Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a pro or an anti?

+21
ELI
amber
Angelina
kitti
margaret
malena stool
chrissie
Chris
marxman
Justiceforallkids
Velvet
tigger
T4two
dutchclogs
gillyspot
flower
matthew
Oldartform
Lioned
pennylane
Autumn
25 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 Empty Re: What is a pro or an anti?

Post  flower Wed 18 Jan - 22:34

flower wrote:
jodel wrote:
flower wrote:
jodel wrote:
flower wrote:

Thank you for your answer jodel. Can I ask if you could convince me that (A) happened as opposed to (C)....

I cannot convince myself of that. How then could I convince you?

I appreciate that - but any discussions regarding how the 'Abduction' could have occured I think would be welcome on this forum..............

I am not able to go beyond the very limited information that we have that could decide between homicide and abduction. I do believe both to be possible, but neither to be provable.

That is my point though - I would welcome your thoughts on how an abduction could be possible - I can see hoe (C) is possible - but I have no thoughts on how an abduction could be possible - I only ask how an abduction could be possible in your mind..............

Thanks jodel - I think my thoughts have been lost amongst other posts.......... at least you debate without sarcasm bullying............
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 22:35

ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:

The reliability and credibility of these dogs aren’t in question, neither is the fact that the analysis of the samples found as a result of the dogs detections could not conclusively rule out the possibility and probability that they came from Madeleine McCann. The DNA appears to be a partial match which can be used in court proceedings. Therefore it is admissable should this case ever get to court.

Whatever the reliability and credibility of the dogs, their reactions are not admissible as evidence in court.

The interpretation of the DNA in the Scenic by the FSS was that it was not indicative that it came from Madeleine:

"A complex LCN DNA result which appeared to have originated from at least three people was obtained from cellular material recovered from the luggage compartment section 286C 2007 CRL10 (2) area 2. Within the DNA profile of Madeline McCann there are 20 DNA components represented by 19 peaks on a chart. At one of the areas of DNA we routinely examine Madeleine has inherited the same DNA component from both parents; this appears therefore as 1 peak rather than 2, hence 19 rather than 20. Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total. There are 37 components because there are at least 3 contributors; but there could be up to five contributors. In my opinion therefore this result is too complex for meaningful interpretation/inclusion."

The lab says that the presence of these markers cannot be interpreted in a meaningful manner.

Read the conclusion of the report which cleary states the evidence found ( which was a result of the dogs detections ) could neither rule out nor rule in the possibility of it being deposited by Madeleine McCann.

“ In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify WHETHER or NOT the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.”

In other words inconclusive which is by no stretch of the imagination an exclusion and is never absolute. - It looks like a partial match which can be used as evidence in court proceedings.

Totally agree. The results were inconclusive. To the annoyance of the Pros this does not excuse the McCanns , to the annoyance of the Antis it does not convict the McCanns. To me it is just another insufficient inconclusive result- along with many others.

In other words inconclusive which is by no stretch of the imagination an exclusion and is never absolute. - It looks like a partial match which can be used as evidence in court proceedings, much to the annoyance of the pro's who do not want to see the McCann in court.

Inconclusive means inconclusive. The result neither increase nor decrease the possibility that Madeleine McCann contributed to the sample from the Scenic.

This is the case because it is equally possible:

1/ That Madeleine contributed to the sample
2/ That Madeleine did not contributed to the sample

giving it am evidentiary value of zero.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 140
Warning :
What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 18 Jan - 22:40

The End Is Nigh wrote:
jodel wrote:

One could. One could also say that Antis are people who for whatever reason dislike the parents and the Pros are people who for whatever reason like the parents.

Absolute nonsense . More generalisation and tarring people with the same brush. Deplorable.

You are repeatedly and overtly trying to make out that everyone's view is polarised - apart from your own. What rot.

totally agree TEIN, jodel is boiling it down to very simplistic poles.
But as the old salvation army saying goes 'Its not the criminal I dislike
but the crime that they commit' So am I still an anti?
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 22:40

flower wrote:
flower wrote:
jodel wrote:
flower wrote:
jodel wrote:

I cannot convince myself of that. How then could I convince you?

I appreciate that - but any discussions regarding how the 'Abduction' could have occured I think would be welcome on this forum..............

I am not able to go beyond the very limited information that we have that could decide between homicide and abduction. I do believe both to be possible, but neither to be provable.

That is my point though - I would welcome your thoughts on how an abduction could be possible - I can see hoe (C) is possible - but I have no thoughts on how an abduction could be possible - I only ask how an abduction could be possible in your mind..............

Thanks jodel - I think my thoughts have been lost amongst other posts.......... at least you debate without sarcasm bullying............

Thanks. It is pleasant to debate without abuse and other silly insults. I have been nothing but polite and rational here, yet several people seem to think that their case is advanced by using abuse and sarcasm which is a little sad.

I have a totally open mind on the matter and this seems to annoy both camps, whatever we call them.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 18 Jan - 22:40

[quote="jodel]I neither like nor dislike them and have no way of knowing what really happened.[/quote]

Are you a sentient being?

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 22:41

marxman wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
jodel wrote:

One could. One could also say that Antis are people who for whatever reason dislike the parents and the Pros are people who for whatever reason like the parents.

Absolute nonsense . More generalisation and tarring people with the same brush. Deplorable.

You are repeatedly and overtly trying to make out that everyone's view is polarised - apart from your own. What rot.

It all depends on what crime was committed and by whom. And who decides that.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 22:42

Oldartform wrote:[quote="jodel]I neither like nor dislike them and have no way of knowing what really happened.

Are you a sentient being?

[/quote]

Do you have no manners?
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Wed 18 Jan - 22:42

jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:

Whatever the reliability and credibility of the dogs, their reactions are not admissible as evidence in court.

The interpretation of the DNA in the Scenic by the FSS was that it was not indicative that it came from Madeleine:

"A complex LCN DNA result which appeared to have originated from at least three people was obtained from cellular material recovered from the luggage compartment section 286C 2007 CRL10 (2) area 2. Within the DNA profile of Madeline McCann there are 20 DNA components represented by 19 peaks on a chart. At one of the areas of DNA we routinely examine Madeleine has inherited the same DNA component from both parents; this appears therefore as 1 peak rather than 2, hence 19 rather than 20. Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total. There are 37 components because there are at least 3 contributors; but there could be up to five contributors. In my opinion therefore this result is too complex for meaningful interpretation/inclusion."

The lab says that the presence of these markers cannot be interpreted in a meaningful manner.

Read the conclusion of the report which cleary states the evidence found ( which was a result of the dogs detections ) could neither rule out nor rule in the possibility of it being deposited by Madeleine McCann.

“ In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify WHETHER or NOT the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.”

In other words inconclusive which is by no stretch of the imagination an exclusion and is never absolute. - It looks like a partial match which can be used as evidence in court proceedings.

Totally agree. The results were inconclusive. To the annoyance of the Pros this does not excuse the McCanns , to the annoyance of the Antis it does not convict the McCanns. To me it is just another insufficient inconclusive result- along with many others.

In other words inconclusive which is by no stretch of the imagination an exclusion and is never absolute. - It looks like a partial match which can be used as evidence in court proceedings, much to the annoyance of the pro's who do not want to see the McCann in court.

Inconclusive means inconclusive. The result neither increase nor decrease the possibility that Madeleine McCann contributed to the sample from the Scenic.

An inconclusive result does not rule anyone out, an exclusion does just as an inclusion conclusively rules someone in. If it is considered to be a partial DNA match, which it certainly looks like then it can be used as evidence, giving it a just a tad more value than zero.

ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Jan - 22:42

jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
ELI wrote:

I can only quote what is laid down in the police standards which I presume is law as I haven't followed any other cases, however if I'm not mistaken the report by Martin Grimes does state cases where the dogs detections have led to crimminal convictions.

If those police standards state that something may become evidence, that is enough. There is no need then to find individual cases.

This is how myths and misunderstandings start- partial and biased interpretation. The statement above does not say that dog reactions can be used as evidence.

