Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Express

+17
almostgothic
comperedna
Angelique
pennylane
cass
Panda
squeaker
IAMBAZZA
Karen
Annabel
Chris
Wintabells
jd16
matthew
kathybelle
interested
dazedandconfused
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunday Express - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunday Express

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 8:38

Annabel wrote:They are working extremely hard to solve the case in the sense that they want to be able to say what they believe has happened to the child.

Morning Annabel, Uum, wasn't that what the Portugese were trying to do , without any co=operation from the Parents and their friends.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Sunday Express - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sunday Express - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Apr - 8:40

Iris wrote:
pennylane wrote:Thanks dazed xx

Good comments too.

"Cops still spilling their guts to the papers then?" Sunday Express - Page 2 25346

and

"Yep, arrest and quiz the parents separately. There you go, job done" Sunday Express - Page 2 307691

I can't see any comments. Have they been whooshed?

Morning Iris Sunday Express - Page 2 Icon_flower

Comments are tweets (I believe) contained in the link supplied by dazed in the opening post.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Sunday Express - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sunday Express - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun 8 Apr - 9:55

Morning everyone

My daughter has just arrived from the Algarve, as she knows I am ANTI McCann so I have taken the liberty of showing her all the articles, videos etc etc in relation to Madeleine and she is TOTALLY shocked and states that most of what I am showing her has NEVER been seen in Portugal and Pat Brown wasnt even mentioned, she's never heard of the Smiths and never knew about the "review". She has however informed me that everytime Madeleines name is brought EVERYONE points the finger at the McCanns and that MOST people are no longer interested. She also beleive the case has had effect on tourism.

With regards to the subject at hand, nice to see the word disapearance and not ABDUCTION being used. I dont for one minute beleive Lord and Lady Kate are being informed on the progress, the Yard will tell them just what the "need to know" The Pink Ponce out in full force - two sinking ships to deal with .............................and that hair.

Happy Easter everyone - GOD Bless you all and especially little Maddie on this very special day - her beautiful flower in my garden is in full bloom.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  IAMBAZZA Sun 8 Apr - 10:02

The re-opening of the case is good news for Madeleine, but not good news for her parents. Team McCann will, of course, try to spin it their way (as they are already doing) but if the case is re-opened that will inevitably lead to the Tapas 9 being questioned again - and that can only lead in one direction.

IAMBAZZA
IAMBAZZA

Number of posts : 40
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 10:15

Karen wrote:Morning everyone

My daughter has just arrived from the Algarve, as she knows I am ANTI McCann so I have taken the liberty of showing her all the articles, videos etc etc in relation to Madeleine and she is TOTALLY shocked and states that most of what I am showing her has NEVER been seen in Portugal and Pat Brown wasnt even mentioned, she's never heard of the Smiths and never knew about the "review". She has however informed me that everytime Madeleines name is brought EVERYONE points the finger at the McCanns and that MOST people are no longer interested. She also beleive the case has had effect on tourism.

With regards to the subject at hand, nice to see the word disapearance and not ABDUCTION being used. I dont for one minute beleive Lord and Lady Kate are being informed on the progress, the Yard will tell them just what the "need to know" The Pink Ponce out in full force - two sinking ships to deal with .............................and that hair.

Happy Easter everyone - GOD Bless you all and especially little Maddie on this very special day - her beautiful flower in my garden is in full bloom.

Happy Easter to you too Karen. Yes, you have to hand it to Clarence he always knows how to pull a Rabbit out of the Hat, what would the McCanns
do without him !!!!! Come on Portugal, get these charlatans in Court so that Amaral can prove them liars.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 10:46

She has been drained, wept and suffered.

That sounds like something biblical! And on Easter Sunday!

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 8 Apr - 10:52

I don't believe for one moment that the Met decided to give the Sunday Express an exclusive update on how well everything was going. Will the Met do anything about this? Or will they just ignore it?
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Apr - 11:02

I thought it was Kate who was kept informed, not the Press....but Clarence told the press at the same time to publicise Kate's Book
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 8 Apr - 11:12

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
interested wrote:"On May 23 Kate will attend a reception at Downing Street at which David Cameron will personally back International Missing Children's Day on May 25." Can the Prime Minister "personally" arrest her?

My God, David Cameron has enough problems and yet he can find time to invite her Ladyship to Downing Street ? If he thinks this will win him Kudos he is very much mistaken .

I don't like the look of it either Sunday Express - Page 2 371436
there will be a lot of ppl attending this no doubt . pinky giving the papers the info that lord and lady mcann are soooooo important
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Apr - 11:24

This article is nothing more than a round robin of regurgitated pink spin to promote the queen of fiction's newly updated bewk.

