Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

have you seen this?

+23
tanszi
T4two
Loopdaloop
jay2001
dutchclogs
margaret
Justiceforallkids
interested
cherry1
kathybelle
tabs
Panda
dazedandconfused
Lioned
Badboy
maebee
cass
Roasted Arizona
wjk
Karen
Wintabells
Bobsy
matthew
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

have you seen this? - Page 4 Empty Re: have you seen this?

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 May - 23:44

Justiceforallkids wrote:i feeel i helped get it in the media because i was the first to tweet it!!!

You mean you only tweeted it? You're not the one who hacked the site and posted the pic? have you seen this? - Page 4 23324
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 7 May - 23:47

AnnaEsse wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I've just been looking at the newspaper headlines on the Sky News Website. At the top of the front page of the Daily Star, there is an article that says "McCanns horror at Maddy hols ad." I can feel a lawsuit coming on.

have you seen this? - Page 4 16223779

Thanks AnnaEsse. have you seen this? - Page 4 307691

That photo of Gerry sucking a lemon!

have you seen this? - Page 4 294124
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
have you seen this? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100have you seen this? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 7 May - 23:47

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:i feeel i helped get it in the media because i was the first to tweet it!!!

You mean you only tweeted it? You're not the one who hacked the site and posted the pic? have you seen this? - Page 4 23324

hahahahahahhahahah have you seen this? - Page 4 23324
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 8 May - 0:03

Justiceforallkids wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

It seems it was the Chinese

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/250086/Madeleine-McCann-web-ad-appalling-say-parents/
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 8 May - 0:09

Well someone is in for the chop! and I feel a suey coming on! have you seen this? - Page 4 424625
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 8 May - 0:30

Chris wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/250086/Madeleine-McCann-web-ad-appalling-say-parents/

oh dear i wonder if the blue forum will say sorry to me and others for accusing us??? have you seen this? - Page 4 554636
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 8 May - 0:33

I think you may have a long wait have you seen this? - Page 4 680495
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 8 May - 0:38

cherry1 wrote:I think you may have a long wait have you seen this? - Page 4 680495

have you seen this? - Page 4 29204 guess they should learn not to open their mouth without the facts
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 8 May - 0:58

I've just checked the website and Madeleine's picture is still there with the caption "Best value".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 8 May - 7:12

I hate to say this but I smell a rat. It is all a bit convenient, with the tide turning and many unfavourable comments now being published, even just in the short term. They are still getting through.

Lets face it, it has appeared in the press, Clarence is commenting, and Carter Ruck are on the job. Unsuspecting public treated to just another example of how "poor Kate and Gerry are persecuted".

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 8 May - 7:17

mossman wrote:I hate to say this but I smell a rat. It is all a bit convenient, with the tide turning and many unfavourable comments now being published, even just in the short term. They are still getting through.

Lets face it, it has appeared in the press, Clarence is commenting, and Carter Ruck are on the job. Unsuspecting public treated to just another example of how "poor Kate and Gerry are persecuted".

yes and a smear to portugal too.......
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 8 May - 7:29

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Chris wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

oh dear i wonder if the blue forum will say sorry to me and others for accusing us??? have you seen this? - Page 4 554636

Why change the habits of their forum's lifetime?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 8 May - 9:51

AnnaEsse wrote:
kathybelle wrote:I've just been looking at the newspaper headlines on the Sky News Website. At the top of the front page of the Daily Star, there is an article that says "McCanns horror at Maddy hols ad." I can feel a lawsuit coming on.

have you seen this? - Page 4 16223779

I love the headline that's next to them 'Blackburn GO DOWN' - those pesky papers always manage to do that. have you seen this? - Page 4 23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 8 May - 18:11

cherry1 wrote:Well someone is in for the chop! and I feel a suey coming on! have you seen this? - Page 4 424625
have you seen this? - Page 4 23324 have you seen this? - Page 4 23324 have you seen this? - Page 4 23324
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Tue 8 May - 18:41

The ad's bad taste, but not as bad as what the parents have done imo. I'm sick of this constant crap in the UK press over the last few days. The comments in the Daily Mail are sickening. Bashing Portugal and the PJ. Saying they'll never holiday there etc. Well, Portugal, PJ, Dr Amaral and Tony Bennett didn't lose Maddie. She was in the care of her parents and they let her down.

