Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

+7
Lillyofthevalley
dutchclogs
gillyspot
Autumn
fred
Angelique
whatsupdoc
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Empty Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

Post  gillyspot Wed 26 Oct - 21:18

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

Post  whatsupdoc Wed 26 Oct - 21:50

Great. I've tweeted it and apparently the book is available in bookshops but not on Amazon, surprise, surprise....so Lilemor1 says.

Looking forward to an English version.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

Post  gillyspot Wed 26 Oct - 21:54

We best as Isabel Duarte and the McCanns they have around 1500 English copies they could sell to us (they won't give them to Amaral apparently) Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 303636
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 27 Oct - 1:53

Wow! This is good news.

I don't know if we buy it does GA receive the money or will it be held pending the libel case - does anyone know ?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Thu 27 Oct - 2:32

Thats excellent news Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 944533

But why not in English??????
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Oct - 9:02

gillyspot wrote:We best as Isabel Duarte and the McCanns they have around 1500 English copies they could sell to us (they won't give them to Amaral apparently) Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 303636

How do you know they are in English? I didn"t think the English version had been translated yet. Why wouldn"t the Publisher take out a court order for their return as soon as the injunction was lifted if this was the case.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 27 Oct - 17:08

I'm sure there isn't an official English version yet!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 27 Oct - 19:38

fred wrote:I'm sure there isn't an official English version yet!

Neither am I fred, although I really don"t understand why, it has been translated into many languages and since the injunction was overturned
what is to stop him publishing in English. ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 27 Oct - 19:41

Sorry I could be wrong.

I am sure I have seen that the McCanns stopped Amaral selling them right on the eve of them being sold in UK (so there would be some printed?). They are or were holding on to 1500 copies.

I am just going out but I will have another look later.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 27 Oct - 22:42

There is no printed English version of the book yet.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Thu 27 Oct - 22:45

Panda wrote:

Neither am I fred, although I really don"t understand why, it has been translated into many languages and since the injunction was overturned

Thats what I don't understand either Panda. I thought he was free to publish his book anywhere and in any language.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 3:29

Autumn wrote:
Panda wrote:

Thats what I don't understand either Panda. I thought he was free to publish his book anywhere and in any language.

Yes Autumn, it is strange. He also wrote "The English Gag "is about U.K. Government Interference which for me would have been an
obvious choice to be published in English. Maybe, he is finding it hard to get an English Publisher because no one will have a word said against
the McCanns, unless of course they lose their Libel suit. Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 28 Oct - 10:43

I have found the article regarding the books and it says "On the eve of seeing the book translated into English" so probably no actual English books.

http://www.jn.pt/PaginaInicial/Policia/Interior.aspx?content_id=1357242&page=-1

Panda is there an English translation of the "English Gag"? I'd love to read that.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 11:17

[quote="gillyspot"]I have found the article regarding the books and it says "On the eve of seeing the book translated into English" so probably no actual English books.

http://www.jn.pt/PaginaInicial/Policia/Interior.aspx?content_id=1357242&page=-1

Panda is there an English translation of the "English Gag"? I'd love to read that.[/quote}

Morning gillyspot, no , we would know if it was. Apparently it was launched in a prestigious Bookshop while the injunction Trial was in progress.

It is published in Portugese but I don"t know of any translations and I doubt because of the British Goverment involvement that any U.K.
publisher would take it on. I doubt it will be 384 pages long so maybe it will get translated and published by an American Company, sold on
Amazon like Stevo did with his book "The Faked Abduction".
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 28 Oct - 11:23

Panda wrote:
Autumn wrote:
Panda wrote:

Yes Autumn, it is strange. He also wrote "The English Gag "is about U.K. Government Interference which for me would have been an
obvious choice to be published in English. Maybe, he is finding it hard to get an English Publisher because no one will have a word said against
the McCanns, unless of course they lose their Libel suit. Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 25346

Hi Panda, imo the libel case for the McCanns is a far more important to them then Mr Amaral, the McCanns if they lose(which imo they will) will course the flood gates to burst open on these two child neglectors and boy it will imo, were as Mr Amaral only loses money/livelyhood (which is bad enough I know) but will just fight on if this libel case goes against him, atleast he will not have the world on his shoulders (because if the McCanns ever take a public noise dive, my god it will be spectacular) if he loses, his is monetry, the McCanns well theirs is about freedom or a life in prison imo.

Does anyone have a link to the "Goncalo libel fund" Ive seen one somewere but can't remember,,,each month Ive decided to put a small amount out of my wages into the fund until Feb 2012, 4 donations out of my wages ins't much but all small amounts adds up. Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Fri 28 Oct - 11:38

Well it a start Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 944533 Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 849426 Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK 873702
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 11:47

Morning Lilyofthevalley,

Yes, I"m quietly confident that the McCanns have gone one lawsuit too far, I just hope we have a translator in the Court like they did the last time at the injunction hearing, maybe twitter or Facebook will surprise this time. I donated when there was an appeal to help with the Legal
Costs, but now the injunction has been lifted the book can be sold again so I would think Amaral can manage now. However, Cllaudia knows
Amaral so you could PM her to find out.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 28 Oct - 12:03

Thanks Panda will do Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Icon_flower
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Oct - 16:48

It's the cover off the book that worries me.

It is the same cover as Kate mccanns book.

His original cover had a brown cover with the pic off Madeleine in the spotty top

Are we sure someone hasn't changed the cover for a reason?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 16:58

kitti wrote:It's the cover off the book that worries me.

It is the same cover as Kate mccanns book.

His original cover had a brown cover with the pic off Madeleine in the spotty top

Are we sure someone hasn't changed the cover for a reason?

HI kitti. hope you are better and good to see you posting again. Gerry said ages ago that he holds the copyright and if it is the same cover
as Kate"s book I would be surprised if Amaral altered it. Where did you see this was it on Amazon ? Can you find the link, isn"t the original
cover for "The Truth of the Lie" used as Claudia"s avatar?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Oct - 17:03

The cover off his book is claudias avatar.

The book on eBay has the same cover as Kate mccanns book.

Why would mr amaral CHANGE from the original cover to the same as Kate mccanns cover .

It feels very fishy to me .....the truth off the lie IS on sale on amazon but NOT in English.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Fri 28 Oct - 17:33

The original OP listing from EBay shows the publication date as 2009 so the pic as the front page was used before the McCanns book

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Maddie-DieWahrheitberDieLgeAmaralGoncaloAmeBay
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Oct - 17:49

Yes but mr amarals cover is the same as claudias avatar.

His original book came out in 2008 with the brown cover .....

What I am saying is........IS this mr amarals cover or has someone changed the cover recently.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 17:59

If you look again, it says "this is a private listing", the writing is in German isn"t it, not Portugese and "Maddie" would never have been used by
Amaral.. The very fact it is on e-bay is suspicious. The Seller is roxy media .I presume Amaral"s book was published in Portugese first . This
Book was last updated on 22nd October 2011 so I am just wondering if it is part of an original printing which was subsequently abandoned
because of the injunction and this guy has bought a job lot , maybe changed the cover himself.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Oct - 18:17

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Thanks Panda will do Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK Icon_flower

The brother of Goncalo Amaral, the former police chief coordinator dismissed in the Madeleine McCann investigation has sued him because of bad debts. Apart from that, Amaral has 1/3 of his salary monthly confiscated by the tax office, because of debts to the tax office. Also, his house of Olhaois has been confiscated by a Portuguese bank (BIC) because of debts of around 500 000 euros.

All this yet Goncalo Amaral and his wife Sofia of Portimao continue to "live like lords", apparently they manage to live without even paying a single cent of their own pockets! There are rumours rife that all his money is in some sort of offshore account or in another person's name.

Amaral also continues to drive around in a luxury Jaguar motor car after having all their assets connected to earnings from his book, TV & radio interviews, newspaper and magazine interviews and documentaries, frozen by the court. His book is still banned from sale and Amaral is due to face a libel trial soon brought by Kate and Gerry McCann, who are suing him for £1 million for defamation and libel. The ban placed on his book has now been upheld by the court of appeal three times.

Amaral also benefits from charity money collected for him which is intended for his defence trial and has been set up in a bank account under the name of Paulo Sargento.
Pensioners have been asked to donate their pensions and savings into the fund to pay to Amaral by Joana Morais a close "friend".

This is what rabid pops said about mr amaral and his fighting fund.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next