maddie was missing but when he asked if they needed any help they declined his offer. why wake him in the first place then?

Jes Wilkins 25346

Yes, it was Oldfield , I think. I do remember Bridget being very enamoured of Gerry though., no taste obviously. Jes Wilkins 294124

Well, Bridget did have to get her Crimewatch facts for the forthcoming programme as accurate as she could - better speak to Gerry then if you want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Panda Fri 18 Mar - 10:35


Hi LJC,

Sorry, have I read your comment right? page the oracle for the truth!!!!!!! Jes Wilkins 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 64
Location : Wales
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 18 Mar - 10:46

Marky wrote:
buildersbum wrote:
cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW

i would be inclined to go with this view. didn't someone bang on the wilkins' door at 2am'ish to tell them maddie was missing but when he asked if they needed any help they declined his offer. why wake him in the first place then?

Jes Wilkins 25346

To find out if he had seen something that would be uncomfortable for Gerry and his mates?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18689
Age : 109
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Guest Fri 18 Mar - 10:49

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
buildersbum wrote:
cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW

i would be inclined to go with this view. didn't someone bang on the wilkins' door at 2am'ish to tell them maddie was missing but when he asked if they needed any help they declined his offer. why wake him in the first place then?

Jes Wilkins 25346

To find out if he had seen something that would be uncomfortable for Gerry and his mates?

quite possible. Jes Wilkins 25346
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Babylistener Fri 18 Mar - 11:33

Marky wrote:
buildersbum wrote:
cherryblossom wrote:I think Jez Wilkins is just another victim in this pantomime, don't have any reason at all to suspect him of anything
JMO - more like dragged in by the nefarious couple for their own ends, and that is a fact IMO


Yes I agree cherry, I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Wilkins house when he and his partner are discussing this case, and what Jez really thinks about it all NOW

i would be inclined to go with this view. didn't someone bang on the wilkins' door at 2am'ish to tell them maddie was missing but when he asked if they needed any help they declined his offer. why wake him in the first place then?

Jes Wilkins 25346

That is the bit I really cannot fathom about Bridgett O'Donnell's brown-nosey article, Oldfield banging on their door at 1 in the morning telling them that Madeleine had been abducted. When Jes asked if he could help them search he was told there was nothing he could do. What was the point in waking him up to tell him then, he could have found out about it along with the other Ocean Club guests the next morning. Now Jes was the only person who knew that the McCann children were on their own apart from the Tapas group. Surely if they didn't need his help searching they would want to give him a good grilling about whether he mentioned it to anyone, in the creche, at tennis or round the pool to get some idea about who else knew. And surely whether they said they needed help searching or not, his parental instinct would take over and he would have insisted he went out to help with the search of his tennis buddy's daughter. There were dozens of people out searching for Madeleine that night, all night until day break and for days after, but Gerry and Kate didn't bother and neither apparently did new tennis buddy Jes. Her whole article just made me cringe. Like every single article in the British press there was absolutely nothing berating the McCanns about how dangerous it was to leave children on their own, instead she admired them for not being paranoid parents. Grrrrrrr
Babylistener
Babylistener
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 118
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  jeanie Fri 18 Mar - 11:55

i wonder if they actually did know each other from liverpool..i came across this while reading the morning papers..link not working..will post ina bit...posted because i thought it was JW who cast doubt on JT statement ...
Ex-Habonim leader is key McCann witness..this is a scout type movement based in liverpool..
20/09/2007
By Candice Krieger
A FORMER national secretary of the Zionist youth movement Habonim may be the only independent

witness in the case of missing Madeleine McCann.

Manchester-born Jeremy Wilkins, known as Jes, was staying at the same resort as the McCann family in Praia de Luz, Portugal, when Madeleine, then aged three, went missing on May 3 this year.

The TV executive, who was head of Habonim in 1994 but was involved in the movement for many years before, saw Madeleine’s father Gerry McCann just minutes after he checked on the girl and her twin brother and sister for what turned out to be the last time.

