Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-(((

+18
Bobsy
margaret
dazedandconfused
mara thon
buildersbum
maebee
Badboy
ELI
jeanmonroe
Wallflower
fred
Dimsie
pennylane
marxman
Carolina
victor mendez
duncanmac
kitti
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-(((

Post  maebee Tue 13 Sep - 19:27

Badboy wrote:i HAVE HAD VARIOUS IDEAS OF WHOM IT MIGHT BE.
SLIGHLY OFF TOPIC,LOOK CLOSELY ,YOU MIGHT NOTICE SOMETHING STRANGE,A POSSIBLE CLUE AS TO WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT.

Can you explain please Badboy? Thanks
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-(((

Post  ELI Tue 13 Sep - 20:12

[quote="pennylane"][quote="Dimsie"]
pennylane wrote:

If this is the end game to exonerate the McCanns, a team of 30 detectives (some of whom are retired I believe) will offer them their final ticket to freedom so they can sail off with their ill-gotten gains. The average team of detectives is at the mercy of his superiors and the parameters that are put on the table. Who knows what unknown person is being protected - it could be that someone important has to protect the pair in order to protect his own identity from coming to the fore?

I do hope my pessimism is ill-founded. I have always felt it will take something completely out of left field, that nobody within this vile network of corruption could possibly anticipate, for this case to break wide open.

-----------------------------

I'm not sure the Mets review, should they not find any evidence which they believe implicates the McCann's, would exonerate them. Would the case still not be a Portugeuse one and if so would it not have to be a Portuguese decision to close it once and for all and not the Mets?

ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :
Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 13 Sep - 20:14

maebee wrote:
SLIGHLY OFF TOPIC,LOOK CLOSELY ,YOU MIGHT NOTICE SOMETHING STRANGE,A POSSIBLE CLUE AS TO WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT.

you have pm
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8854
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Tue 13 Sep - 22:42

Badboy wrote:
maebee wrote:

you have pm

Got it. Ta Bb.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 18 Sep - 14:04

As far as we know, only 3 Detectives attended a meeting at the beginning of the month with the PJ to discuss the review and procedures and I posted the link on the Scotland Yard Detectives thread. As for the new Met appointment of a Liverpudlian, I don"t think the review will be published so there
is no need for interference which I don"t think the SY Detectives would condone anyway.

One fly in the ointment was the refusal for Paiva to attend a recon. He was the Police Officer attending the initial liaison with Leicester Police Det.Insp
Stuart Prior. He speaks fluent EnglishPortugese and the one who said Kate had phoned him in tears one night saying Madeleine was buried on a hill. There was no real reason given for refusing to let him attend which made us very suspicious at the time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 18 Sep - 19:54

jeanmonroe wrote:Does the new Met chief, BHH, have to make a decision?
If he gets the results of the review from his 30 detectives and it points to the parents and their friends being involved
does he
1) Cover it up and risk one of his more principled officers (on the team) resigning and going to the press**
2) Drag them all in for questioning
3) Do the right thing for HIS family and keep his job (£265,000 a year) no matter what the implications for the doctors
4) Cover it up, get found out doing it, and have to resign, in public humiliation and disgrace, as yet another bent cop.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

You forgot....
5) **Apart from humiliation and disgrace, would it really be worth losing everything for a couple of child neglecting Doctors, I THINK NOT!!!
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 18 Sep - 20:09

Imo this SY review has to be genuine. If it isn't and a different story emerges at a later date from the review results then any credibility SY have will be totaly lost. This is though not to say there will be attempts to muddy waters from people with sway Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 929468
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 18 Sep - 20:18

Yep I agree bobsy, what with the latest hacking/Scotland Yard trouble of late, Scotland Yard can NOT make anymore mistakes at all, or it will be curtains as far as Scotland Yards is concerned, who really will want to lose their good name never mind a well paid job, PM come and go and lose power, top job at the Met is there for a long time, if you do it right I would have thought.
So do you mind if I sway with you Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 192282
Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 849426 Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 849426

Last edited by buildersbum on Mon 19 Sep - 17:06; edited 1 time in total
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sun 18 Sep - 20:39

How are we going to know if the so called review is genuine or not? The results of the review are NOT going to be made public. Personally I believe the Mccanns will be informed if any evidence comes to light pointing to their involvement and steps will be very quickly taken to refute such evidence just as has been happening for the past years. Too many high profile people to be made to look very foolish, Someone with too much power over the press and media, money certainly talks and it talks loud and long to many many people.

Why has 3.5 million been given for this "review" yet nobody has ever queried the changing stories, the inconsistencies and why have they not been taken to task by the police or any other body re the sudden change of Madeleine having a coloboma to suddenly not having one?

I don't believe any of this is about finding the child, it's all about keeping the parents in the limelight as modern day saints. The big question, which I doubt will ever be answered, is why?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 18 Sep - 21:44

mara thon wrote:How are we going to know if the so called review is genuine or not? The results of the review are NOT going to be made public. Personally I believe the Mccanns will be informed if any evidence comes to light pointing to their involvement and steps will be very quickly taken to refute such evidence just as has been happening for the past years. Too many high profile people to be made to look very foolish, Someone with too much power over the press and media, money certainly talks and it talks loud and long to many many people.

Why has 3.5 million been given for this "review" yet nobody has ever queried the changing stories, the inconsistencies and why have they not been taken to task by the police or any other body re the sudden change of Madeleine having a coloboma to suddenly not having one?

I don't believe any of this is about finding the child, it's all about keeping the parents in the limelight as modern day saints. The big question, which I doubt will ever be answered, is why?

I agree mara thon. Whatever they find out, we'll never know and anything incriminating the McCanns will be rapidly swept under the carpet and we'll be no wiser about that either. If only we knew the "why" of it all.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 18 Sep - 23:04

mara thon wrote:
How are we going to know if the so called review is genuine or not? The results of the review are NOT going to be made public. Personally I believe the Mccanns will be informed if any evidence comes to light pointing to their involvement and steps will be very quickly taken to refute such evidence just as has been happening for the past years. Too many high profile people to be made to look very foolish, Someone with too much power over the press and media, money certainly talks and it talks loud and long to many many people.

I agree mara thon. Whatever they find out, we'll never know and anything incriminating the McCanns will be rapidly swept under the carpet and we'll be no wiser about that either. If only we knew the "why" of it all.

mara thon and dazedandconfused

On reading both your posts I have to agree with you - we won't hear about it. But if SY do find evidence which could bring this to trial - will they hand it to the Portuguese Police to use.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 19 Sep - 10:30

My understanding was that SY were to work alongside the Portuguese police which of course means information shared so how could SY keep the McCanns informed and any evidence against them painted white, OT but a whitewash emoticon will be very useful in the coming weeks and months Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 25346
And I am sure that GA will keep his eyes and ears open.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 19 Sep - 11:15

I wonder if SY have already got their hands on that tapas's mobile phone info, pings and messages. Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 25346

Let alone medical records and bank statements.

The mobile phone info would blow this apart IMO.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 19 Sep - 17:39

margaret wrote:I wonder if SY have already got their hands on that tapas's mobile phone info, pings and messages. Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 25346

Let alone medical records and bank statements.

The mobile phone info would blow this apart IMO.

Mmmm I agree Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 49091 it will Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 782309
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 19 Sep - 18:09

Bobsy wrote:My understanding was that SY were to work alongside the Portuguese police which of course means information shared so how could SY keep the McCanns informed and any evidence against them painted white, OT but a whitewash emoticon will be very useful in the coming weeks and months Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 25346

I'm not a pessimist but just incase we need an emoticon to cover bad news...

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Whitewash3
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Mon 19 Sep - 18:27

whatsupdoc wrote:
Bobsy wrote:My understanding was that SY were to work alongside the Portuguese police which of course means information shared so how could SY keep the McCanns informed and any evidence against them painted white, OT but a whitewash emoticon will be very useful in the coming weeks and months Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 25346

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Whitewash3

Good evening Whatsupdoc. I was meaning it in a rather tongue in cheek kind of way when we could have a whitewash alert.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 19 Sep - 18:40

whatsupdoc wrote:

Hi whatsupdoc.......................very clever. Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 294124 Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 19 Sep - 19:56

very clever, i love it, can it be made generally available on here please
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 19 Sep - 20:29

tanszi wrote:very clever, i love it, can it be made generally available on here please

Hi tanzi........we would wear it out in no time. Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 19 Sep - 21:10

You can have it in white...

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Whitewash4

Here is the site...just right click when it's made your gif and save it. I u/l mine to photobucket. You can get quite a long name.

http://smileystuff.us/generatorspg/spraypaint-generator/
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 19 Sep - 23:00

whatsupdoc wrote:You can have it in white...

Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 Whitewash4

Here is the site...just right click when it's made your gif and save it. I u/l mine to photobucket. You can get quite a long name.

I thought you had made it yourself!!!! It"s still very clever though and I have saved the link...thanks, Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 19 Sep - 23:23

whatsupdoc wrote:You can have it in white...

What a marvellous find - I love it! Breaking news - Bang goes the "Independent" SY Review!!! :-((( - Page 2 294124
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2