Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary

+21
Justiceforallkids
halfamo
malena stool
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
NoStone
cass
gillyspot
bill516
dutchclogs
Angelique
Loopdaloop
almostgothic
ann_chovey
frencheuropean
Lioned
jeanmonroe
Bobsy
maebee
tabs
Karen
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Empty Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary

Post  Karen Thu 17 Nov - 7:14

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Interesting read!

Kate belongs behind bars or in a Mental Institution..........and quick!!!
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Empty Re: Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary

Post  kathybelle Thu 17 Nov - 8:34

Karen wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Interesting read!

Good Morning Karen and thank you for the link, I agree with your comment about Kate. The McCanns have jumped on the bandwagon with this hacking problem, they have seen the huge amount of money the Dowlers were given in compensation and they want the same. They have already been paid out by the newsgroups who printed lies about them amongst the truth, in fact they settled out of court.

Rupert Murdoch has been one of the McCanns staunchest supporters, it's probably thanks to him that nothing but good can be printed about the McCanns. The McCanns have no problem with the newspapers printing that lie about them and it is a lie, there is nothing good about the McCanns. They won't even accept responsibility for the disappearance of Madeleine, whatever happened to her, is their fault, whether Madeleine was abducted or not.

Anyway to get back to Rupert Murdoch, I wonder if he will still be a supporter of the McCanns, after Kate McCann's latest outburst. I'm not sure if he still runs the newspaper group, or if it is his son James, but either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he distances himself from the McCanns. Gordon Brown did and Gordon Brown gave the McCanns the ultimate slap in the face when he gave Sarah Payne a job that Kate fancied for herself.

The McCanns, who were never hacked, are once again making front page news, when it should be the victims of the hacking debacle, including Milly Dowlers family and Sarah Payne, who should be on the front page.

If the McCanns ever get brought to justice and found guilty, there will be a lot of people with a lot of red faces. Rupert Murdoch will be one of them.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary Empty Re: Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 17 Nov - 8:49

"Mentally raped?" What a truly dreadful choice of words. The way she chose to write in her diary was cringeworthy at times - about Robert Murat, she wrote that she'd like to kill him, "...but I can't." Boo hoo, they won't let me kill him! She writes like a very immature teenager or that little girlie character out of "Just William."

How can printing what she actually wrote be like rape? I'm sure those women who have been raped would tell her that there is a huge difference between their experience and hers.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Thu 17 Nov - 9:14

for 'mentally raped' read 'not paid'

she was more than happy for the sun to print her musings when they paid her for it
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 17 Nov - 9:18

Karen wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Interesting read!

Thanks for this Karen. (Better link here:) :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8895338/Leveson-Inquiry-Kate-McCann-felt-mentally-raped-after-NOTW-published-private-diary.html
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 17 Nov - 9:24

AnnaEsse wrote:"Mentally raped?" What a truly dreadful choice of words. The way she chose to write in her diary was cringeworthy at times - about Robert Murat, she wrote that she'd like to kill him, "...but I can't." Boo hoo, they won't let me kill him! She writes like a very immature teenager or that little girlie character out of "Just William."

How can printing what she actually wrote be like rape? I'm sure those women who have been raped would tell her that there is a huge difference between their experience and hers.

Good morning AnnaEsseI'm wondering if the media has a hidden agenda for making Kate McCann's story front page news. The media can't print anything unsavioury about the McCanns, but by making her story front page news, they are showing people how vile she is.

Milly's family, have been to hell and back, since Milly disappeared and was eventually found murdered. They have displayed dignity throughout their ordeal, even when they discovered what had been happening to Milly's mobile phone. Sarah Payne has also acted with dignity, she is still recovering from a serious illness that could have cost her, her life.

I believe the McCanns think there are big bucks to be made from this debacle, hence Kate's latest outburst. They can't seem to get it into their heads that they have already been paid out, by the newspaper groups, who paid into the fund. Their Tapas friends also put their compensation from the newspaper group, into the fund. Clarence Mitchell says the McCanns phone was never hacked and they didn't disagree with him.

