Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

omg Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer

+26
NoStone
Bobsy
tanszi
AnnaEsse
fred
Chris
matthew
wjk
Angelique
whatsupdoc
kathybelle
jeanmonroe
Panda
Carolina
dutchclogs
Claudia79
margaret
devonmum
welshy
marxman
maive
chrissie
almostgothic
cass
Angelina
the slave
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 Empty Re: omg Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer

Post  devonmum Thu 26 Apr - 17:36

Claudia79 wrote:
devonmum wrote:Apparently he is appearing on TVI tonight and it seems he is playing rough!

That's what he told me!

Thanks Claudia, that is fantastic news
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :
omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 Empty Re: omg Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 26 Apr - 17:39

Claudia79 wrote:
devonmum wrote:Apparently he is appearing on TVI tonight and it seems he is playing rough!

That's what he told me!
claudia can you clear something up fror me?? the idiots on JATYK have been saying that ga wont get his books back the publishers will get them and not him that isnt right is it/??
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 26 Apr - 17:40

Maybe someone who tweets could ask Brunt if Sky will be reporting the book return and (belatedly) that the injuction was overturned last year.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 26 Apr - 17:41

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

That's what he told me!
claudia can you clear something up fror me?? the idiots on JATYK have been saying that ga wont get his books back the publishers will get them and not him that isnt right is it/??

Of course it is right. The books weren't property of GA! They have to be returned to their owners!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 26 Apr - 17:41

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

That's what he told me!

I would have thought the books are owned by the publisher. The author gets a royalty on sale.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Thu 26 Apr - 17:42

Chris wrote:Maybe someone who tweets could ask Brunt if Sky will be reporting the book return and (belatedly) that the injuction was overturned last year.

We have tried Chris, he just doesnt answer anything just tweets his rubbish lol
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 26 Apr - 17:42

Claudia79 wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

That's what he told me!

Of course it is right. The books weren't property of GA! They have to be returned to their owners!

ohh ok well that is good then they can decide if and when they can resell them right
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 26 Apr - 17:44

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

That's what he told me!

ohh ok well that is good then they can decide if and when they can resell them right

Sure.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 26 Apr - 18:12

AnnaEsse wrote:Suddenly, after the Panorama broadcast, they're returning the books? Coincidence or just that they don't want that as something being held against them. Not so confident about the libel trial? Something's in the wind.

Maybe they know they cannot sue Mr.Amaral anymore since the BBC last night repeated his claims and they won't take the beeb on.......

I still don't think anythings up after the pj refused to reopen the case today.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Thu 26 Apr - 18:15

Hiya Claudia79 and thanks for confirming Joanna's information. Please if you get the chance let Goncalo Amaral know of our support and disgust at some of the Panorama reporting. Hope all the books sell, any chance of an English version over here, i ve read it courtesy of translation on here, id really like to buy both of them..
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 26 Apr - 18:19

tanszi wrote:Hiya Claudia79 and thanks for confirming Joanna's information. Please if you get the chance let Goncalo Amaral know of our support and disgust at some of the Panorama reporting. Hope all the books sell, any chance of an English version over here, i ve read it courtesy of translation on here, id really like to buy both of them..

Thanks, Tanszi. He knows.
I don't know about an English version. Sorry. Haven't asked either.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Apr - 18:23

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

That's what he told me!

They get their knickers in a knot about any inconsequential matter they can pick up on. Whoever has ownership of the books, Dr Amaral or the publishers, the important facts are that they should have been returned and that the McCanns and their legal representative have been holding onto them in spite of a court order.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Thu 26 Apr - 18:28

At last, I think he has been too NICE to that pair of F...... T......S. Go en get em Mr Amaral omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 83453 omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 873702
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 18:32

Just out of interest, could someone decipher this sentence for me?

"We do not see that the right of the book’s author, the defendant, can be limited by a right to the reservation of intimacy that suffered voluntary limitations by their holders, the applicants." omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 23324

I think the McCanns want to appear squeaky clean and seeing Redwood talking to Duarte told her to return the books. Duarte admitted that she is not
popular because she is defending the McCanns who do not want another demonstration like they had outside the Courthouse on their last visit to
Portugal.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 26 Apr - 18:36

Panda wrote:

"We do not see that the right of the book’s author, the defendant, can be limited by a right to the reservation of intimacy that suffered voluntary limitations by their holders, the applicants." omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 23324

I think the McCanns want to appear squeaky clean and seeing Redwood talking to Duarte told her to return the books. Duarte admitted that she is not
popular because she is defending the McCanns who do not want another demonstration like they had outside the Courthouse on their last visit to
Portugal.

I think it is just a legalese way of saying that if the claimants (the Macs) have voluntarily given up their right to privacy (by involving the media etc) they can't tun round and then claim a right of privacy against the defendant (Amaral).
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 26 Apr - 18:49

wjk wrote:Oh I just love what that article says omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 307691

The article is the "acordão" or the decision of the 3 judges who overturned the book ban.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Thu 26 Apr - 18:55

My thanks to Joana and Claudia79 for the good news that Duarte is having to return the books. omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 307691 omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 307691 omg   Breaking news: Gonçalo Amaral's book copies to be returned today by the McCann couple lawyer - Page 3 307691

I do hope the McCann's have to pay a large fine for a late return.

I think things should go a lot better for GA and Tony Bennett since Madeleine's death has been mentioned by all and sundry. Can I take it that the latest date for the libel trial is 16th May?

I hope GA takes the pair for over a million.

whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Apr - 19:04

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

Portugal.

I think it is just a legalese way of saying that if the claimants (the Macs) have voluntarily given up their right to privacy (by involving the media etc) they can't tun round and then claim a right of privacy against the defendant (Amaral).

Thanks chris, are they going to tell Amazon that it's O.K. to sell Pat Browns 'book? Are we going to witness a new dawning for the British Press so they
can be more honest? Why do I think this is all part of a strategy because Kate's book will be on sale on 12th May, yet again, all over the World.!!!!

I doubt it will sell as well as her first book because the McCanns have reached saturation point with the Public.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 26 Apr - 19:09

Memo to Isabel Duarte.
If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.
Maybe that is why you don't have many lifelong friends left and you don't have any public support.
Hope you haven't broken you family up if they don't agree with your sycophantic support for possible future suspects in a defenceless childs disappearance.
So stop griping about hard done by YOU are.
I'm sure you will be still taking your money from the fund, possibly you are now an honorary member of the wider family, paid for by children and OAP'S.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 19:48

ID ain't going nowhere, she is getting MEGA bucks and loseing friends is worth it!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Apr - 19:50

kitti wrote:ID ain't going nowhere, she is getting MEGA bucks and loseing friends is worth it!

And international publicity that she will take on cases for very unpopular people who can pay.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 26 Apr - 19:54

Assad will be looking for a lawyer soon....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 26 Apr - 19:55

kitti wrote:Assad will be looking for a lawyer soon....

As long as he's got the money, Isabel will cry all the way to the bank, imo!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 26 Apr - 20:04

I am so pleased for GA - the best news in a long time. I wonder - does this change the perspective on the forthcoming TB case??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 26 Apr - 20:05

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

That's what he told me!

They get their knickers in a knot about any inconsequential matter they can pick up on. Whoever has ownership of the books, Dr Amaral or the publishers, the important facts are that they should have been returned and that the McCanns and their legal representative have been holding onto them in spite of a court order.

Not only that, because the McCanns and Duarte, ignored the court order and didn't return the books when they should have been returned, they were facing a fine and or a prison sentence of up to 5yrs. It looks like once again they have been let off the hook and once again the McCanns have proved that they are above the law.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next