Evidently a SY review has zero bearing on the gruesome twosome's unbridled lust for making money off of Madeleine.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 8 Apr - 11:46

cass wrote:
Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
interested wrote:"On May 23 Kate will attend a reception at Downing Street at which David Cameron will personally back International Missing Children's Day on May 25." Can the Prime Minister "personally" arrest her?

My God, David Cameron has enough problems and yet he can find time to invite her Ladyship to Downing Street ? If he thinks this will win him Kudos he is very much mistaken .

I don't like the look of it either Sunday Express - Page 2 371436
there will be a lot of ppl attending this no doubt . pinky giving the papers the info that lord and lady mcann are soooooo important

If this is so, then IMO the Review has been a total waste of time. It has spent our money on "cooking" instead of investigating.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Sunday Express - Page 2 Empty Cameron could hardly have done otherwise...

Post  comperedna Sun 8 Apr - 11:49

I mean, if holding a reception about 'missing children' at Downing Street, he could hardly have not invited the parents of the most famous missing child in the world, could he? That would surely be prejudging the issue.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 11:53

comperedna wrote:I mean, if holding a reception about 'missing children' at Downing Street, he could hardly have not invited the parents of the most famous missing child in the world, could he? That would surely be prejudging the issue.

I agree, comperedna. Imagine the stink around Rothley Towers if they had not been invited!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Apr - 12:05

AnnaEsse wrote:
comperedna wrote:I mean, if holding a reception about 'missing children' at Downing Street, he could hardly have not invited the parents of the most famous missing child in the world, could he? That would surely be prejudging the issue.

I agree, comperedna. Imagine the stink around Rothley Towers if they had not been invited!

There will probably be loads of other people there. Of course, Pinkie tries to make it sound as though it is for their benefit only!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 12:09

Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

There will probably be loads of other people there. Of course, Pinkie tries to make it sound as though it is for their benefit only!

I fully expect the McCanns to be the only ones photographed as though all the others were merely wallpaper.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Apr - 12:10

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I fully expect the McCanns to be the only ones photographed as though all the others were merely wallpaper.
Yes Anna, that's the sad thing about it. It's like nobody else matters, they even had to hijack the vigil for Claudia Lawrence. They are shameless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 12:17

Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Yes Anna, that's the sad thing about it. It's like nobody else matters, they even had to hijack the vigil for Claudia Lawrence. They are shameless.

And as can be seen quite clearly from the photo of the pair in your signature, they lost a child and slipped very readily into their new-found celeb status.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 8 Apr - 12:19

This Downing Street reception - there certainly will be lots of other people going too, but as usual she has to hog all the publicity, like on the charity runs where the other runners hardly got a look-in.
No special personal invite, but you'd think so if you believed this article.

Just like the Vatican - thousands and thousands of people went to see the Pope, but Mitchell pulled the strings and the undeserving pair got to elbow their way to the front with the UK ambassador.

Mind you, Her Indoors was already believing the Cloud Cuckoo Land spin, even at this point:
"Clarence spoke to us about a possible visit to the Vatican. Rome is already preparing itself."

I turned 64 last week, but I'd have to live many more decades before I came across crazier delusions of grandeur than that.
As Jim Moriarty said to Sherlock in The Reichenbach Fall:
"Honey, you should see me in a crown."

Last edited by almostgothic on Sun 8 Apr - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sun 8 Apr - 12:22

quote..........There will probably be loads of other people there. Of course, Pinkie tries to make it sound as though it is for their benefit only!...........unquote

What? You mean there are other people who have missing children? Are they all receiving the same help and support that the Mccanns are getting?

mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Apr - 12:31

almostgothic wrote:This Downing Street reception - there certainly will be lots of other people going too, but as usual she has to hog all the publicity, like on the charity runs where the other runners hardly got a look-in.
No special personal invite, but you'd think so if you believed this article.

Just like the Vatican - thousands and thousands of people went to see the Pope, but Mitchell pulled the strings and the undeserving pair got to elbow their way to the front with the UK ambassador.

Mind you, Her Indoors was already believing the Cloud Cuckoo Land spin, even at this point:
"Clarence spoke to us about a possible visit to the Vatican. Rome is already preparing itself."

I turned 64 last week, but I'd have to live many more decades before I came across crazier delusions of grandeur than that.
As Jim Moriarty said to Sherlock in The Reichenbach Fall:
"Honey, you should see me in a crown."

Rome is already preparing itself."

