Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still no breakthrough

+8
AnnaEsse
duncanmac
almostgothic
MaryB
fuzeta
cass
matthew
Lioned
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Still no breakthrough Empty Still no breakthrough

Post  MaryB Tue 25 Jun - 12:11

After all the fanfare about the so-called re-opening of the investigation not a word from anywhere.  Has the investigation been re-opened or not.  Two years to do a review and then at the end of it no further forward it seems.  But just more investigation.    I must say I'm losing hope this will ever be solved properly.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Still no breakthrough Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Still no breakthrough Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Still no breakthrough Empty Re: Still no breakthrough

Post  tanszi Tue 25 Jun - 13:05

if there really is an investigation, I doubt we would be told any more about it until there really was a true and significant development. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Still no breakthrough Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Still no breakthrough Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 25 Jun - 13:14

Well the CPS are involved now and certain people are very, very quiet which says it all IMO.

Who knows what's going on quietly in the background?  I have faith.  Still no breakthrough 25346
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 25 Jun - 14:23

i still dont think any kind of justice will come sorry to say - sy might take over the lead but i think it will make a statement and case closed - i think the only reason that dc said yes to the review is to tell some to stfu - maybe they will say we have looked and nothing new has become of the case that wasnt already known or on file - something like that
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 25 Jun - 20:06

What we know,or are told,is that the cps went to Portugal in April,my guess is they would have to report back to Theresa May and the decision to proceed with 'action' against the mccanns will be a political one,as we have always suspected.
I would guess things are being discussed behind the scenes,there are a lot of influential people who have stuck their necks out for the mccanns and will not want to suffer the embarrassment of getting it so wrong.
I am still expecting the dead peado to get the blame.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Tue 25 Jun - 23:45

Lioned wrote:What we know,or are told,is that the cps went to Portugal in April,my guess is they would have to report back to Theresa May and the decision to proceed with 'action' against the mccanns will be a political one,as we have always suspected.
I would guess things are being discussed behind the scenes,there are a lot of influential people who have stuck their necks out for the mccanns and will not want to suffer the embarrassment of getting it so wrong.
I am still expecting the dead peado to get the blame.

The UK CPS dont prosecute dead paedo's or dead or alive swarthy johnny foreigners...
CPS in Portugal in April
Martin Brunt mentioned Murder in May
SY have taken the lead in the investigation in June & reopened the case...looks promising to me!
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 2:53

After reading about how the Portuguese police, swooped on these expats, who gambled in a pub without a licence and arrested them, I wonder why the Portuguese police didn't arrest the McCanns, the minute they were told by the McCanns, that they were not in the apartment, when she was taken.

If the police could be so zealous, where unofficial gambling is concerned, even though the gambling was for biscuits and chocolates, how come they couldn't be so zealous regarding Madeleine? Whatever happened to Madeleine, was down to the McCanns.

I know further down the line, the PJ's hands were tied, due to intervention by the British Government, but unless Gerry McCann asked Gordon Brown for help, before the Portuguese police were informed of Madeleine's disappearance, I can't see why the McCanns were not arrested on the spot. Especially as they had lied about the shutter and the apartment being locked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this case stinks and the reason it stinks is because of corruption by certain members of the British and Portuguese Governments.

If the allegations against Scotland Yard are true, regarding their attempts to smear Stephen Lawrence's family and how they targeted Stephen's friend Duwayne Brooks, then there's not a 'cat in hell's' chance of them getting to the bottom of this case. They know, we know and the McCanns know,who is responsible for Madeleine's disappearance and it isn't the 2 dead paedos.

It doesn't bear thinking about what the McCanns will do,  if the blame for Madeleine's disappearance is pinned on anyone but them. They'll start by demanding every 'anti McCann' forum is closed down. They'll demand that every 'You Tube' video of them, it taken off the site and then they'll try to sue anyone they can,who has dared criticise them. They won't try to sue all of their critics, they'll just make examples of some of them.

If this case was going to be solved, it would have been solved 2yrs ago, within weeks of the review beginning. Also if Scotland Yard were serious about solving the case, they would have kept their mouths tightly closed. In my opinion they didn't behave in a professional way, when they made public statements regarding who they believed was involved with Madeleine's disappearance and how they were keeping the McCanns informed.

As usual, I'm only expressing my opinions and as usual, I hope I'm wrong, regarding the case.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 26 Jun - 8:02

kathy - i have been around forums since day 1 and there has been many a fantastic post - depending on what is the latest news - your post is one of the best posts i have read - and yesterday i was debating elsewhere about this pub getting raided playing bingo - and tbh was thinking like you what the hell -- i feel you might be right in this gb having the phone call before the circus began -- hope im wrong - what a fantastic post of yours - Still no breakthrough 307691
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Wed 26 Jun - 8:54

I agree well done Kathy  Still no breakthrough 307691
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 9:19

cass wrote:kathy - i have been around forums since day 1 and there has been many a fantastic post - depending on what is the latest news - your post is one of the best posts i have read - and yesterday i was debating elsewhere about this pub getting raided playing bingo - and tbh was thinking like you what the hell -- i feel you might be right in this gb having the phone call before the circus began -- hope im wrong - what a fantastic post of yours - Still no breakthrough 307691

Still no breakthrough 306321 Cass and thank you flower:

I do know Gerry phoned Gordon Brown at some point, after Madeleine was 'discovered' missing by Kate at 22:00hrs, because the very next morning he told the media that he had phoned Brown. He said Gordon had given him his personal phone number and told him he was to phone him, any time of the day or night, should he feel the need to do so.

All I can assume is, Gerry must have phoned 'Gordon' as soon as he and the rest of the gang, including Kate, returned to their apartment from the Tapas Bar. Hence the Portuguese police only being notified that Madeleine was missing at 22.40hrs. I feel sure if this wasn't the case, the Portuguese would have taken them into custody, the minute the McCanns revealed where they were when Madeleine supposedly disappeared. Especially as the police had already begun to suspect them, when they lied.

Should the McCanns ever be brought to justice and I hope this is the case, there will be a lot of worried people, because if the McCanns are going 'down' they will take all of the people who have helped them evade justice with them. This will be a bigger scandal than the Keeler/ Rice Davies scandal.

It's nothing short of a disgrace that all of the people who have protected the McCanns, have had no thought for any suffering Madeleine endured. Any suffering Madeleine endured, was instigated by her parents behaviour. Whether it was by their own hands or by the fact that they were not with Madeleine when she disappeared.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 9:20

fuzeta wrote:I agree well done Kathy  Still no breakthrough 307691

Thanks fuzeta Still no breakthrough Icon_flower
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 26 Jun - 10:28

Really great post Kathy.  I totally agree that nothing should have been said about the lines of enquiry till the review reached a conclusion.  The point is where there is corruption years later it catches up with the individuals or organisations.  You would hope that will all this cover ups in the Health Service and other places that more individuals will refuse to cover up mistakes and worse.

Last edited by MaryB on Wed 26 Jun - 11:03; edited 1 time in total
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Wed 26 Jun - 10:45

Mary B.
I think the whitewash/cover up is a risky strategy to take, as they run the risk that one of the Tapas group may crack at a later stage and spill the beans. How would that look if the evidence was there all the time and SY did nothing. I am convinced there are things that are in the undisclosed files that SY know they cannot ignore as the PJ know this too. The witheld phone records etc....
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 26 Jun - 10:52

duncanmac wrote:Mary B.
I think the whitewash/cover up is a risky strategy to take, as they run the risk that one of the Tapas group may crack at a later stage and spill the beans. How would that look if the evidence was there all the time and SY did nothing. I am convinced there are things that are in the undisclosed files that SY know they cannot ignore as the PJ know this too. The witheld phone records etc....

Or a body, a blue tennis bag and a pink blanket are found.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 26 Jun - 13:00

And something else to factor into the equation ......

It won't be long now before Brooks and Coulson are up before the beak.
Everyone knows about Cameron's links to the Murdoch empire and the Chipping Norton set.
His judgement has been brought into question re his close friends and his staff appointments.
There'll be a speculative run up in the press, reporting on the case itself and no doubt a long and damaging inquest afterwards.
What could be better for him than a sensational distraction from all that - involving arrests and charges in the McCann case? If he's lucky and synchronicity is in his favour, and SY can bring him all those Tapas heads on plates, he can bask in the glory of it and redeem himself somewhat.
If you're a politician on the ropes, it would be a very good reason for ploughing all that extra money into a new, full-on investigation.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 26 Jun - 16:23

kathybelle - what a marvellous decoding. I've always felt that Brown was the key to no immediate charges being filed against the McCanns when it was discovered the three McCann children were neglected by their parents. When the British dogs discovered evidence which would convince any reasonable person that Madeleine was dead was revealed, how could Brown refuse to acknowledge the obvious and leave the Portugese authorities to proceed according to their laws without additional obstruction. His involvement from the start is what has hindered the successful resolution of what happened to Madeleine.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Wed 26 Jun - 17:02

But why did they phone GB on the night ?
IIRC Blair was the PM on 3rd May.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 26 Jun - 17:11

duncanmac wrote:But why did they phone GB on the night ?

The called in a few favours and if it were known what those favours were, then we could be a step closer to finding out what happened to Maddie
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 26 Jun - 17:34

kathybelle wrote:
I do know Gerry phoned Gordon Brown at some point, after Madeleine was 'discovered' missing by Kate at 22:00hrs, because the very next morning he told the media that he had phoned Brown. He said Gordon had given him his personal phone number and told him he was to phone him, any time of the day or night, should he feel the need to do so.

