Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tearful and emotional...

+9
the slave
tigger
frencheuropean
pennylane
Loopdaloop
susible
weissnicht
wantthetruth
Justiceforallkids
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tearful and emotional... Empty Tearful and emotional...

Post  Wintabells Sat 4 May - 6:41

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Tearful and emotional... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tearful and emotional... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Tearful and emotional... Empty Re: Tearful and emotional...

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 4 May - 6:51

That's the first time in six years I have seen what looks like real emotion in Gerry McCann's face.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Tearful and emotional... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tearful and emotional... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 4 May - 7:01

That's how they would have looked if it had all been true that 3rd of May 2007.

That's how I expect parents to look when they've been told their child has been abducted by a paedophile.

So it's six years later and NOW they look like this? I take no pleasure in this. It's been a tragedy unfolding before our eyes for all these years.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 4 May - 7:16

Just when you thought they had nothing new to bring to the table!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 4 May - 7:16

AnnaEsse wrote:That's the first time in six years I have seen what looks like real emotion in Gerry McCann's face.

Me too. That's genuine grief.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 4 May - 7:21

wantthetruth wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:That's the first time in six years I have seen what looks like real emotion in Gerry McCann's face.

Nah, they've been photographed laughing their heads off when they did the 'anniversary' rounds last week. Methinks this was arranged!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 4 May - 7:26

pennylane wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

Nah, they've been photographed laughing their heads off when they did the 'anniversary' rounds last week. This was arranged!

I think you're right. Still the grief may be genuine, but for themselves, their ruined lives. Perhaps someone rather smarter than the pink one is advising them. But it is definitely the only other emotion I've ever seen on Gerry's face apart from smug or furious.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 4 May - 7:26

wantthetruth wrote:

I can feel for someone who looks like that. Strong emotion pervades the tissues of the face. The whole face shows the emotion not just the mouth as we've seen in the past with those two. However, since Gerry's mother said, soon after Madeleine disappeared that the "fund stacking" uplifted him, cynical me wonders if the ruling against Tony Bennett has left them wondering who will pay the rest of the court costs. Perhaps they were thinking that when they brought in the very expensive barrister they were going to totally ruin Tony for his cheek.

Yes, I'm still cynical about them and what has suddenly brought on this apparently real emotion.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 4 May - 7:34

tigger wrote:
pennylane wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

Nah, they've been photographed laughing their heads off when they did the 'anniversary' rounds last week. This was arranged!

I think you're right. Still the grief may be genuine, but for themselves, their ruined lives. Perhaps someone rather smarter than the pink one is advising them. But it is definitely the only other emotion I've ever seen on Gerry's face apart from smug or furious.

Oh I agree the gloomy faces are genuine, tigger, but there isn't a doubt in my mind they discussed 'letting go,' in front of a convenient placed journo, before they went!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 4 May - 7:38

kate looks a geuine mess imo the last 6 years have taken their toll imo
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 4 May - 7:52

Justiceforallkids wrote:kate looks a geuine mess imo the last 6 years have taken their toll imo

My thoughts too. There's no 'staging' in those faces. That's raw emotion we're seeing for the first time.

Grief, loss, guilt, exhaustion....and quite possibly, the abandoning of hope. Despite their best efforts, the questions keep coming. They haven't been able to silence their critics. The game plan has failed.

I would be utterly bereft too, if I were them.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 4 May - 7:55

AnnaEsse wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

I can feel for someone who looks like that. Strong emotion pervades the tissues of the face. The whole face shows the emotion not just the mouth as we've seen in the past with those two. However, since Gerry's mother said, soon after Madeleine disappeared that the "fund stacking" uplifted him, cynical me wonders if the ruling against Tony Bennett has left them wondering who will pay the rest of the court costs. Perhaps they were thinking that when they brought in the very expensive barrister they were going to totally ruin Tony for his cheek.

Yes, I'm still cynical about them and what has suddenly brought on this apparently real emotion.
I also though, as I have never seen any real emotions, that they are thinking about the money for the all court cases in two different countries, and about the possibility that they will not have enough money to pay it all.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 4 May - 8:03

weissnicht wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:

I also though, as I have never seen any real emotions, that they are thinking about the money for the all court cases in two different countries, and about the possibility that they will not have enough money to pay it all.

Just what I was thinking weissi,

They've backed themselves into a fiercely tight corner this time, and it's really taking its toll.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 4 May - 10:08

The article called it a 'low key' ceremony however as with any story with the mccanns the writing is way off the reality as evidenced by the photographs. The photographs depict a press junket with a theatrical 'day of mourning', Kate has a big speech on that A4 bit of paper and they also have microphones which are used to pronounce to a large group of people.

They do not know the meaning of low key.

Also to the people who say that now they can feel sympathy... NO.

They lost that window of opportunity.
They have taken the piss for so long.

However, we can now do comparisons with every time they have pretended to be upset in the past.
None do they look like this.
The wheels have come off.

Last edited by Loopdaloop on Sat 4 May - 10:15; edited 1 time in total
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sat 4 May - 10:13

Yes, for the first time, real emotion. To me though, it looks like they're both very far away in their thoughts, and lets face it, we've always believed that Madeleine died in the apartment on (or around) the 3rd May, so perhaps they are genuinely grieving the anniversary, with the added pressure of the court cases, one a hollow victory and the other not likely to be victorious for them at all.

Furthermore, the ongoing review is no further forward in nailing a mystery abductor and surely the Mc's (and SY) realise that the movements and actions of the whole group are not going to go unnoticed or ultimately, unquestioned.

Whilst the press seem to still be jollying along with the McCann's, it is not quite the love fest that it once was, the Mirror headline collection the other day, probably did a good job of reminding the public about the increasingly bizarre behaviour of the McCanns and their friends and the recent This Morning and Wright Stuff Facebook threads, which had a very large negative outpouring towards the actions of the parents...after all of the censorship, that must have come as a bit of a shock to them!

Notably there is less of the "unharmed" outpourings and it almost seems like they have changed their position regarding the likely-hood of their daughter returning home and have moved to the point of "forgiveness" and with poor little April Jones, a genuine abduction case in the news at present, perhaps the McCanns have realised that their story has passed its zenith and that as the public has clearly moved on, perhaps it is time for them to do so also.

susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 4 May - 10:22

The press report Maddie's tragic 6 year anniversary, alongside BIG pictures of the McCanns laughing their heads off.

Now we suddenly get BIG pictures of the pair of them crying.

Do the math! Tearful and emotional... 912418
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 4 May - 10:28

Perhaps they have responded to criticism that previous photos where they look as if they've won the Lottery don't do them any favours so this is their attempt to convince people that they are just innocent grieving parents after all.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't work for me.

If the woman in the red coat in front of Kate is her friend Karen McCalman, there are some interesting things about her on the Internet in the form of a whooshed Facebook page.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 4 May - 10:36

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Perhaps they have responded to criticism that previous photos where they look as if they've won the Lottery don't do them any favours so this is their attempt to convince people that they are just innocent grieving parents after all.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't work for me.

If the woman in the red coat in front of Kate is her friend Karen McCalman, there are some interesting things about her on the Internet in the form of a whooshed Facebook page

What was that about?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 4 May - 10:43

I find some of her comments a little unsettling but I accept that it may only be the McCann connection that makes me think that.

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/m/Recycle-Bin/6-degrees-of-separation-1-980165.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 4 May - 11:01

It certainly looks like her.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 4 May - 11:04

pennylane wrote:The press report Maddie's tragic 6 year anniversary, alongside BIG pictures of the McCanns laughing their heads off.

Now we suddenly get BIG pictures of the pair of them crying.

Do the math! Tearful and emotional... 912418

Ah yes, this I can see. I agree totally.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 4 May - 11:19

If my memory serves me, the McCanns said they didn't want Tony to go to prison, but they were going for the full costs after adding huge amounts for a very expensive barrister. I have the feeling it was the judge who reduced the amount and not the McCanns. So, that question: who is paying the rest? And as others have said, the Amaral case coming up. The money is pouring out like an arterial bleed here, folks! And where is it coming from?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 4 May - 12:58

AnnaEsse wrote:If my memory serves me, the McCanns said they didn't want Tony to go to prison, but they were going for the full costs after adding huge amounts for a very expensive barrister. I have the feeling it was the judge who reduced the amount and not the McCanns. So, that question: who is paying the rest? And as others have said, the Amaral case coming up. The money is pouring out like an arterial bleed here, folks! And where is it coming from?

You have made a very good point! Are their 'rainy day' ill-gotten gains, all draining away before their very eyes? Tearful and emotional... 389741 Tearful and emotional... 389741
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sat 4 May - 12:59

What is surprising is the contrast between the interviews a day before and their attitude at this ceremony. IMO you have this type of breaking down when something happened that put an end to a previous very stressful state.Positive or negative for them? We will see.

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 4 May - 13:38

AnnaEsse wrote:If my memory serves me, the McCanns said they didn't want Tony to go to prison, but they were going for the full costs after adding huge amounts for a very expensive barrister. I have the feeling it was the judge who reduced the amount and not the McCanns. So, that question: who is paying the rest? And as others have said, the Amaral case coming up. The money is pouring out like an arterial bleed here, folks! And where is it coming from?

Hacked off isn't doing so well either.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next