Redwood's sofa interviews are so unprofessional and I despair that justice will ever happen. The only good thing about these farcical stories is that more and more people are googling and twittering and realising that the spin is just that.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 8 May - 20:32

AnnaEsse wrote:
maebee wrote:This is disgraceful. I'm looking on that page for an email address to write to them with a complaint about this but their contact info leads me to admin@yootravel.co.uk. Can anybody else find an email addy for this voucher crowd?

I've sent an email to Low Cost holidays with the link to the Voucher Digg page

Are you aware that Voucher Digg has a photo of Madeleine McCann with the link to your low cost family holidays? This seems to be in very poor taste.

ETA: operations@lowcostholidays.com

Ironically: Thanks to you the Mccann's found out and the details are posted in the daily mail and also in the BBC!
The question is who informed the media? Do they read this forum or did the holiday company contact the media!

McCanns left 'horrified' after site uses precious last picture of missing Madeleine to sell discount holidays to Portugal
Site sells holiday to resort just 25 miles from where she went missing
Meanwhile, three new clues emerge over potential sighting in Spain
By LEON WATSON
PUBLISHED: 02:52, 8 May 2012 | UPDATED: 09:08, 8 May 2012
Comments (85)

A treasured image of missing Madeleine McCann has been used to advertise trips to Portugal.
The picture was the last taken of the three-year-old before she disappeared from her parents' apartment in Praia da Luz five years ago.
But today the emerged the poignant snap is being shown on a website boasting: '£20 off: Great discount on holiday bookings.'

Madeleine McCann on the day she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal. This was the image reportedly used on a website selling holidays
The site sells breaks in a self-catering family apartment in Albufeira, Algarve, just 25 miles from the resort where Madeleine vanished five years ago.
The photo, on discount website VoucherDigg, was snapped hours before the youngster disappeared from the apartment.
Madeleine's parents Kate, 44, and Gerry, 43, have been desperately searching for her since May 2007.

More...
Parents' anguish over tragic campsite girl: They are told how BBQ fumes in tent killed their daughter
'I think there is a great chance of her still being alive': Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart says there is still hope for missing British girl Madeleine McCann
Last night the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell branded its use 'appallingly insensitive'.
Top London law firm Carter-Ruck has been called in to demand the removal of the picture with 'immediate effect'.
Mr Mitchell told the Daily Star: 'This is an appalling use of Madeleine's picture and whether it is a result of hacking or a mistake it must be removed immediately.

Treasured image: Madeline McCann's picture being used on holiday discount site VoucherDigg

The last picture of Madeleine before she was snatched is used with the caption: '£20 off - great discount on holiday bookings over £400...'
'Kate and Gerry are fully aware of this and are horrified. We understand it has been on the website for 24 hours.'
Underneath her picture are the words 'best value''. When users click on it they are taken to a page featuring the same image and deals from lowcostholidays.com.
The advert also urges holidaymakers: 'Hurry up for time is limited. Take the ones you loved and enjoy your life.''
VoucherDigg has not commented.
Meanwhile, The Sun reported today that three new clues have emerged over a potential sighting of the child in Spain.
A blonde girl fitting Madeleine's description was seen at a campsite on the Costa del Sol three days after she was snatched a few hours drive away in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.
A witness said the groggy-looking child seemed alienated from the German family she was staying with in a caravan.
Now British police have been told the family paid extra for bringing one child more than expected when they arrived at the site on May 6.
And questions over the number plates on their car have raised fears they could have been fakes used to dodge detection.
Holidaymaker Karen Sisson, 49, who saw the child at the Cabopino campsite, near Fuengirola, said she got no response from cops when she raised the alarm at the time.
Karen, of Gibraltar, told The Sun that the girl wore a pink T-shirt, shorts and a beige hat and seemed 'out of it'.
MOST READ NEWS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141087/Madeleine-McCann-Last-picture-went-missing-used-sell-Portugal-holidays.html#ixzz1uJBDiK94

It was in the BBC website first!

