Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes

3 posters

Go down

Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Empty Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes

Post  Keela Tue 18 Oct - 16:34

Anyone got any suggestions of how to tackle this? I have been to a chiropodist and got some cream but it doesn't seem to be working. The skin around my toes is dry and flaky and I have some hard skin on my heels and under the feet. Chiropodist removed some of the hard skin and been told to use said cream. Anyone know of anything they have tried which works?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Empty Old recipe

Post  tigger Tue 18 Oct - 18:15

Keela wrote:Anyone got any suggestions of how to tackle this? I have been to a chiropodist and got some cream but it doesn't seem to be working. The skin around my toes is dry and flaky and I have some hard skin on my heels and under the feet. Chiropodist removed some of the hard skin and been told to use said cream. Anyone know of anything they have tried which works?

My father used to have very dry and cracked hands, my mother mixed equal parts of glycerine and rosewater (shake before use) and it always cured it. Put a couple of plastic bags round your feet afterwards and put some socks on. After a couple of hours, it should be much better. But you'll have to keep doing it for a while, each day would be good and when the skin gets softer, at least once a week.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Empty Re: Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes

Post  Lioned Tue 18 Oct - 18:51

Talking of feet the 'Health Authorities' have warned about those fish pedicures which apparently can spread deceases and even HIV !

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes Empty Re: Dry and cracked skin on feet and toes

Post  Keela Tue 25 Oct - 12:46

I think and hope that I have got the problem tackled! I went to the doctor who said that it was a form of athletes foot and prescribed Lamisil cream and advised rubbing almond oil on as well. I have been doing this now for a week and what a difference! The infection from the athletes foot has just about gone and the skin is a lot softer.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down