Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun on Sunday

2 posters

Go down

Sun on Sunday Empty Sun on Sunday

Post  Panda Wed 22 Feb - 16:23

And not a photo of the McCanns in sight....... Sun on Sunday 294124

The Sun next Sunday

A historic announcement
from Britain’s most popular paper

Sun on Sunday The-Sun-on-Sunday__1456458a

Exclusive
By MARTIN PHILLIPS

Last Updated: 22nd February 2012
THE Sun on Sunday has arrived.

Sun on Sunday Btn-have-ur-say83 comments

Related Stories

Next weekend will see the birth of the first ever Sunday edition of your favourite paper.
Rupert Murdoch announced last week that The Sun on Sunday would be coming "very soon". Now that momentous new dawn is here.
From today your favourite paper will be available seven days a week, making every day a Sun day.
Reserve your copy by printing off the form here.
Forty-three years ago when Rupert Murdoch first launched a new-look Sun, we promised that YOU, our readers, would be at the heart of all we do.

HAVE you got a story for The Sun on Sunday? Call The Sun newsdesk on 020 7782 4100

Email
[email=exclusive@the-sun.co.uk?subject=The%20Sun%20on%20Sunday]exclusive@the-sun.co.uk[/email]
Giving our readers what they want has remained our mantra — and that is why you have made us the most popular paper in the English language.

Sun on Sunday SNN2007XYX_1456388a

First dawn ... Rupert Murdoch sees a copy of The Sun come off the presses in 1969Now we are answering your clamour for a Sunday edition of the nation's favourite paper.
You told us it could not come soon enough, and next weekend the historic new edition of The Sun will rise.

Sun on Sunday SNN2001IX-532_1456412a

Sun front pages ... including our first from 1969, leftBack in our very first issue on November 17, 1969, we promised to be a "young, new, virile, campaigning newspaper".
That is exactly what the Sun on Sunday will be too.

Sun on Sunday SNN2001HX-532_1456414a

Famous ... classic Sun headlines from over the yearsJust as we promised when The Sun first rose in 1969, the new edition will not be produced for pundits or for politicians, of whatever shade. It will be produced for you.
Rupert Murdoch said last week: "We will build on The Sun's proud heritage by launching The Sun on Sunday." He added: "I am even more determined to see The Sun continue to fight for its readers and its beliefs."

Sun on Sunday SNN2001RX-532_1456413a

Historic ... front pages that captured moments in timeIt is news, we are sure, that will thrill you, our loyal army of readers.
Following Rupert Murdoch's announcement, Mary Lou Windsor from Mansfield, Notts, wrote to tell us: "The news of The Sun on Sunday launch has made my day — no, correction — it's made my year!

Sun on Sunday SNN2001PX-532_1456415a

Iconic ... Sun front pages"Good luck to you all. Nobody does it better than The Sun's dedicated, hard-working professionals. I'll drink a toast to the birth."
Michael O'Mahoney, from Whittlesey, Cambs, wrote: "I and millions of other readers wish this venture all the best. I hope it will keep fighting for free speech and the truth."
Duncan Sabiston, of Didcot, Oxfordshire, said: "We can now look forward to waking up on a Sunday with our favourite paper. Bring on breakfast in bed!"
When asked about the launch, Labour leader Ed Miliband said: "It's fine, he's entitled to launch a Sunday newspaper."
News International CEO Tom Mockridge told staff last night.
He said: "This is our moment. I am sure every one of us will seize the opportunity to pull together and deliver a great new dawn for The Sun this Sunday."
Sun Editor Dominic Mohan said: "This is a truly historic moment in newspaper publishing and I am proud to be part of it. The Sun's future can now be reshaped as a unique seven-day proposition in both print and digital. Our readers' reaction to the announcement of a seventh-day Sun has been huge and we won't let them down."

Sun on Sunday Chicklet-upBack to top of page
Sun on Sunday Chicklet-rssSun on Sunday Chicklet-shareSun on Sunday Chicklet-emailSun on Sunday Chicklet-print

News

You’ll be Keano for The Sun on SundayYOUR super Sun signs up footie legend Roy Keane to be part of our new edition 10 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2211A---_1457557b
Sex gang is accused of grooming girlsALLEGED victim fell pregnant - another claims being raped while vomitingSun on Sunday Paedo_gang_1457231b
David Cameron: Let’s beat football racistsPM vows never to allow British football to be dragged down again by sick slurs 53 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2202CAMM---_1457576b
Is immigration out of control? 2 in 3 babies have foreign parentsAT least one parent of most London newborns is foreign 81 commentsSun on Sunday Baby_1457562b

