Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned?

+12
LJC
wjk
almostgothic
chrissie
Keela
kathybelle
ann_chovey
kitti
AnnaEsse
BelEddie
Bobsy
malena stool
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned?

Post  wjk Tue 13 Nov - 15:35

I think that is Gerry but the woman is not thin enough to be Kate imo
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned?

Post  Keela Tue 13 Nov - 15:46

Panda wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Google his name, Panda, there are plenty of photos of him. He is definitely the man at the front in this photo.

Thanks NBY, O.K. we know the front runner is Doug Skehan but I am still not convinced the guy in blue is Gerry. If you have a ,magnifier, turn it up and it looks less like Gerry, the hair line is different and he looks about 6 ft tall. Anyway, we have been told that Gerry joined in for the first few miles with others, so maybe he is not in it......I would have expected him to be running with Doug because he is quite a keen runner..Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 25346

You can say that again, Panda. He has been running away from the truth for the last 5 years.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 13 Nov - 15:58

According to a close friend of the family, "Gerry is a far better runner than Doug and because he wanted to show his support, but didn't want to show him up doing it, he limited his participation to running the first few miles only and without the usual Madeleine T-shirt. As far as Kate was concerned, as a prominent author she is unable to tear herself away from working on her next book and had no time to participate in someone else's charity run."
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 Nov - 16:17

Keela wrote:
Panda wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Google his name, Panda, there are plenty of photos of him. He is definitely the man at the front in this photo.

Thanks NBY, O.K. we know the front runner is Doug Skehan but I am still not convinced the guy in blue is Gerry. If you have a ,magnifier, turn it up and it looks less like Gerry, the hair line is different and he looks about 6 ft tall. Anyway, we have been told that Gerry joined in for the first few miles with others, so maybe he is not in it......I would have expected him to be running with Doug because he is quite a keen runner..Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 25346

You can say that again, Panda. He has been running away from the truth for the last 5 years.

As has Kate Keela........ by George she's got it!!!! I finally learned to Embolden and change colour UUM how do I get it back to normal Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 13 Nov - 16:19

T4two wrote:According to a close friend of the family, "Gerry is a far better runner than Doug and because he wanted to show his support, but didn't want to show him up doing it, he limited his participation to running the first few miles only and without the usual Madeleine T-shirt. As far as Kate was concerned, as a prominent author she is unable to tear herself away from working on her next book and had no time to participate in someone else's charity run."

Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 23324
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Tue 13 Nov - 17:37

T4two wrote:According to a close friend of the family, "Gerry is a far better runner than Doug and because he wanted to show his support, but didn't want to show him up doing it, he limited his participation to running the first few miles only and without the usual Madeleine T-shirt. As far as Kate was concerned, as a prominent author she is unable to tear herself away from working on her next book and had no time to participate in someone else's charity run."

Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 23324
That's uncommonly kind of him, not even the T shirt, well it wasn't the Fund or 'charity' as they like to think of it. Although it is a Ltd Company.

'....and here comes Dr. McCann, running to get more donations to the Ltd. Company set up by him and his dear wife. The name made a trademark just over two weeks after his daughter disappeared. It's jolly nice of him to keep collecting cash since strictly speaking their daughter as a ward of court is not their responsibility - it just shows the generous hearts of these parents.. ...'

A much better runner? I've seen him arriving at the finish - not so fresh even after a half marathon and since when has he won anything? He won one race when he was a student.

I also didn't know Kate was a prominent author, what about the ghost writer? Perhaps it's Jeffrey Archer this time.....

'No time to participate in someone else's charity run' . Bit of a put-down?

