Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have you seen this?

+23
tanszi
T4two
Loopdaloop
jay2001
dutchclogs
margaret
Justiceforallkids
interested
cherry1
kathybelle
tabs
Panda
dazedandconfused
Lioned
Badboy
maebee
cass
Roasted Arizona
wjk
Karen
Wintabells
Bobsy
matthew
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

have you seen this? - Page 3 Empty Re: have you seen this?

Post  tabs Mon 7 May - 11:59

to clarify for anyone stupid enough to think that this somehow originated from this forum ( cough cough you know who I mean) I found this link on a non maddie site - where others were rightly outraged at her image being used in this way

and brought it here as I thought it needed to be known

personally I don't think this has anything to do with Mccanns
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 12:00

kathybelle wrote:Thank you tabs and AnnaEsse, for putting the links on here. I've also emailed Low Cost Holidays, to complain and I've also given them the link.

I've just had a courtesy reply from Low Cost Holidays, while I'm confident they'll removed the advert, I can't see them giving me any more information, even though I hope they will.

Morning kathybelle, did you ask lowcost if they had received permission from the McCanns to reproduce the photo?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 12:00

tabs wrote:to clarify for anyone stupid enough to think that this somehow originated from this forum ( cough cough you know who I mean) I found this link on a non maddie site - where others were rightly outraged at her image being used in this way

exactly the blue shiny forum thinks we are in on it bloody idiots!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 7 May - 12:04

tabs wrote:to clarify for anyone stupid enough to think that this somehow originated from this forum ( cough cough you know who I mean) I found this link on a non maddie site - where others were rightly outraged at her image being used in this way

They also need to do a bit of research about browsers, web images and cache.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 12:07

Justiceforallkids wrote:

exactly the blue shiny forum thinks we are in on it bloody idiots!!!

The McCanns have their spies, witness amazon withdrawing Pat Browns Book etc, I am pretty sure if we have seen it, someone who knows the McCanns
has. Gerry was quick enough to get Madeleines colomba registered and would regard any photo used by a Company as a copyright infringement.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 7 May - 12:10

I'm surprised that, even though there are numerous McCannites monitoring every word on forums which don't agree with their version of events, that they haven't been made aware of this by now and I would have expected a huge cry of outrage from Clarrie at the very least by now. Why is all quiet on the western front about this? Think how much the Fund could be topped up by a little legal action about the misuse of the picture. Would we hear if they were at this very moment unleashing C-R?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 7 May - 12:11

Sorry Panda, your post went as I was posting mine and you think the same as I do - they must know by now.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 12:18

Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:Thank you tabs and AnnaEsse, for putting the links on here. I've also emailed Low Cost Holidays, to complain and I've also given them the link.

I've just had a courtesy reply from Low Cost Holidays, while I'm confident they'll removed the advert, I can't see them giving me any more information, even though I hope they will.

Morning kathybelle, did you ask lowcost if they had received permission from the McCanns to reproduce the photo?

Good morning Panda

No, this is what I said in my email "I was appalled to see Voucher Digg, using a photograph of missing Madeleine McCann, to advertise Low Cost Holidays." "As you can see, I've put the link which will take you straight to the advertisement, on here."

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 12:49

dazedandconfused wrote:Sorry Panda, your post went as I was posting mine and you think the same as I do - they must know by now.

Talk about coincidence.......I'm half watching/ listening to T.V. and Pepsi are showing a photoof Michael Jackson on their new Cans to get back some ot their sales lost to Coca-Cola.It's the photo of him in a white suit with the Trilby Hat on . Can't think of the Song title, I know I like it because it's all men dancing and leaning so far forward you think they are going to topple over.!!! Pepsi reckon Michael is still so popular that even though he has been dead for years their sales will increase. COPYRIGHT of the photo belongs to his Estate which has been paid for the use of the photo.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 12:54

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

Good morning Panda

No, this is what I said in my email "I was appalled to see Voucher Digg, using a photograph of missing Madeleine McCann, to advertise Low Cost Holidays." "As you can see, I've put the link which will take you straight to the advertisement, on here."

