Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddie hunter might be charged

+7
Chris
margaret
malena stool
mossman
Angelique
kathybelle
Annabel
11 posters

Go down

Maddie hunter might be charged Empty Maddie hunter might be charged

Post  Annabel Mon 9 Jul - 5:11

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2012/07/09/maddie-hunter-might-be-charged

Maddie hunter might be charged

DENISE WILLIAMS | 09 July, 2012 00:05

A Cape Town estate developer who claims to have located the remains of British toddler Madeleine McCann might face criminal charges for trespassing.

Stephen Birch claims that through extensive research he was able to trace the three-year-old's burial site to a villa in Praia da Luz, Portugal, the town in which her parents reported her missing in May 2007.

After using an underground scanner, Birch said he believed the body lay beneath the concrete driveway of the home of one of the main suspects in the case.

To get the evidence he hoped would convince the authorities he staked out the house for days and climbed over the fence in the early hours of the morning.

"It took four days using time-lapse cameras to determine the movement of the people and secondly to determine the pattern of where the dogs went. On some evenings the big dogs were in the front and small dogs were in the house. We had to get our timing right. It was a covert operation," said Birch.

After filming the find and posting the video on internet website YouTube, Birch said he had been told that the suspect was consulting lawyers about the validity of the clip and whether he could prefer criminal charges.

"I can understand that [the suspect] is very upset. I'm hoping that he's a level-headed man and that he sees that my intentions were honourable."

He said the suspect would not allow police to enter his mother's property to excavate the driveway to prove his suspicions wrong.

Birch said an extensive 15 months of research led him to the suspect's back yard in June.

"It became a job; when I start something, whatever I do, I give it 100%."

Birch said his personal quest to investigate the McCann child's disappearance had cost him about R500000.

He admits he was not immediately interested in the case after hearing about it from a tenant of one of his buildings.

"My core business is property but I went on to Google and happened to see a video of Madeleine McCann.

"I saw the video clip of her mothering and looking after her two siblings. It was a heart-wrenching video," said Birch.

McCann went missing from a holiday flat in 2007 while on holiday with her two-year-old twin siblings and parents Kate and Gerry. The children were unsupervised while their parents went out for dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Birch said that he had never spoken to the McCanns.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Maddie hunter might be charged Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddie hunter might be charged Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Maddie hunter might be charged Empty Re: Maddie hunter might be charged

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 9 Jul - 6:19

Sounds like there might be a market for a newspaper called "The Might-Be News".

I filter out most articles which might-be or possibly-could-be as there is so much to read these days...but I did read this as I am curious , as most people probably are, to find out where Birch has got his info from regarding where the burial site might be and the times of McCann movement quoted.

The movements of the McCanns may have been seen by witnesses as Kate has been anxious to trace workers at the Ocean Club who may have seen anything. I think they are v worried that they were seen late on the 3rd and early on the 4th of May.

If Robert Murat has said he won't allow his garden to be checked, I find this odd. I read he won £700,000 in court but does anyone know whether it was from Jane Tanner or a tapas member as well? Can't remember where I saw it. Is it true?
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
Maddie hunter might be charged Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddie hunter might be charged Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 9 Jul - 6:46

whatsupdoc wrote:Sounds like there might be a market for a newspaper called "The Might-Be News".

I filter out most articles which might-be or possibly-could-be as there is so much to read these days...but I did read this as I am curious , as most people probably are, to find out where Birch has got his info from regarding where the burial site might be and the times of McCann movement quoted.

The movements of the McCanns may have been seen by witnesses as Kate has been anxious to trace workers at the Ocean Club who may have seen anything. I think they are v worried that they were seen late on the 3rd and early on the 4th of May.

If Robert Murat has said he won't allow his garden to be checked, I find this odd. I read he won £700,000 in court but does anyone know whether it was from Jane Tanner or a tapas member as well? Can't remember where I saw it. Is it true?

He won libel damages from Express Newspapers and Associated Newspapers - at the time believed to be £600K. It has also been stated he won a libel action against Sky TV (settlement amount unknown)
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 9 Jul - 7:06

Thanks, Chris. Large payouts like that usually come from newspapers or the like.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 9 Jul - 9:08

I think Robert Murat had as much right to a payout as the McCanns and their Tapas friends, he was castigated by the media, far worse than the McCanns and their Tapas mates were.

Considering the police found no evidence at all to link Robert Murat to Madeleine's disappearance, he is still suspected by some as playing a major part and he is begrudged every penny of the payout he received. I hope that his mum's garden is dug over for the 3rd time and if it is established that there are no human remains in the garden, Robert Murat and his mother sue the pants of Stephen Birch.

In my opinion, Birch paid that visit to the Murat's home, for one reason only and that was to implicate Robert Murat, in the disappearance of Madeleine.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 9 Jul - 9:08

I think Robert Murat had as much right to a payout as the McCanns and their Tapas friends, he was castigated by the media, far worse than the McCanns and their Tapas mates were.

Considering the police found no evidence at all to link Robert Murat to Madeleine's disappearance, he is still suspected by some as playing a major part and he is begrudged every penny of the payout he received. I hope that his mum's garden is dug over for the 3rd time and if it is established that there are no human remains in the garden, Robert Murat and his mother sue the pants of Stephen Birch.

In my opinion, Birch paid that visit to the Murat's home, for one reason only and that was to implicate Robert Murat, in the disappearance of Madeleine.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 9 Jul - 9:45

kathybelle

You wrote:

"In my opinion, Birch paid that visit to the Murat's home, for one reason only and that was to implicate Robert Murat, in the disappearance of Madeleine."

Absolutely agree with you it's who is behind Birch that is important.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 9 Jul - 9:51

Angelique wrote:kathybelle

You wrote:

"In my opinion, Birch paid that visit to the Murat's home, for one reason only and that was to implicate Robert Murat, in the disappearance of Madeleine."

Absolutely agree with you it's who is behind Birch that is important.

We have gone full circle really. Some five years on and here we are. Child missing, parents shouting their innocence from the roof tops and the first arguido back in the limelight again. All of this, following the sudden and recent articles from ex detectives telling us how there is no way the McCanns were involved and abduction is a certainty. It is like a time warp.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 9 Jul - 9:53

Doubtlessly the McCanns will also be interested in suing for the wicked, hurtful and unhelpful distraction from their relentless and unending search for their daughter Madeleine.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 9 Jul - 10:00

I must be turning into a right cynical old witch. When I read this thread title, I immediately had visions of Kate and Gerry preseenting Birch with an enormous bill. because he failed his set task. Let's face it. any excuse to make money. Maddie hunter might be charged 182123 Maddie hunter might be charged 182123 Maddie hunter might be charged 182123
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 9 Jul - 10:29

Iris wrote:I must be turning into a right cynical old witch. When I read this thread title, I immediately had visions of Kate and Gerry preseenting Birch with an enormous bill. because he failed his set task. Let's face it. any excuse to make money. Maddie hunter might be charged 182123 Maddie hunter might be charged 182123 Maddie hunter might be charged 182123
If it's free or profitable they descend like flies round a jam pot, despicable...... Maddie hunter might be charged 477442
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 9 Jul - 12:00

So many topics on Birch that I wasn't sure where to post, hope you don't mind me posting here.

I've just watched the video of Birch and his analysis. I don't understand what I'm supposed to be looking at when he points out on the screen, he says it's evidence that a spade was used, how does he know a spade was used and what does the image represent, or is everyone else baffled by it?

He says the driveway was newly constructed........ does anyone know how new it is?

I also asked on another thread about the searches done on Murats garden but it went unanswered, if someone wouldn't mind telling me how extensive were the searches on Murats property? After 5 years and so much info to take in I forget every piece of detail.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 9 Jul - 12:09

How can he be charged before any excavating has been done? There maybe someones body there. Ridiculous IMO.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 9 Jul - 12:28

margaret wrote:How can he be charged before any excavating has been done? There maybe someones body there. Ridiculous IMO.

I am guessing he can't be charged with a trespass in Portugal through the South African courts and I very much doubt it is an extriditable offence either. At best it might only stop him returning to Portugal.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 9 Jul - 13:17

princess_leia wrote:

I also asked on another thread about the searches done on Murats garden but it went unanswered, if someone wouldn't mind telling me how extensive were the searches on Murats property? After 5 years and so much info to take in I forget every piece of detail.

It was very extensive indeed, they even drained his swimming pool. The remains of a Roman Vila were found under his house/garden, stories were flying out into the media, including he had a "secret chamber" hidden under the house, which isn't unusual here, we've got one under the driveway, but we call it a wine cellar as that is what it was built for to keep the bottles at an even temperature.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 9 Jul - 13:28

princess_leia wrote:So many topics on Birch that I wasn't sure where to post, hope you don't mind me posting here.

I've just watched the video of Birch and his analysis. I don't understand what I'm supposed to be looking at when he points out on the screen, he says it's evidence that a spade was used, how does he know a spade was used and what does the image represent, or is everyone else baffled by it?

He says the driveway was newly constructed........ does anyone know how new it is?

Searches were done in May 2007 and again in August 2007, when ground-penetrating radar was used and Eddie dog investigated the area. Nothing was found. I think there is a recent report on the Joana Morais blog about the extent of the searches.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 9 Jul - 16:43

Thanks for that.......so unlikely Eddie would've missed a cadaver imo!
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 9 Jul - 19:06

princess_leia wrote:Thanks for that.......so unlikely Eddie would've missed a cadaver imo!

Hi princess_leia, hope u r well...we seem to meet every 6-12 months... Maddie hunter might be charged 25346

I agree, if the cadaver dog, Eddie, gave the garden the all clear then I would assume there is not a body buried in it. I saw the video of the dog detecting a body in US 12 feet down under alsorts including rotting meat...well done that dog.

I'll laugh if a dig is done and all that is found is a bent piece of plastic drainpipe from a building job. Maddie hunter might be charged 294124
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 9 Jul - 19:07

whatsupdoc wrote:
princess_leia wrote:Thanks for that.......so unlikely Eddie would've missed a cadaver imo!

Hi princess_leia, hope u r well...we seem to meet every 6-12 months... Maddie hunter might be charged 25346

I agree, if the cadaver dog, Eddie, gave the garden the all clear then I would assume there is not a body buried in it. I saw the video of the dog detecting a body in US 12 feet down under alsorts including rotting meat...well done that dog.

I'll laugh if a dig is done and all that is found is a bent piece of plastic drainpipe from a building job. Maddie hunter might be charged 294124

I'd laugh even harder if it was half a coconut.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 9 Jul - 19:58

whatsupdoc wrote:

Hi, very well thank you! Maddie hunter might be charged 25346 Are you well?

Time just goes by so quickly. On the 3rd of May this year I mentioned to hubby that is 5 years since this sorry mess started. Just saying it aloud sounded crazy that it's been that long!

The dogs are incredible, what I've seen and read about them anyway. But something bothers me about this guy, he sounds so genuine and not a hoax.........I don't know, maybe I'm going mad!
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down