Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Photo (again)

+29
weissnicht
AnnaEsse
tanszi
pamalam
C.Edwards
mossman
ann_chovey
pennylane
T4two
Claudia79
margaret
want the truth
Angelina
jd16
cass
Bobsy
Lioned
Woody
dazedandconfused
Palmeras16
SashaM
ProfessorPlum
ELI
Carolina
Panda
jeanmonroe
matthew
almostgothic
jay2001
33 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Empty Re: The Last Photo (again)

Post  malena stool Fri 8 Mar - 20:35

tanszi wrote:and elvis looks just a honey, even with the lip curl. The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 25346
Mrs. S is/was an Elvis groupy... She said I resembled Elvis in my younger days, before all my hair fell out and I was 40lbs lighter. Strangely enough I'm pretty good at doing the 'lip curl'...

The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 25346
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 8 Mar - 21:25

The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 25346
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Fri 8 Mar - 21:48

pamalam wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
T4two wrote:When all's said and done it's perfectly normal procedure that the group's cameras would be amongst the first things that anyone investigating the disappearance of this child would check. One doesn't have to suspect the parents or anyone in the group - one would do it to ascertain whether for example, anyone suspicious i.e. a 'watcher' was caught in the background of any of the pics. The fact that most of the pics had been deleted leaving very few pics of the actual holiday would be suspicious if one ascertained that the deleted pics had not been transferred to a storage medium such as laptop or PC. Software exists that is designed for the average person to use in order to retrieve pics which have accidentally or intentionally been deleted from a digital camera's memory or flashcard - the make of camera or flashcard is immaterial - no expertise required. However we actually know that the cameras have even been subjected to professional forensic scrutiny - we probably do not know everything that was found. The dearth of pics from the happy holiday group that week is noticeable. The production of the 'last' happy family pic 3 weeks after the event is strange to say the least. The main search pic with the marked eye defect is stylized to the point of being almost useless, depicts a much younger child and was rather quickly available on the spot, for people who were in the habit of deleting the pics on their cameras regularly a remarkable achievement, unless they had the storage medium with them or access to stored pics on one of the picture sites on the web.
This was the photo they had ready to give to PJ when they arrived, far as I understood. last photo nowhere to be seen. And this very old photo, I can't find in the published PJ files either. Was this in their camera, or not? Can somebody find it, in the published files? Can somebody find the "last" photo? I can't.

The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Mccanngallery090707-1

Last Photo is not in the released files. It could possibly be in the withheld ones.

Edited to say; Sorry folks I got the wrong photo

The analysis is interesting on photo below.

EXPERT EXAMINATION OF 4 MADELINE PHOTOS
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/4_MADDIE_PHOTOS.htm

The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_30

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PROCESSO_1a.htm

Wow that is interesting that they did analysis of the photos too!
Police dont do anything for no reason. Now they must have also had thoughts that the photos had been tampered with!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 8 Mar - 21:49

Loopdaloop wrote:
pamalam wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
T4two wrote:When all's said and done it's perfectly normal procedure that the group's cameras would be amongst the first things that anyone investigating the disappearance of this child would check. One doesn't have to suspect the parents or anyone in the group - one would do it to ascertain whether for example, anyone suspicious i.e. a 'watcher' was caught in the background of any of the pics. The fact that most of the pics had been deleted leaving very few pics of the actual holiday would be suspicious if one ascertained that the deleted pics had not been transferred to a storage medium such as laptop or PC. Software exists that is designed for the average person to use in order to retrieve pics which have accidentally or intentionally been deleted from a digital camera's memory or flashcard - the make of camera or flashcard is immaterial - no expertise required. However we actually know that the cameras have even been subjected to professional forensic scrutiny - we probably do not know everything that was found. The dearth of pics from the happy holiday group that week is noticeable. The production of the 'last' happy family pic 3 weeks after the event is strange to say the least. The main search pic with the marked eye defect is stylized to the point of being almost useless, depicts a much younger child and was rather quickly available on the spot, for people who were in the habit of deleting the pics on their cameras regularly a remarkable achievement, unless they had the storage medium with them or access to stored pics on one of the picture sites on the web.
This was the photo they had ready to give to PJ when they arrived, far as I understood. last photo nowhere to be seen. And this very old photo, I can't find in the published PJ files either. Was this in their camera, or not? Can somebody find it, in the published files? Can somebody find the "last" photo? I can't.

Last Photo is not in the released files. It could possibly be in the withheld ones.

Police dont do anything for no reason. Now they must have also had thoughts that the photos had been tampered with!

Just what I was thinking. I wonder if that is unusual.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Fri 8 Mar - 22:23

AnnaEsse wrote:
Loopdaloop wrote:
pamalam wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

Just what I was thinking. I wonder if that is unusual.

The principle that generally guides me is that if it sounds strange, it probably is!
I'll be interested to know if the resident people with knowledge of police processes here could enlighten us!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 9 Mar - 6:53

tigger wrote:In the early interviews, Kate's left cheek grimace - can't describe it better was a sight to behold whenever she was asked a boring question. I.e. on about Madeleine or the crying. Never happened when she was asked about herself.

She must have been taught to stop doing that - probably because the likes of us commented on it. It's an expression of annoyance/contempt.

The faces with comments said:
1. about Madeleine crying 2. about people who dare to question them. Like us.

http://twitpic.com/341zus/full

Last edited by weissnicht on Sat 9 Mar - 7:03; edited 1 time in total
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 9 Mar - 6:55

weissnicht wrote:
tigger wrote:In the early interviews, Kate's left cheek grimace - can't describe it better was a sight to behold whenever she was asked a boring question. I.e. on about Madeleine or the crying. Never happened when she was asked about herself.

She must have been taught to stop doing that - probably because the likes of us commented on it. It's an expression of annoyance/contempt.

The faces with comments said:

http://twitpic.com/341zus/full

Thanks! The Last Photo (again) - Page 14 Icon_flower
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 9 Mar - 9:01

Don't you think she has got a bloody cheek saying that after people have given neally 2m off their money?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 9 Mar - 12:22

kitti wrote:Don't you think she has got a bloody cheek saying that after people have given neally 2m off their money?
It's the nature of the beast kitti................
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 9 Mar - 22:34

Just stumbled across the following again:
It shows Alex Woolfall was behind the manipulation of the photos!

http://www.zimbio.com/Gerry+McCann's+Blog/articles/0MGFNT9D9tM/Those+first+few+days+Especially+those+photos

Those first few days – Especially those photos
By Marosiala on June 11, 2011 | From slippingthroughmyfingers.com

T

here is much speculation about how the McCann family orchestrated the media, issued the photographs of Madeleine and started the ball rolling. Well let us have a look back at those first few days.
From the initial outset we know that Mark Warner were involved. As soon as Madeleine disappeared Mark Warner sprung into action. They had their crisis team deployed to Praia da Luz as soon as 5th May 2007.

We know included in that team were Alan Pike and Martin Alderton who counselled Kate and Gerry McCann along with their friends. Further reading about the CCP team can be read in a post on this site called Going for a Jog.

Alex Woolfall, who led that team from Bell Pottinger speaks to the Times in an article dated October 6th 2007. He clearly explains when they were called in and about them arriving in Praia da Luz. He also tells the Times whether he thinks they could be involved in what happened to their daughter, he says:

“That they could be involved and in any way be guilty - to me they would have to win every Golden Globe and every Oscar ever awarded,” he told The Times.

Well that to me means that Alex Woolfall who spent a considerable amount of time with Kate and Gerry McCann clearly states that in his opinion after witnessing their reactions, they're NOT involved in what happened to their daughter.

He then speaks of the behaviour of Kate and Gerry McCann as says:

They were behaving exactly as I thought someone in that situation would be. Mr They had not slept. They were trying to work out what to do that might help generate images of her. They were desperately keen to publicise her face.

Of course they were keen to publicise Madeleine's face, that is only natural, how could people search for a missing child if they didn't know what she looked like?

The next part is the part I find most interesting and that is the release of those first photos to the media. Many out there in cyberworld on forums and blogs, think the McCanns orchestrated the release of the photos and can't understand why they released the photos in such an order.

If you read the Times article it is simple, Alex Woolfall from Bell Pottinger created a portfolio of pictures from the McCanns' camera and passed it on to the Press Agency. We all know that the Press Agency then would release the pictures in what particular order they chose. Once that portfolio landed on the Press Agency news desk, the order in which those photos would be released was out of the hands of Alex Woolfall and definitely not in the hands of the McCann family.

The McCanns had photographs of Madeleine on their digital camera, which Mr Woolfall began transferring to a laptop computer. “I said to Kate, ‘Let’s try to identify pictures where her face is visible’. Downloading the images was a very difficult process for them. It was upsetting.

“They were trying to do two things at once: one, emotionally deal with what was actually, really happening to them; two, operate in some sort of logical way to help get her back.”

Mr Woolfall transmitted the photographs to the Press Association in London, from where they were distributed to the media. The portfolio included the now famous image of Madeleine wearing a hat on a tennis court.

As the famous tennis court picture was included it is, in my opinion, safe to say that the last photograph of Madeleine around the pool with her father and sister would have been on that camera and probably was included in that Portfolio. So how can it be faked, if it was downloaded from the same camera as the Tennis photo by Alex Woolfall?

Gerry McCann himself tells people exactly how the Media came into play, who was orchestrating things in those first days. When Gerry speaks at the Edinburgh Festival he tells of how Mark Warner and the Foreign Office played a crucial part in those first few days.

BBC INTERVIEWER From the outside it appears that you have been running, candidly, crudely, a very professional campaign with a lot of very experienced public relations professionals and so on. I mean, clearly that is accidental but how did that come about?

GERRY MCCANN Well its not at all, you know, we just happen to be a fairly ordinary family some of whom were quite good at, er, speaking on television. Of course, we had advice at the beginning from the PR people brought in by Mark Warner, Alex Woolfall, who gave us some excellent advice, you know. “What are your objectives, and how’s it going to help your search for Madeleine?” And then due to the massive media demand on us, not the other way round, not us asking for media, er, we were advised that we should have a family spokesperson and we asked the Foreign Office to provide that and they did support us and that was very, very important to protect us from the media in what has been incredibly difficult emotional circumstances. And then we, of course, did decide that we needed someone to help advise us, er, longer term for our campaign. And, er, with Madeleine’s fund we decided to appoint a campaign manager and I have to say we appointed somebody to plan our strategy sort of medium and long term if it was needed but actually her job has been full-time handling the media. (Video and Transcript courtesy of Headlines Blog)

Alex Woolfall explains to the readers of the Times, that what you saw on TV was not what it was like behind the scenes. The McCanns were not as controlled as the viewers were seeing on the various media clips.

Mr Woolfall was surprised by the reaction of British viewers to the couple’s demeanour. “I was struck at the perception of people who had watched Kate and Gerry: that they were very controlled and perhaps were not responding in a way people thought would be more natural. They were not at all controlled. When I was with them, they were between being completely distraught and trying to do what they felt was the right thing.”

I would like to conclude this post with a sentence from that Times Article which I think over the last four years has been proved very apt.

Armchair detectives have leapt to wild conclusions based on the few alleged details of the case to have emerged.

They surely have, armchair detectives who believe the thoughts and opinions of a convicted ex-detective, who was removed from the case; along with people who have never met the McCanns, their family or their friends, but are prepared to give assessments as to their guilt or not based on a few media clips.

The statements from people who would know first-hand if the grief shown by the McCanns, their friends and family was genuine or not, or if they were acting suspiciously or not, is brushed aside and classed as irrelevant, or put down to the "they are in on it" syndrome
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 10 Mar - 7:15

If you read the Times article it is simple, Alex Woolfall from Bell Pottinger created a portfolio of pictures from the McCanns' camera and passed it on to the Press Agency. We all know that the Press Agency then would release the pictures in what particular order they chose. Once that portfolio landed on the Press Agency news desk, the order in which those photos would be released was out of the hands of Alex Woolfall and definitely not in the hands of the McCann family.

The McCanns had photographs of Madeleine on their digital camera, which Mr Woolfall began transferring to a laptop computer. “I said to Kate, ‘Let’s try to identify pictures where her face is visible’. Downloading the images was a very difficult process for them. It was upsetting.

“They were trying to do two things at once: one, emotionally deal with what was actually, really happening to them; two, operate in some sort of logical way to help get her back.”

Mr Woolfall transmitted the photographs to the Press Association in London, from where they were distributed to the media. The portfolio included the now famous image of Madeleine wearing a hat on a tennis court.
unquote

I don't think it shows Woolfall behind the manipulation of the photographs at all.

1) it doesn't explain the two photographs available within hours of her disappearance. (the iconic/coloboma and the pink top - both way out of date, the coloboma pasted in as in 2011 it became a 'fleck' which was barely visible) neither of which were on the camera - which makes sense seeing their original date.
2) Jon Corner was instrumental on the 4th or 5th in putting together a 'protocol' for distributing photographs. It's in Kate' diary.
3) the tennis court photo was first released by Pam Gurney/Philomena in an email which went viral on the 9th. A poster was also produced.
4) Other photographs were released by Team McCann as and when. (I'd also think copyright was paid on these by the press although I'm not sure.)
5) Concluding that the pool photo must have been amongst the ones distributed to the press is bad logic. It would certainly have been published earlier. Iirc GA said the photo wasn't found on the camera.
6) Manipulated photos can be photographed and thus appear 'normally' on the memory card not showing any 'work done'.
7) Bell Pottinger were employed to put a lid on the thing. Woolfall is a PR man. The Timesonline was especially pro-McCann in the form of David Smith, who actually said he had been 'briefed' by Gerry McCann on one occasion. Dear, dear.

Last edited by tigger on Wed 13 Mar - 6:36; edited 1 time in total
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 12 Mar - 22:56

Did we ever find out whether it was normal for police to start analysing photos!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14