Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard

+34
zodiac
Indigo
Lilemor
wjk
halfamo
MaryB
fred
littlepixie
Susan
Fudge
flower
fishie
steve1295
lynn
Alpine Aster
Claudia79
ProfMoriarty
jassi
Sprite
magicslipper
kitti
Justiceforallkids
dutchclogs
FSoares
Dimsie
vivvy
Eve
ann_chovey
Christine
dazedandconfused
Roasted Arizona
Keela
suzyone
snowflake
38 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Empty Re: The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 10:27

SelectedSeconds wrote:Dimsie said

Of course anyone would want their child back, no matter what has happened in the in-between years, but doesn't this and similar cases show the reality of abduction, rather than the fairytale version consistently spun by the McCanns?

I cannot for the life of me see why the McCanns are slated for hoping for the best possible outcome. Of course it's a fairy tale. Ben Needham being snatched by childless gypsies was a fairy tale. Parents are allowed them, it's what keeps them going through the dark night of the soul.

Do you really think Jaycee's mother could have survived 18 years imagining her daughter being raped in a shed?

We are human, we don't try to dwell on the worst scenarios because it makes us mentally and physically ill, we dwell on the best possible outcome because it gives us hope.
Kate is on record as saying that the first night all she could see in her mind's eye was Madeleine lying dead in a ditch. I should think every parent who has had a child go missing has had the same mental image but they do NOT hang onto that image, or they may as well be dead themselves.

This isn't rocket science, simply basic human psychology.

i understand that but how can the mcanns say 2 and a half years later that maddie is unharmed??? if she was reallly abducted which i doubt but if she was theres no way she would be unharmed phyiscally or emotionally........ she would probably have beeN put though hell and would be angry at gerry and kate for leaving her she would probably blame them IMO
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Empty Re: The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard

Post  kitti Fri 28 Aug - 10:29

Funny how the childs step father watched her being abducted yet doesnt remember the make off car or its reg. no., or did he just DIDNT CARE.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 10:30

kitti wrote:Funny how the childs step father watched her being abducted yet doesnt remember the make off car or its reg. no., or did he just DIDNT CARE.

GOOD POINT...
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Aug - 10:42

From the mans mouth last night.....'i didnt get the make off the car or what type it was' from HIS mouth whilst peking round the door off his house.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 10:42

STRING US so called anti live in the real world you dont know how many times i have wanted to punch someone when they say maddie is with a abdctor and is alive and unharmed?? theres denial and theres reality IMO if maddie was/is with a abductor she would NOT be alive and unharmed if she would be alive she would be more then likley damaged for life and besides this case has nothing to do with the mcanns but like always people are making it about them

Last edited by carlymichelle on Fri 28 Aug - 10:42; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Aug - 10:44

String wrote:
SelectedSeconds wrote:
String wrote:
kitti wrote:Funny how the childs step father watched her being abducted yet doesnt remember the make off car or its reg. no., or did he just DIDNT CARE.

Didn't he chase after the car on his bike?

And he spent years with people accusing him of being involved, when it is now blatantly obvious he wasn't.

People should be admonishing the man and woman who kidnapped a child and spent years abusing her, not her stepfather who has been mentally tortured with the sight of her being bundled into the car kicking and screaming.

I know string, I am sat here with my mouth open in horror.

This family have just been exonerated after 18 years of suspicion, but some people cannot, WILL NOT let it go.

How terribly sad is that?
I am finding it hard to believe, I really am. I am astounded in fact that people are talking like that.

DONT Assume because 2 people have been found to off abducted the child doesnt mean a third party WASNT involved.

Im still NOT convinced about the smart abduction.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Aug - 10:47

Also maddie was 3 when she went missing, she would not be able to withstand what an 11 yrd old could off.

So no doubt we will be going back to the 'paedophile' situation again regarding the mccanns.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 10:51

kitti wrote:Also maddie was 3 when she went missing, she would not be able to withstand what an 11 yrd old could off.

