Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel 5 now!! Murat is on

+17
kathybelle
tanszi
AnnaEsse
Palmeras16
MaryB
malena stool
Angelina
margaret
jinvta
SteveT
Panda
Keela
cass
Lillyofthevalley
weissnicht
tabs
Karen
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Empty Re: Channel 5 now!! Murat is on

Post  fred Tue 2 Jul - 18:15

Claudia79 wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:Whispers have it that Mr Amaral is still trying to reach settlement with the McCanns, which is why there is no trial date yet.

I really needed my LOL emoticon but I'm on my tablet!

I'll provide it for you then Claudia! Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 23324 Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 23324

The McCanns put Amaral in court for a vast amount of money, the court day arrives and the Mccanns wish to settle out of court?? O.K. that makes a huge amount of sense NOT!! So all these months later, when Amaral has lost everything, including his bloody pet dog, they are all in a hooch trying to settle a court case that they brought against Amaral! Pass that chocolate teapot someone I need a cuppa! *rolls eyes*
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 2 Jul - 18:39

This would be my logic. If somebody takes somebody to court it is to shut them up and or because they think they will win. If they then decide they want to settle out of court they are now in some doubt that they will win a court case and or to save money.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Tue 2 Jul - 19:54

Oh dear, Fred, where on earth did you get the idea that it was the McCann's who wanted to settle out of court? I hope you're still laughing when the truth finally surfaces.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 2 Jul - 20:01

Palmeras16 wrote:Oh dear, Fred, where on earth did you get the idea that it was the McCann's who wanted to settle out of court? I hope you're still laughing when the truth finally surfaces.

And you know what you're hinting at because?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Jul - 20:02

It's very difficult finding anything about this case. P16, have you got a link (even if not in English) about which party is trying to settle out of court?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 2 Jul - 20:17

Thank you Not Born Yesterday for sourcing and showing the photos side by side, those were the ones I was referring to.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 2 Jul - 20:43

Palmeras16 wrote:Not at all Margaret, I was merely congratulating Kathybelle for being on-message. This forum is all about being on-message with no room for any type of deviation, so I'm sure that one or two of the Mods will be delighted with Kathybelle's sterling efforts.

Far be it from me to suggest that an alibi given by a mother for her son is often not given much consideration, especially if there are six or seven witnesses who contradict her statement, but then, what do I know.

I deduce a hint of sarcasm in your references to my posts regarding Robert Murat's alibi. Why do you state that one or two of the Mods, will be delighted with my sterling efforts? You are not only making sarcastic references to my posts, you are belittling the Mods.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with any of my posts, I also think that making sarcastic remarks about the posts, is not only below the belt, it is the height of ignorance.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 2 Jul - 20:53

It is quite possible that SY will arrest the mccanns before Amarel gets his chance in court.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 2 Jul - 21:17

kathybelle wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:Not at all Margaret, I was merely congratulating Kathybelle for being on-message. This forum is all about being on-message with no room for any type of deviation, so I'm sure that one or two of the Mods will be delighted with Kathybelle's sterling efforts.

Far be it from me to suggest that an alibi given by a mother for her son is often not given much consideration, especially if there are six or seven witnesses who contradict her statement, but then, what do I know.

I deduce a hint of sarcasm in your references to my posts regarding Robert Murat's alibi. Why do you state that one or two of the Mods, will be delighted with my sterling efforts? You are not only making sarcastic references to my posts, you are belittling the Mods.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with any of my posts, I also think that making sarcastic remarks about the posts, is not only below the belt,  it is the height of ignorance.

In order to belittle anyone you actually have to be 'bigger' than those you want to attack and that is not, clearly, the case!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 2 Jul - 21:21

Now wouldnt that be good, but I still feel Mr Amaral would be disappointed he didnt get his day in court to have his say.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 2 Jul - 21:37

Angelina wrote:I can't see why Palmeras shouldn't be on here....I thought anyone could be as long as they were polite and caused no trouble.

I also can't see why Amaral would back down now....seems like he's already lost everything he ever owned....can't get much lower than that.

Exactly. Trying to offend posters and trolling is not polite. But let's see what happens... Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 192282 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 12 Sep - 15:16

Palmeras16 wrote:Whispers have it that Mr Amaral is still trying to reach settlement with the McCanns, which is why there is no trial date yet.
Presumably the mccanns were not satisfied with Amarels offer ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 12 Sep - 15:20

Lioned wrote:
Presumably the mccanns were not satisfied with Amarels offer ?
Channel 5 now!!  Murat is on - Page 3 23324  They would only be happy if he hanged himself in the town square, live on FB of course!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3