That was just truly incredible. As if the Pope, all those at the Vatican and all the people of Rome would have been celebrating the news that the McCanns might be honouring them with their appearance. That must be the strongest indication of the McCanns' narcissism.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 8 Apr - 18:33

kathybelle wrote:
Loopdaloop wrote:

YARD: WE CAN SOLVE MADDIE MYSTERY

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/313305/Yard-We-can-solve-Maddie-mystery
Scotland Yard detectives are confident they can solve Madeleine McCann’s disappearance

Sunday April 8,2012
By James Murray
SCOTLAND Yard detectives are confident they can solve the mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.
They are approaching the huge task of reviewing all known evidence with renewed vigour as the fifth anniversary of the three year old going missing approaches.
A source close to the investigation said: “They are working extremely hard to solve the case in the sense that they want to be able to say what they believe has happened to the child. Their attitude is that it is solvable and they are working to that end.
“The approach is very professional and all officers are committed to doing their very best to understand existing evidence while looking for new evidence. They want definitive answers and are working extremely hard to get to the truth. The investigation is gathering momentum.”
The so-called Maddie Squad is headed by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, one of the Yard’s most respected officers, who has 36 detectives and civilians under him.
She has been drained, wept and suffered. It has been a great mental strain on her
Kate’s mother Susan Healy
Portuguese police sources say he has established an “excellent” working relationship with counterparts in Portugal.
Senior investigator Helen Monteiro, who is in charge of the Portuguese team based in Porto, has made it clear her officers are available to pursue any leads the Yard comes up with.
Liaison officers are keeping Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry informed.
The couple, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have been inundated with requests for interviews to mark the May 3 anniversary but have said they do not wish to say or do anything which could possibly impinge on the Yard review at this stage.
The Sunday Express understands that Leicestershire Police, who have worked closely with Portuguese detectives, have form­ally handed over all their information on the case to the Yard. The files include video interviews and scores of witness statements. “Effectively the Met has now taken over the British side of the investigation,” said a source.

SEARCH UK NEWS for:

While the review gathers pace, Kate McCann has been busying herself by writing a short epilogue to a paperback version of her hardback book, Madeleine, which has sold 350,000 copies in the UK alone since its launch last year. Proceeds from sales continue to fund the search for Madeleine.
The paperback version will be released on May 10, seven days after the anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance in 2007 from a holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz. Kate will refer to the Scotland Yard probe in the new chapter but will not disclose any details of the investigation.
Last month she and Gerry flew to Sweden to promote the hardback version of the book in a drive to raise international awareness of the case.
In an interview with the Swedish magazine Sondag, Kate’s mother Susan Healy said: “Kate has never given up hope that Madeleine will return. She wants to learn the truth and I think it is so important that it comes out.
“It has been a lot of hard work for my daughter to write the book.
“She has been drained, wept and suffered. It has been a great mental strain on her.”
Mrs Healy lives in Liverpool but talks to her daughter every day and often goes to stay with the family in Rothley to offer support and help care for twins Sean and Amelie.
On May 23 Kate will attend a reception at Downing Street at which David Cameron will personally back International Missing Children’s Day on May 25.

This does give me hope. I wonder how this will impact upon the leveson enquiry when the mccanns get charged.

Hello Loopdaloop

When I was reading the article I had hope that Madeleine was about to get the justice she deserved. Until I read the last paragraph, where Kate is attending a reception at Downing Street, where David Cameron will be attending.

Why has David Cameron, invited Kate McCann to Downing St? He knows full well that she is an unconvicted criminal and to make matters worse, her husband insulted him, when he likenened Cameron's little boy's death, to Madeleine's disappearance.

I'm beginning to think that if the case does get reopened, the McCanns will not be returned to their arguido status. I feel the PJ will be instructed to look for the mythical abductor, knowing full well that the culprits of Madeleine's disappearance, are alive and well and living in "Rothley Towers"

What makes matters worse is, if I am right and I hope I am not, the people of Portugal, will have to fund this investigation, out of their taxes.

Its a difficult one isn't it.
On the one hand we know that the Daily Express doesn't like the Mccann's however on the other hand... why would Cameron invite her to number 10?

I imagine by doing so it would enable him to say:

"I invited the Mccann's over to number 10, and I'm as shocked as everyone else...."

but thats the only reason.

The 'Solved' bit is what gives me the hope. This is only solvable if they already have contact with the missing link.
I sincerely doubt that they are going to uncover any characters which leads me to think (or hope) that they are ready to pin down their suspicions
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sun 8 Apr - 19:02

So they can parade and pout at number 10 but won't accept the many invitations to go on 'chat' shows or whatever around the 5th anniversary.

Why not? If genuine, they could maximise publicity about their missing daughter. You'd think they'd be so grateful that people wanted to hear their pleas. Photoshoots only though in the UK, because they just don't seem to be able to answer questions. When was their last UK interview?

Spoke to a friend today who asked me if I was still obsessed with the case. She works full time with loads of overtime so never catches up on much news. She was horrified when I told her about Gaspar and page 129 and how abysmal the UK press is, by not letting us know the real facts. She thinks the parents are innocent and it was good to discuss with someone who has opinions rather than the abusive supporters tm have online.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2