There's no thank you to the 'trolls' !! ;)
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 8 May - 20:34

You should have also tweeted a link to Pat Brown!!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 8 May - 21:12

We're experiencing a sustained Team McCann publicity campaign at the moment the likes of which have not been seen for a long time. Sightings, book articles, interviews, Scotland Yard appearances on TV - the works. It wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing was a plant by TM themselves. Anything to get attention and play the victims and then blame it on the Internet nutters or even the Chinese have you seen this? - Page 4 613255
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 8 May - 23:31

i wouldnt be surprised either, after the India "sighting" photograph and DNA, nothing would surprise me. How bad is that though, its like the boy who cried wolf.....noone believed him.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 9 May - 23:27

It looks as if the website has gone all together now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 9 May - 23:31

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It looks as if the website has gone all together now.

Just read on Facebook that the site has been shut down.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 6:35

A website criticised for using a photo of Madeleine McCann has been taken down, according to the travel firm whose deals it was promoting.
VoucherDigg.co.uk used a picture of the missing girl in an advert for lowcostholidays.com
Lawrence Hunt, of lowcostholidays.com, said: "VoucherDigg have confirmed that their website has been closed down."
He also said: "VoucherDigg will be issuing a letter of apology for this appalling error."

Lowcostholidays.com had previously said it had no advertising contract with VoucherDigg and had been trying to get the image removed.

'No consent'
It described VoucherDigg as a company that "picked up deals and offers via an affiliate network" which had "previously featured holidays from lowcostholidays.com as well as many other well-known holiday companies".
Consent to feature its holidays had not been given, lowcostholidays.com added.
VoucherDigg has not commented despite being approached repeatedly by the BBC.
Clarence Mitchell, a McCann family spokesman, previously told Sky News that the misuse of the image was "utterly appalling and frankly unforgivable".
The photograph of Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, had been released by her parents soon after she disappeared.
She was nearly four when she vanished from her family's holiday apartment in the Algarve.
Events have been held recently to mark the five-year anniversary of her disappearance - including a church service at her grandparents' church in Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-18006334

So apparently no hacking involved then.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 10 May - 7:04

AnnaEsse wrote:

I tried the wayback machine - unfortunately don't really understand it.
The site Voucherdigg. was started up in 2010 - it was 'trawled' twice - no idea what that means. I'm sure someone does!

Here is the link:http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://voucherdigg.co.uk
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 10 May - 7:11

tigger wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I tried the wayback machine - unfortunately don't really understand it.
The site Voucherdigg. was started up in 2010 - it was 'trawled' twice - no idea what that means. I'm sure someone does!

Here is the link:http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://voucherdigg.co.uk

Wayback "preserves" earlier versions of webpages but sites are only sampled and recorded periodically.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 10 May - 8:13

So is there no way of checking out websites? Not that a bear or tigger of little brain will be able to work that out!

E.g. Cuddlecat.co.uk is still registered to TM - after five years! Is it still possible that they think of using it as another marketing ploy?
I've come across it on a site registered to a friend of the McCanns ethicaltoys. etc. Cuddlecat is linked to that site. It is supposes to even sell a Cuddlecat.

I've just checked the site - they've had a complete make-over in style etc. The cuddlecat has disappeared but under charities is listed: Madeleine Mccann (Reg. Charity No. 6248215)??????

http://www.ethicalkidz.co.uk/

Last edited by tigger on Thu 10 May - 8:23; edited 1 time in total
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum