Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann - Who Cares

+5
margaret
Sunflower27
NoStone
gillyspot
maebee
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Empty Madeleine McCann - Who Cares

Post  Panda Sun 30 Oct - 16:42

Madeleine McCann - Who Cares.

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares A82ce061-1c8f-45fa-bdff-65e0a5fe0594.Small

Martin
Brunt
October 20, 2009 1:15 PM

I don't know why, but I'm still finding it impossible to get a straight
answer about Madeleine McCann from Leicestershire police.

I called to ask about Madeleine and almost before I'd asked the question was
being given the old brush off: "It's a Portuguese investigation, not ours."

The Portuguese authorities closed their investigation in July last year. The
press officer said she hadn't heard or read about that.

Apparently, the Leicstershire force still passes on any potential leads to
the dynamic Portuguese police who established precisely nothing about
Madeleine's disappearance during their 15-month inquiry.

I gave it 24 hours and called back. This time I was told that all the
Leicestershire cops involved in the Madeleine case were on half-term holiday. So
push off.

She didn't actually say that, but it felt like she had.

Still, onwards and upwards. The last time I asked a Leicestershire press
officer about Madeleine she got hysterical.

I hope that privately, at least, Madeleine's home force shows a bit more care
and thought towards her family.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Empty Re: Madeleine McCann - Who Cares

Post  gillyspot Sun 30 Oct - 16:49

Hi Panda

Do you have a link to this. This needs sharing on twitter.

If Martin Brunt still had doubts in 2009 then we (plebs) need to know.

If you share I will share on twitter.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Oct - 17:15

gillyspot wrote:Hi Panda

Do you have a link to this. This needs sharing on twitter.

If Martin Brunt still had doubts in 2009 then we (plebs) need to know.

If you share I will share on twitter.

Sorry gillyspot, when I copy the link doesn"t show, Iv"e gone back to the Blog, but can"t find it. Can"t you copy and paste it like I have. ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 30 Oct - 17:19

I will have a search. I hadn't found it or it would be on twitter as we speak.

When I do it will be on here.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 30 Oct - 17:23

Got it. Will be shared on twitter now

"Madeleine McCann - Who Cares.
October 20, 2009 1:15 PM - Written by Martin Brunt
I don't know why, but I'm still finding it impossible to get a straight answer about Madeleine McCann from Leicestershire police.
I called to ask about Madeleine and almost before I'd asked the question was being given the old brush off: "It's a Portuguese investigation, not ours."
The Portuguese authorities closed their investigation in July last year. The press officer said she hadn't heard or read about that.
Apparently,."

http://blogs.news.sky.com/editors/tags/McCann/3
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Oct - 17:28

gillyspot wrote:Got it. Will be shared on twitter now

"Madeleine McCann - Who Cares.
October 20, 2009 1:15 PM - Written by Martin Brunt
I don't know why, but I'm still finding it impossible to get a straight answer about Madeleine McCann from Leicestershire police.
I called to ask about Madeleine and almost before I'd asked the question was being given the old brush off: "It's a Portuguese investigation, not ours."
The Portuguese authorities closed their investigation in July last year. The press officer said she hadn't heard or read about that.
Apparently,."

http://blogs.news.sky.com/editors/tags/McCann/3

Well done gillyspot, you found a different way to me. Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares 25346 It may have already been discussed on twitter because it is 10 days old.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 30 Oct - 17:30

Full article

"I don't know why, but I'm still finding it impossible to get a straight answer about Madeleine McCann from Leicestershire police.
Apparently, the Leicstershire force still passes on any potential leads to the dynamic Portuguese police who established precisely nothing about Madeleine's disappearance during their 15-month inquiry.
I gave it 24 hours and called back. This time I was told that all the Leicestershire cops involved in the Madeleine case were on half-term holiday. So push off.
She didn't actually say that, but it felt like she had.
Still, onwards and upwards. The last time I asked a Leicestershire press officer about Madeleine she got hysterical.
I hope that privately, at least, Madeleine's home force shows a bit more care and thought towards her family."

Read the comments most interesting.

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime/Post:d9b31174-43bd-4038-ab61-3ed1e6d04f4e

BTW not on twitter as is from 2009 - very old lol but still relevant to poor Madeleine McCann

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Oct - 17:40

This is a recent comment.......very interesting about the "cove".

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares No-user-imagePosted by: KatyIreland from Dublin on October 20, 2009 3:32 PM
Hi Martin, good to see you're keeping this blog open.

The police did establish that there are a group of witnesses, members of
the Smith family, who saw a man carrying a pale sleeoing child fitting
Madeleine' description towards a little rocky cove 8 minutes walk from
5a. A cove where row boats are normally left, oars and all. He would
have passed the (closed) medical centre on the way.

This is the copposite direction to where Jane Tanner's man was going,
which was in the direction of Robert Murat's house, and whom nobody else
saw.

While there have been several (different) descriptions issued by the Mc
Canns of the man JAne Tanner says she saw, they do nor give any regard
to the other sighting.

I think you should try to speak to the Smith family.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 30 Oct - 22:49

I hope that privately, at least, Madeleine's home force shows a bit more care
and thought towards her family.

Brunt is another one who cares more about K&G than Madeleine :(
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Mon 31 Oct - 6:56

gillyspot wrote:"The last time I asked a Leicestershire press officer about Madeleine she got hysterical.."

Why would a professional press officer get "hysterical"?
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Oct - 7:19

towards a little rocky cove 8 minutes walk from
5a. A cove where row boats are normally left, oars and all."

This is the bit that interests me, never heard of a cove before.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Mon 31 Oct - 7:47

Panda wrote:towards a little rocky cove 8 minutes walk from

Morning Panda!

There are many coves and little secluded beaches along that coast - esp if you head east from PDL towards Lagos. When I was there you can go on trips in small fishing boats. They take you out to sea from Lagos and head west along a rugged coastline. Our 'skipper' took us close in to a secluded beach that is used as a nudist beach - a big grin on his face. Then further along he steered us into one of the larger coves, a very difficult thing to do unless your skilled as even on a calm day - the water swells around. Many of these coves you can only reach from the sea, some from scrambling down the steep cliffs. I do not know if you can walk along the beach from PDL to any coves but it is possible I suppose.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Oct - 10:09

NoStone wrote:
Panda wrote:towards a little rocky cove 8 minutes walk from

Morning Panda!

There are many coves and little secluded beaches along that coast - esp if you head east from PDL towards Lagos. When I was there you can go on trips in small fishing boats. They take you out to sea from Lagos and head west along a rugged coastline. Our 'skipper' took us close in to a secluded beach that is used as a nudist beach - a big grin on his face. Then further along he steered us into one of the larger coves, a very difficult thing to do unless your skilled as even on a calm day - the water swells around. Many of these coves you can only reach from the sea, some from scrambling down the steep cliffs. I do not know if you can walk along the beach from PDL to any coves but it is possible I suppose.

Morning NoStone,

Thanks for the info. Many Moons ago, I can"t remember which Country, I went for a trip in a glass bottomed boat, quite scary, and we went into a cave I suppose it would be possible to hide Madeleine"s body in a row boat in a cove and in the early hours of the morning row out to Sea,
but somehow I can"t imagine the McCanns being so callous, or any Parent for that matter.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunflower27 Mon 31 Oct - 10:38

I'd say disposing of her body peacefully at sea was the best option they had.

They weren't going to tell the truth so madeleine had to be disposed of - and fast.

Very interesting that the smith sighting was of a man carrying a child in the opposite direction to Jane Tanner's suspect - that no-one else saw. Just more evidence in my mind that jane tanner totally fabricated her story to take the suspicion off Gerry taking madeleine down the water. Gerry must have been disgusted at seeing the smiths... I totally believe it was him that they saw.
Sunflower27
Sunflower27
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Oct - 10:56

Morning Sunflower

The Smiths have an Apartment in PDL but did not know of the "abduction " until their daughter phoned from the U.K. the day after to ask what they knew.
Now from the countless photos of Gerry and Kate in Newspapers all over the World, Mr Smith only remembers the Guy that he saw carrying a child was
Gerry because of the way he carried Amelie leaving the Plane in the U.K. 3 months later?????? At the second interiew in Ireland by the Garda his wife
declined to be interviewed. This makes me sceptical I"m afraid.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 31 Oct - 13:02

The sea is an obvious place to dispose of a body but so risky unless it's weighed down. I've never been sure about it.

Remember when those two little children went missing from a Norfolk beach about 10-12 years ago Thomas and Jodie they were called, l don't live too far away. People knew from studying tides where their bodies would wash up and sadly it proved to be the case.

I remember it being mentioned in the press about the tides and where they'd expect Maddie to be washed up so l know it was looked at.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Empty The Loughlin children

Post  Guest Mon 31 Oct - 13:31

I was thinking of these two children Jodi and Tom only the other day.

I can't find a detailed story online that still exists but here's one that mentions what happened to them in 1996.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-109687262.html

I wonder if Jake Parker was ever found - I've never heard of him before.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 31 Oct - 14:43

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I was thinking of these two children Jodi and Tom only the other day.

I can't find a detailed story online that still exists but here's one that mentions what happened to them in 1996.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-109687262.html

I wonder if Jake Parker was ever found - I've never heard of him before.

He was found 3 days later NBY.

There's a webcache page you can read from the Independant, link won't work
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Oct - 16:31

I think I mentioned this before, a few months ago on a Flight I was sitting next to a couple and we got chatting and the Husband said he was a Detective
but had to take early retirement after having a triple by-pass. Naturally I asked what he thought of the Madeleine case and he said everyone in the Police
Station thought the McCanns guilty of disposing of Madeleine"s body.........but how remains the mystery.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Empty The sea often gives up bodies/remains ages after the person goes missing

Post  comperedna Mon 31 Oct - 17:29

When I was young, a neighbour, a police sergeant Wright and his wife took their two children Malcolm 5, and David 9, to the seaside at Brancaster on the North Norfolk coast. Though the children were being watched from the beach by Mrs Wright, David, who was paddling not far out, disappeared when her attention was momentarily distracted. His remains appeared simply ages later on the Dutch coast... because of the hidden creeks at low tide and the currents and all... I will always remember it. No way anything 'weighted down' can be relied upon not to turn up, in part, even years later... in spite of fish and crabs and shrimps and all...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 31 Oct - 17:41

comperedna wrote:When I was young, a neighbour, a police sergeant Wright and his wife took their two children Malcolm 5, and David 9, to the seaside at Brancaster on the North Norfolk coast. Though the children were being watched from the beach by Mrs Wright, David, who was paddling not far out, disappeared when her attention was momentarily distracted. His remains appeared simply ages later on the Dutch coast... because of the hidden creeks at low tide and the currents and all... I will always remember it. No way anything 'weighted down' can be relied upon not to turn up, in part, even years later... in spite of fish and crabs and shrimps and all...

Yes, l should have said that l agree with that too. Much too risky at sea, however if it was just your average abductor why would they go to the trouble of hiding the body so it would never be found?

No missing child has been looked for more than Madeleine but she still hasn't been found, it doesn't make sense.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Oct - 17:54

comperedna wrote:When I was young, a neighbour, a police sergeant Wright and his wife took their two children Malcolm 5, and David 9, to the seaside at Brancaster on the North Norfolk coast. Though the children were being watched from the beach by Mrs Wright, David, who was paddling not far out, disappeared when her attention was momentarily distracted. His remains appeared simply ages later on the Dutch coast... because of the hidden creeks at low tide and the currents and all... I will always remember it. No way anything 'weighted down' can be relied upon not to turn up, in part, even years later... in spite of fish and crabs and shrimps and all...

Hi comperedna,

Do you remember the case of the Woman"s remains found in the Lake district, 16 years after she disappeared and her husband was charged with her Murder? I bet he thought he was home and dry.!!!! There was one possibility , the Incinerator owned by the Dutch Guy, where people took their dead
animals . However, the Portugese Police had sealed it for some reason and when they checked the seal was unbroken. then theere was the Yacht which sailed out of the Harbour two hours after Madeleine disappeared, but this was apparently checked out as well. Unless Madeleine "s body is found. because sadly I don"t think she is alive, her disappearance will remain a mystery.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann  - Who Cares Empty Yes Panda

Post  comperedna Mon 31 Oct - 18:01

If the animal crematorium had not been sealed, I would have thought it a likely option. Always and ever, I think of the most normal routine and simplest option... I think hospital incinerator... familiar and regularly used... Again IMHO a body is not like a person... It is quite other... a thing... I speak from family experience... the sadness being totally separate.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 31 Oct - 18:13

comperedna wrote:If the animal crematorium had not been sealed, I would have thought it a likely option. Always and ever, I think of the most normal routine and simplest option... I think hospital incinerator... familiar and regularly used... Again IMHO a body is not like a person... It is quite other... a thing... I speak from family experience... the sadness being totally separate.

This is true and it happened not long after Madeleine disappeared. Late at night, because I am a night owl, I was browsing sky discussions and a poster
with a foreign user name beginning with G posted that Madeleine was dead and she was buried under concrete in PDL. a few minutes later I went to
check out the post again and it had been whooshed clunked .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 31 Oct - 23:30

As far as using a pet crematorium, I do not believe, if they knew she was dead, they would really dispose of her body in such a way at all. Far too risky and obvious imo. If they are as callous as some out there believe they would dispose of her in a more natural way, leaving her miles from nowhere, throwing her naked body down a deep, craggy, ravine where no man can tread, where the elements of nature and wild animals would naturally dispose of her remains.

What I am inclined to think though is that they would mourn her too much, want to keep her intact, there would be a grave, or she would remain frozen somewhere.

If cremation were to be their choice, it would be a very private affair. It does not require a pet crematorium to achieve this.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next