Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann Accounts 31/3/11

+8
almostgothic
kathybelle
tabs
Keela
gillyspot
jay2001
quickfingers
Justiceforallkids
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann Accounts 31/3/11

Post  almostgothic Thu 17 May - 11:17

I bet if you took a quick poll of anyone who gave to the 'fund', the vast majority would say their money was going towards the search for Maddie. If you told them about the other, more pressing demands on those resources I wager they'd be aghast and very angry.

(Blowers on air. First pigeon of the day. It's now officially summer.)

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 May - 11:21

Yes, most would - but there'll be a few who won't care as it all helps in the fight against the nutters who simply don't believe the McFable. (I didn't know CMJ was unwell - shame)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 11:24

The End Is Nigh wrote:Excellent Post, Panda (Good morning; West Indies put in to Bat.)

Morning TEIN, I,ll be watching, let's hope the English Captain improves his batting...he really is on a sticky wicket. McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 11:30

almostgothic wrote:I bet if you took a quick poll of anyone who gave to the 'fund', the vast majority would say their money was going towards the search for Maddie. If you told them about the other, more pressing demands on those resources I wager they'd be aghast and very angry.

(Blowers on air. First pigeon of the day. It's now officially summer.)

Morning almostgothic, the McCanns have used the "assisting the Family financially" clause in the Company to the enth degree, but if they were charged with mismanagement of the Fund, they would lose .!!!!! BTW, it' might be officially Summer, but no one told the Sun.. McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 May - 11:30

TMS for me - can't justify paying BSkyB.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Thu 17 May - 13:31

Panda wrote:
Another review about the "new book from a Professional Book Reviewer

Reviews Written by
A. Meijer

Show: Most recent reviews Most recent comments Page: 1

Madeleine
by Kate McCann
Edition: Hardcover
Price: £13.00
Availability: In stock

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars All about Kate - not Madeleine, 16 May 2012
This review is from: Madeleine (Hardcover)
Just a few points:

Why are there NO photographs of Maddie in PdL in the book? Not even 'the last photograph' by the pool?
Why are there MORE photographs of Kate and Kate and Gerry, than of Maddie?
Why were her health records denied to the Portuguese police? It is standard procedure in most police forces.
Why was there no uncontaminated DNA in the apartment and it had to be collected from Rothley?
Why didn't they use the free nanny service for the evenings? The same nannies who looked after the children during the day, so hardly strangers.
Why did they still leave Maddie alone when she told them in the morning she'd been crying the previous night and why had they not come?

Most of the book dealt with Kate McCann's life, the holiday merits one chapter - we learn nothing about Maddie, her likes and dislikes, things she said. What she created in the creche. Where is all that stuff that mothers can't stop talking about? Comment Comment | Permalink

Thanks for this Panda. Here's the link (in case you forgot)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/0593067916/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop/276-1813005-9519963?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1R14Z31TTWSUA
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 14:18

maebee wrote:
Panda wrote:
Another review about the "new book from a Professional Book Reviewer

Reviews Written by
A. Meijer

Show: Most recent reviews Most recent comments Page: 1

Madeleine
by Kate McCann
Edition: Hardcover
Price: £13.00
Availability: In stock

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars All about Kate - not Madeleine, 16 May 2012
This review is from: Madeleine (Hardcover)
Just a few points:

Why are there NO photographs of Maddie in PdL in the book? Not even 'the last photograph' by the pool?
Why are there MORE photographs of Kate and Kate and Gerry, than of Maddie?
Why were her health records denied to the Portuguese police? It is standard procedure in most police forces.
Why was there no uncontaminated DNA in the apartment and it had to be collected from Rothley?
Why didn't they use the free nanny service for the evenings? The same nannies who looked after the children during the day, so hardly strangers.
Why did they still leave Maddie alone when she told them in the morning she'd been crying the previous night and why had they not come?

Most of the book dealt with Kate McCann's life, the holiday merits one chapter - we learn nothing about Maddie, her likes and dislikes, things she said. What she created in the creche. Where is all that stuff that mothers can't stop talking about? Comment Comment | Permalink

Thanks for this Panda. Here's the link (in case you forgot)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/0593067916/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop/276-1813005-9519963?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1R14Z31TTWSUA

Thanks maebee, I just copied and pasted, so would have no idea of the link. McCann Accounts 31/3/11 - Page 2 294124 Iv'e never been able to do that, post the link and the content in one go.!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 17 May - 18:35

Panda wrote:

I think when Esther McVey announced that the Legal Fees would not be paid from the Fund, not long after some expert said they could and I think that is why she left.

The Fund was opened for donations by the public to SEARCH FOR MADELEINE which obviously ranks low in the McCanns priorities. The Legal expenses
have been paid to stop anyone libelling the McCanns basically. I think they will be hard pressed to justify all the money they have spent after Gerry
went back to work and Kate could have, but preferred to stay at home writing her Book. Had all the money she received been paid into the Fund, that would have been a generous act, but she is only paying the Royalties., will the £1 million paid by the Times and Sun be shown in the 2012 Accounts, will the Advance from Transworld?......Unfortunately we have to waiit until the end of the Year to find out.

It is interesting that the family support clause was removed from the company's M&A in 2011. Maybe this was becausee serialisation payments haven't gone to the fund. Without the support clause it would also be interesting to know who is funding the legal actions.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 17 May - 18:43

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

I think when Esther McVey announced that the Legal Fees would not be paid from the Fund, not long after some expert said they could and I think that is why she left.

The Fund was opened for donations by the public to SEARCH FOR MADELEINE which obviously ranks low in the McCanns priorities. The Legal expenses
have been paid to stop anyone libelling the McCanns basically. I think they will be hard pressed to justify all the money they have spent after Gerry
went back to work and Kate could have, but preferred to stay at home writing her Book. Had all the money she received been paid into the Fund, that would have been a generous act, but she is only paying the Royalties., will the £1 million paid by the Times and Sun be shown in the 2012 Accounts, will the Advance from Transworld?......Unfortunately we have to waiit until the end of the Year to find out.

It is interesting that the family support clause was removed from the company's M&A in 2011. Maybe this was becausee serialisation payments haven't gone to the fund. Without the support clause it would also be interesting to know who is funding the legal actions.

The terms of the Fund still allow the directors to take as much money as they like. Just the phrase 'to financially support the family' has been taken out. I think they've forgotten to take it off the official site, was still there a few days ago. In real terms, there's no difference.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 17 May - 18:57

tigger wrote:
Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

The terms of the Fund still allow the directors to take as much money as they like. Just the phrase 'to financially support the family' has been taken out. I think they've forgotten to take it off the official site, was still there a few days ago. In real terms, there's no difference.

John McCann when he was appointed chairman said the Fund would be run oon "Good Governance Guidelines " for Charities yet all Donors have ever been privy to are those accounts for Companies House, very basic and no mention of Directors Fees.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2