Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate McCann to run the London marathon

+23
kitti
AnnaEsse
tanszi
margaret
malena stool
Lioned
pennylane
T4two
frencheuropean
cass
Lillyofthevalley
Oldartform
Loopdaloop
Roasted Arizona
MaryB
interested
weissnicht
ProfessorPlum
Keela
dutchclogs
chrissie
mara thon
mossman
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 Empty Re: Kate McCann to run the London marathon

Post  almostgothic Thu 14 Mar - 15:10

fred wrote:Kate was jogging a couple of days after her dear daughter was abducted by a paedophile, so why's she moaning now?

Probably because she wants the court of public opinion to think that she's steeped in altruism, that she's only doing this because it's a good cause. Otherwise they might think that it's just another PR stunt, or that running stops her thinking dark thoughts, or that it'll distract from other matters she wouldn't want to become public knowledge (libel trial), or that it's her narcissistic need for adulation on a grand scale from a large audience.
Maybe this is her Sunset Boulevard moment ......

And as a small aside, I wonder why she is taking on this huge public event when not so long back she declined to do small event book signings in small space book shops because she didn't want to take the risk? What has changed?

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 Empty Re: Kate McCann to run the London marathon

Post  frencheuropean Thu 14 Mar - 16:12

[quote="almostgothic
...And as a small aside, I wonder why she is taking on this huge public event when not so long back she declined to do small event book signings in small space book shops because she didn't want to take the risk? What has changed?
....................................................................................................................................................................

It's difficult to run awway in a small bookshop if someone asks unpleasant questions. In a marathon she won't hear such questions if they are asked by curious onlookers.Gone with the wind.

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 14 Mar - 16:29

frencheuropean wrote:[quote="almostgothic
...And as a small aside, I wonder why she is taking on this huge public event when not so long back she declined to do small event book signings in small space book shops because she didn't want to take the risk? What has changed?
....................................................................................................................................................................

It's difficult to run awway in a small bookshop if someone asks unpleasant questions. In a marathon she won't hear such questions if they are asked by curious onlookers.Gone with the wind.

At the end of the day I have a feeling that she'll reluctantly pull out because of threats to her safety, but I'm unable to say any more for operational reasons.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Mar - 18:08

almostgothic wrote:“If I’m honest ..." Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 23324 Pointless reading the rest of what she says after that, eh?

Yes, does it give us an alternative for if she's not honest? Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 14 Mar - 18:26

Wonder if she'll be running in a cuddle cat suit ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 14 Mar - 18:29

Iris wrote:
almostgothic wrote:“If I’m honest ..." Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 23324 Pointless reading the rest of what she says after that, eh?

Yes, does it give us an alternative for if she's not honest? Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 23324

I recall annoying someone a while back with a reply to a question from her. She asked me, "Can I be honest with you?" To which I replied, "I don't know, can you? Only you know if you can be honest." A real Kate McCann type person!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 14 Mar - 18:37

Lioned wrote:Wonder if she'll be running in a cuddle cat suit ?

Hope so.
Then she could be called The Purrpetrator ... Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 25346
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 14 Mar - 18:40

almostgothic wrote:
Lioned wrote:Wonder if she'll be running in a cuddle cat suit ?

Hope so.
Then she could be called The Purrpetrator ... Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 25346

miaow! Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 294124
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 14 Mar - 19:31

Or she could be running with her back pack with cuddle cat giving us a little wave.

Off course anyone running the marathon to raise money for Charity should be commended in normal circumstances but its hard to find anything nice to say about someone who can only pretend to care for children properly,and has never shown any regrets for her careless parenting skills.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 15 Mar - 7:38

No doubt her wrists will be weighed down with those horrendous tacky wrist bands.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 15 Mar - 9:40

fred wrote:No doubt her wrists will be weighed down with those horrendous tacky wrist bands.
Hopefully before long they will be weighed down with bracelets made of steel joined together by a metal chain. Kate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 302722
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 18 Mar - 11:44

Perhaps she can hold hands with her mate, Jane tanner, who coincidentally this year is also running for missing people ...

Tanner ran last year too.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 18 Mar - 12:23

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 18 Mar - 12:50

well good luck to her, perhaps she was the reason K is running this year.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 18 Mar - 12:58

Wonder woman, surely there are easier ways to get out of the house for some peace and quiet at the weekends! Have a great run

Donation by matthew oldfield on 23/02/13

Is this a joke? Why say disparaging remarks about your children publicly?

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Mar - 13:02

Matthew Oldfield isn't Jane's husband.

It's clearly meant to be a joke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 18 Mar - 13:12

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Matthew Oldfield isn't Jane's husband.

Not a very good one.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Mon 18 Mar - 13:34

well i can understand the way it is said and meant, theres nothing disparaging about it to me.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 18 Mar - 13:36

tanszi wrote:well i can understand the way it is said and meant, theres nothing disparaging about it to me.

I think it's OK as a joke and maybe implies that Jane spends a lot of time with her children at the weekend.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 18 Mar - 14:00

I look at Jane tanner and realise that she, amongst the others, don't give a toss about Madeleine.

There probably not even worried that the case may be opened or mr amaral will spill the beans.

What does that say for you....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 18 Mar - 15:15

Where does it say Oldfield is Jane's husband?
Wonder woman, surely there are easier ways to get out of the house for some peace and quiet at the weekends! Have a great run
Donation by matthew oldfield on 23/02/13

No sponsoring from the Payne's or the McCanns I noteKate McCann to run the London marathon - Page 3 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 18 Mar - 15:24

Isn't 'Russ' who also donated her OH?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 18 Mar - 15:29

Yes - he also mentions 'E & E', so it must be him.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 18 Mar - 17:59

Wouldn.t you think that Gerry would have donated and included Sean and Amelie???? I noted a couple of Kennedys , Hubner, a Director of No Stone Unturned , but no Philomena or John McCann, Branson Murdoch ....still there are over 5 weeks so they may yet contribute.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 19 Mar - 13:32

So J Tanner and K mcCann won't be doing much 'searching' for Madeleine that day then?
"Madeleines' Marathon" sounds soooo much better than "Virgin London Marathon" dosen't it?
Might start a petition to totally hi-jack Bransons' London Marathon and get it re-named.

Oopps, when i said Madeleines Marathon i meant to say ' Kates and Maddies marathon'
Phew, nearly forgot to include St. Kate.
Panic over!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next