Well, if the photo disappears you can guess the McCanns found out, if it stays then the McCanns got cheap advertisinng, but at 3yrs old the photo is
hardly likely to lead to finding Madeleine, although it is good publicity.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 13:01

Panda wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:Sorry Panda, your post went as I was posting mine and you think the same as I do - they must know by now.

Talk about coincidence.......I'm half watching/ listening to T.V. and Pepsi are showing a photoof Michael Jackson on their new Cans to get back some ot their sales lost to Coca-Cola.It's the photo of him in a white suit with the Trilby Hat on . Can't think of the Song title, I know I like it because it's all men dancing and leaning so far forward you think they are going to topple over.!!! Pepsi reckon Michael is still so popular that even though he has been dead for years their sales will increase. COPYRIGHT of the photo belongs to his Estate which has been paid for the use of the photo.

Smooth Criminal!

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 7 May - 13:22

That's the one...thanks. Iv'e got a DVD Compilation of most of his songs and Dance routines, he really was very talented.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 13:29

I've just received another email from Operations at Low Cost Holidays. I'll write down the contents of the email, exactly as they were sent to me.

Good Afternoon Mrs ********

Thank you for your email.

We appreciate that you have shared this information with us and I have forwarded it to our marketing team.

Please contact us for further assistance.

Regards

I didn't like disclosing the name of the person who sent me the email, that's why I have used the asterisks.

I'm a bit puzzled about the line where the person says, "Please contact us for further assistance." Does this mean that they want me to contact them? or do they mean if I have any problems I can contact them?
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 May - 13:39

That's just a standard comment on e-mails and letters from any organisation, Kathybelle. I used to put it on my letters when I worked for a local council but I hoped that the recipients wouldn't take me up on the offer!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 14:00

Not Born Yesterday wrote:That's just a standard comment on e-mails and letters from any organisation, Kathybelle. I used to put it on my letters when I worked for a local council but I hoped that the recipients wouldn't take me up on the offer!

Thanks N.B.Y. O@LCH are probably hoping the same. have you seen this? - Page 3 25346
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 7 May - 17:46

I've just checked voucher digg website and Madeleine's picture is still displayed with the vile "Best Value" caption.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 7 May - 18:02

it's likely that, as it's a Bank Holiday in the U K, there's nobody around to remove the photo. I'll be very surprised if it remains after tomorrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 7 May - 20:13

Anorak has picked up on this. There is an article up entitled, "Best Value' Madeleine McCann is selling holidays on a travel site".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Mon 7 May - 21:02

good it needs to be stopped
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 22:35

tabs wrote:good it needs to be stopped

I agree. I keep checking and it's still there. Even if it is a UK web site, surely with a busy site, one that takes bookings for holidays, someone is around on the Bank Holiday. This is atrocious using Madeleine's photo to sell holidays.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 23:21

I've just been looking at the newspaper headlines on the Sky News Website. At the top of the front page of the Daily Star, there is an article that says "McCanns horror at Maddy hols ad." I can feel a lawsuit coming on.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 23:27

kathybelle wrote:I've just been looking at the newspaper headlines on the Sky News Website. At the top of the front page of the Daily Star, there is an article that says "McCanns horror at Maddy hols ad." I can feel a lawsuit coming on.

have you seen this? - Page 3 16223779
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 23:30

AnnaEsse wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I've just been looking at the newspaper headlines on the Sky News Website. At the top of the front page of the Daily Star, there is an article that says "McCanns horror at Maddy hols ad." I can feel a lawsuit coming on.

Thanks AnnaEsse. have you seen this? - Page 3 307691
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 23:33

kathybelle wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Thanks AnnaEsse. have you seen this? - Page 3 307691

That photo of Gerry sucking a lemon!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 23:43

i feeel i helped get it in the media because i was the first to tweet it!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum