Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did Kennedy approach Murat?

+4
cass
T4two
tigger
almostgothic
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Empty Why did Kennedy approach Murat?

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 9:41

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3867900.ece

Brian Kennedy, the home improvements tycoon backing the McCanns, admitted yesterday that he flew to Portugal last November and spent an evening with Robert Murat, apart from the McCanns the only other official suspect. A source close to Kennedy said he was “gathering information”.

Kennedy’s lawyer, Ed Smethurst, approached Murat through a mutual friend and said that Kennedy wanted to offer him a job.

But the job offer never transpired. Kennedy spent the evening with Murat and his lawyers at his aunt’s house in Praia da Luz, discussing Madeleine’s disappearance.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Empty Re: Why did Kennedy approach Murat?

Post  jd16 Fri 14 Dec - 9:53

I thought brian kennedy was a windows man not a private investigator....He should't have been meddling and speaking with witnesses in the then ongoing police investigation

Kennedy wanted to offer a job to the main suspect against his beloved mccanns Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 23324 Pull the other one smethurst

Who is the "mutual friend" between murat and smethurst? This would be interesting to know
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 14 Dec - 10:01

Whatever his motives (and I've never understood why Kennedy had to be quite so personally involved in this sorry mess):

He left with a "flea in his ear" after being confronted over reports that Metodo 3, the McCanns' private investigators, had suspicions about Murat.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id147.html
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 10:05

jd16 wrote:I thought brian kennedy was a windows man not a private investigator....He should't have been meddling and speaking with witnesses in the then ongoing police investigation

Kennedy wanted to offer a job to the main suspect against his beloved mccanns Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 23324 Pull the other one smethurst

Who is the "mutual friend" between murat and smethurst? This would be interesting to know

I have a little store of old news which interests me and came across this , worth discussing.

Kennedy supposedly paid the investigation fees for the search for madeleine and supposedly recruited them personally.

Metodo 3, Halligen and Alpha..........the first 2 more experienced in money laundering and fraud, the third came up with nothing except the Barcelona rubbish.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 10:46

Also, who was the" mutual friend" of Smethurst ? Smethurst, Corporate Lawyer for Kennedy.s Companies was later appointed a Director of NSU , he was the person who went to Portugal with Gerry to appoint a Lawyer with regard to taking out an injunction on Amaral.

Beginning to look as though there was a conspiracy of Freemasons, Smethurst is one.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 14 Dec - 19:02

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE`MUTUAL FRIEND',BUT I MIGHT HAVE AT ONE POINT WORKED OUT WHOSE ITWAS,BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHOM IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 14 Dec - 20:06

Badboy wrote:I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE`MUTUAL FRIEND',BUT I MIGHT HAVE AT ONE POINT WORKED OUT WHOSE ITWAS,BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHOM IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN
I was thinking of Geraghty, who kindly provided the key to the church, such a nice quiet place to meet and speak unobserved.

Geraghty is a retired business man, businessmen like BK who played golf and Smethurst, who has an apartment in PdL would most likely know each other. PdL only had about 1000 inhabitants, ex pats would certainly know or know of each other.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 14 Dec - 20:09

Badboy wrote:I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE`MUTUAL FRIEND',BUT I MIGHT HAVE AT ONE POINT WORKED OUT WHOSE ITWAS,BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHOM IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN

That's as clear as mud badboy.Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 294124 I read somewhere that Smethurst has a Villa in PDL so it could be Geraghty who asked Fr. Pacecho if the McCanns could have a key to the church and arranged for the rented car to be stored in his garage so the McCanns could get their own forensics to check it out.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 14 Dec - 20:54

tigger wrote:
I was thinking of Geraghty, who kindly provided the key to the church, such a nice quiet place to meet and speak unobserved.

Geraghty is a retired business man, businessmen like BK who played golf and Smethurst, who has an apartment in PdL would most likely know each other. PdL only had about 1000 inhabitants, ex pats would certainly know or know of each other.
COME TO THINK ABOUT IT,WASN'T KENNEDY SUPPOSEDLY DOING WINDOW WORK IN THE PDL AREA
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 14 Dec - 21:35

WASN'T THERE LOTS OF CHESHIRE CONNECTED FIRMS/PEOPLE IN THE ALGARVE LIKE JONES HOMES/EMERSON HOMES ETC
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 15 Dec - 1:26

smethurst has been holidaying in PDL for over a decade. He apparently stays at a 'friends' apartment in OC

Everytime I look into something 9 times out of 10 there is a trail back to Cheshire...fascinating area of the UK is our Cheshire Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 25346 very interesting place Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 25346 Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 25346

Emerson Developments (Holdings) Limited (registered in the same place in Cheshire where smethurst also has his businesses-small world isn't it!) own the Boavista Golf Course in PDL, where john geraghty amongst others also plays. Boavista Golf Course sits right on top of Rocha Negra, where the PJ did searches and also where kate mccann had 'her dream' on July 23rd/24th which led to the dogs being called in...Golf/Cheshire and a couple of other things feature greatly in PDL thats for sure
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 15 Dec - 1:39

Panda wrote:

That's as clear as mud badboy.Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 294124 I read somewhere that Smethurst has a Villa in PDL so it could be Geraghty who asked Fr. Pacecho if the McCanns could have a key to the church and arranged for the rented car to be stored in his garage so the McCanns could get their own forensics to check it out.

It was Geraghty who arranged the keys to the church and also stored the mccanns hire car when the mccanns fled Portugal. The Hubbards took care of the apartment and storing all the mccanns belongings that they left when they fled. Was it a coincidence that the Hubbards arrived at the church on May 6th 2007, and together with Geraghty became the mccanns closest friends and helpers?.....thinking!!!

Norfolk seems to be a breeding ground for priests in PDL too...and we have our friend robert murat also from Norfolk
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Dec - 5:35

jd16, to add more confusion ...didn't the Hubbards come from Canada to PDL and didn't the McCanns visit relatives in Canada earlier this year.????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 15 Dec - 6:53

Panda wrote:jd16, to add more confusion ...didn't the Hubbards come from Canada to PDL and didn't the McCanns visit relatives in Canada earlier this year.????

The Hubbards were based in Canada at the time in 2007 but he certainly originated from Norfolk. It always feels that if you work in a church in Norfolk, you are get trained to ultimately go to the Algarve. The mccanns do have a relative in Canada whom they went to see as their "first holiday" since Maddie disappeared. Susan Hubbard did often go and stay with the mccanns back in Rothley too....clearly the Hubbards and mcanns are very close...maybe the guilt secret they share is what bonds them so tightly together?
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 15 Dec - 8:32

jd16 wrote:
Panda wrote:

It was Geraghty who arranged the keys to the church and also stored the mccanns hire car when the mccanns fled Portugal. The Hubbards took care of the apartment and storing all the mccanns belongings that they left when they fled. Was it a coincidence that the Hubbards arrived at the church on May 6th 2007, and together with Geraghty became the mccanns closest friends and helpers?.....thinking!!!

Norfolk seems to be a breeding ground for priests in PDL too...and we have our friend robert murat also from Norfolk

Not only that, I believe the vicar came first and Susan Hubbard was left in Canada with the childen I think to make final arrangements for the move.

Which imo implies that the move was very sudden? Such as flying out Hubbard within 48 hours of 3/5?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Dec - 8:43

".....And just by a freak coincidence Margaret Hodge's nephew, Philip Martin Edmonds, was staying at the Ocean Club the week Maddie went missing in 2007. In fact he cut short his stay there and told Stephen Carpenter around 7pm on the night of May 3rd in the Tapas Bar that he was catching a plane to Switzerland the next morning cutting short his holiday by a day. He didn't seem to have checked out either "

Iv'e taken this extract from jd's post on the Cameron thread. Could Philip Edmonds be the 10th Tapas who it was said left in his Plane???? UUM, whose Stephen Carpenter?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 15 Dec - 8:56

tigger wrote:
jd16 wrote:
Panda wrote:

Not only that, I believe the vicar came first and Susan Hubbard was left in Canada with the childen I think to make final arrangements for the move.

Which imo implies that the move was very sudden? Such as flying out Hubbard within 48 hours of 3/5?

When my company in Germany posted me to England some years ago I actually went 3 months before my wife and children followed. This allowed me time to make arrangements for accommodation, schools etc. before they arrived. The actual move, which was paid for by my company was carried out by a removal firm - packing transportation etc. so that effectively my wife had very little to do. Seemed a logical way of doing things. The fact that Hubbard went to PdL first and his wife and children followed later therefore isn't necessarily significant IMO.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 15 Dec - 9:48

HERE'S A POSSIBLY INTERESTING THING.
THE WILMSLOW EXPRESS PUBLISHED AN ARTICLE ON 2 MAY 2007 MENTIONING PETER EMERSON JONES AND BRIAN KENNEDY AND MENTIONS PORTUGAL AS WELL
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 15 Dec - 9:54

Badboy wrote:HERE'S A POSSIBLY INTERESTING THING.
THE WILMSLOW EXPRESS PUBLISHED AN ARTICLE ON 2 MAY 2007 MENTIONING PETER EMERSON JONES AND BRIAN KENNEDY AND MENTIONS PORTUGAL AS WELL

Do you have a link to the article Badboy? or has it been whooshed?
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 15 Dec - 9:58

tigger wrote:Which imo implies that the move was very sudden? Such as flying out Hubbard within 48 hours of 3/5?

There seems to be quite a few sudden last minute moves in those few days in PDL. Hubbard flown in, Murat flown in (both then heavily involved in the mccann case), Edmunds sudden fly out!.....thinking !!! Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 303636
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 15 Dec - 18:12

im on the fence still with splinters in me arse -- theres something connected about murrat -- i think he helped in some way after events -- and if its true that he asked to be made arguido --why ? no i think hes involved -- why didnt he sue the finering poining tapas group --
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 15 Dec - 18:31

found this

Jones tops the queen in the wealth stakes
Betty Anderson

May 02, 2007

Submit Comments | Printable Version Previous | Next Close Map
Free £25 bet on today's football with Betfair KEEPING up with the Joneses is always a challenge but now even the Queen can't match the wealth of the Alderley Edge builder.

Peter Jones, 70, boss of the Emerson Group and his family are worth an estimated £610 million, according to the latest rich list.

That is almost twice the fortune attributed to the Monarch - £320 million.

The mild mannered and charming Mr Jones has expanded his portfolio as an international property developer over recent years and his fortune is as safe as houses thanks to his astute business acumen in being able to spot the next hot spot.

According to the The Sunday Times Rich List the Emerson Group founded 40 years ago has assets of £596 million and other interests clock up a further £14 million.

A family man who keeps out of the glare of the media has been quietly ammassing a fortune since he began as a house builder in the 1960's. He has gone on to add the powerful commercial arm, Orbit Developments, and Emerson International.

The firm also has stakes in the leisure industry, residential and commercial property in Portugal and Florida.

Wilmslow millionaires also on The Rich List 2007 include Brian Kennedy who made his money in the home improvement industry.

His company Latium, made £45 million profits on more than £500 million sales last year. He owns Weatherseal Windows and recently took over Ultraframe Conservatories but is probably best know as boss of Sale Sharks, one of the top rugby union clubs in the country. His children play the game for Wilmslow High School and he is often on the side lines cheering them on alongside other parents.

He is worth £350 million, according to experts.

Wilmslow based Peter Dawson and family who run Consolidated Property Wilmslow have seen profits rising this year and stack up a healthy £108 million thanks to the rising property market.

Football is represented in its many and varied ways with Martin Edwards, former chairman of Manchester United, leading with a striking £112 million.

The Wilmslow based businessman bought Carluccio's cafe chain and his bank balance grew when he floated it on the stock market.

The new Posh and Becks, Wayne and Colleen who live in Prestbury have an estimated wealth of £30million between them and Manchester United striker Rio Ferdinand of Alderley Edge has £25million.

Christiano Ronaldo is worth £8 million.

Other local business entrepreneurs previously on the list have been pushed out as internet millionaires take over the highest ranking positions.

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 15 Dec - 18:34

cass, an early Christmas present for your splinters! Why did Kennedy approach Murat? 25346

Why did Kennedy approach Murat? Th_images-26
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Dec - 18:44

cass wrote:im on the fence still with splinters in me arse -- theres something connected about murrat -- i think he helped in some way after events -- and if its true that he asked to be made arguido --why ? no i think hes involved -- why didnt he sue the finering poining tapas group --

Very graphic description cassWhy did Kennedy approach Murat? 23324

Gerry was asked if he knew Murat and he said "no comment", now why would he say that?Why was Smethhurst appointed a Director? Why did John McCann and , Doug Skehan and Hubner resign in 2010.Why was Brian Kennedy responsible for recruiting Metodo 3 and Halligen whose experience was more in money laundering. why didn't the Fund sue Halligen?

There are so many questions and I have a horrible feeling they will remain unanswered.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 15 Dec - 18:54

Hi cherry, Kennedy is a rogue, I think it was Weatherseal which took deposits for windows from hundreds of people and bankrupted the Company. He has also reneged on loans from RBS and another Firm, can't remember the name , think it was in Canada, Australia maybe. He has had two Companies struck off for not producing accounts and lists 26 "Holding Companies".Now you tell me why Kennedy was so pally with the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next