Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated)

+27
Wolfgang
Angelique
beausnanna
StinkyBinky
Hammy
docmac
whatsupdoc
wjk
Chris
bootsy
SteveT
cass
kitti
Wintabells
Wallflower
amber
Indigo
AnnaEsse
Loveday
MaryB
Bobsy
mumbles
almostgothic
Justiceforallkids
Carolina
tanszi
quickfingers
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Empty Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated)

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jul - 17:56

KeirSimmonsITV Keir Simmons
Just heard some very sad news, if it's true. Terrible.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Just refreshed the page and it has been removed!!!!!!

Last edited by Iris on Mon 18 Jul - 18:15; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Empty Re: Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated)

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 18 Jul - 17:59

I wonder what that was about and if it has been removed that makes me more curious.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Empty Re: Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated)

Post  wjk Mon 18 Jul - 18:00

Very strange!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jul - 18:01

I am sorry I didn't retweet it while I got the chance. It was only visible for literally three minutes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 18 Jul - 18:06

Iris wrote:I am sorry I didn't retweet it while I got the chance. It was only visible for literally three minutes.

Well done for grabbing it while it was there. Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Icon_flower
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Mon 18 Jul - 18:08

Crikey... what next?
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Mon 18 Jul - 18:10

I saw it too. Was there one min and gone the next!
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Mon 18 Jul - 18:10

Sean Hoare former NoW reporter has been found dead.?

Yes- News of the World phone hacking whistleblower Sean Hoare found dead.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Empty Sad News

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jul - 18:12

Now we know - the reporter who was first to expose the hacking has just been found dead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/18/news-of-the-world-sean-hoare
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 18 Jul - 18:14

mumbles wrote:Sean Hoare former NoW reporter has been found dead.?

Yes- News of the World phone hacking whistleblower Sean Hoare found dead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/18/news-of-the-world-sean-hoare

News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead

Death of Sean Hoare – who was first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson knew of hacking – not being treated as suspicious

Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.

Hertfordshire police would not confirm his identity, but the force said in a statement: "At 10.40am today [Monday 18 July] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

Hoare first made his claims in a New York Times investigation into the phone-hacking allegations at the News of the World.

He told that newspaper that not only did Coulson know of the phone-hacking, but that he actively encouraged his staff to intercept the phone calls of celebrities in the pursuit of exclusives.

In a subsequent interview with the BBC he alleged that he was personally asked by his then-editor, Coulson, to tap into phones. In an interview with the PM programme he said Coulson's insistence that he didn't know about the practice was "a lie, it is simply a lie".

At the time a Downing Street spokeswoman said Coulson totally and utterly denied the allegations and said he had "never condoned the use of phone-hacking and nor do I have any recollection of incidences where phone-hacking took place".

Sean Hoare, a one-time close friend of Coulson's, told the New York Times the two men first worked together at the Sun, where, Hoare said, he played tape recordings of hacked messages for Coulson. At the News of the World, Hoare said he continued to inform Coulson of his activities. Coulson "actively encouraged me to do it," Hoare said.

In September last year he was interviewed under caution by police over his claims that the former Tory communications chief asked him to hack into phones when he was editor of the paper, but declined to make any comment.

Hoare emerged back into the spotlight last week, after he told the New York Times that reporters at the News of the World were able to use police technology to locate people using their mobile phone signals in exchange for payments to police officers.

He said journalists were able to use a technique called 'pinging' which measured the distance between mobile handsets and a number of phone masts to pinpoint its location.

Hoare gave further details about the use of 'pinging' to the Guardian last week. He described how reporters would ask a news desk executive to obtain the location of a target: "Within 15 to 30 minutes someone on the news desk would come back and say 'right that's where they are.'"

He said: "You'd just go to the news desk and they'd just come back to you. You don't ask any questions. You'd consider it a job done. The chain of command is one of absolute discipline and what's why I never bought into, like with Andy saying he wasn't aware of it and all that. That's bollocks."

He said he would stand by everything he had told the New York Times about 'pinging'. "I don't know how often it happened. That would be wrong of me. But if I had access as a humble reporter … ."

He admitted he had had problems with drink and drugs and had been in rehab. "But that's irrelevant," he said. "There's more to come. This is not going to go away."

Hoare named a private investigator who he said had links with the News of the World, adding: "He may want to talk now because I think what you'll find now is a lot of people are going to want to cover their arse."

Speaking to another Guardian journalist st last week, Hoare repeatedly expressed the hope that the hacking scandal would lead to journalism in general being cleaned up and said he had decided to blow the whistle on the activities of some of his former News of the World colleagues with that aim in mind.

He also said he has been injured at a party the previous weekend while taking down a marquee erected for a children's party. He said he had broken his nose and badly injured his foot when a relative accidentally struck him with a heavy pole from the marquee.

Hoare also emphasised that he was not making any money from telling his story. Hoare, who has been treated for drug and alcohol problems, reminisced about partying with former pop stars and said he missed the days when he was able to go out on the town.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jul - 18:18

ExNOTWjourno2 Marie X
RIP Sean.. Now i'm really going to go for the jugular. M
2 minutes ago
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 18 Jul - 18:20

Iris wrote:
ExNOTWjourno2 Marie X
RIP Sean.. Now i'm really going to go for the jugular. M
2 minutes ago

Wow! Thanks Iris.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 18 Jul - 18:21

Why are the TV News channels so slow with this news?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) Empty as above

Post  halfamo Mon 18 Jul - 18:23

This is tragic another casualty in this ongoing saga, but this time its some ones life.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Indigo Mon 18 Jul - 18:23

"not being treated as suspicious"

How is that possible in this situation? Either way it is suspicious. Big News Coming???? - Sean Hoare Found Dead (Updated) 36898
Indigo
Indigo
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 18 Jul - 18:25

so may not be suspicious, too damn right id be suspicious.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 18 Jul - 18:27

Anybody checked google earth for a grassy knoll on his street?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 18 Jul - 18:27

Deleted post

Last edited by Bobsy on Mon 18 Jul - 18:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Already posted)
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Mon 18 Jul - 18:33

ExNOTWjourno2 Marie X
I Don't Feel I Can Continue.. Sean would want me too... This isn't right possums. :-( M
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Mon 18 Jul - 18:40

ExNOTWjourno2 Marie X
This situation has spiralled out of control. I will ensure the people behind this pay. M
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 18 Jul - 18:43

Sky News now reporting this.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 18 Jul - 18:45

mumbles wrote:ExNOTWjourno2 Marie X
This situation has spiralled out of control. I will ensure the people behind this pay. M

Possibly a little insensitive:

AlJahomAl Jahom
@ExNOTWjourno2 wait... did you predict that one?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Mon 18 Jul - 18:48

Chris wrote:
mumbles wrote:ExNOTWjourno2 Marie X

Possibly a little insensitive:

AlJahomAl Jahom
@ExNOTWjourno2 wait... did you predict that one?

There's no 'possibly' about it.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 18 Jul - 18:49

so i pressume if he didnt die under suspcious cicumstances he commited suicde OD etc????
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 18 Jul - 18:50

Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next