Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga?

+19
Lillyofthevalley
frencheuropean
almostgothic
dazedandconfused
Carolina
ann_chovey
contrary
Bobsy
NoStone
Autumn
dutchclogs
the slave
T4two
Loopdaloop
Badboy
cass
matthew
margaret
Jean-Luc
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 Empty Re: New Book in French....similar to McCann saga?

Post  kathybelle Sun 8 Jan - 18:26

margaret wrote:
almostgothic wrote:

Are the parents called Kaput and Gerbil Macand, perchance?

You owe me a keyboard AG, this one's got beer spat all over it. New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 23324 New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 23324

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 306321 Margaret, I need some screen wash. I spat coffee on my computer screen when I read Almost Gothics post and I've got a sore stomach from laughing. New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 23324
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 Empty Re: New Book in French....similar to McCann saga?

Post  kathybelle Sun 8 Jan - 18:33

frencheuropean wrote:I don't think that the
Mccanns and Carter Ruck will sue the author for the book. That would make a fantastic publicity for "Belle famille", boost the sales, irritate the French who could start to poke their nose in their fairy tale and for, probably ,no result. A lot are very sceptical about them and their story.
the Mccanns are not that stupid, or?

New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 306321 French European, I think the McCanns will do what they did with Goncalo Amaral's book. When "The Truth of the Lie" was first released the McCanns were asked if they had read it, they said they had and it was a load of rubbish. They then waited until the book had amassed what they thought was a small fortune and that is when they decided to sue Goncalo Amaral. I believe they will do the same with this new book, although they never sued the author of a book which contained similar information to Goncalo Amaral's book, so maybe the McCanns are only after Goncalo's blood.

Who knows what is going on inside of the heads of the "gruesome twosome"
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sun 8 Jan - 20:22

On what grounds could they possibly sue? This fictional story bears no relation to the abduction of Madeleine.

If a film of the book will clarry have fun picking the cast like he wanted to do when tm thought a film would be a good idea.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 8 Jan - 21:25

jay2001 wrote:On what grounds could they possibly sue? This fictional story bears no relation to the abduction of Madeleine.

If a film of the book will clarry have fun picking the cast like he wanted to do when tm thought a film would be a good idea.

The McCanns have no grounds to sue Goncalo Amaral for around £1million, but it isn't stopping them trying. When the McCanns lost the last two appeals regarding Goncalo Amaral's book "The Truth of the Lie" The Appeals Court Judge and the Supreme Court Judge, both came to the same conclusion that there was nothing in the book that warranted a permanent ban.

Regarding Arthur Dreyfus's book, the McCanns could say that the author has use Madeleine's circumstances to write the book including the statement that Goncalo Amaral made, where he believes Madeleine came to harm in the McCanns holiday apartment. In other words the child in Arthur Dreyfus's book, was alone in their holiday apartment when she came to harm and Madeleine was alone in the McCanns apartment when she was supposedly abducted.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Jan - 23:10

kathybelle wrote:
jay2001 wrote:On what grounds could they possibly sue? This fictional story bears no relation to the abduction of Madeleine.

The McCanns have no grounds to sue Goncalo Amaral for around £1million, but it isn't stopping them trying. When the McCanns lost the last two appeals regarding Goncalo Amaral's book "The Truth of the Lie" The Appeals Court Judge and the Supreme Court Judge, both came to the same conclusion that there was nothing in the book that warranted a permanent ban.

Regarding Arthur Dreyfus's book, the McCanns could say that the author has use Madeleine's circumstances to write the book including the statement that Goncalo Amaral made, where he believes Madeleine came to harm in the McCanns holiday apartment. In other words the child in Arthur Dreyfus's book, was alone in their holiday apartment when she came to harm and Madeleine was alone in the McCanns apartment when she was supposedly abducted.

That's right, the child in the book cut himself with a meat fork and died, but there's no evidence at all that Madeleine has come to any harm. How can the two stories possibly be related? New Book in French....similar to McCann saga? - Page 4 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Jan - 23:54

I've been sent the prologue and I'll try to get it translated tomorrow. Many thanks to frencheuropean.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4