Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga?

+19
Lillyofthevalley
frencheuropean
almostgothic
dazedandconfused
Carolina
ann_chovey
contrary
Bobsy
NoStone
Autumn
dutchclogs
the slave
T4two
Loopdaloop
Badboy
cass
matthew
margaret
Jean-Luc
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Book in French....similar to McCann saga?

Post  NoStone Fri 6 Jan - 20:13

almostgothic wrote:Adam Tudor from CR (cunningly disguised as Officer Crabtree) is hurriedly dispatched by plane to France to harangue the latest offending author.

"It's another bewk" he sighs.
"I was in the lavatory when I got the command. There is obviously no p*ss for the wicked."

Ha Ha!

Fiona Payne = Mimi Labonq

Clarry = Leiutenant Gruber

Tanner =Michelle ( I shall say this this only once)

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324

Last edited by NoStone on Fri 6 Jan - 20:23; edited 1 time in total
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Book in French....similar to McCann saga?

Post  cass Fri 6 Jan - 20:15

margaret wrote:
almostgothic wrote:

Are the parents called Kaput and Gerbil Macand, perchance?

You owe me a keyboard AG, this one's got beer spat all over it. New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324
me too margaret , and allover me uniform . New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 worth it though
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Fri 6 Jan - 21:16

"Ron Murdoch, an ex-convict who served a long sentence in England for pedophilia. "

R...Murdoch ? New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 29204
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 6 Jan - 21:33

NoStone wrote:
- what's French for 'Carry On Doctors?

Carry on Medicins......???

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 294124
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 6 Jan - 22:54

The book has already been ordered in our household and we all look forward to reading it! Le Tour du Roitelet assiégé is in upheaval as we speak and there will be no peace ever for those two because danger always comes from where they least expect it. Ah, le Perfide Albion attaqué par un courageux français.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Fri 6 Jan - 23:10

Without thinking, she takes the body and makes it disappear, before joining the others in the restaurant as if nothing had happened.

How does one make a body disappear and without the body, how can one prove that it was an accident?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 6 Jan - 23:20

frencheuropean wrote:The critics are good, the young writter talentuous and Gallimard is the best known edition. A success most probably with the Mccann story seen with the same eyes than us, "nuttters" on the net. Here is the French summary. Could Anna translate please. Very interesting:

"Enfant étrange, taciturne et solitaire, Madec vit à Granville, avec ses parents et ses deux frères. Alors que la famille est en vacances en Toscane avec un couple d’amis, Madec manque de se noyer dans la piscine. Il est sauvé par un Anglais, Ron Murdoch, un repris de justice qui a purgé une longue peine en Angleterre pour pédophilie. Un soir, tandis que ses parents dînent au restaurant avec leurs amis, Madec se tue accidentellement dans la cuisine du bungalow. Revenant à l’improviste au milieu du repas, Laurence trouve son fils mort sur le carrelage. Sans réfléchir, elle emporte le corps et le fait disparaître, avant de rejoindre les autres au restaurant comme si de rien n’était. De retour au bungalow, la disparition déclenche une alerte générale. Battues, recherches, enquête policière, paparazzi : en quelques jours, les parents deviennent des vedettes. L’oncle de l’enfant orchestre une campagne de presse qui émeut le monde entier - jusqu’au pape Jean- Paul II. Diligentée par un inspecteur italien, l’enquête est suivie en haut lieu par la France. L’Anglais Murdoch est vite accusé d’avoir enlevé et tué Madec. Son passé plaide contre lui… S’inspirant d’un fait divers récent, Arthur Dreyfus décrit avec une ironie souvent cruelle cette famille figée dans son silence et ses lâchetés, et avec une poésie prenante la solitude de Madec. Progressivement s’installe un climat proche de la folie, dans lequel la mère, énigmatique et silencieuse, joue un rôle central. On comprendra peu à peu pourquoi elle cache la mort de son enfant…"

Will do this tomorrow, frencheuropean. Thanks for posting!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 6 Jan - 23:22

I've had a look on Amazon UK and they've got one used copy for £45! Forty-five quid!

Amazon France has the book at €16 and a bit. So, I reckon I'll order it from there!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 6 Jan - 23:23

T4two wrote:Without thinking, she takes the body and makes it disappear, before joining the others in the restaurant as if nothing had happened.

How does one make a body disappear and without the body, how can one prove that it was an accident?
T4TWO,GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8854
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 6 Jan - 23:36

T4two wrote:Without thinking, she takes the body and makes it disappear, before joining the others in the restaurant as if nothing had happened.

I'd say 'got rid of,' the body.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 7 Jan - 0:33

AnnaEsse wrote:

Agree - lost in translation? But the question still remains - how does one get rid of a body 'without thinking', which suggests a spontaneous act, especially in a place where one has only been for a few days and which would therefore be unfamiliar? How the body was concealed and ultimately disposed of is surely a key question which has to be addressed by the investigating authorities. Why this tendency to assume an accident in fact?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 7 Jan - 0:35

Badboy wrote:

T4TWO,GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 306321 Badboy - thank you. I've been following the forum with great interest over the past few months.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 7 Jan - 0:58

NoStone wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Adam Tudor from CR (cunningly disguised as Officer Crabtree) is hurriedly dispatched by plane to France to harangue the latest offending author.

"I was in the lavatory when I got the command. There is obviously no p*ss for the wicked."

Ha Ha!

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324

Clarry is more likely to be

"It is I... LeClar"
and as they gather around, as 'kate ' shall say it only once' (and wont answer any further questions) they then discuss the hiding of 'La Fallen Madarcy, With the big colombola"
It is then Goncarlo and the rest of the police which would be portrayed as ze german swine!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 7 Jan - 6:45

Loopdaloop wrote:
NoStone wrote:

Ha Ha!

Clarry is more likely to be

"It is I... LeClar"
and as they gather around, as 'kate ' shall say it only once' (and wont answer any further questions) they then discuss the hiding of 'La Fallen Madarcy, With the big colombola"
It is then Goncarlo and the rest of the police which would be portrayed as ze german swine!

Ha! Ha! Yes that;s a better cast Loopdaloop. Of course - Kate could not have been the model for the Fallen Maddona with Ze Big Boobies! - perhaps that was Auntie Phil??? New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 7 Jan - 7:41

T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Agree - lost in translation? But the question still remains - how does one get rid of a body 'without thinking', which suggests a spontaneous act, especially in a place where one has only been for a few days and which would therefore be unfamiliar? How the body was concealed and ultimately disposed of is surely a key question which has to be addressed by the investigating authorities. Why this tendency to assume an accident in fact?

I think we'll have to translate as something like, 'without giving it a second thought, she removed the body and got rid of it.'
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 7 Jan - 8:00

AnnaEsse wrote:
T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I think we'll have to translate as something like, 'without giving it a second thought, she removed the body and got rid of it.'

Hmmm... that would have to be one very callous self-centred person.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 7 Jan - 8:25

T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Hmmm... that would have to be one very callous self-centred person.

It would, wouldn't it! But that's how the character is being portrayed. She took the body and got rid of it and then went back to the dinner table.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 7 Jan - 9:29

Well, it is supposed to be a novel and not a true story. I guess the writer is allowed to make stuff up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Sat 7 Jan - 11:25

Well as far as I know we are still allowed to have an imagination. Too bad for the doctors. There's nowt they can do about this. Isn't it marvellous!?? I'm ecstatic.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 7 Jan - 11:27

the slave wrote:Well as far as I know we are still allowed to have an imagination. Too bad for the doctors. There's nowt they can do about this. Isn't it marvellous!?? I'm ecstatic.

Looks like a good read and I'll order it from Amazon France.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 7 Jan - 11:28

Sadly my French is poor to non existent, so I do hope that we get the chance to read a version in English at some point. I'm excited that it's been printed and sold and sad that I can't read it - yet.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 7 Jan - 11:30

dazedandconfused wrote:Sadly my French is poor to non existent, so I do hope that we get the chance to read a version in English at some point. I'm excited that it's been printed and sold and sad that I can't read it - yet.

It could become my next project!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Sat 7 Jan - 11:55

Ron Murdoch OMG New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 613255 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 WHERE CAN I BUY HIS BOOK New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 23324
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 7 Jan - 12:17

AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:Sadly my French is poor to non existent, so I do hope that we get the chance to read a version in English at some point. I'm excited that it's been printed and sold and sad that I can't read it - yet.

Fingers crossed New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 25346
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 7 Jan - 15:15

dazedandconfused wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Fingers crossed New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 2 25346

Thank you for your confidence!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next