Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judiciary irritated at British government

+9
LadyJay
marxman
halfamo
pennylane
tanszi
almostgothic
Autumn
MaryB
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sat 28 May - 16:35

The End Is Nigh wrote:Whatever one's Politics, I cannot agree that Cameron would knowingly get embroiled in dodgy relationships.

He seems to be a man of enormous integrity, unlike some of the other charlatans we've had in Parliament in my lifetime.

OTOH, everyone can be made a mug of/be taken in ............... look at the "Pros" in this case. I wouldn't dream of calling them "nutters" (although there will inevitably be a small number of exceptions, as there are across the board) and imagine most of them are as sincere as most of us here in our bedrooms are..

I don't believe i implied Cameron would get mixed up with anything dodgey i only pointed out the connections between him and his goverment and Murdoch who is IMO dodgey.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Empty Re: Judiciary irritated at British government

Post  marxman Sat 28 May - 17:21

12345 wrote:Thanks Cass! Hi almostgothic - yes exactly - 3.5 million would be a cheap price for that kind of political capital!

Yes indeed, 3.5 million quid seems a lot of cash, but as you rightly say, the political gain would make this sum a paltry pittence.
I have my own thoughts on DC's direction to review this particular case. DC knows the outcome, and knows the outcome is well worth this political risk and investment.

Think about it, how could a British PM establish an investigation which happened in another sovereign country without the consent and aggreement of that jurisdiction in advance? Answer, he dosn't need the Portuguese, because maybe this is a review of two halves. NSY may investigate all aspects of the case prior to 3rd May 07 and after their return to the UK. And as we all are aware there is a mountain of stuff to investigate and it will all be in English, the fund, bank details, contacts, ward of court, medical records, criminal records,etc etc it is endless. This was all intel that was held back from the PJ.

Furthermore, as I said before, 3.5 million sounds a lot, but realistically it is not. Not to undertake a full and comprehensive review of the whole case. This would take years! Therefore, It reinforces my thinking that their remit is to review the British halve of the case and then link it, or hand it over to the proper authority/jurisdiction to make all neccessary legal diliberations. This should take months.

I may be totally of the mark on this, but I'm reading between the lines and I think this is both logical and economically practical. This case as you have witnessed has been conducted totally so far by Portugal, (with minor help from UK,) and it reached a dead end. It is now time for the other half of this relationship to pull out all the stops and investigate where they should, and then provide the Portuguese with their results. This I believe would take the case to a final and just conclusion.
This is my opinion. (no offence Kate)

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Empty So is this social and political status what we are all to live upto then?

Post  LadyJay Sat 28 May - 17:31

Our sources recall that, despite “us having good criminal investigation labs”, a political decision was made to have the tests carried out in English labs, launching the suspicion over whether or not they were manipulated. “We let the English do everything that they want”, they say, recalling that this case “suffered various political influences, due to the missing child’s parents’ social and political status”.

LadyJay
LadyJay
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 54
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 Empty Re: Judiciary irritated at British government

Post  LadyJay Sat 28 May - 17:33

I certainly do not look upto this pair!!! As having Social Status!!! what the F***!!!!!! Im ashamed to be from UK some times!
LadyJay
LadyJay
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 54
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 28 May - 17:45

Well when Gordon Brown calls to check on the case personally that seems to indicate these people have some sort of status although I wonder. He is just trying to be seen to be on the right side of the story at that moment, seen as an awkward and cold man he has a chance to prove humanity in a way that has very little (as he sees it at the time) downside for him politically.

Later on it's a different story!

The ice is thin on the "exposing Brown provides Tories political capital" argument. I think as with the US where we have Dems and Republicans, they are tweedle dee and tweedle dum, beneath the surface- both stand far more to gain by this two party system keeping everything the way they like, just taking turns at the trough - than they do in changing it. So while the surface differences will be exploited deep down they know they depend on each other like conjoined twins that share a liver. To undercut the government - any administration - TOO much is to hurt all parties. So while they'd love to embarrass Gordo for helping people who turn out guilty, if indeed he would have known that - that would be political dynamite maybe more than would be healthy for either party.

I don't think either Brown or DC would help cover a child's murder. What they would do is try to exploit a "kidnapping" for their own political gain and then potentially end up embarrassed if they don't know how to spin that.

Brown has the excuse - that was long ago, everyone thought it was a kidnapping - if he did intervene to have Amaral removed with these people guilty, that is going to be big. I bet someone has asked DC "how are we going to play this if there is more than meets the eye and these two are guilty?" and figured that out. A kind and good man he sympathized but when the detectives (that he paid to investigate) revealed the dirty truth, he was steely eyed in resolve to have justice done and done swiftly and impartially.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  victor mendez Sat 28 May - 18:34

Your description of the two parties sharing a liver is 100% accurate. As is 'taking turns at the trough'. Love your way with words, Widowan.
victor mendez
victor mendez
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 252
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 28 May - 18:42

hi all , i know its a bit off topic , does anyone know how many years a minor has to be missing before presumed dead ? i know in adults its 7 yearsi think ?
reason i ask because of this review and the fund , its ment to be to look for madeline

so if we are to believe abduction
1 swathy pedo took her ewww she would not be still alive and a good profiler -police would tell the mcanns that

2 she was took to order loving couple have her , half of her life , they wouldnt be able to let her be seen out in public

whatever happens in this review i cannot see the mcanns staying around and courting the press again , i think the outcome will be we are not looking for anyone else regarding this case and that will shut everyone up
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 28 May - 21:01

cass wrote:hi all , i know its a bit off topic , does anyone know how many years a minor has to be missing before presumed dead ? i know in adults its 7 yearsi think ?
reason i ask because of this review and the fund , its ment to be to look for madeline

so if we are to believe abduction
1 swathy pedo took her ewww she would not be still alive and a good profiler -police would tell the mcanns that

2 she was took to order loving couple have her , half of her life , they wouldnt be able to let her be seen out in public

whatever happens in this review i cannot see the mcanns staying around and courting the press again , i think the outcome will be we are not looking for anyone else regarding this case and that will shut everyone up

cass

I have looked around and can't find anything about children - but I expect you would have done this anyway. It is seven years if no body has been found and they usually take into account for an adult, whether their Bank Accounts have been activated. It may be different for children as its normally required to settle estates.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge of the law can help.

However, I don't expect this to deter the McCanns either way, do you ?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 28 May - 21:16

victor mendez wrote:Your description of the two parties sharing a liver is 100% accurate. As is 'taking turns at the trough'. Love your way with words, Widowan.
Thanks victor

I am not sure what the liver is in the analogy exactly, I think it is the sense of legitimacy of the institution of Parliament or the two party system. But it sounded good! Judiciary irritated at British government - Page 2 25346

If there are British pedos in the Algarve, expats who were on both sides of the aisle, who are in those files having their civil rights protected, then having this big stinking bag of worms poured out helps neither side, it seems to me McC's have always felt that was the holy grail to get their hands on it- if they had all that they could hold anyone hostage. I think this will be interesting however it plays out...
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2