Are you sure it was the next day, I've never read it as being the early, Wikipedia says 20th may but has tony Blair saying on the 9th that they were watching the case closely?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 26 Jun - 18:02

My recollection is that a relative of Gerry McCann lived "just down the street" from Gordon Brown's brother. Once the brother was contacted he got in touch with Gordon to bring him up to speed on what whatever he needed to know. I know Blair was PM at the time but Brown was the heir apparent so I imagine was in a position to be of assistance in the required collaboration of the coverup.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 19:19

margaret wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Are you sure it was the next day, I've never read it as being the early, Wikipedia says 20th may but has tony Blair saying on the 9th that they were watching the case closely?

It was definitely the next morning, when Gerry told the media he had spoken to Gordon Brown, because at that time, I had sympathy for the McCanns and my sympathy for them went out of the window, when I learned later on in the day, that the McCanns children were alone in the apartment, when Madeleine disappeared.

Gerry didn't say if they were receiving any support from the British Government, all he said was, Gordon had given him his own personal telephone number and he was to phone him any time day or night, should he need to. I did read some information on the net, that when Gerry phoned Brown, Brown got in touch with Tony Blair. Blair then despatched 2 Special Envoys, who were based in or around the Portuguese area to the McCanns side.

Of course I don't know if that was true or not, all I know is I heard Gerry say he contacted Gordon Brown and the fact that the Portuguese did not arrest the McCanns, when they arrived at their apartment, at 23:00hrs, is a sure sign that Gerry had contacted Brown, before the Portuguese were notified about Madeleine's disappearance.

On the Monday after Madeleine disappeared, Gerry's two sisters and brother, were sitting in a television studio, speaking about a fund that was being set up, with the purpose of finding Madeleine. One of the sisters, told the presenter, that they were on their way to one of the Houses of Parliament, to discuss Madeleine's disappearance. I thought at the time, that the three of them, should be in PDL looking for Madeleine.

This proves that the British Government were already on the case, because if they weren't, Gerry's siblings would not have been going to one of the Houses of Parliament to meet an MP, within days of Madeleine's disappearance.

Now I don't remember if this was the day when the McCanns siblings were asked how Gerry was able to contact Gordon Brown by telephone or if it was another day. What I do remember is, Philomena saying Gordon Brown was a friend of the family.

I guess we'll never know how much involvement the British Government had in this case, until someone is prosecuted and all the details are revealed in court.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 19:24

duncanmac wrote:But why did they phone GB on the night ?

I've already explained that the McCann siblings were asked how Gerry was able to contact Gordon Brown. Philomena said Brown was a family friend.

You are correct in saying Tony Blair was Prime Minister, at the time of Madeleine's disappearance. Brown was the Chancellor of the Exchequer and if the information I read on the internet was true, Brown contacted Tony Blair and Blair organised support for the McCanns, in the shape of 2 Special Envoys, who were based in or around Portugal.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 19:35

interested wrote:kathybelle - what a marvellous decoding.  I've always felt that Brown was the key to no immediate charges being  filed against the McCanns when it was discovered the three McCann children were neglected by their parents.  When the British dogs discovered evidence which would convince any reasonable person that Madeleine was dead was revealed, how could Brown refuse to acknowledge the obvious and leave the Portugese authorities to proceed according to their laws without additional obstruction. His involvement from the start is what has hindered the successful resolution of what happened to Madeleine.

:hi :Interested

I remember Goncalo Amaral, saying that the British Government intervened with this case. He said this on the steps of the Lisbon Court, when the McCanns were in the throes of trying to get his book permanently banned. I followed this case live on the Sky News website and as the case was proceeding inside, bits of information were being drip fed to those of us who were following the case. A former Portuguese police officer, took to the witness stand, he also said that the British Government intervened with the case.

More information was drip fed to the 'followers' including information where Gerry flounced out of court. I can't remember, if he flounced out of court, because of what was said on the witness stand, by the former police officer, or it was something else. I know the McCanns lawyer, Isabel Duarte, said something on the witness stand, that upset Gerry.

If I'm not mistaken, Joana Morais was in court when all this was going on.

If anyone on here followed the case, they will be able to verify what I have said, regarding Goncalo Amaral and the former police officer, stating that the British Government intervened with this case.

Goncalo Amaral, has also said that he has plenty of information to reveal. I may be wrong, but I've got a feeling he plans to reveal all, after the libel court case.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 26 Jun - 20:26

Thanks kathybelle, l remember what interested said that GB was meant to be a friend of Gerrys brother but don't remember how early on this was. Thanks for clarifying x
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 26 Jun - 20:36

margaret wrote:Thanks kathybelle, l remember what interested said that GB was meant to be a friend of Gerrys brother but don't remember how early on this was.  Thanks for clarifying x

It's a pleasure Margaret. Still no breakthrough Icon_flower

I once read that Gerry's brother, went to University with Gordon Brown.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next