In my opinion the McCanns should not be speaking at this enquiry, because they are speaking for one reason only and that is money.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 17 Nov - 10:08

They've actually been paid twice ....once by a payout by NOTW and then by the sun for rehashing the same story the NOTW were sued for.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Thu 17 Nov - 10:10

kathybelle wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:"Mentally raped?" What a truly dreadful choice of words. The way she chose to write in her diary was cringeworthy at times - about Robert Murat, she wrote that she'd like to kill him, "...but I can't." Boo hoo, they won't let me kill him! She writes like a very immature teenager or that little girlie character out of "Just William."

Good morning AnnaEsseI'm wondering if the media has a hidden agenda for making Kate McCann's story front page news. The media can't print anything unsavioury about the McCanns, but by making her story front page news, they are showing people how vile she is.

Milly's family, have been to hell and back, since Milly disappeared and was eventually found murdered. They have displayed dignity throughout their ordeal, even when they discovered what had been happening to Milly's mobile phone. Sarah Payne has also acted with dignity, she is still recovering from a serious illness that could have cost her, her life.

I believe the McCanns think there are big bucks to be made from this debacle, hence Kate's latest outburst. They can't seem to get it into their heads that they have already been paid out, by the newspaper groups, who paid into the fund. Their Tapas friends also put their compensation from the newspaper group, into the fund. Clarence Mitchell says the McCanns phone was never hacked and they didn't disagree with him.

In my opinion the McCanns should not be speaking at this enquiry, because they are speaking for one reason only and that is money.

Well said both of you Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 463742 Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 307691 Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 307691
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Thu 17 Nov - 10:15

kathybelle wrote:

Good morning Kathybelle, you have used a word there when writing of the parents of Milly Dowler, the mother of Sarah Payne and also may I add the mother of Ben Needham, the parents of the Soham murder girls, and that word you used is dignity.
The McCanns will never, ever have dignity about anything. Their behaviour is so deeply entrenched and dignity has never been nor ever will be an aspect of it.
There whole life is me me me that even their own child couldn't alter it.

Last edited by Bobsy on Thu 17 Nov - 10:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 17 Nov - 10:24

@ tabs

Good point!
'Mental rape' is fine the second time around if she's trousering 200,000 quid for it.
Apparently.

Hope the Leveson Inquiry sees through this stinking hypocrisy and faux handwringing.

@ Anna

Ah yes, Violet Elizabeth Bott - a most suitable analogy ...

... and as she couldn't kill Robert Murat, did she just thcweam and thcweam until she was thick?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 17 Nov - 10:43

Part of a longer sick making article but this bit shows the level of the McCann mis information

"David Sherborne, the lawyer representing the McCanns along with 50 other victims of alleged press intrusion, said the experience left the family feeling violated.

How did the News of the World get this from the police? We may never know now,” he said. “The publication of this material with a picture on the front page suggesting she had provided this herself left her feeling mentally raped, her husband says, and is it any wonder?”"

So the fact that it was allegedly a Portuguese journalist who passed the information to a Portuguese newspaper then NOTW copied their example will never be known?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8895338/Leveson-Inquiry-Kate-McCann-felt-mentally-raped-after-NOTW-published-private-diary.html
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 17 Nov - 10:49

Bobsy wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Good morning Kathybelle, you have used a word there when writing of the parents of Milly Dowler, the mother of Sarah Payne and also may I add the mother of Ben Needham, the parents of the Soham murder girls, and that word you used is dignity.
The McCanns will never, ever have dignity about anything. Their behaviour is so deeply entrenched and dignity has never been nor ever will be an aspect of it.
There whole life is me me me that even their own child couldn't alter it.

Good morning Bobsy, never in my life have I seen anything like this. The McCanns committed a crime against their 3 children in Praia da Luz, when they left them unsupervised all but one night of that holiday. Madeleine disappears and her parents say she has been abducted and they admit they never physically searched for her. The PJ don't believe their story and want to prosecute them. The British Government step in and with help from the Portuguese Government, the McCanns although arguidos, are free to come home and the case is dropped against them. The McCanns manage to get Rupert Murdoch on their side, who makes sure nothing bad is printed against the McCanns. They also get the likes of Richard Branson and other prominent people on their side. Branson even tells the media that he will pay for the best lawyers available, if the McCanns are prosecuted.

The British taxpayer is paying for a review into Madeleine's disappearance, even though there was and still is enough evidence for the McCanns to be prosecuted for their part in Madeleine's disappearance. While the review is going on, the McCanns are still begging for money for the fund, that they can use for anything they like including assisting the finances of their extended family, or so Clarence Mitchell says.