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Tue 13 Nov - 22:41

What is interesting in my opinion is that the answer to the question originally posted, "Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned?" is yes - at least in the local press (it didn't make the nationals). The only mention of GM's participation seems to be the one liner on the website I linked to previously. I'm certain that this is a significant development. Perhaps it means that GM and KM have been told (by someone) to stfu? Or perhaps it's an attempt to 'disappear' back into some kind of ordinary way of life - although I don't see that as being acceptable to either GM or KM.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 14 Nov - 5:53

T4two wrote:What is interesting in my opinion is that the answer to the question originally posted, "Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned?" is yes - at least in the local press (it didn't make the nationals). The only mention of GM's participation seems to be the one liner on the website I linked to previously. I'm certain that this is a significant development. Perhaps it means that GM and KM have been told (by someone) to stfu? Or perhaps it's an attempt to 'disappear' back into some kind of ordinary way of life - although I don't see that as being acceptable to either GM or KM.

I think you're right, they're finally and slowly being sidelined. Kate's nominal ambassadorship, she may just be on the books but we won't see much of her. Be interesting to keep an eye on the accounts of Missing People, since they are very detailed.

Gerry must have been given another sop. Whatever it is. Or perhaps he's hoping to run for MP - stupidity is no handicap in politics, according to Napoleon.
I'm looking forward to the next installment of 'what Katie did'. Because Napoleon also said: 'Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake'.

That message on their site is so arrogant, it's unbelievable. We Gods, you - Cattle....
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Nov - 9:31

What is the message on the website, Tigger?

It's understandable if the McCanns think they are godlike in view of all the special treatment they've had over the years; it wouldn't have been bestowed on lesser mortals.

My favourite quote from the website is "It's never too late to do the right thing".

No, Team McCann, it certainly isn't!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 14 Nov - 9:48

kathybelle wrote:Does anyone know why Doug Skehan, along with John McCann (Gerry's brother) resigned as directors of Madeleine's fund? I was lead to believe that they resigned unexpectedly, but I don't know if this was the case.

It's a question which has certainly puzzled us all, and sure as hell the 'Fund' will never give us the real reason!
All we are left with is speculation to fill the vacuum, and seeing that picture of GM and Skehan running together has caused me to have another think about it.
Bear with me, this is just a theory right off the top of my head:

Skehan = GM's friend and boss.
J McCann = GM's brother.

As we can see from the photo, Skehan and GM appear to be still on good and friendly terms.
And until we learn otherwise, we have to assume that GM and his brother still have a cordial relationship.

Given the above, it might be reasonable to think that there was no acrimony between the two aforementioned and GM re their resignations.

Let's add a few more ingredients to the mix.
KM of late has been much more 'hands on' and definitely in the driver's seat.
GM has been decidedly backseat, sometimes to the point of invisibility.

There have been rumours recently of a marital split and even a 'new burrd'.
In circumstances like this, friends, family and colleagues sometimes find themselves having to take sides, especially when they and the warring partners are involved in a joint venture such as the 'Fund'.

Obviously, GM cannot resign from his own 'Fund', (how bad would that look!), but would maintain a nominal presence for appearances' sake.
But his supporters might feel the need to make a stand in the face of an emotiomal and organisational power struggle.

Consider Charles and Diana.
Not only living apart but the creation by Diana of her own Royal Court.
KM now has her own 'Royal Court' and the courtiers that surround her are hers and hers alone.

Just a theory and JMO.

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 14 Nov - 10:10

Not forgetting almostgothic that Clarence has another job , the Press have been strangely silent of late, no new sightings

nor reporting much on the 6th Anniversary , I don't know if they are still reporting on facebook because I am not a Member. My guess would be it is to do with the Review which must have been completed by now.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 14 Nov - 10:56

I think like almostgothic says, they've probably gone their seperate ways.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 14 Nov - 13:14

wjk wrote:Oooh yes it is! And not a word about him in the article!! Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 87849

panda wrote

Iv'e had another look and still not convinced, Gerry is not very tall but this guy looks not far off 6ft. Also, the hairline, Gerrys' is receding at both sides but this Guy looks to have less and a bit curly Hair, The article says Gerry ran the first few miles, maybe this photo was taken after that, There doesn't seem to be that many runners , maybe more had dropped out

So, this just goes to show how unreliable sightings can be, doesnt it? Yes this guy looks 6ft. tall and it also looks like Gerry and the majority opinion seems to be that it is indeed Gerry.

However, in PDL, the Smith sighting, it had been considered, by me certainly, whether it could have been ROB carrying a child. Again, the opinion though was that because ROB is tall, taller than Gerry, therefore it couldn't have been ROB.

I did ask at the time whether there was a picture of ROB and Gerry taken side by side? This may go to show the difference in height between the two men.

However, looking now at this picture of Gerry I am inclined to think he is much taller than we all believe him to be.

Perhaps it is that Kate is also tall? A tall woman next to a man can make the man appear to look shorter than he really is.

As for the hairline, I always thought that ROB and Gerry had similar hairlines, but over time the hairline of a man can change considerably from one photo to another, especially once over the age of 40!
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed 14 Nov - 13:41

kathybelle wrote:Does anyone know why Doug Skehan, along with John McCann (Gerry's brother) resigned as directors of Madeleine's fund? I was lead to believe that they resigned unexpectedly, but I don't know if this was the case.

They had been directors for 3 years or so, so there's nothing unusual about resigning to allow new blood onto the board to generate new ideas and strategies for the 'search' for madeleine. they were probably quite bored after that time.

the resignation i question is Esther Mcveigh at the end of 2007 after only a few months. She was apparently a close friend of kate's and money was coming in then. the official reason was being busy with her political career but I don't buy that. Why not stay on the board, attend the odd meeting and use it to raise her profile as a would be politician helping this grieving family?
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 14 Nov - 14:12

James wrote:

They had been directors for 3 years or so, so there's nothing unusual about resigning to allow new blood onto the board to generate new ideas and strategies for the 'search' for madeleine. they were probably quite bored after that time.

the resignation i question is Esther Mcveigh at the end of 2007 after only a few months. She was apparently a close friend of kate's and money was coming in then. the official reason was being busy with her political career but I don't buy that. Why not stay on the board, attend the odd meeting and use it to raise her profile as a would be politician helping this grieving family?

I think she officialy resigned in january 08. The month before and January they were negotiating a deal with a film company, Mitchell even spoke about it and also in a bidding war with two US talk shows, one of which was Oprah. On top of that a documentary was discussed for which they also would get paid.
Some sums in the region of a million (Oprah). Others no doubt also hefty.
Kate had also let it be known that she would be ambassador for lost children and gave up her job as GP.
All this was going on whilst they were still arguidos and they could in fact not give interviews until that status was lifted.

I think McVey saw the truth writ large and chose to leave asap. Very sensible.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 14 Nov - 15:48

tigger wrote:
James wrote:

I think she officialy resigned in january 08. The month before and January they were negotiating a deal with a film company, Mitchell even spoke about it and also in a bidding war with two US talk shows, one of which was Oprah. On top of that a documentary was discussed for which they also would get paid.
Some sums in the region of a million (Oprah). Others no doubt also hefty.
Kate had also let it be known that she would be ambassador for lost children and gave up her job as GP.
All this was going on whilst they were still arguidos and they could in fact not give interviews until that status was lifted.

I think McVey saw the truth writ large and chose to leave asap. Very sensible

Agree and with a bit of luck her association with the pair will be all but forgotten when it blows up in their faces - even now she's probably safe from criticism. The longer it goes on with nothing happening the safer she and others who were initially taken in will be. Oh dear! What am I saying? Is this Dr Gerry with Doug Skehan, in a marathon photo without being mentioned? - Page 2 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 14 Nov - 16:00

I think Esther McVey resigned over the using the Fund to pay Legal Fees. She appeared on T.V. and gave a statement that at a Meeting of the Board of directors it was agreed that the Fund would NOT be used for Legal Fees. a Couple of months later . must have been Gerry, asked a QC if it was legal and was advised that since the Fund included "support for the Family" it was acceptable.....not long after McVey resigned. That was the problem with having Friends and Family as Directors and it being a Private Company woth no Shareholders they can do anything they like.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2