The two men spoke outside the holiday apartments for around 15 minutes.

They had already struck up a friendship and had even played tennis together the day before Madeleine’s disappearance.

Mr Wilkins allegedly told Portuguese police that when he saw Mr McCann he was totally calm, which would not be characteristic of someone covering up his daughter’s death.

He is reported to feel passionately that the McCanns were not involved in Madeleine’s disappearance.


Mr Wilkins, who last week attended a Habonim reunion, may also have cast doubt on the testimony of the McCanns’ friend Jane Tanner, who told police she saw a man carrying a child close to the holiday apartments the night Madeleine went missing.

Mrs Tanner claimed this happened at around 9.15pm — when Mr Wilkins and Mr McCann would still have been talking. She also said she walked past the two men.

But Mr Wilkins is thought to have told police that he could not remember seeing anyone walking past him and that he did not see a man carrying a child.

He could be re-questioned by Portuguese police and, if the case goes to trial, he could be called as a witness.
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Porky Fri 18 Mar - 16:14

LJC wrote:Yes, I would think that Payne and Gerry McCann go back a very long way, they are so at home with each other and share the same sense of humour.

Turning back to Wilkins, I have always found it strange that on a lonely, dimly lit, otherwise deserted street the only person that Gerry happens upon is another dad to whom he can confide a wee bit about his anxiety about leaving his children, whilst in the obvious process of leaving his children! That is really strange to my way of thinking.

I am not sure if Wilkins is an alibi in McCann's favour or against, as what is not in doubt is that Wilkins puts Gerry at the scene, meaning that Gerry is the last person, supposedly, to see Madeleine and I feel sure that is not a tag that Gerry really and truthfully is comfortable about wearing.

According to Wilkins statement Gerry actually said that if they had been staying at PDL for 2 weeks they would have stayed in the apartment with the kids for one night! How very unselfish!
Porky
Porky
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 405
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Porky Fri 18 Mar - 16:38

LJC wrote:Porky wrote:

Again there is not much information relative to their lives but by their own admission they were both involved in television production, to be more specific documentaries. In addition I believe Bridget did a lot of work with Crimewatch. Does anyone know if there is any professional or personal connection between this couple and the producer of the Mccanns mock-u-mentary, one Emma Loach?

I can't answer that one Porky, but what I do find a bit of a coincidence is that the Madeleine disappearance was featured on Crimewatch. I am not an avid viewer of this programme, so correct me if I am wrong, but all the times I have watched it they seem to feature crimes committed on British soil, appealing to British people to come forward as witnesses.

Also, it is usually proven crimes that they feature, crimes with a dead victim, or beaten up victim, or evidental damaged property, etc.

Therefore, it would be interesting to know (as I did not view the Crimewatch episode when the McCann case was shown) how this claim of abduction was featured? There is no evidence to support an abductor climbing out of the window with Madeleine, but this was the McCann's preferred version of events at around the time the programme went out.

To feature a supposed crime, with no supporting evidence, would that not be a first for this programme?

I can understand the BBC wanting to do their bit at the time, as there did seem to be more public opinion in favour of the couple at around that time, but surely they featured, on this occasion, a flawed scenario?

I understand there is a certain amount of guesswork that takes place in calculating how a crime occurred but usually this programme never departs that far from actual evidence.

Therefore, I cannot help but wonder about Bridget O'Donnell and what part she played in getting this aired on behalf of the McCanns, and I do think it more than a very large coincidence that of all the people in all the world that Gerry should happen upon, after or just before the most mysterious disappearance of a child in all the world, he stumbles upon the husband of a woman who just happens to work for Crimewatch.

You just couldn't script this lot, could you?

New Madeleine TV appeal BBC News video

BBC Crimewatch
Recorded in Praia da Luz: 04 June 2007, Televised: 05 June 2007


Fiona Bruce: (to camera) "It's 33 days since little Madeleine McCann disappeared from Praia da Luz in Portugal. Tonight, in a special appeal, her parents Gerry and Kate plead for your help in the hunt for their daughter."