What it says exactly is:

"The standards required to become operational are laid down by the ACPO sub-committee on police dogs and are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that training and licensing reflects the most appropriate methods & standards. These records may be discoverable in court proceedings and may become evidence of the canine team’s reliability, the type and amount of training that the team has experienced before and after certification and all confirmed operational outcomes can be used as a factor in determining their capability and credibility."

It says that the evidence of the dogs' training and licensing may be produced in court to evidence their reliability in indicating evidence.

It does not say that a dog's reaction can be used as evidence in court. That has never happened and would not be legal.

What this says is that evidence of, say, the training and reliability of a drugs dog can be quoted in court to give credence to the subsequent discovery of drugs in a building etc.

I will accept that dog's direct indications of anything may be part of a trial in the UK if ANY such reference from a newspaper or other court report is produced showing that such dog evidence has ever been admitted into a UK court. Should be easy to find- if it exists!

You're sounding more and more like someone who has been here before. Eddie and Keela have over 200 successful missions to their credit. That is what matters. Since they cannot speak, their findings have to be backed up with forensic evidence, which of course is not always possible. Odours linger, even for us humans, long after their source has gone. And EVRD canines are trained to detect odour, just that. Cadaver odour can linger years after a body has been in a place and that's where those dogs come into their own.

Having said that, we do have new members, from time to time, who seem to home in on anything to do with those dogs. I'm not sure why.

I have not been 'here' before but I have read the files in some detail. I also know a little criminal law and Judges Rules do not allow canine indications to be used in evidence in British Courts.

I am willing to withdraw this assertion if anyone can produce Evidence of dog's reactions being admitted as evidence in UK courts- fair enough?

Oh, here we go, now you also know a little criminal law. Are we supposed to be impressed? Well guess what, some of us know quite a lot of criminal law, and it was learned at a proper University, not the University of Wikipedia. And how would you know what people are "convinced" of when you don't even know them, that really is an arrogant and an ignorant generalisation to make and it is not welcome here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 22:43

jodel wrote:
marxman wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
jodel wrote:

Well, hopefully one of these days the case will get to a court of law and those presiding will decide.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Jan - 22:46

jodel wrote:

I have a totally open mind on the matter and this seems to annoy both camps, whatever we call them.

Both Camps?

I simply don't buy this.

Most people are, like you claim to be, "somewhere in the middle".

If you truly believe in open-minded debate, how about dropping the generalisations?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 18 Jan - 22:47

Could an Abduction have occured without neglect ?

Why did gerry claim the shutters had been 'jemied' ?

Where the doors open or locked ?

Where the 'sniffer' dogs high on glue or sensitive to blood and cadavarine ?

Did the parents mccann leave their three babies alone any other nights ?

Why after nearly five years are their 'posters' who frequent internet 'hate' sites who remain undecided whether or not the parents are decent people.

Pro or Anti ? Opinions were formed within hours of reports that these doctors had left their babies 'home alone' .There are no 'fence sitters',those who describe themselves as such inevitably end up defending the actions of the parents.

The mccanns are extraordinarily bad people.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 22:48

ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:

An inconclusive result does not rule anyone out, an exclusion does just as an inclusion conclusively rules someone in. If it is considered to be a partial DNA match, which it certainly looks like then it can be used as evidence, giving it a just a tad more value than zero.

I think that you are wrong. For this result to be placed before a jury, it would have to be supported by an expert opinion on its evidentiary value. There are two possible cases-

1/Madeleine contributed to the sample
2/Madeleine did not contribute to the sample.

The expert witness would be asked to give the probability of each in turn. As either result is equally possible (which is what inconclusive means) the expert would have to state that to be the case and that would destroy it as evidence.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 22:50

jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:

I think that you are wrong. For this result to be placed before a jury, it would have to be supported by an expert opinion on its evidentiary value. There are two possible cases-

The expert witness would be asked to give the probability of each in turn. As either result is equally possible (which is what inconclusive means) the expert would have to state that to be the case and that would destroy it as evidence.

An inconclusive result neither rules in nor rules out.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Wed 18 Jan - 22:50

jodel wrote:
flower wrote:
flower wrote:
jodel wrote:
flower wrote:

Thanks. It is pleasant to debate without abuse and other silly insults. I have been nothing but polite and rational here, yet several people seem to think that their case is advanced by using abuse and sarcasm which is a little sad.

Ok - and thanks for that.................... but I would like you to answer the question of how - in your mind only - that an abduction could be possible.....................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 18 Jan - 22:51

jodel wrote:
marxman wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:
jodel wrote: One could. One could also say that Antis are people who for whatever reason dislike the parents and the Pros are people who for whatever reason like the parents.
Absolute nonsense . More generalisation and tarring people with the same brush. Deplorable. You are repeatedly and overtly trying to make out that everyone's view is polarised - apart from your own. What rot.
totally agree TEIN, jodel is boiling it down to very simplistic poles. But as the old salvation army saying goes 'Its not the criminal I dislike but the crime that they commit' So am I still an anti?

i would like now to be referred to as a.......Proanti
Got a nice ring to it.
anyway, good night What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 391499
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ELI Wed 18 Jan - 22:54

jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:

We've had an expert ' opinion' ;

“ In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify whether or not the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.”

Opinions vary considerably and in a case such as this any forensic results should have been given in terms of probabilities - Failure to exclude a "match" is not absolute, when a person is not excluded as being the source of an evidentiary DNA profile , the strength of the evidence should be given in terms of probabilities and in relation to other evidence.

That we have yet to see don't we.

must go , pleasure chatting What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 25346

Last edited by ELI on Wed 18 Jan - 22:57; edited 1 time in total
ELI
ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 22:56

Lioned wrote:Could an Abduction have occured without neglect ?

Why after nearly five years are their 'posters' who frequent internet 'hate' sites who remain undecided whether or not the parents are decent people.

Pro or Anti ? Opinions were formed within hours of reports that these doctors had left their babies 'home alone' .There are no 'fence sitters',those who describe themselves as such inevitably end up defending the actions of the parents.

Could an Abduction have occured without neglect ?
No

I don't know

I don't know

Keela was never sensitive to Cadaverine. Eddie was sensitive to both
I don't know
Because some people do not feel the need to vent their anger in public

Pro or Anti ? Opinions were formed within hours of reports that these doctors had left their babies 'home alone'.
Speak for yourself
There are no 'fence sitters',those who describe themselves as such inevitably end up defending the actions of the parents.
I stand as a counter example- I think the McCanns were incredibly misguided in leaving the children alone.
In the Pantheon of Evil, they are pretty mundane
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Jan - 22:59

Misguided by whom?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 23:00

ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:
jodel wrote:
ELI wrote:

We've had an expert ' opinion' ;

“ In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify whether or not the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.”

Opinions vary considerably and in any case such as this any forensic results should have been given in terms of probabilities - Failure to exclude a "match" is not absolute, when a person is not excluded as being the source of an evidentiary DNA profile , the strength of the evidence should be given in terms of probabilities and in relation to other evidence.

That we have yet to see don't we.

must go , pleasure chatting What is a pro or an anti? - Page 7 25346

Nice attempt at a drive-by!

If you understood the genetics, the chances of getting the same result from the mixture of five otherwise unrelated people from Northern Europe (and in no way admitted to the McCanns) is better than fifty per cent. This is what was meant by the throw away comment about a group of random people in the FSS lab having the same markers.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 23:02

Iris wrote:Misguided by whom?

Misguided in their moral choice.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 23:03

jodel wrote:

By whom though, have they been misguided in their moral choice?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Jan - 23:04

jodel wrote:

Oh, misguided by morals, that's a new one. And are they also as rude as you, coming on here and telling people that they "don't understand" stuff?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 23:05

AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

By whom though, have they been misguided in their moral choice?

Misguided by their own set of values.

People may be simply misguided without there being a person to cause the misguiding.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 18 Jan - 23:06

[quote="Jodel] I have been nothing but polite and rational here[/quote]

Which the most seriously antagonistic people always are.

Enuff for today.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next