Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would be in the net??

+11
tigger
ann_chovey
jd16
kitti
jinvta
dazedandconfused
Lillyofthevalley
nospinnaker
matthew
Oldartform
margaret
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would be in the net??

Post  pennylane Fri 3 Feb - 14:46

kitti wrote:I don't believe that theory one bit.

Mr smith would of had to off been in THAT place with his wife, children and grandchild.....not an easy thing to arrange to get everyone out off a place and into another place at a particular time.....children are unpredictable and one person could off needed the loo just at that precise time.

Me either, kitti, not at all! Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 36898
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Fri 3 Feb - 16:34

jd16 wrote:
Autumn wrote:Murat said it was the biggest c....up in history. Morning tigger I didn't know Murat had said that. Was he referring to him being made arguido?

Yes Murat did say this

I believe the Smith sighting was setup by Murat to give him an alibi when he was made suspect but this is for another topic

The Drogheda and Estrela da Luz resort Hotel connection is certainly interesting. And who did wipe the footage from the CCTV camera that night?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Empty Robert Murat's "biggest something up in the world"

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 18:16

I've found a Daily Mail story which quotes the comment mentioned earlier - it's near the end.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

The journalist (I use the word loosely) David Jones wrote an article in around September 2007 saying that he was having doubts about the McCanns. By the time Kate's book came out he'd been reprogrammed and he wrote one of the most nauseating reviews I've ever seen, regretting bitterly that he'd ever had doubts!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 3 Feb - 18:27

"Basically, I'm just an ordinary, straightforward guy who's the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet - if you'll excuse the language," he said.

What on earth could he mean I wonder? Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 25346
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 3 Feb - 18:49

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I've found a Daily Mail story which quotes the comment mentioned earlier - it's near the end.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html

The journalist (I use the word loosely) David Jones wrote an article in around September 2007 saying that he was having doubts about the McCanns. By the time Kate's book came out he'd been reprogrammed and he wrote one of the most nauseating reviews I've ever seen, regretting bitterly that he'd ever had doubts!

Yes, I remember that very well, talk about a complete about turn. As if he'd been sent to some gulag for re-education! Disgraceful.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 3 Feb - 19:05

pennylane wrote:

Mr smith would of had to off been in THAT place with his wife, children and grandchild.....not an easy thing to arrange to get everyone out off a place and into another place at a particular time.....children are unpredictable and one person could off needed the loo just at that precise time.

The sighting was in the busiest part of town around 10 pm, somebody - anybody could have seen a man and a child. If it were an abductor it would be a crazy thing to do, besides, you'd expect one to have a car handy.
But if I wanted independent witnesses describing a man carrying a child around that time - it would back up the abduction story.
It just happened to be the Smiths, it could have been anyone, Joe Bloggs, or Manuel the waiter, it was not a matter of coordinating a meeting between Gerry and the Smiths at just the right time, it was just to make sure he was seen by somebody. Unfortunately the Smiths were not the ideal witnesses he was looking for.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 3 Feb - 20:03

Autumn wrote:
jd16 wrote:
Autumn wrote:Murat said it was the biggest c....up in history. Morning tigger I didn't know Murat had said that. Was he referring to him being made arguido?

Yes Murat did say this

I believe the Smith sighting was setup by Murat to give him an alibi when he was made suspect but this is for another topic

The Drogheda and Estrela da Luz resort Hotel connection is certainly interesting. And who did wipe the footage from the CCTV camera that night?
THE OCEANICO OWNERS HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH DROGHEDA AND NORTHWICH,CHESHIRE RESPECTIVELY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Fri 3 Feb - 20:14

Badboy wrote:
Autumn wrote:
jd16 wrote:

Yes Murat did say this

THE OCEANICO OWNERS HAVE CONNECTIONS WITH DROGHEDA AND NORTHWICH,CHESHIRE RESPECTIVELY.

