Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacksmith

+18
tigger
kitti
interested
wjk
Carolina
MaryB
margaret
comperedna
cass
almostgothic
fred
wantthetruth
Annabel
Claudia79
Lillyofthevalley
mossman
matthew
kathybelle
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blacksmith - Page 2 Empty Re: Blacksmith

Post  matthew Sun 23 Jun - 20:07

Thanks frencheuropean!

Blacksmith did say he would not comment which ever way the libel trial would show us...which way the SY/Oporto case should follow...i dont think he expected the review to become a full investigation or news that the Cps had visited our friends in Portugal not long before we seen the picture of Gerry looking devastated...atm i dont expect there to be a libel trial
I feel we are at the end of the road & i dont expect to see the McCann's on Lorainnes sofa ever again (phew)
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Blacksmith - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 24 Jun - 10:26

matthew wrote:Thanks frencheuropean!

Blacksmith did say he would not comment which ever way the libel trial would show us...which way the SY/Oporto case should follow...i dont think he expected the review to become a full investigation or news that the Cps had visited our friends in Portugal not long before we seen the picture of Gerry looking devastated...atm i dont expect there to be a libel trial
I feel we are at the end of the road & i dont expect to see the McCann's on Lorainnes sofa ever again (phew)
I'm thinking the same Matthew, could SY or Portugal risk something coming out that could be detrimental to charging those responsible for Maddies disappearance?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Blacksmith - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jun - 16:22

margaret wrote:
matthew wrote:Thanks frencheuropean!

I'm thinking the same Matthew, could SY or Portugal risk something coming out that could be detrimental to charging those responsible for Maddies disappearance?

If the Trial is postponed because SY want to prepare a case and the McCanns are charged with Negligence and perverting the cause of justice , Amaral is home and dry. The problem is they had their arguido status lifted .....so what happens now?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 24 Jun - 16:51

If the case doesn't go ahead because of SY then imo Amaral will lose out, financially and this is unfair as they have tried to destroy him, hopefully the trial will go ahead then let the arrest begin!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jun - 17:03

Lillyofthevalley wrote:If the case doesn't go ahead because of SY then imo Amaral will lose out, financially and this is unfair as they have tried to destroy him, hopefully the trial will go ahead then let the arrest begin!

Yes he will LOTV.....I think the case was meant to be tried next month. The judge gave the Parties 6 months to come to an agreement outside of court , but if the Parties could not agree a Trial would take place and I think that was in February. If I was Amaral's Lawyer I would aske for an early Trial .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 24 Jun - 19:11

Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:If the case doesn't go ahead because of SY then imo Amaral will lose out, financially and this is unfair as they have tried to destroy him, hopefully the trial will go ahead then let the arrest begin!

Yes he will LOTV.....I think the case was meant to be tried next month. The judge gave the Parties 6 months to come to an agreement outside of court , but if the Parties could not agree a Trial would take place and I think that was in February. If I was Amaral's Lawyer I would aske for an early Trial .

I don't understand why either of you say that Amaral will lose out if the case doesn't go ahead because of SY. The judges in Portugal do not take into consideration events in other countries with regard to a libel trial, they only make their judgements in accordance with the laws.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 24 Jun - 19:35

I hope so Carolina I really do, but something just dosent seem right at the mo....everything just seems so good, I dare not believe I suppose!!!Blacksmith - Page 2 192282
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 24 Jun - 19:37

Carolina wrote:
Panda wrote:

I don't understand why either of you say that Amaral will lose out if the case doesn't go ahead because of SY. The judges in Portugal do not take into consideration events in other countries with regard to a libel trial, they only make their judgements in accordance with the laws.

Carolina, it depends very much on what exactly SY is investigating ....I think these 20 people are a smokescreen and it might be that Amaral's defence might involve information that the SY and the PJ would rather not be revealed at this stage.....we will just have to wait and see.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 25 Jun - 0:27

The PJ or SY have zero interference in our courts.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jun - 6:57

Claudia79 wrote:The PJ or SY have zero interference in our courts.

I understand that, but with all the high profile Government support the McCanns have had, if there is any understanding between SY and the Portugese Government about proceeding with the investigation , I think the McCann/Amaral case could throw up a lot of information which could affect what they are doing. Let's face it, the McCann/Amaral case was first reported 2 years ago , so what is a few more months before it comes to Court.???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 25 Jun - 7:29

Perhaps SY and/or the PJ have approached Snr Amaral's representatives and asked that the proceedings are delayed pending the finalisation of their current investigations. The offer of settlement by the McCanns some months back was a desperate move IMO, they sensed the change in the wind and hoped to get rid of Amaral.

I do not know about Portugal, but it makes sense to me that a such a request could be made. It would not be ideal to have a libel trial in the middle of a live police investigation of such a serious matter. That could be disastrous for any future criminal trial. If indeed this is now an investigation and no longer a review, the McCanns have a lot more to worry about than Amaral and I am sure he would happily assist the police by way of postponement of the trial.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 25 Jun - 8:35

mossman i agree - i think that both the portugal goverment and the uk have stopped this in some way and said to both ga and the mcanns zip it - how can this liabel thing go ahead ? what if it is found out in the future that everything ga has said is true and monies been aready paid to the mcanns or whatever ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jun - 8:49

Morning cass, the McCanns claim that Amaral's book suggesting Madeleine died in 5a hindered the search for her and I think their Lawyer demanded E1 million be sequestered  pending the Trial. I did reply to mossman but can't see my post here so I must have forgotten to press Send.LOl  anyway, I agree with her that while there is now a new direction for the case, this Trial should be postponed . Let's hope that at long last we might see justice for Madeleine .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 25 Jun - 8:57

morning panda - lets hope so - but at min theres been so many ups and downs - its hard to see how justice will come - i mean what is justice ? - i just cannot see all the tapas n the mcanns going to jail ever
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 25 Jun - 9:01

:hi:Cass and Panda.  Yes, hopefully this is the case.  Tony Bennetts recent case was very different, it was about a breach of undertaking so not directly about the case.  That said, things seem to have progressed since then so an entirely different set of considerations at this point in time.

One would hope that Amaral could take his own action against the McCanns, if this case were eventually prosecuted.  About time the fund paid for something useful.  Give it all to Snr Amaral, after all he was one of the few who did try to leave no stone unturned in his search or Madeleine, just what the fund was set up for, or so we have been told..
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 25 Jun - 9:32

mossman wrote::hi:Cass and Panda.  Yes, hopefully this is the case.  Tony Bennetts recent case was very different, it was about a breach of undertaking so not directly about the case.  That said, things seem to have progressed since then so an entirely different set of considerations at this point in time.

One would hope that Amaral could take his own action against the McCanns, if this case were eventually prosecuted.  About time the fund paid for something useful.  Give it all to Snr Amaral, after all he was one of the few who did try to leave no stone unturned in his search or Madeleine, just what the fund was set up for, or so we have been told..

Morning mossman , its not only Amaral that the McCanns are suing, it's TV1 who aired Amaral's video.  I do wonder why this case has dragged on for almost 2 years , the wheels of justice appear to grind very slowly in Portugal. Had this case been tried BEFORE SY and the PJ have agreed to co-operate who knows what might have been revealed. It was only less than 6 months ago that the McCanns tried to negotiate .....maybe they know something we don't lol

Last edited by Panda on Tue 25 Jun - 9:34; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 25 Jun - 9:34

cass wrote:morning panda - lets hope so - but at min theres been so many ups and downs - its hard to see how justice will come - i mean what is justice ? - i just cannot see all the tapas n the mcanns going to jail ever

I totally agree cass, its like we just dare not get excited thinking Maddy may just be now starting to get the true justice she deserves Blacksmith - Page 2 849426
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 25 Jun - 9:37

Panda wrote:
mossman wrote::hi:Cass and Panda.  Yes, hopefully this is the case.  Tony Bennetts recent case was very different, it was about a breach of undertaking so not directly about the case.  That said, things seem to have progressed since then so an entirely different set of considerations at this point in time.

Morning mossman , its not only amaral that the mcCanns are suing, it's TV1 who aired amaral's video.  I do wonder why this case has dragged on for almost 2 years , the wheels of justice appear to grind very slowly in Portugal. Had this case been tried BEFORE SY and the PJ have agreed to co-operate who jnows what might have been revealed. It was only less than 6 months ago that the McCanns tried to negotiate .....maybe they know something we don't lol
Morning panda, as soon as I saw that picture of Gerry and Kate at April Jones memorial? back in mid April, I started to believe Maddy could be starting to get the justice she truly deserves:wink:

Blacksmith - Page 2 Imagejpeg
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 25 Jun - 14:50

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:The PJ or SY have zero interference in our courts.

I understand that, but with all the high profile Government support the McCanns have had, if there is any understanding between SY and the Portugese Government about proceeding with the investigation , I think the McCann/Amaral case could throw up a lot of information which could affect what they are doing. Let's face it, the McCann/Amaral case was first reported 2 years ago , so what is a few more months before it comes to Court.???

No 'understanding' can interfere with a court case. The time this particular court case is taking is not different from any other case. My neighbour has been waiting for 5 years to solve an eviction case. Sad but true. Nothing strange about it. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was postponed, delayed, etc, again.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 25 Jun - 18:11

what wasthat they went to April Jones funeral?  well im sure her parents would have agreed, but why did they go?  they ask for privacy when it suits them and then make sure they are at a high profile child's funeral.  beggars belief.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 25 Jun - 18:23

April Jones hasn't had a funeral as she hasn't been found.

It was Madeleine's memorial where the McCann's looked genuily gutted.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 25 Jun - 18:44

right I withdraw my comments then.  no they didn't look good at Madeleines Memorial but then I don't really want to see any photos of anyone attending funerals or memorials.  there was media interest at the funeral of someone very close to me, but we asked that they respect our wishes for no publicity and it was complied with.  I understand its a personal thing.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 25 Jun - 18:53

tanszi wrote:right I withdraw my comments then.  no they didn't look good at Madeleines Memorial but then I don't really want to see any photos of anyone attending funerals or memorials.  there was media interest at the funeral of someone very close to me, but we asked that they respect our wishes for no publicity and it was complied with.  I understand its a personal thing.

I agree but as we know they would never turn down a photo op.

Still, I was taken aback by how awful they both looked on that occasion.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Tue 25 Jun - 20:02

Latest from Blacksmith:

The Blacksmith Bureau

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

McQuiz

We do don't old ground

When is a justice system corrupt and untruthful?
When it makes  the McCanns arguidos
When is a justice system honest and brave?
When it makes Amaral an arguido
What do you say when you read Kate's book?
So true
What do you say when you read the Lisbon judgement?
All rubbish
How do you react when the PJ say "we never do deals"?
With disgust at their lies
What do you feel when Kate says  "they offered a deal"?
Righteous outrage
What do you say when Amaral admits mistakes in Panorama?
Yah boo
What do you say when Kate admits lying in Madeleine?
Absolutely nothing
What's the translation of an arguido?
If his name's Amaral, "a filthy criminal" 
And if it's Gerry McCann?
A person of interest, my lord
Who is Cipriano?
A martyr falsely imprisoned
And Amaral?
A martinet who should be in prison
Hewitt?
Obviously a child killer
How do you know?
Just look at him
What's a Portuguese neglect law?
Common sense
And a Portuguese secrecy law?
Optional
Did prosecutor Menezes describe Kate McCann as innocent in a legal document?
Absolutely
Did he describe the Tapas 9 as "lying" when he was in the witness box?
We don't remember
How many paragraphs in an archiving summary?
Lots and lots
How many do you ever quote?
Just one.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 26 Jun - 7:52

wtf ?Blacksmith - Page 2 29204
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next