Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

+7
Lillyofthevalley
dutchclogs
gillyspot
Autumn
fred
Angelique
whatsupdoc
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 18:28

I know the McCanns insisted on E1.2 million, which is the amount they are suing him for, being held seperately. Amaral does have a high
Mortgage but the house is in joint names so could not be used as collateral. The Jag was a Company asset , but I think 2 million books were sold so he would have made money which is what upset the McCanns the most.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK - Page 2 Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK

Post  HiDeHo Fri 28 Oct - 18:30

Panda wrote:If you look again, it says "this is a private listing", the writing is in German isn"t it, not Portugese and "Maddie" would never have been used by
Amaral.. The very fact it is on e-bay is suspicious. The Seller is roxy media .I presume Amaral"s book was published in Portugese first . This
Book was last updated on 22nd October 2011 so I am just wondering if it is part of an original printing which was subsequently abandoned
because of the injunction and this guy has bought a job lot , maybe changed the cover himself.

According to Ironside on Joanna's blog the picture cover was the original.

German release of 'Maddie: Die Wahrheit über die Lüge' - Aktualisierung
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/06/german-release-of-maddie-warum-die.html
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Goncalo Amaral's book is on sale in UK - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 18:51

HiDeHo wrote:
Panda wrote:If you look again, it says "this is a private listing", the writing is in German isn"t it, not Portugese and "Maddie" would never have been used by
Amaral.. The very fact it is on e-bay is suspicious. The Seller is roxy media .I presume Amaral"s book was published in Portugese first . This
Book was last updated on 22nd October 2011 so I am just wondering if it is part of an original printing which was subsequently abandoned
because of the injunction and this guy has bought a job lot , maybe changed the cover himself.

According to Ironside on Joanna's blog the picture cover was the original.

German release of 'Maddie: Die Wahrheit über die Lüge' - Aktualisierung
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/06/german-release-of-maddie-warum-die.html

To be honest I would be surprised, Maddie is such a familiar name which Kate said they never called her anyway and Amaral knew Gerry had
taken out a copyright on her colombara and photographs. Why would it appear on e-bay, updated on the 22nd of this month?It is very
cheap and my guess is that someone bought a job lot of Amarals unsold book and the seller copied Kate"s Book cover. I wonder if Kate and Gerry see this or are told about it? another one to sue.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Oct - 19:00

Linking the book cover with mr amaral is not right.

My guess is also that some people will think it IS Kate mccanns book.

Will give the pro camp more ammunition to discredit mr Amaral.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 19:18

kitti wrote:Linking the book cover with mr amaral is not right.

My guess is also that some people will think it IS Kate mccanns book.

Will give the pro camp more ammunition to discredit mr Amaral.

I am a member of ebay so might send a message to roxymedia asking how he came by the Book and warning him he could be sued by the McCanna and Amaral .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 28 Oct - 20:59

I just looked at the Sellers Site, he has a Store with many books on sale, tried to ask a question about the cover but no joy, maybe Argo the
Publisher will throw somw light on the Book, Amaral would know if it is genuine.

Title: Maddie - Die Wahrheit Über Die Lüge
Author: Amaral, Goncalo; Amaral, Goncalo

Publisher:Argo
Publication Date:Jun-01-2009
Pages:Unknown
Binding:Hardcover
ISBN:3937987797
LanguageCodeGERMAN
Brand new Hardcover. All orders get full access to our online status tracking service, allowing you to view realtime order progress. Your order will be dispatched from England via Royal Mail 1st Class, although please allow 4-5 days for delivery. We state up-front delivery cost and speed so please don't mark us down. Please note that first editions are rarely first printings.
International customers outside United Kingdom: We will dispatch globally, but within the European Union only to a limited number of countries: United Kingdom, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, France, Italy, Belgium, Czech Republic, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, and Sweden. We will dispatch to all non-EU European countries (e.g. Switzerland, Norway, Croatia, Russia, Ukraine, etc.), and any other foreign country. Delivery time: UK 4-5 days. USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, and all other Rest of World 7-14 days by Priority Airmail. Customers outside the United Kingdom should only purchase on understanding that at any time, severe international postal delays could occur due to unknown incidents such as extreme weather, war, terrorism, acts of god etc.
Postage charges: £2.75 for United Kingdom, £5.00 for all foreign countries. Our postage is set to cover costs including secure packaging. If you are not completely 5/5 happy with this, please do not order and buy from someone else. When dispatching we only use Royal Mail, supporting a British company, not cheaper foreign mail companies. Unfortunately due to requiring immediate payment on each item means we cannot offer combined postage discounts, once again please don't order if not satisfied.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 28 Oct - 22:43

That has always been the cover of the German version of the book as far as I know.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 28 Oct - 22:49

How can she not know how many pages are in the book.

Perhaps she is selling the book for someone else.

It may be coming straight from the shop, you can do that on eBay, instead off getting load off an item, buying it and having it shipped to your house THEN YOU ship it to the customer, you can have it sent direct from the shop via the eBay seller.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2