Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79

2 posters

Go down

Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Empty Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79

Post  malena stool Mon 18 Feb - 21:29

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/18/richard-briers-dead-the-good-life-star-dies-aged-79_n_2709983.html

Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79 (PICTURES)
Huffington Post UK | By Sara C Nelson Posted: 18/02/2013 12:27 GMT | Updated: 18/02/2013 12:59 GMT

Actor Richard Briers, known to millions for his role in TV's 'The Good Life', has died at the age of 79, his agent said.

His death comes just a month after he revealed he had been battling the chronic lung condition emphysema.

He told the Daily Mail: "I've got emphysema, you see, so I'm buggered. I haven't even got the strength to garden any more. Five hundred thousand cigarettes, darling - that's the trouble.

"It's totally my fault. So, I get very breathless, which is a pain in the backside. Trying to get upstairs, oh God, it's ridiculous. Of course, when you're bloody nearly 80 it's depressing because you've had it anyway.

"The ciggies got me. I stopped 10 years ago, but too late. If you do it in your 30s, you're OK, but after 30 it gets you. I was diagnosed five years ago and didn't think it would go quite as badly as it has. It's a bugger, but there it is. I used to love smoking."

Briers, who also starred in shows such as 'Ever Decreasing Circles' and 'Monarch Of The Glen', recently said years of smoking had been to blame for his emphysema.

Briers died "peacefully" at his London home yesterday, his agent said on Monday.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Empty Re: Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79

Post  malena stool Mon 18 Feb - 21:31

RIP Richard Briers.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79  Empty Re: Richard Briers Dead, The Good Life Star Dies Aged 79

Post  Panda Tue 19 Feb - 7:22

I really liked that programme , Margot , the snob, was my favourite character.
It's sad obviously when someone dies but to reach over three score years and ten is not a bad innings.
I never had a chest problem when I smoked but as soon as I gave up 8 yrs ago , every Winter I end up having antibiotics and steroids to help with my breathing. This Winter is the first time I never needed them so fingers crossed my lungs are clear.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down