Yes the owners of The Estrela Hotel are Gerry Fagan who comes from Drogheda and Simon Burgess comes from Cheshire. Martin Smith stayed there about 3 times a year and not sure if he owned an apartment in the hotel.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 3 Feb - 20:16

tigger wrote:
pennylane wrote:

The sighting was in the busiest part of town around 10 pm, somebody - anybody could have seen a man and a child. If it were an abductor it would be a crazy thing to do, besides, you'd expect one to have a car handy.
But if I wanted independent witnesses describing a man carrying a child around that time - it would back up the abduction story.
It just happened to be the Smiths, it could have been anyone, Joe Bloggs, or Manuel the waiter, it was not a matter of coordinating a meeting between Gerry and the Smiths at just the right time, it was just to make sure he was seen by somebody. Unfortunately the Smiths were not the ideal witnesses he was looking for.

Hi tigger, tee hee! We keep going around this don't we. Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 294124

I know your theory, but I do not share it. I do not think in any way that the added risk you imply would be taken. I think Gerry had to get from A to B with the body, and back to the Tapas bar fast.... he ran in to the Smiths, and when he returned, he feared he was screwed. That's why he and Kate didn't go out searching that night, they had some serious thinking to do, everything had gone awry .... and that's why old Jane was dragged in to give him an alibi.

I personally agree, for the most part, with Goncalo Amaral's conclusions.... he is one smart cookie (imho) and his theory makes perfect sense to me.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Fri 3 Feb - 20:52

pennylane wrote:
tigger wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Hi tigger, tee hee! We keep going around this don't we. Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 294124

I know your theory, but I do not share it. I do not think in any way that the added risk you imply would be taken. I think Gerry had to get from A to B with the body, and back to the Tapas bar fast.... he ran in to the Smiths, and when he returned, he feared he was screwed. That's why he and Kate didn't go out searching that night, they had some serious thinking to do, everything had gone awry .... and that's why old Jane was dragged in to give him an alibi.

I personally agree, for the most part, with Goncalo Amaral's conclusions.... he is one smart cookie (imho) and his theory makes perfect sense to me.

Would Kool-Calculating-Mr McCann fall into a blind panic and carry a body through the street in his arms? - possibly?? - better to put it in something - a blue tennis bag maybe?

Perhaps he did'nt get the chance to go back to the apartment and get a bag or had to abandon that idea as he would not have wanted to be seen carrying a blue tennis bag at that time of night by Wilkins or anyone else that knew him for that matter. Was Madeleine left lying somewhere in an undergrowth say in case someone else spotted her missing earlier in the day before the 'checks' and the alarm raised in which case the wholly innocent explaination would have been that she had wondered off and had an accident, fallen and died - K&G thinking she was safe in the creche?? They had to have some sort of contingency in case someone unwanted stepped onto the scene and asked questions.

Maybe it would be less inconspicuous to walk a child through the streets carrying her home at that time of night -until the Smit's spotted him that is.

Did the T7 party assembled in Apt 5A act as alibi's to cover for GM's abscence for 20 mins or so whlst he wandered out whilst waiting for the police? Does that explain the delay in calling the police from KM raising the alarm? A question for T7 in any new enquiry - was GM present in the Apt continuously from the alarm being raised to the arrival of the police?

What does then fit though is the Brookes sighting of a couple in a panic in the dark early hours of that morning when everyone had gone to bed for a few hours so if GM had dumped in a panic then things would have to be moved before the search resumed at dawn. Another question for T7 in a new enquiry - how long did you stay with G&K that night/morning and what time did you go to bed? Just wondering! Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 857143
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Who would be in the net?? - Page 2 Empty Journalists not toeing the party line

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 23:16

ann_chovey wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I've found a Daily Mail story which quotes the comment mentioned earlier - it's near the end.

Yes, I remember that very well, talk about a complete about turn. As if he'd been sent to some gulag for re-education! Disgraceful.

If I may wander off topic for a moment I love this clip, starting at about 0.50 when a female reporter asks Gerry something about the report that the fund was used to pay his mortgage. I wonder if she's back from Siberia yet! As for Gerry's reaction to the question, the politest thing I can say is - what an arrogant tw*t!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJxOzdvp2k&feature=player_embedded#!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum