Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days'

+17
wjk
Carolina
interested
jassi
MaryB
comperedna
susible
Panda
Loopdaloop
weissnicht
jeanmonroe
cherry1
AnnaEsse
DavidA
Annabel
Claudia79
tigger
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' - Page 3 Empty Re: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days'

Post  jassi Sun 21 Jul - 18:52

malena stool wrote:
susible wrote:I'm not sure that SY are issuing bulletins though malena..I think this is the usual press clap trap to try and sell copies and I have to disagree that SY are going to pin this on some random paedo...unless of course there is very real, withheld information in the files that actually points to that.

Nope I still have faith that there is no big cover up, no protection, just some initially powerful people who were misguided in taking up the cause, but who have now disappeared, with the only thing protecting the Mcs being the money from the fund to pay the lawyers to shut everyone up...that didn't work though and I'm quite sure the money is running out and when it does, so does the protection.  As such I do believe that the case will be properly resolved the way we hope it will.
You're probably right susible, but why are the police not issuing statements that what is being announced as facts by the media is not from a police source?   

I still believe in the conspiracy theory answer to the failure of Madeleine's parents being uncharged with any crime, even after admitting on tv to leaving her and the twins alone on a regular basis, even our child protection agencies are seemingly impotent to question the McCann's actions.

Had they been parents from a council estate with no cabinet ministers on speed dial, I doubt there would be a need for a Missing Madeleine forum, the parents would just about being released from jail.

If it is not affecting their operational capability, they are probably not bothered what the papers write.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' - Page 3 Empty Re: British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days'

Post  malena stool Sun 21 Jul - 19:48

jassi wrote:
malena stool wrote:
susible wrote:I'm not sure that SY are issuing bulletins though malena..I think this is the usual press clap trap to try and sell copies and I have to disagree that SY are going to pin this on some random paedo...unless of course there is very real, withheld information in the files that actually points to that.

Nope I still have faith that there is no big cover up, no protection, just some initially powerful people who were misguided in taking up the cause, but who have now disappeared, with the only thing protecting the Mcs being the money from the fund to pay the lawyers to shut everyone up...that didn't work though and I'm quite sure the money is running out and when it does, so does the protection.  As such I do believe that the case will be properly resolved the way we hope it will.
You're probably right susible, but why are the police not issuing statements that what is being announced as facts by the media is not from a police source?   

I still believe in the conspiracy theory answer to the failure of Madeleine's parents being uncharged with any crime, even after admitting on tv to leaving her and the twins alone on a regular basis, even our child protection agencies are seemingly impotent to question the McCann's actions.

Had they been parents from a council estate with no cabinet ministers on speed dial, I doubt there would be a need for a Missing Madeleine forum, the parents would just about being released from jail.

If it is not affecting their operational capability, they are probably not bothered what the papers write.
You may be right jassi but, if the media are allegedly 'quoting' and knowingly mis-reporting what the officers leading the investigation might or might not be saying, then they are conniving and concocting news which may well even 'Hinder the search for Madeleine'. (Now where have we heard this before)? 

It sounds to me very much like the smoke and mirrors 'Media Manipulation' as practiced by the McCann's spokesperson, the ambulance chaser Mitchell.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100British detectives to arrive at scene 'within days' - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sun 21 Jul - 20:33

Hi Malena, the press spin on it may be helping the investigation though and SY probably know already that nothing is going to hinder the search for a live Madeleine
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 21 Jul - 20:47

MADDIE: SHOCK NEW MOBILE CLUE

7th December 2007
By JERRY LAWTON

POLICE last night claimed a breakthrough in the Madeleine McCann case, thanks to shocking mobile phone evidence.

Detectives have been studying records of conversations between parents Kate and Gerry, both 39, and their holiday dinner pals – the so-called Tapas Seven.

They have been using satellite technology to pinpoint the precise locations of callers around the time Madeleine disappeared.

And forensic experts are now said to be examining a blood-stained towel found close to a disused barn at a remote location some distance from Praia da Luz.

Last night sources close to the investigation said the analysis had led to a “big development”.

Sources said detectives are focusing on an alleged conversation between heart consultant Gerry and holiday pal Dr Russell O’Brien, 36.

Gerry insisted he was within 4km of Praia da Luz when the pair talked on June 10, but it is alleged technicians have discovered he made the call 28km from the resort.

The pair are due to be quizzed about the alleged discrepancy next week.

Portuguese paper Correio da Manha said the mobile phone data was at the top of the agenda when Portuguese forensic experts met British police in Leicester last week. Its report said: “The records of the McCanns’ telephone calls on days before and after the disappearance were discussed.’’

Former Surrey Police detective Mark Williams-Thomas, who has closely followed the case, said: “This provides vital information.’’

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell was unaware of the development.

The couple, from Rothley, Leics, deny any involvement.
Like · · 3 hours ago ·
9 people like this.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Mon 22 Jul - 12:10

I fear this may be wishful thinking. There may well be this evidence, and it may well be what it says in this report, but am I alone in doubting the news report in the Portuguese press? I think 'chance would be a fine thing'.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Mon 22 Jul - 12:14

This is exactly the kind of evidence I hoped would be allowed into the case, whereas before it was officially excluded, but obviously known about by the Portuguese police. TGTBT? As in 'too good to be true?'. What do others think? Perhaps I am an old cynic and have been following the twists and turns of this case too long.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Mon 22 Jul - 12:15

I fear this may be wishful thinking. There may well be this evidence, and it may well be what it says in this report, but am I alone in doubting the news report in the Portuguese press? I think 'chance would be a fine thing'.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Mon 22 Jul - 12:23

Can I ask people who post an article from a newspaper or a blog, or whatever, to give the exact reference, and not just the name of the author of the article: ie name of publication,and country from which it comes, and date etc as well. Someone posted an article from 'The Times' once... and it was the DELAWARE times not the London times which was a bit confusing.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 22 Jul - 12:42

Ido not understand why child protection agencies have not stepped in over this extremely serious incident of a three year old child being left in an apartment. I would not give a penny to any charity saying they protect children in the UK. Why have they not acted in this case.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Mon 22 Jul - 13:19

MaryB wrote:Ido not understand why child protection agencies have not stepped in over this extremely serious incident of a three year old child being left in an apartment.  I would not give a penny to any charity saying they protect children in the UK.  Why have they not acted in this case.  

Possibly because they would have no jurisdiction over events that happened outside of the UK
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Jul - 13:35

jassi wrote:
MaryB wrote:Ido not understand why child protection agencies have not stepped in over this extremely serious incident of a three year old child being left in an apartment.  I would not give a penny to any charity saying they protect children in the UK.  Why have they not acted in this case.  

Possibly because they would have no jurisdiction over events that happened outside of the UK

There has still never, ever been one, not one, child protection agency that has outright come out and said that what the McCanns did is WRONG.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 22 Jul - 14:54

Iris wrote:
jassi wrote:

There has still never, ever been one, not one, child protection agency that has outright come out and said that what the McCanns did is WRONG.
As posted previously, my thoughts exactly Iris. In fact there has never been an high ranking person in either the; her Majesty's Government, the judiciary, a religious order, or any charitable organisation who has stood up and condemned their abandonment of their children as the wrongful act it surely is. 

Even our gutter press paparazzi rags have taken part in and encouraged the belief that Madeleine's mother, the same mother who never searched, the same mother who refused to answer police questions, should be sainted, running stories and photographs depicting her as an Altar Girl.

photo mccanncandke.jpg

How the church never fell down I do not know.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Jul - 15:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniQYQmXcEI

Some straight talk on this not long after May 2007 American or Canadian broadcast about leaving children alone.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 22 Jul - 16:11

Not Born Yesterday wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniQYQmXcEI

Some straight talk on this not long after May 2007 American or Canadian broadcast about leaving children alone.

That sensible talk is from a Canadian social worker and broadcast on Global TV from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 22 Jul - 20:07

These letters of request are not simple requests to be allowed to come to Portugal to carry out their investigation and questioning. First of all, they have to name all of the persons of interest in the letter as well as the questions they want to ask of each person and the Portuguese have to verify that all is in accordance with the country's laws. Furthermore, the British can't question the persons of interest themselves, they can only look on as the Portuguese do it, the same as with the Rogatory interviews in 2008.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 22 Jul - 20:29

The Scot in the following 14 min video may well be one of us. Some good points rammed home.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 22 Jul - 21:31

Carolina wrote:These letters of request are not simple requests to be allowed to come to Portugal to carry out their investigation and questioning. First of all, they have to name all of the persons of interest in the letter as well as the questions they want to ask of each person and the Portuguese have to verify that all is in accordance with the country's laws. Furthermore, the British can't question the persons of interest themselves, they can only look on as the Portuguese do it, the same as with the Rogatory interviews in 2008.

Thanks Carolina.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 22 Jul - 22:41

malena stool wrote:

The Scot in the following 14 min video may well be one of us. Some good points rammed home.

Which video, Malena?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 23 Jul - 7:27

What 'scene'?

Detectives are to arrive at the 'scene'.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 23 Jul - 9:57

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
malena stool wrote:

Which video, Malena?
Sorry NBY, I didn't post the link. It must be an age related thing, anyway here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_6UR9pjugQ
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 23 Jul - 21:29

The link below is very interesting, it is regarding Gerry's trip to Washington D.C., in July 2007.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id209.html

I remember Gerry saying his wife was upset, because she wanted to go to Washington with him, but she had to stay behind in PDL to look after the twins.

I also remember Gerry being interviewed on an American television, he was slaughtered by the presenter. I've just had a look on You Tube for the interview, but it has disappeared.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 23 Jul - 23:33

that's probably why its disappeared. jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3