• Most Discussed
  • Most Read
  • Just Published

Huge protest march
to cut pump duty
DEMONSTRATION will descend on Parliament to demand cut in petrol prices 33 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2202HOP---_1457_1457623b
£110bn Greek bailout slammed as a failureCRITICS say austerity measures could kill off any chance of growth in country 70 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2210FLAG--_1457581b
Boy aged 5 is saved by stroke operationSTROKE victim has become the youngest person to undergo a new stent op 5 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2229ST-532_1457407b
Susan Boyle has crepe expectationsWATCH VIDEO: Page 3 beauties compete in race as SuBo struggles to flip hers 16 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2221SB1--_1457653b
American troops burn Korans in AfghanistanANGRY Afghans vent their rage at a US airbase with petrol bombs and rocksSun on Sunday SNN2220KOR-532_1457387b
Judge finally lifts
Ryan Giggs gag
JUDGE allows ace to be named as man who Imogen Thomas said was her loverSun on Sunday SNN2203IMM---_1457646b
It’s Roo de Janeiro
at Brazil Carnival
A REVELLER dressed as a giant Wayne Rooney joins Roo — sorry, Rio Carnival 15 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2229ROO-532_1457318b
The girl who can only remember last 24hrsTEENAGER Jess Lydon is trapped in the present due to a rare brain disorder 29 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2219CC-_1457350b
Shamed DSK held over orgy hookersFORMER IMF chief quizzed over claims he ‘pimped’ prostitutes for sex partiesSun on Sunday SNN2209DSK---_1457378b
‘Ken Clarke’s dept won’t be ditched’DOWNING Street denies claims the Ministry of Justice will be axed in a shake-up 19 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2202YH--_1457575b
We’re trading bankers in for pawnbrokersTHE number of tradesmen turning to Britain’s biggest pawnbroker for loans soars 4 commentsSun on Sunday Pawnbrokers_1457502b
Coach victim’s son at bedside of hurt mumGRIEVING son of man killed in school bus crash reunited with his mother and sister Sun on Sunday SNN2220B-532_1457391b
Fertiliser for mum’s cannabis kills lad, 2BOY died after drinking plant food his mum was using to grow cannabis, court hearsSun on Sunday SNN2224A--_1457340b
Maureen lost for 19 hours on the roadsA DRIVER is stopped going wrong way up motorway after 19 hours lost on the road 137 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2225A-_1457417b
RAF veteran peed on town’s war memorialFORMER aircraft engineer branded a disgrace & fined for urinating on monument 34 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2224H--_1457338b
Tragedy of gastric band mother who weighed 19 stoneCLARE White had op to slim down but died days later 28 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2212C---21_02_2_1457627b
‘Dodgy’ sheikh’s £22k bill eviction from flat QATARI royal in bounced-cheque claims also chucked out of his rented apartment Sun on Sunday SNN2218Z--_1457587b
MPs caught in new flipping scandalCHEATING MPs are panned for pulling a fast one in the Westminster pancake race 9 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2221MPS--_1457366b
Tumour baby beat life-threatening illness by learning how to swimBRAVE Rosanna Ogden overcame a heart tumour 43 commentsSun on Sunday SNN2227GA-_1457373b
Leveson Inquiry is ‘chilling’ free speechGOVE says laws already exist to guard against activities that sparked probeSun on Sunday SNN2218GOV---_1457454b
Fabulous mag FREE with Sun this SundayNEW weekend edition will hit news stands with award-winning magazine inside 9 comments
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Sun on Sunday Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sun on Sunday Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Sun on Sunday Empty Re: Sun on Sunday

Post  Lillyofthevalley Wed 22 Feb - 19:13

Just found this poll, doesn't look good for "The Sun on Sunday".... Sun on Sunday 391499 Sun!

msn news poll.

Will you be buying a copy of the new Sun on Sunday newspaper this weekend?

8 % ......Yes, and I'll be buying it every Sunday from now on
830 votes

8 % .....Yes, but I'm not sure I'll buy it regularly
892 votes

12 % ....No, but I might browse a copy if I see it on sale
1,309 votes

72 %..... NO Definitely not, and I never will.......... Sun on Sunday 294124
7,843 votes
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Feb - 22:27

Hi Lilyofthevalley,

Murdoch forgets he was responsible for the closure of the NOTW the oldest and most loved Sunday Paper and that now the Sun, the most popular Daily
is also contaminated . What's the betting the Sun closes down !!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content