So no doubt we will be going back to the 'paedophile' situation again regarding the mccanns.

already in australian forums amddie has bene linked to this case..... the spin is going to be out of control again im happy the girl was found alive but IMO theres no way the girl is not harmed
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 11:01

i would have been 12 when she was abducted thats probably why i dont remember
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 28 Aug - 11:29

I'm pretty shocked that people are attacking this woman's stepfather after he has spent 18 years under a cloud of suspicion and has now been exonerated. I am able to think these thoughts and still be highly suspicious of the McCanns' tale. I think the fact that highly trained sniffer dogs didn't detect the aroma of corpses at the spot Jaycee Dugard disappeared may be one of the reasons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 2 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Fri 28 Aug - 12:00

I wish this young woman only the best and hope she can eventually rebuild her life and the life of her children but as Carly and others have said ,there is no way that anyone who has been through something like this ,and we can only guess what she's been through can emerged unharmed.I can never understand anyone who believes their child ,sorry allegedly believes their child to be in the hands of paedophiles can say they can be recovered unharmed.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 28 Aug - 12:31

Nellie wrote:
carlymichelle wrote:
vancouver1 wrote:Yes of course this is great news and a vast relief to the parents of this young woman.
However, by linking themselves to this story, and by acknowledging that this young woman was found alive after so many years being missing, Kate and Gerry will also have to acknowledge that this young woman was not, in fact, "unharmed" - she was kept captive, and bore children fathered by her abductor, and was therefore sexually abused.

Would Kate and Gerry wish also to acknowledge that this might be the fate of their daughter in four or five years' time?

exactly she was found alive but nor unharmed as the mcanns trot out all the time IMO this is the reality of abduction

This is no reason to stop looking. All the more reason to carry on I think. People do survive this sort of abuse.

People probably can and do come through abuse like this, but at what price.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 28 Aug - 13:05

Nellie wrote:
SelectedSeconds wrote:
String wrote:

Didn't he chase after the car on his bike?

And he spent years with people accusing him of being involved, when it is now blatantly obvious he wasn't.

People should be admonishing the man and woman who kidnapped a child and spent years abusing her, not her stepfather who has been mentally tortured with the sight of her being bundled into the car kicking and screaming.

I know string, I am sat here with my mouth open in horror.

This family have just been exonerated after 18 years of suspicion, but some people cannot, WILL NOT let it go.

How terribly sad is that?

It's not just sad, it's disgraceful. I can hardly believe what I am reading here.

me neither
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  suzyone Fri 28 Aug - 13:58

carlymichelle wrote:
kitti wrote:Also maddie was 3 when she went missing, she would not be able to withstand what an 11 yrd old could off.

already in australian forums amddie has bene linked to this case..... the spin is going to be out of control again im happy the girl was found alive but IMO theres no way the girl is not harmed

Yes, Carly. The spin has started here about it making the Ms more determined. No doubt the £ signs are going up again and they see another chance to raise money. Bring out those armbands and tee shirts!

This case has no bearing on the M case because they knew she had been snatched. In the M case, there are lots of unanswered questions.
suzyone
suzyone
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 138
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Fri 28 Aug - 14:10

The funds running low ,and although i am so pleased this young woman is at last safe ,this is just imo just another fund raiser for the Mcs.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 28 Aug - 14:21

Thanks for the links Schnuffel.
I wonder what the documents say?

MatterofTime, that blog is seriously weird.
It looks like he'll be blaming some weird religous beliefs for his disgusting behaviour!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Fri 28 Aug - 14:29

Nellie comment if you wish ,this is what a forum is for ,we are each entitled to our own opinion.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 28 Aug - 14:36

Nellie wrote:
sasha wrote:
Nellie wrote:
carlymichelle wrote:
vancouver1 wrote:Yes of course this is great news and a vast relief to the parents of this young woman.
However, by linking themselves to this story, and by acknowledging that this young woman was found alive after so many years being missing, Kate and Gerry will also have to acknowledge that this young woman was not, in fact, "unharmed" - she was kept captive, and bore children fathered by her abductor, and was therefore sexually abused.

Would Kate and Gerry wish also to acknowledge that this might be the fate of their daughter in four or five years' time?

exactly she was found alive but nor unharmed as the mcanns trot out all the time IMO this is the reality of abduction

This is no reason to stop looking. All the more reason to carry on I think. People do survive this sort of abuse.

I hope you wouldn't rather she was dead. I don't suppose she does.

I never said that I would rather she had died. I said that if people do survive this sort of abuse it will come at a price. the victim will be damaged both mentally and psycologically( spelling). Prolonged abuse such as a kidnap victim would endure at the hands of a paedophile but damage them, they may never be able to deal with the outside world. Some are "luckier" than most.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 28 Aug - 14:49

So if Madeleine turns up 18 years from now having spent the intervening years being kept in a yard like an animal, and with two children (the product of being serially raped by a paedophile), will the McCanns acknowledge that harm has come to their daughter as a result of their selfishness and negligence?
Will they stand trial if such harm is demonstrable? Or will, once again, the McCanns be deemed to be victims in this story despite the acute levels suffering their habitual lack of basic care contributed to causing a child we are led to believe they care about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 14:53

Popcorn wrote:So if Madeleine turns up 18 years from now having spent the intervening years being kept in a yard like an animal, and with two children (the product of being serially raped by a paedophile), will the McCanns acknowledge that harm has come to their daughter as a result of their selfishness and negligence?
Will they stand trial if such harm is demonstrable? Or will, once again, the McCanns be deemed to be victims in this story despite the acute levels suffering their habitual lack of basic care contributed to causing a child we are led to believe they care about?

agree and never forget them saying they bet maddie was giving the abductor their tuppenceworth FFS!!! what a terrible thing to say
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Fri 28 Aug - 14:55

carlymichelle wrote:
Popcorn wrote:So if Madeleine turns up 18 years from now having spent the intervening years being kept in a yard like an animal, and with two children (the product of being serially raped by a paedophile), will the McCanns acknowledge that harm has come to their daughter as a result of their selfishness and negligence?

agree and never forget them saying they bet maddie was giving the abductor their tuppenceworth FFS!!! what a terrible thing to say

Carly many thanks ,halfamo x
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 28 Aug - 14:57

halfamo wrote:
carlymichelle wrote:

Carly many thanks ,halfamo x

your welcome half i have never forgotten that terrible thing they said she was their 3 year old FFS if she truly was abducted she would have been frightned and alone and i shudder thinking about it

Last edited by carlymichelle on Fri 28 Aug - 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  suzyone Fri 28 Aug - 14:58

Nellie wrote:
halfamo wrote:The funds running low ,and although i am so pleased this young woman is at last safe ,this is just imo just another fund raiser for the Mcs.

I'm not going to comment on your post, but don't think I'm not tempted.

Nellie, I think halfamo means that the Ms are using this case (again) for their own purposes, rather than the release of this young woman is a fund raiser for the Ms. At least that was the way I read it.
suzyone
suzyone
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 138
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 28 Aug - 15:07

Nellie wrote:
sasha wrote:
Nellie wrote:
sasha wrote:
Nellie wrote:
carlymichelle wrote:

I hope you wouldn't rather she was dead. I don't suppose she does.

I never said that I would rather she had died. I said that if people do survive this sort of abuse it will come at a price. the victim will be damaged both mentally and psycologically( spelling). Prolonged abuse such as a kidnap victim would endure at the hands of a paedophile but damage them, they may never be able to deal with the outside world. Some are "luckier" than most.

I know you didn't say that you would rather she died. I just don't understand the "Price" you are talking about. She will have to pay it whatever it is, through no fault of her own. Being pleased that she is alive is the best we can do for her. And pay more attention to what is going on around us.

I sincerely hope that this story will help The McCanns to carry on searching.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 28 Aug - 15:09

Harvesmom wrote:It didnt take long did it ..

Gerry and Kate McCann, whose daughter Madeleine vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal in 2007, have passed on their best wishes to Jaycee Lee's family.

In a statement issued via their spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns said: "Once again this shows that children can seem to disappear off the radar only to be found years later alive.

"It emphasises we should never assume that someone is not alive without any evidence to support this. We should never give up.

"This case only makes us more determined to find Madeleine. She is out there somewhere and somebody knows where.

"Our thoughts and best wishes are with Jaycee and all her family for a happier and peaceful future."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/US-Kidnap-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-Found-Alive-18-Years-After-Being-Snatched-Near-Her-Home-In-California/Article/200908415369893?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header_1&lid=ARTICLE_15369893_US_Kidnap%3A_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard_Found_Alive_18_Years_After_Being_Snatched_Near_Her_Home_In_California

FFS. It is always about themselves isn't it. still clarry has to earn his wages doing something I suppose, the last "sighting" did the Mcs a lot of harm, even most of the pros were bewildered by the Barca/Oz press conference.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next