Gerry McCann: "For the Crimewatch viewers at home I think this would be a good time now to review all the information."

Kate McCann: "These are virtually identical to the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken. As you can see it's a pink top, errm... with gathered short sleeves and it has a picture of Eeyore on the front. Errr, the bottoms are white with a... a floral design and have an Eeyore, errm... on the bottom of the right leg."

Gerry McCann: "Around, errr... the time that Madeleine, errr... was found to be missing, shortly before that, there was a suspect, errr... seen walking away from the apartment, errr... with, errm... probably carrying a child.

"He is approximately 35 years of age, round about 5ft 8, 5ft 9. He had dark hair parted, errr... to one side, he was wearing, errr... dark jacket, errr... slightly longer than a suit jacket, light coloured trousers, which may have been beige or mustard coloured, and dark shoes. Errr... You know it could have been someone innocent, we would certainly be keen that that person comes forward to be eliminated but, you know, we are certainly suspicious of the timing.

"We certainly know that it... it could only take one... one phone call. Errm, someone has a key bit of information and it may be someone close to whoever has Madeleine. It might be the person themselves. They can phone, tell the police where Madeleine is."

Kate McCann: "The majority of people, you know, are really good people and, I think that's been demonstrated by all... all the fantastic support we've had, it's been amazing. Errm, there are a few bad people in the world but also there are a few sad people and I guess I'm hoping that it's someone sad who's just wanted our daughter."

Gerry McCann: "It... it's not too late to hand her over."

Fiona Bruce: (to camera) "It certainly isn't. We so much want to find her, don't we? British police also want anyone who was on holiday at the Ocean Club Resort, Praia da Luz, or the surrounding areas, between the 19th April and the 3rd of May to have a look at their holiday photos and if any members of the public are in the background the police are keen to see them. They have sophisticated equipment which can spot if the same person appears in different photos.

"You can upload your photos to www.madeleine.ceopupload.com and if you have any information that will help the McCanns' appeal please call this dedicated British police number on 0800 0961233 or 0207 1580197, if you're calling from abroad. And police would like to stress this appeal is aimed at anyone who hasn't already contacted them. And if you've seen Madeleine you should inform local police immediately, please don't wait until you get home.
Porky
Porky
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 405
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Porky Fri 18 Mar - 16:54

LJC,
It's a very long time since I watched Crimewatch but in principal I think you are correct, normally the programme only applies to crimes committed on home soil. What would be the point of covering crime from abroad when the programme is only broadcast in the UK?

So as you say it is yet another glaring coincidence that the Bridget O'Donnell just happens to be involved in the production of Crimewatch and documentaries. I believe it to be a strong possibility that Emma Loach is known to the Wilkins being that they all three work within television production. I am also perplexed by the strong conviction expressed by Jes and Bridget as to the Mccanns innocence. They have young children who they declined to leave alone whilst in PDL so why would they protect this group when they were obviously neglecting the welfare of their own vulnerable children?

Again I draw attention to Bridget O'Donnell's article in the Guardien..............

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
Porky
Porky
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 405
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Guest Fri 18 Mar - 20:49

Porky wrote:Again I draw attention to Bridget O'Donnell's article in the Guardien..............

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

journalistic sugar. nothing more. Jes Wilkins 25346
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  cherryblossom Fri 18 Mar - 20:53

Being cynical now, but I wonder if the visit to Wilkins at 1am was to see if he had seen anything without asking him outright
cherryblossom
cherryblossom
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 155
Warning :
Jes Wilkins Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Jes Wilkins Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Guest Fri 18 Mar - 20:57

cherryblossom wrote:Being cynical now, but I wonder if the visit to Wilkins at 1am was to see if he had seen anything without asking him outright

anna hinted at it and i don't think she's wrong. Jes Wilkins 25346
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Jes Wilkins Empty Re: Jes Wilkins

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum