Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queniborough

+7
jd16
malena stool
fred
margaret
interested
Loopdaloop
dazedandconfused
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Queniborough Empty Queniborough

Post  jd16 Tue 22 Jan - 17:37

The mccanns bought their house in Queniborough in 2000 and sold it to move to Rothley in January 2006. Whilst living in Queniborough the mccanns moved to Amsterdam for about a year in 2004

Lots of questions come to mind...Why over 17 months after moving out of the Queniborough house is gerry mccann still using this address for the car hire in PDL? This is not a few weeks later but a year and a half, all transfers of address etc will have been done a long time ago by then. Plus as a customer he is giving false information to Budget as he does not live there

With the credit card theft (apart from trains do not go to Waterloo from Gatwick), why does gerry mccann keep the Queniborough address in his wallet? Surely if anything it would be the current address in Rothley?

What terrific friends he has to go from Amsterdam to Rothley and then to PDL to pop it back to him a few days later!! Family members were constantly jetting back and forth, none of them offered to take it but "friends" from Amsterdam made the big effort to fly from another country instead

None of this adds up.....Queniborough, Amsterdam, photos of Maddie...is there a secret message being portrayed with this false story of the stolen wallet? And still using the Queniborough address

Queniborough Carhireagree

...The wallet was posted to the McCanns' former house in Queniborough, Leicestershire, the address which was inside. It was forwarded to their current home in nearby Rothley and then brought out to the couple in Praia da Luz, Portugal, by friends visiting at the weekend.

A postmark suggested it was sent from London on June 22, the day of the theft. Apart from a sum of sterling, everything else in the wallet - including Euros and his driving licence - was returned.
Brian Kennedy, Madeleine's great uncle, said Mr McCann was "pleased" the pictures had been recovered.

"Either someone with a conscience has realised who they had stolen it from and decided to return it, or it was discarded by the thief and sent to us by someone who found it," he said.
"I have spoken to Gerry and he is pleased. As far as I can tell, all the pictures that were in there of Madeleine are still there. It's a bit of good news, which we haven't had for some time."
In his daily blog on the official findmadeleine.com website Mr McCann wrote: "Our friends brought back my wallet which had been returned, needless to say minus the sterling, although all my cards and 30 euros were still in it!
"It is good to have my driving license back and one or two other important things," he wrote, referring to the photographs of his daughter who has now been missing for 60 days.
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
Queniborough Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Queniborough Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Queniborough Empty Re: Queniborough

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 17:46

Failing to notify DVLA of a change of address is an offence, of course.

Was the house sold to a demonstrable third-party, or does it still somehow come under Gerald's purview?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 17:53

I wondered if the McCanns still owned but rented out 14 The Mews but according to 192.com it was indeed sold in January 2006.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 17:54

Thanks NBY.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 22 Jan - 18:48

Nothing about this whole saga makes sense and the deeper we dig, the less it makes.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 22 Jan - 19:49

Must be something to do with the 'pictures'...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 22 Jan - 20:32

The End Is Nigh wrote:Failing to notify DVLA of a change of address is an offence, of course.

Was the house sold to a demonstrable third-party, or does it still somehow come under Gerald's purview?

I hope you've tipped them of!!

Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 20:47

Oh, I reckon his Saintliness has long since sorted it out!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 21:07

Remember it was not just a "bloody thief" or a "rotten pickpocket" or a "sodding junkie" that stole the wallet. It was a "dirty animal". That description has always puzzled me. I was once the victim of an attempted mugging by a "bloody junkie" but I'd never have thought of describing him as a "dirty animal". Jimmy Savile, for instance, now there's a "dirty animal". Queniborough 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 22 Jan - 23:24

Iris wrote:Remember it was not just a "bloody thief" or a "rotten pickpocket" or a "sodding junkie" that stole the wallet. It was a "dirty animal". That description has always puzzled me. I was once the victim of an attempted mugging by a "bloody junkie" but I'd never have thought of describing him as a "dirty animal". Jimmy Savile, for instance, now there's a "dirty animal". Queniborough 303636

LOL - Auntie Phil, could always be counted on to come through for wee Gerry.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Tue 22 Jan - 23:41

kitti wrote:Must be something to do with the 'pictures'...

This is what I was thinking which never occurred to me before. I'd always found it strange that one of these "irreplaceable" photos was one taken a month or so previous at a christening (I see their christenings in a different light now)....in the day of digital photos, they would have been saved as a digital file before being printed so therefore he could just print another one, if this wallet stealing was true. No, the photos and having to be associated to Queniborough address was for a reason like with everything they do..Those photos of Maddie with make up always disturb me and I see this as a warning to someone or someones out there...One of the biggest subject in this fairytale has been photos in one way or another

How do the owners of the Queniborough address feel that the former owners are still using their address on documents 17/18 months later I wonder
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 23 Jan - 7:38

Yes she also said something about money bringing out the worse type off people....can anyone remember her words?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 9:25

She's infamous for a comment about the reward money.

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/philomena-mccann-one-greedy.html

Money certainly can and often does bring out the worst in people and I'm sure the McCanns would agree with that......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 Jan - 10:10

jd16 wrote:

"Either someone with a conscience has realised who they had stolen it from and decided to return it, or it was discarded by the thief and sent to us by someone who found it," he said.

In his daily blog on the official findmadeleine.com website Mr McCann wrote: "Our friends brought back my wallet which had been returned, needless to say minus the sterling, although all my cards and 30 euros were still in it!
"It is good to have my driving license back and one or two other important things," he wrote, referring to the photographs of his daughter who has now been missing for 60 days.

'Realising who they stole it from' they thought they were so important. Queniborough 294124

I don't know what was going on on this trip but l don't believe it all. Firstly whoever heard of a thief going to the trouble of pickpocketing a wallet but leaving hard cash (Euros) behind, and the credit cards?

And don't forget just hours before he had allegedly saved the life of a man taken ill on the flight.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Jan - 10:25

You have to wonder why the House in Queniborough was sold in 2006 and the Rothley House costing a lot more. The twins would have been less than a year old and Madeleine less than 3 yrs of age. Kate was still on Maternity Leave so only Gerry's income to live on. Philomena admitted that the Family had helped out financially , yet they could spend over £1000 on the holiday to PDL? Not a very practical couple wouldn't you say?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 23 Jan - 10:46

1,500 to be precise plus £400 for the creche.....whether the creche was payed at the end off the holiday when it was tallied up is unknown.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Jan - 10:50

kitti wrote:1,500 to be precise plus £400 for the creche.....whether the creche was payed at the end off the holiday when it was tallied up is unknown.

Thanks Kitti, not to mention the Tennis Coaching , the renting of a Villa and all the added expense of staying in Portugal until September.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 23 Jan - 10:52

£600 pw for the villa where the stinky car boot was left open....don't tell me they paid that out off their own pocket.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 23 Jan - 11:05

kitti wrote:£600 pw for the villa where the stinky car boot was left open....don't tell me they paid that out off their own pocket.

What about the £4,000 they took from the Fund to pay their Mortgage? They said they would repay it....if you believe that you believe anything. Also, the Esther McVey public announcement that the fund would not be used for legal fees was ignored . When you look back, it was very obvious the Fund would be used for their own use which is why the clause was put in the Company. It tells me that they were not expecting to be re-united with Madeleine in the near future, no ransom note from the abductor.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 23 Jan - 11:11

Panda wrote:You have to wonder why the House in Queniborough was sold in 2006 and the Rothley House costing a lot more. The twins would have been less than a year old and Madeleine less than 3 yrs of age. Kate was still on Maternity Leave so only Gerry's income to live on. Philomena admitted that the Family had helped out financially , yet they could spend over £1000 on the holiday to PDL? Not a very practical couple wouldn't you say?
My memory is a bit fuzzy here, but hadn't they not long returned from a holiday in Ireland?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 11:13

They supposedly went to Donegal at Easter 2007 but the evidence to support that is as convincing as that relating to a stranger abduction.

Press reports said that this was the latest in a regular gathering of hordes of relatives visiting the old country - including in some reports an uncle who'd died several years earlier! A cynical ploy methinks to exaggerate the "Irishness" of the family to appeal to the good nature of the Irish people and I understand that there was a lot of financial support from that country initially.

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Wed 23 Jan - 12:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paragraph added)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 11:17

Panda, kidnapping for ransom is such a rare crime; I don't recall it being mentioned as a possibility here - the P word was screamed from the rooftops from Day One.

I certainly believe that the McCanns knew that Madeleine would not be returning or they wouldn't have set up the fund and planned for future events and anniversaries.

I'm trying to think of any cases involving children and ransom notes and the only one in recent years that comes to mind is that of JonBenet Ramsey and that case is in itself as fragrant as rotting sea bass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 23 Jan - 12:34

kitti wrote:£600 pw for the villa where the stinky car boot was left open....don't tell me they paid that out off their own pocket.

I don't know how true it is, but it was mentioned that the Algarve tourist board paid for the villa that they moved to.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 12:42

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda, kidnapping for ransom is such a rare crime; I don't recall it being mentioned as a possibility here - the P word was screamed from the rooftops from Day One.

I certainly believe that the McCanns knew that Madeleine would not be returning or they wouldn't have set up the fund and planned for future events and anniversaries.

I'm trying to think of any cases involving children and ransom notes and the only one in recent years that comes to mind is that of JonBenet Ramsey and that case is in itself as fragrant as rotting sea bass.

The only one I can think of (not even a child case) is the Chandlers, who were kidnapped by Somali pirates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Queniborough Empty Kidnappings for ransom

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 12:51

I hasten to say that I don't remember it personally but there was the infamous Lindbergh baby case in 1932 and in more recent times the 19-year-old son of Frank Sinatra in 1963, J Paul Getty's 16-year-old grandson in 1973 and the 19-year-old grand-daughter of publishing magnate Willian R Hearst in 1974 - the last one joined her kidnappers and took part in a bank raid!

It must be virtually unheard of for a child from a non-famous or non-rich family to be kidnapped for ransom.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next