Kate McCann is voted one of the most inspirational women of the year. She was invited to speak on Aled Jones's "Mothering Sunday" programme.

Just when I thought the McCanns couldn't stoop any lower, they managed to get themselves on to the the phone hacking probe. It was obvious what was going to happen, the McCanns would try to make this enquiry all about them.

FGS, when is someone in authority going to grow a backbone and put the McCanns where they should have been put 4yrs ago, behind bars.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 17 Nov - 13:25

good post kathybelle Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 307691 sorry folks i havent posted in a bit . busy and also i felt a bit low about stuff , omg words fail me and that takes a lot but as sick as the headline is Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 307691 i think tide is turning
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Nov - 14:07

Well said KathyBelle and everyone else. There can never have been another case quite like this one, in my opinion manufactured as a money-making enterprise. Poor Madeleine, she never had a chance did she, born into a family like the McCanns.

I spit feathers (well almost) whenever I hear that Kate has gatecrashed a charity event for other causes or put herself up as an expert on the plight of relatives of missing persons as in this quote from June this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13745838

Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 371436
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 17 Nov - 14:19

The narcissistic KM and her money grubbing husband GM, consumed with jealousy about ANYONE (Dowlers included) that has a story more deserving than their pathetic "story" of a faked abduction of a child they deliberately, consciously, left on her own, with two even younger children, in an unlocked apartment, now admitted, out of eyesight and earshot have today turned on their most sycophantic supporters in the press, namely News International, proprietor of the Sun and the now defunct NOTW.
The very same NOTW that so generously put up a reward of £1.5 MILLION for any information about the disappearance of their, now self confessed, neglected daughter Madeleine.
"MENTALLY RAPED BY NOTW" scream the headlines above yet another posed photograph of the ever self serving, publicity hunger seeker KM. (not a photo of MM you'll notice)
I do believe that KM, with her grandiose delusion, false belief held with absolute conviction despite superior evidence actually sees herself as some sort of Z list celebraty, to be photographed at every available opportunity she can. Why? She's is not even very pretty.
See picture in Amsterdam for confirmation laughing like a horse!
IT really isn't about Madeleine anymore, if it ever was, but all about her getting herself in the press, at any cost.
However, back to their, imo, inexplicable, stupidity of now biting, in this case gnawing it right off, the hand that has fed them so well for so long (NOTW) and, by association, News International.
I cannot believe that this castigation of their former most loyal sycophantic supporters would have been approved by the Pink one , in any shape or form.
IMO, they saw what the deserving Dowlers were offered by NI recently (£2 MILLION) and "wanted some of THAT!"
BIG MISTAKE.
Their greed knows no bounds.
The Sun newspaper has access to all the information we have in this forum and just a few well placed questions, the kind of questions that the press have NEVER asked, about Madeleines 'disappearance' will see the money grabbers, the T7 and the wider McCann/Healy families rushing out on a shopping spree for BROWN trousers!
This pair of money grabbing, publicity seeking, self confessed child neglectors, who have personally pofited (by means of PRIVATE 'fund') which they completely control and is used personally to support their whole clan, wider family, by excessive exposure, provided by NI
6 full front pages in the Sun publicising the self indulgent booooook , Madeleine by KM, May 2011. Surely they will rue this day, won't they?
"MENTALLY RAPED" by NOTW!
A bigger faux pas than even GM saying publicly 'that there's no evidence to implicate US in her (Madeleines) DEATH' 23rd September 2009.
I don't know, if they realise that only the NOTW has stopped running but that it's stable mate the Sun is still publishing and that particular paper is owned by NI!!
The very same NI that GM said of, in praise, in an interview with Jeremy Vine on 12th May 2011 and i quote "we are very grateful to News International for backing the campaign"
NOW GM says that his wife was MENTALLY RAPED by the very same NI he so lavishly praised a few short months ago!
MENTALLY RAPED?
the only people that were mentally raped in this whole sorry saga were, imo, a group of handicapped kids that struggled to raise a few pounds and, misgiuded now it seems, donated it to their private 'fund' in the belief that the money would be used for a REAL 'search', not as it now transpires, to fund endless cases of litigation against anyone that dare has the temerity to question and oppose THEIR 'version' of events surrounding Madeleines disappearance!
Disgusting, dispicable, pair of moey grabbing parasites.
There is no other peoples personal tradegies, anywhere in the world, no matter how small, that these two narcissists will not try to hijack for their own self seeking publicity.
MENTALLY RAPED?
I don't think so!
For once i hope the Murdoch press, NI, NewsCorp and SKY, goes full bore against G&KM ( and i don't give a toss where they get their information from, hacking, computer hacking, blagging, pinging, i really don't care!) and finally we get some sort of justice for a defenceless little girl.
Just to add, finally, would i be right in assuming that Antonia Lazzeri must be absolutely fuming that her colleagues within the NI group she is working for were 'mentally raping' her saintly, heroine KM?
Surely she'll offer her resignation this afternoon rather than carry on working with such dispicable journalists!
Somehow i don't think so, do you?
I fully EXPECT though that the McCanns will be doing, right now, every grovelling apologetic statement they can to NI to stop them printing 'the TRUE story' of Madeleines 'disappearance!

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Sat 19 Nov - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 Nov - 14:35

Another excerpt from Kate"s Diary......just what is it that makes the McCanns so invincible? After almost 5 years there is not a whiff of
bad publicity, is the Press still prepared to concede to Mitchell"s demand that they do not criticise the Mccanns or they will be barred from
receiving information?

"[color:fa78=000000]According
to Kate's notes, the days started or ended with meetings, phone calls
and
emails. Cherie Blair,
the wife of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown's predecessor, was one of Kate's
contacts, as demonstrated by the
reports of the 17th of
July. Before Kate gives Sky News an interview, she speaks with Cherie,
who agrees to make a 20 second
videoclip about Maddie
for the English channel. On that same day, Blair himself pledges
assistance and makes himself available
for whatever is needed.

Kate's notes:

"Left
a message for Gordon
Brown to call us in
order to increase the political pressure" – Kate McCann, 23rd of May

"Gordon
Brown called
and spoke with Gerry –
very sympathetic and gave strength. Somewhat emotive feeling afterwards"
– Kate McCann,
23rd of May

"Clarence spoke to us about a possible visit to the Vatican. Rome is already preparing itself. Francis
Campbell was spoken to" – Kate McCann, 27th of May"
……………………….
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 17 Nov - 15:10

Gerry McCann's head looks flat, instead of having a dome-shaped skull, as though a block of concrete had been dropped on it!

Leveson Inquiry: Kate McCann felt 'mentally raped' after NOTW published private diary 1f6f36cb-90a0-4def-9806-f1a759006180.Full
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 Nov - 15:41

This is a message for bbb1 at Jatyk who I have just been informed is yet again snooping on this Forum and singled me out , not, for the first
time. You will be relieved to know that I decided hours ago not to write to leveson when posters here pointed out where his allegiance lies
and the reason the McCanns were invited to attend the enquiry.

Have you got nothing better to do than spy? Shame on you.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 17 Nov - 15:55

Panda

I have a feeling this Leveson Enquiry is all about "going through the motions". At the end it will have given many people an income and nothing much will be done, except for a few "lambs which will be thrown to the slaughter" - it will be a waste of taxpayers money yet again.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 Nov - 16:03

Angelique wrote:Panda

I have a feeling this Leveson Enquiry is all about "going through the motions". At the end it will have given many people an income and nothing much will be done, except for a few "lambs which will be thrown to the slaughter" - it will be a waste of taxpayers money yet again.

What annoys me thought Angelique the NOTW and the Sun paid off the McCanns almost 3 years ago so why not choose a more deserving
case, this wasn"t even a hacking!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 17 Nov - 16:11

Panda

Well - yes - exactly. Which begs the question - "How so" as there is no evidence of hacking.

It is a bit like Blacksmiths latest post - reality seems to have been suspended when it comes to anything starting with the words McCann. Fair enough they did have some terrible headlines but as you say, compensation was given - so what's there to be whining about - are they being invited along to make this Enquiry look good. I would have thought that the "brotherhood" had been exposed enough times already - since this can be the only reason they seem to become attached to anything which may help them accrue even more publicity/money.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 Nov - 16:17

Angelique wrote:Panda

Well - yes - exactly. Which begs the question - "How so" as there is no evidence of hacking.

It is a bit like Blacksmiths latest post - reality seems to have been suspended when it comes to anything starting with the words McCann. Fair enough they did have some terrible headlines but as you say, compensation was given - so what's there to be whining about - are they being invited along to make this Enquiry look good. I would have thought that the "brotherhood" had been exposed enough times already - since this can be the only reason they seem to become attached to anything which may help them accrue even more publicity/money.

When you get a chance, read the whole Diary it"s a real eye-opener.!!!

I"m going to post the gist of the Picture for you and blossom, a shame you can"t see it , it"s very clever.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 Nov - 16:26

The picture is titled "that"s Entertainment"
Shows a couple dancing , the woman in a short sparkly black dress with a split up the side and her leg resting on the man"s thigh. The faces
are Kate and Gerry.

A big black top hat is next to them , upside down with wheels on and "the Bandwagon" written on it. Underneath it says "starring Britains most reviled couple, Kate and Gerry McCann ,, dont miss this special "Dead Kids" performance directed by Clarence Mitchell.

It appeared on twitter and some very clever artist designed it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Thu 17 Nov - 16:59

http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Transcript-of-Afternoon-Hearing-16-November-2011.txt

Transcript:

Mr McCann's evidence will be a perfect example of

6 how hopelessly inadequate this self-regulatory code is

7 as a means of curbing the excesses of the press. He

8 will refer to the blatant intrusion which he and his

9 family suffered throughout, particularly when they were

10 back in the United Kingdom, from the press camping

11 outside their door to how his children were terrified as

12 they were driven around by their parents. He will

13 explain how sensitively the media dealt with this.

14 Moreover, he will explain how in the months

15 following the abduction of Madeleine, the behaviour of

16 the press changed from an attitude of support to one of

17 hostility, a change which he suspects, and we say

18 rightly, was based on the commercial imperative to bring

19 home exclusive stories for editors greedily waiting back

20 in the United Kingdom watching the expenses bills of

21 their journalists mounting up. Apparently journalists

22 were being told, he will say, that they had to get

23 a front page story, or their job was on the line.

24 What happened in those days in late 2007 and into

25 2008, when stories about the missing toddler became thin

1 on the ground and the pack of journalists were sitting

2 idly in the bars, must be some of the darkest days for

3 this section of the press. Some of the headlines that

4 were published, either based on some nonsense supposedly

5 gleaned from the Portuguese police, often on nothing at

6 all, were a national scam, and I list some of those

7 headlines:

8 "DNA puts parents in frame. British experts insist

9 their tests are valid". "Parents' car hid a corpse. It

10 was under carpet in boot, say police". "It was her

11 blood in parents' hire car, new DNA tests report".

12 "Kate and Gerry's sabotage plot". "Maddy's grave,

13 McCanns buried her on beach". "Waiter can prove that

14 parents lied, says Maddy police. What Kate called out".

15 And finally "Maddy sold by hard-up McCanns".

16 And all this despite the fact that the couple had

17 tried through the police to circulate letters to the

18 editors begging them for restraint, especially given the

19 ongoing search for their little girl, but all to no

20 avail.

21 Of course, one thing did eventually work, you'll be

22 pleased to hear. I say you'll be pleased to hear, sir.

23 That depends on whether you are a believer in the Press

24 Complaints Commission or self-regulation. It was

25 a libel complaint that worked, worked at least in the

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 Nov - 17:39

#Thanks annabel, trawled ghrough and this is the only paet which relates to the McCanns as far as I can see:-

MR GARNHAM: A third suggested clarification, sir, is this,

13 and it's in fact me rather seeking a clarification from

14 Mr Sherborne. He mentioned a little while ago that the

15 diary of Mrs McCann had been obtained in some way or

16 other from the police. That obviously caused us

17 a little concern.

18 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: I read that as the Portuguese police.

19 MR SHERBORNE: I thought I had said it was the Portuguese

20 police but if I didn't make that clear, it was the

21 Portuguese police.

22 MR GARNHAM: I'm grateful for that. That will enable --

23 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: As I recollect, and I don't know

24 whether I'm giving evidence of this of what I've read or

25 from the statements, or whether Mr Sherborne said it,

1 the diary was seized by the Portuguese police, and just

2 to make it clear, I have an understanding that the

3 Portuguese authorities required it to be returned with

4 no copies kept, but in some way it found its way to --

5 MR GARNHAM: I suspect that comes from the statement of

6 Mr McCann, but it doesn't matter, as long as the

7 position is dealt with.

a rule 9 or Section 21 request. I don't know.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next