Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored

+26
kitti
Keela
AnnaEsse
Chris
princess_leia
Badboy
Annabel
wjk
comperedna
Justiceforallkids
chrissie
Angelina
ELI
malena stool
fedrules
jejune
jd16
Panda
mummy45
mossman
pennylane
curious george
HiDeHo
almostgothic
mumbles
welshy
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Empty Re: Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored

Post  Chris Thu 3 May - 8:30

AnnaEsse wrote:
Chris wrote:It says much for the quality of newspaper reporting in this country that this story is being flaunted as another failure by the PJ to follow up matters and a significant new lead. Despite most papers reporting the story back in 2008 not one has questioned the change of date or the fact it ain't new.

That just amazes me. All those newspapers and not one recalling that they covered this 4 years ago. And what of Clarence? Has he forgotten what he said 4 years ago? Why are all the papers bringing this up again? It just does not make sense. Next we'll have the child seen in a Belgian town by a security guard outside a bank with CCTV images reproduced in all the main dailies!

En route to Sweden?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Empty Re: Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 3 May - 8:33

Chris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Chris wrote:It says much for the quality of newspaper reporting in this country that this story is being flaunted as another failure by the PJ to follow up matters and a significant new lead. Despite most papers reporting the story back in 2008 not one has questioned the change of date or the fact it ain't new.

That just amazes me. All those newspapers and not one recalling that they covered this 4 years ago. And what of Clarence? Has he forgotten what he said 4 years ago? Why are all the papers bringing this up again? It just does not make sense. Next we'll have the child seen in a Belgian town by a security guard outside a bank with CCTV images reproduced in all the main dailies!

En route to Sweden?

Clarence: "I can't believe the police were taken in by that man in Belgium who claimed the child was his daughter, out walking with her nanny. The woman and child have now been spotted by an English couple on holiday in Sweden."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 3 May - 10:48

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Have_I_got_a_sighting_for_you

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Have_I_got_another_sighting_for_you
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 3 May - 10:50

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 23324 Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 23324
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 3 May - 10:53

AnnaEsse wrote:Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Have_I_got_a_sighting_for_you

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Have_I_got_another_sighting_for_you

lmao poor old clarrie
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Empty I apologize if others have already said this, but I'm in a rush today...

Post  comperedna Thu 3 May - 11:03

and I'm sorry that I haven't got time to read the whole thread before posting... Martin Brunt pulled this story out like a rabbit out of a hat this morning on Sky. I remember it very well when it first came up, fairly early on, because it interested me a lot. As I recall it the taxi driver described picking up a girl (of the appropriate age) with a woman with fairish long hair and two men. The girl was said to have had a distinctive coloboma in one eye... The taxi driver said he had a young relative with one a bit similar, so he noticed it particularly. The child was said to be silent, and she sat impassively throughout the trip. The adults did not say anything significant either. As I recall it, he said he drove them to the car park of a hotel where they transferred to a large black vehicle/car with a yellow number plate and drove off... I do not recall him saying that the police did not follow up this sighting... I think the timings were believed to rule it out out... or something like that
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 3 May - 11:07

Confused here again!
Is it SY saying this is 'new evidence'? Or is it KM saying she read this whilst going through the files?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 3 May - 12:00

wjk wrote:Confused here again!
Is it SY saying this is 'new evidence'? Or is it KM saying she read this whilst going through the files?

Never fear confusion is good.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 3 May - 13:28

Ain't that the truth Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 294124
I WAS going to say, surely it can't be from SY as being the 'best in the business', they would have double checked before making old news public. BUT I've just seen Brunty spouting on about Psychics and dreamers.......Oh dear!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Taxi driver's Madeleine McCann 'sighting' ignored  - Page 3 Empty More Maddie Inflation

Post  Annabel Thu 3 May - 16:47

http://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2012/05/more-maddie-inflation.html

More Maddie Inflation
The pressing need to keep punters interested in buying their product means that the latest news in the saga of abducted toddler Madeleine McCann has been once again inflated rather further than the facts will stand. Today’s silliness concerns a report by a taxi driver that he believes a group he picked up just after Madeleine went missing had her with them.

Vila Real de Santo Antonio, on the Eastern Algarve

Sadly, though, the claim of Antonio Castela has not been subjected to any kind of reality check. He collected his fare – four adults and a toddler who he believes could be the missing girl – from Monte Gordo and took them to a hotel in Vila Real de Santo Antonio. The first problem is where the hacks describe Monte Gordo as “an hour’s drive” from Praia da Luz.

One would have to break more than the odd speed limit to get from Luz to Monte Gordo in an hour. This would require an average speed of 140km/h – well over 85mph – because the two locations are 140 kilometres apart. We’re talking opposite ends of the Algarve coast here. That may not invalidate the story – it’s just symptomatic of the routinely shoddy reporting.

Then readers are told that none of the group spoke during the journey. This may sound unusual, until you look at how close Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo Antonio are – they are adjacent resorts at the Eastern end of the Algarve, by the Spanish border. The taxi ride would have taken no more than five minutes, given the time of day when it took place.

Castela says the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) took the details but did not interview him. This is initially interesting, until you consider that they were also being given details of sightings from scores of other public spirited citizens who also wanted to get them on record. It would be interesting to know just how many Maddie sightings were relayed to the PJ in the days following her disappearance.

One hates to just dismiss Antonio Castela’s claim – he clearly believes he has vital information to offer – but every one of these supposedly clinching sightings has thus far not produced a Magical Maddie Moment, and those sightings have stretched into the hundreds, maybe more. It sells papers, and stokes up the why-oh-why meter, but it does not move the investigation forward.

Meanwhile, the case continues to receive significant coverage locally (you can see the latest two pieces in the Público HEREhttp://www.publico.pt/Sociedade/trinta-desaparecimentos-de-criancas-em-investigacao-desde-o-caso-maddie-1544265 and HERE )
http://www.publico.pt/Sociedade/pais-de-maddie-acreditam-que-investigacoes-podem-ser-reabertas-em-portugal-1544346. And it is this continued visibility that will persuade the PJ to have another look at the case – not more over-inflation of every sighting in the UK press.
Posted by Tim Fenton at 11:03
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 3 May - 22:21

ACTUALLY THE PERSON'S SURNAME IS CARDOSO,THE PAPERS DON'T SEEM TO GET THEIR FACTS RIGHT.
INTERESTINGLY CASTELA IS THE SURNAME OF TWO OC EMPLOYEES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Fri 4 May - 12:24

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mccann-clarence-mitchell-has-been.html?spref=tw

McCann : Clarence Mitchell Has Been Reported To The IPCC And The Police.
The country as we all know is a cesspit of corruption but I cannot let this blatant lie pass without trying to be heard. I intend to follow this lead to the very end.

http://marieluzcorezmurdervictimofthemccanns.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/mccann-latest-victim-antonio-castela.html

Breakthrough? Antonio Castela, 72, claims he is sure that a little girl in pink pyjamas who was with four adults was little Madeleine
This is what Castela said

"I don't have a lot to say, but what I have to say, I can state with certainty. On the 3rd of May at 8.10pm, the evening of Madeleine's disappearance, three men, a woman and a little girl entered my taxi. Sitting beside me was seated a man who resembled Robert Murat and whom I recognised later in the press. There was also a little girl in pink pyjamas with that distinctive mark in her eye and her mother, of that there is no doubt."

Clarence Mitchell has broken the law ,changed Antonio Castela's statement and had the media publish a blatant lie!

Breakthrough? Antonio Castela, 72, claims he is sure that a girl in pink pyjamas who he picked up along with four adults the night after Maddie went missing was her
Posted by SteelMagnolia at 3:05 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

Note: see also the post from AnnaEsse:
https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t20029p15-taxi-driver-s-madeleine-mccann-sighting-ignored

Last edited by Annabel on Fri 4 May - 12:51; edited 2 times in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 4 May - 12:38

I'm confused, not difficult like

Is the taxi driver saying he saw Madeleine in his taxi on the 3rd May or the 4th May? I'm seeing both dates being referred to.

Edit - I think I see now, the taxi driver is saying 3rd May at 8.10pm but Clarence Mitchell is saying 4th May?
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 4 May - 12:47

princess_leia wrote:I'm confused, not difficult like

Is the taxi driver saying he saw Madeleine in his taxi on the 3rd May or the 4th May? I'm seeing both dates being referred to.

Edit - I think I see now, the taxi driver is saying 3rd May at 8.10pm but Clarence Mitchell is saying 4th May?

I posted this on page 2 of this thread. It's a post from the blog "Enfants Kidnappés," dated Febrruary 28th 2008.

Kate McCann, Robert Murat and Madeleine in the same taxi?

Ten months after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the taxi driver's story hit the international press. It has been reported widely in the UK press, but I don't think I have seen reports that the story had been investigated and rejected after verification. Here is an article from the Belgian site, Enfants Kidnappés, dated February 28th.

Ten months after the fact, a taxi driver from Vila Real de Santo Antonio, went public with his witness statement to the PJ. According to reports in the Portuguese press, the taxi driver made his statement to the PJ two days after Maddie's disappearance. "I don't have a lot to say, but what I have to say, I can state with certainty. On the 3rd of May at 8.10pm, the evening of Madeleine's disappearance, three men, a woman and a little girl entered my taxi. Sitting beside me was seated a man who resembled Robert Murat and whom I recognised later in the press. There was also a little girl in pink pyjamas with that distinctive mark in her eye and her mother, of that there is no doubt."
I noticed her because there was a nervous tic to her chin and my son had the same tic when he was small. I asked myself why they had not dressed the little girl instead of leaving her in pyjamas. She was awake but she was not talking. The other men were aged between 40 and 50 years. The mother, who looked amazingly like Kate McCann, was dressed in a yellow coat and had her hair in a pony tail. She asked me to drive them to the Apolo Hotel five kilometres from there in a village close to Faro. They asked me in English how much the fare would be and I told them just over three Euros. The man next to me, the one who resembled Robert Murat, gave me a 5 Euro note. They did not take themselves towards the hotel, but to a 4x4, a big dark coloured car, which looked to me like a BMW, with a foreign registration.

Mr Castela, the taxi driver, is used to remembering people's faces. He is 67 years old and has been doing his job for 17 years. Fixing faces in one's mind allows better identification of people. And if he is sure about the time in his story it is, he says, because, "I know they got into my taxi at that time because I usually watch the television news. I was thinking at that moment to return home. I took that fare and I returned home for 8.30pm where I could carry on watching the television news.

"He did not place any importance on his clients until two days later when the media took up the case, "Then I spoke to my son who is an officer with the GNR and he decided to put me in contact with the PJ. I told them exactly what I have just said and the inspector asked me if I knew if the hotel had surveillance cameras. I told him that in theory, yes. Out of curiosity, two days later, I returned to the hotel and asked them if the PJ had contacted them. They told me no. I tried to find out if they had surveillance cameras but they told me that they had been out of order for two years."

The PJ confirmed having been contacted by the taxi driver and his witness statement taken at the time. But these claims had been rejected after verification.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 4 May - 12:56

AnnaEsse wrote:

I posted this on page 2 of this thread. It's a post from the blog "Enfants Kidnappés," dated Febrruary 28th 2008.

Ten months after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the taxi driver's story hit the international press. It has been reported widely in the UK press, but I don't think I have seen reports that the story had been investigated and rejected after verification. Here is an article from the Belgian site, Enfants Kidnappés, dated February 28th.

Ten months after the fact, a taxi driver from Vila Real de Santo Antonio, went public with his witness statement to the PJ. According to reports in the Portuguese press, the taxi driver made his statement to the PJ two days after Maddie's disappearance. "I don't have a lot to say, but what I have to say, I can state with certainty. On the 3rd of May at 8.10pm, the evening of Madeleine's disappearance, three men, a woman and a little girl entered my taxi. Sitting beside me was seated a man who resembled Robert Murat and whom I recognised later in the press. There was also a little girl in pink pyjamas with that distinctive mark in her eye and her mother, of that there is no doubt."
I noticed her because there was a nervous tic to her chin and my son had the same tic when he was small. I asked myself why they had not dressed the little girl instead of leaving her in pyjamas. She was awake but she was not talking. The other men were aged between 40 and 50 years. The mother, who looked amazingly like Kate McCann, was dressed in a yellow coat and had her hair in a pony tail. She asked me to drive them to the Apolo Hotel five kilometres from there in a village close to Faro. They asked me in English how much the fare would be and I told them just over three Euros. The man next to me, the one who resembled Robert Murat, gave me a 5 Euro note. They did not take themselves towards the hotel, but to a 4x4, a big dark coloured car, which looked to me like a BMW, with a foreign registration.

Mr Castela, the taxi driver, is used to remembering people's faces. He is 67 years old and has been doing his job for 17 years. Fixing faces in one's mind allows better identification of people. And if he is sure about the time in his story it is, he says, because, "I know they got into my taxi at that time because I usually watch the television news. I was thinking at that moment to return home. I took that fare and I returned home for 8.30pm where I could carry on watching the television news.

"He did not place any importance on his clients until two days later when the media took up the case, "Then I spoke to my son who is an officer with the GNR and he decided to put me in contact with the PJ. I told them exactly what I have just said and the inspector asked me if I knew if the hotel had surveillance cameras. I told him that in theory, yes. Out of curiosity, two days later, I returned to the hotel and asked them if the PJ had contacted them. They told me no. I tried to find out if they had surveillance cameras but they told me that they had been out of order for two years."

The PJ confirmed having been contacted by the taxi driver and his witness statement taken at the time. But these claims had been rejected after verification.

As you were posting your reply I was skimming over the last few pages and spotted it, thank you.

I vaguely remember the story and thought it was really strange at the time.

I have a few things going through my mind

How would this taxi drivers version fit in with the timeline of May 3rd, was it possible for Kate to be in that taxi and be back in PDL before the police arrive?
Was Madeleine alive or dead in the taxi, because we have the dogs that alerted in the apt, the taxi driver said he saw her eye but that doesn't mean she was alive does it?
Where could they have taken her, my geography of Portugal is not very good. And the car they got into, does that ring any bells?
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 4 May - 13:08

THEY FOUND IT WAS SOME TOURISTS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 4 May - 13:08

princess_leia wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

As you were posting your reply I was skimming over the last few pages and spotted it, thank you.

How would this taxi drivers version fit in with the timeline of May 3rd, was it possible for Kate to be in that taxi and be back in PDL before the police arrive?
Was Madeleine alive or dead in the taxi, because we have the dogs that alerted in the apt, the taxi driver said he saw her eye but that doesn't mean she was alive does it?
Where could they have taken her, my geography of Portugal is not very good. And the car they got into, does that ring any bells?

Hi there, I just remember that Clarence said at the time, when this story first hit the news some time ago, that the taxi driver's sighting did not fit with the timeline. So, at that point he knew the sighting was on May 3rd.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 4 May - 13:18

Badboy wrote:THEY FOUND IT WAS SOME TOURISTS.

Please don't take offence, I'm not doubting you but it there a source for that?

Last edited by princess_leia on Fri 4 May - 13:20; edited 1 time in total
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Fri 4 May - 13:19

AnnaEsse wrote:
princess_leia wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Hi there, I just remember that Clarence said at the time, when this story first hit the news some time ago, that the taxi driver's sighting did not fit with the timeline. So, at that point he knew the sighting was on May 3rd.

I bet we hear no more about the taxi driver from McCann quarters!
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 4 May - 13:22

princess_leia wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
princess_leia wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I bet we hear no more about the taxi driver from McCann quarters!

That date was changed by somebody. So, who?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 4 May - 13:38

AnnaEsse wrote:

A good question but it is a bit of a quantum leap to assume it was the pink one. I am more than happy to think the worst of his activities but there doesn't appear to be any direct link apparent. Incidentally do we know why he has been reported to the IPCC - is he working undercover?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 4 May - 14:04

Chris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

A good question but it is a bit of a quantum leap to assume it was the pink one. I am more than happy to think the worst of his activities but there doesn't appear to be any direct link apparent. Incidentally do we know why he has been reported to the IPCC - is he working undercover?

I think he has been reported because 4 years ago when the story first hit the headlines, he knew the sighting was on May3rd, but he is now stating that not only was it not investigated, but that it was on May 4th.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 May - 14:11

princess_leia wrote:
Badboy wrote:THEY FOUND IT WAS SOME TOURISTS.

Please don't take offence, I'm not doubting you but it there a source for that?

If the Jeep had yellow numberplates front and back then it might have been Dutch (Gerry's "frineds from Amsterdam"?) If the taxi driver saw the Jeep from the front then it couldn't have been British as only the rear numberplate on a UK car is yellow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 4 May - 14:30

If Clarry is disputing the taxi drivers sighting and changing details to suit, does this mean that he KNOWS what happened?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 4 May - 16:15

Keela wrote:If Clarry is disputing the taxi drivers sighting and changing details to suit, does this mean that he KNOWS what happened?

I posted a link to the original version (May 3) on another thread, and I have saved it, too.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/madeleine-police-to-come-to-britain-to-reinterview-tapas-nine-6662107.html

The Clarrified version is still on several sites today, including this one -

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/02/madeleine-mccann-anniversary-taxi-driver-maddy_n_1470413.html?ref=uk

As a number of sites are carrying the May 4 version, it's probably a safe assumption that a pink press release was put out with that date on it. There is no way he can squirm out of saying he has not altered the date. It's all over the internet.

I am going to enjoy watching the McCanns and their pink poodle try and explain this one away.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next