Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would be in the net??

+11
tigger
ann_chovey
jd16
kitti
jinvta
dazedandconfused
Lillyofthevalley
nospinnaker
matthew
Oldartform
margaret
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would be in the net?? Empty Who would be in the net??

Post  NoStone Thu 2 Feb - 17:09

If you were in charge of the investigation and had sufficient evidence to make arrests and question folks - who would you cast your net across and pull in for questioning - you know - those dawn raids pulling people into different police stations across various parts of the country.

This is worth thinking about as the net would be a wide one would it not - not just K&G Mc's and the Tapas crew - but those who may be in some sort of know - Priests, police, journalists. So who would you include? Of course some folk might be called to support any possible prosecution!

Just wondering. Who would be in the net?? 857143
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
Who would be in the net?? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who would be in the net?? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Who would be in the net?? Empty Re: Who would be in the net??

Post  NoStone Thu 2 Feb - 18:15

Ok then..if that's too difficult a question- say the girl was found in errr - Morroco - safe and well! (If only) Who would you call upon as witnesses to an abduction - G&K Mc's and JT? Based on what? Based on which of JT's statements - the egg-man carrying a bundle or the one after she had applied cognative memory?? Then who else????????

NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :
Who would be in the net?? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who would be in the net?? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 2 Feb - 18:22

I'd haul in the tapas lot (not sure about Diane Webster), Clarence Mitchell and Brian Kennedy.

I'd like to say in dawn raids too but that would upset their children who are innocent so l'd invite them down to the station and then promptly arrest them.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Thu 2 Feb - 18:46

Maybe not a dawn raid but a very prompt arrest without time to get on the phone. I`d pull in the ones most likely to crack and feeling guilty, maybe JT, DW and KM.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 2 Feb - 19:10

as well as tap n cans

amanda ? who kate phoned on the 1st may

michael wright-access to scenic

sandy/trish cameron-acces to scenic

if done earlier...could of saved the home office/sy about 3.499999 million pounds
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Thu 2 Feb - 19:31

I would interview all the Tapas group, all the waiters and nannies, the cleaners, the Gaspars, all those who come forward with witness statements.

I would interview the family, the Murats, all the helpers, solicitors, window installers and the like. And the priest, the GNR members who attended. The dog handler, the inflatable billboard people, the resort management, the social worker lady, the nanny who went to Canada. I would make informal approaches to the Pope and his people and have very long talks with Senor Amaral and all his colleagues. I would talk to colleagues of the McCanns, friends, neighbours, and he like.

I would insist on a complete breakdown of finances, credit cards, phone and text records - and Madeleine's medical records.

Then I would have reconstruction. I would insist the parents and their chums took part, and I would substitute actors if anyone wads missing. I would film the reconstruction, and show it on TV asking for more information and at the same time demonstrating whether the time line suggested by the doctors was possible.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 2 Feb - 19:37

"The priests also know very well what happened that night.”
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Thu 2 Feb - 19:57

Susan Healy, Catriona Baker, the Hubbards, Fiona Payne.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 2 Feb - 19:59

AUNTY PHIL AND UNCLE JOHN Who would be in the net?? 849426
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 2 Feb - 21:02

'she's gone, mum, she's gone'.....Susan healey....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 2 Feb - 21:21

nospinnaker wrote:I would interview all the Tapas group, all the waiters and nannies, the cleaners, the Gaspars, all those who come forward with witness statements.

I would interview the family, the Murats, all the helpers, solicitors, window installers and the like. And the priest, the GNR members who attended. The dog handler, the inflatable billboard people, the resort management, the social worker lady, the nanny who went to Canada. I would make informal approaches to the Pope and his people and have very long talks with Senor Amaral and all his colleagues. I would talk to colleagues of the McCanns, friends, neighbours, and he like.

I would insist on a complete breakdown of finances, credit cards, phone and text records - and Madeleine's medical records.

Then I would have reconstruction. I would insist the parents and their chums took part, and I would substitute actors if anyone wads missing. I would film the reconstruction, and show it on TV asking for more information and at the same time demonstrating whether the time line suggested by the doctors was possible.

Think you've got everything covered there.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Fri 3 Feb - 1:20

I'd want all the OC guests who were dining in the Tapas Bar at same time as McCanns and friends on the evening of 3rd May to be questioned. Most have not given statements which to me seems very strange.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 3 Feb - 5:03

Autumn wrote:
I'd want all the OC guests who were dining in the Tapas Bar at same time as McCanns and friends on the evening of 3rd May to be questioned. Most have not given statements which to me seems very strange.

I suppose it is possible that some of these statements may have been witheld if they clearly contradict the tapas statements of their checking schedule and who was at dinner that evening.

I agree with Matthew that all of this should have been the first thing done by the Met, including lie detectors for all tapas member. If refused, then the investigation should have ceased right then and there.

I believe that Oldfield is the most likely to crack and I would have started with him, followed closely by Tanner.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 3 Feb - 7:31

Tanner doesnt even like GM so I don't know why she lied for him.....unless she lied for someone else.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 3 Feb - 8:31

kitti wrote:'she's gone, mum, she's gone'.....Susan healey....

Who, imo, knew already that Maddie wouldn't be coming back. 'She's gone', very much like 'We've let her down', can only make sense if there was a condition beforehand that could end with 'She's gone'. It's what we say when someone who's been ill has just died.

Kate (mccannfiles) had a spat with her mother in June, I think it's in the diary. Wonder what that was about so soon after 3/5.
So Mrs. H. is definitely in the net, as is John McCann and Philomena. Nothing they heard on the night of 3/5 was news to them, imo.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 3 Feb - 9:57

'it's a disaster'....not a word you would use after your child had been 'abducted'

'Its a disaster'...... word you would use when something didn't quite go to plan or turn out the way it should off.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 10:00

Interesting point.

And the word "disaster" is, it seems, like a clarion call to Clarence, whether it be missing children or sunken Cruise ships.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 3 Feb - 10:04

Maybe GM was speaking about himself and the impact it will have on his life and career.

What did he say about his missing child.....'the .........finds herself In'.....that says it all really.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 10:08

I know - the sympathetic side of me ascribed that to no more than an unfortunate choice of words from someone well versed in "bullshit baffles brains" Management speak who was struggling to cope with loss

But that was my thought 5 years ago.

Now I think it was more likely to show a dispassionate and uncaring nature.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Fri 3 Feb - 10:58

kitti wrote:'it's a disaster'....not a word you would use after your child had been 'abducted'

'Its a disaster'...... word you would use when something didn't quite go to plan or turn out the way it should off.....

Agreed Kitti and wonder if something that had been planned to happen went wrong for some reason. Anyone who the tapas lot phoned in the early hours should be thoroughly questioned - if a plan had gone wrong then it would be interesting to know what was discussed with the people they phoned soon after.

Also would be of interest to find out who they phoned and why prior to the 3rd.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 3 Feb - 11:07

kitti wrote:'it's a disaster'....not a word you would use after your child had been 'abducted'

I had this theory that it should have been the 2nd of May and something went wrong then so it had to be moved to the 3rd.
Well, everything went wrong, it was a disaster from Gerry's point of view.
The GNR didn't understand his masonic cry for help.
The shutters wouldn't open.
Instead of half and hour, there was a 5 minutes window for abduction.
If it was Gerry seen by the Smiths, the timing for that was wrong, imo he did go with one of the twins who were comatose anyway, just so an abductor would be seen.
Anybody think of anything else that went wrong? Murat said it was the biggest c....up in history.

Last edited by tigger on Fri 3 Feb - 12:34; edited 1 time in total
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Fri 3 Feb - 11:22

tigger wrote:

I had this theory that it should have been the 2nd of May and something went wrong then so it had to be moved to the 3rd.
Well, everything went wrong, it was a disaster from Gerry's point of view.
The GNR didn't understand his masonic cry for help.
The shutters wouldn't open.
Instead of half and hour, there was a 5 minutes window for abduction.
If it was Gerry seen by the Smiths, the timing for that was wrong, imo he did go with one of the twins who were comatose anyway, just so an abductoe would be seen.
Anybody think of anything else that went wrong? Murat said it was the biggest c....up in history.

Morning tigger I didn't know Murat had said that. Was he referring to him being made arguido?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 3 Feb - 11:45

Autumn wrote:Murat said it was the biggest c....up in history. Morning tigger I didn't know Murat had said that. Was he referring to him being made arguido?

Yes Murat did say this

I believe the Smith sighting was setup by Murat to give him an alibi when he was made suspect but this is for another topic
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 3 Feb - 12:05

I don't believe that theory one bit.

Mr smith would of had to off been in THAT place with his wife, children and grandchild.....not an easy thing to arrange to get everyone out off a place and into another place at a particular time.....children are unpredictable and one person could off needed the loo just at that precise time.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 3 Feb - 12:43

kitti wrote:I don't believe that theory one bit.

Mr smith would of had to off been in THAT place with his wife, children and grandchild.....not an easy thing to arrange to get everyone out off a place and into another place at a particular time.....children are unpredictable and one person could off needed the loo just at that precise time.

The Smiths were incidental, in fact unwanted witnesses. To have an independent witness remembering a man with a child in pyjamas would be good back up for the narrative. That it turned out to be the Smiths, Irish people who even spoke to him, would definitely count as part of a disaster imo.
At a later date Murat was suggested to the Smiths, who denied it was him, because they had seen him around town.
Imo just a resident of PdL who had seen a man carrying a child in particularly those pyjamas, (the twins had the same ones) was required.
Why go to the busiest part of town otherwise? Seems no point in it at all.
Most interesting are the reactions of the McCs, first not interested, completely ignored, different again in the bewk. The Smiths were approached by Brian Kennedy even - I think they decided to have nothing to do with it anymore, however their description fits Gerry very well. The man didn't answer and if it was Gerry - half a word would have given him away as a Glaswegian.
He was just unlucky that instead of one or two witnesses he got a whole Irish family - another part of the disaster?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum