Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13

+11
jinvta
Lillyofthevalley
Krisy22
cass
jeanmonroe
pennylane
the slave
kathybelle
maebee
MaryB
almostgothic
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Empty Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13

Post  Panda Thu 19 Sep - 23:04

Madeleine McCann: Mum Kate close to killing herself over 'smear campaign'
19 Sep 2013 22:10

A British psychologist who counselled the mum told a court she had “dark thoughts” after Goncalo Amaral’s shocking book

Distress: Kate McCann
PA

Devastated Kate McCann considered suicide after a police chief claimed she covered up Madeleine’s death.

Psychologist Alan Pike helped the mum and yesterday told a court she had “dark thoughts”.

She told him there were times she was “so incensed she couldn’t get through each day”.

Kate and husband Gerry are suing shamed detective Goncalo Amaral, who should have been looking for missing three-year-old Madeleine instead of making the shock claims, described at the court in capital Lisbon as a “smear campaign”.

British Mr Pike told judges yesterday that he had been helping the McCanns, both 45, since Madeleine’s disappearance on the Algarve on May 3, 2007.

He said: “Kate thought about not being around anymore. She referred to killing herself as an option to end the trauma.

"I deduced it was an indicator of how she felt rather that something she intended to do. Kate wasn’t well and she shared very dark thoughts.”

Missing: Madeleine McCann
PA

Amaral’s book Maddie: The Truth of The Lie accused Kate of staging her daughter’s disappearance, despite no evidence.

He claimed Madeleine had not been abducted but died in an accident and the McCanns hid her body.

He also suggested the couple cashed in on £2million of public donations.

It was published in 2008, three days after the McCanns – made suspects over their daughter’s disappearance – had their status as “arguidos” lifted.

The book was withdrawn after they got an injunction. The McCanns, of Rothley, Leics, have campaigned tirelessly to keep Madeleine in the headlines.

Mr Pike said of Kate: “She spent days sobbing about the injustice done to Madeleine by the very people who ought to have been helping her.

"There were times she felt so incensed by Amaral she couldn’t get through each day with the panic and anguish she felt.”

The couple are suing sacked Amaral, 56, in a £1million libel case. They are also suing his publishers and a TV station.

Amaral denies defamation and said everything in his book was already made public in police files. The case continues.

For confidential support call the Samaritans in the UK on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or click here for details.

FROM AROUND THE WEB:

11 brilliant iOS 7 tips and tricks

(TechRadar)

Celebrities Hanging Out with Former Selves

(Celebrity Toob)

A Ghastly Ritual Repeats Itself

(The New York Times)

Costa Concordia Time-Lapse Footage Shows Raising of the Ship

(Skift)

Previous Articles

McCanns libel trial: Madeleine McCann's mum Kate to face former detective as court case begins

The McCanns are suing Goncalo Amaral for £1million over his allegations that they staged a cover-up after Maddy had died
Madeleine McCann's dad has "real hope" she can be found alive

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Empty Re: Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13

Post  almostgothic Fri 20 Sep - 0:04

Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Daily-mirror-front-page-1-329x437

And this is why Mr Amaral wanted a closed court.
And this is why the Sainted One didn't want a closed court.
Because there wouldn't have been stories and front pages like this.

It's only days since we read those mealy-mouthed tales about how the twins' internet access was having to be monitored to avoid them seeing the 'terrifying' stories therein. Not a problem though, if they see newspapers like this one. That little dilemma is automatically overridden by the ongoing desire to see one's 'pity me' image on the front pages. No real use in blaming the papers - it's what they do, and the McCanns more than most know full well what they do.

High time I stopped typing before I say what I really think.
But let's hope that the twins don't have to go anywhere near a newsagents shop any time tomorrow.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 20 Sep - 0:09

Surely they won't want the twins to see this distressing headline. Or will the Mirror be next in line to be sued. And did she not say in an interview about wanting to end it all long before the book was written. When she said something about pressing a button and they'd all be gone. That was before the book I'm almost sure.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Sep - 0:26

MaryB wrote:Surely they won't want the twins to see this distressing headline.  Or will the Mirror be next in line to be sued.  And did she not say in an interview about wanting to end it all long before the book was written.  When she said something about pressing a button and they'd all be gone.  That was before the book I'm almost sure.
Thanks for the photo almostgothic...despite instructions, I still can't do them:haha: 

MaryB. this has Clarence written all over it , which is why they retain him!!!    I honestly don't think this will fool Joe Public in fact the McCanns will gain less sympathy now when so many have seen Kate laughing ,  running for charity , giving T.V. Interviews to publicise her Books . Notice how Kate has deressed down for this Trial, long straight hair , dowdy clothes.???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Fri 20 Sep - 0:36

I agree,  didn't want the children to find out that they had been left, and they might also have gone the way Madeleine has, whatever that is, as they were allegedly left without adult supervision in an apartment with unlocked access, but its ok to read that Mum thought about killing herself.  Gosh I really think these children will have huge issue, not because of Dr G Amaral or any of the Portuguese but because of their mother.  Oh what was allegedly said by SY that they didn't want a media scrum in Portugal.  they haven't got one out there, they've got it here in the UK media.  More xenophobic reporting imo.

Last edited by tanszi on Fri 20 Sep - 0:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling twice)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Fri 20 Sep - 0:55

“I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment."
Amaral's book did this to her? She didn't feel this torment or look one bit suicidal on May 12th 2007, Madeleine's 4th birthday when she came out of the church beaming, whilst her daughter was in the hands of an abductor. This woman is not right.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 20 Sep - 1:23

When Goncalo Amaral's book first hit the shelves, the McCanns were asked if they had read it. They said they had and it was a load of rubbish. Whether they thought the book was rubbish or not, they saw the contents of the book and they didn't think it was damaging to the twins or that people wouldn't look for Madeleine. The contents of the book haven't changed, since they first saw it, so there is an ulterior motive for the McCanns taking out that lawsuit and it is money.

What they have done is waited until the book amassed a small fortune and then pounced, once again using Madeleine and then the twins, as a way to make money.

In the link below, Goncalo Amaral's Defence Lawyer, António Cabrita, states that other books were written about the case, but the McCanns only went after Goncalo Amaral's book.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/02/goncalo-amarals-defense-reveals-npias.html

I saw an even better article, but I can't find the link. In this article António Cabrita, states that the information in the other books is the same information that is in Goncalo's book, which is written in the files. Apparently the Judge has commented on these other books, which is a good thing. Hopefully, when she makes her decision, she will find in Goncalo Amaral's favour.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 20 Sep - 2:29

HEARSAY!, HEARSAY!, HEARSAY!

"You STUPID boy, PIKE"!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 20 Sep - 4:03

MaryB wrote:Surely they won't want the twins to see this distressing headline.  Or will the Mirror be next in line to be sued.  And did she not say in an interview about wanting to end it all long before the book was written.  When she said something about pressing a button and they'd all be gone.  That was before the book I'm almost sure.
I remember this quote also about pressing a button and ending it all. Kate's own mother stated the following:

Kate's hurting but isn't suicidal The Sun

By ONLINE REPORTERS
Published: 29 Oct 2007

KATE McCann's angry mother yesterday dismissed reports in the Portuguese media that her daughter was suicidal.

Susan Healy admitted Kate had been under "immense pressure" over daughter Maddie's disappearance – but said: "She would never contemplate ending her life, for two reasons.

"One, she still wants to find Madeleine, and two, for the sake of her other children, Sean and Amelie."

Susan hit out after a Portuguese magazine claimed she was worried about Kate killing herself.

Kate can't have it both ways. She can't put her thoughts out there in interviews and then deny them. These thoughts had started well and truly before Amaral's book was published, probably even before it had began to be written.

Newspaper 24 Horas's
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Sep - 8:52

Well, screaming that "I'm going to commit suicide!" all over the place, and then admitting that she's "incensed" because she can't get her own way - well, that wouldn't just be an attention seeking ploy, now would it? Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 23324 She sounds like a stroppy three year old. "That girl could throw a tantrum when she wanted to", well now we see where poor Maddie gets it from. Pathetic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Sep - 9:54

In her shoes, the guilt alone would make me suicidal!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Fri 20 Sep - 10:06

Well I would imagine those head lines would upset the twins far more than the book by Goncalo Amaral. Next in line for suing.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Sep - 10:10

Krisy22 wrote:Well I would imagine those head lines would upset the twins far more than the book by Goncalo Amaral. Next in line for suing.  
Of course the headlines would, krisy, and I imagine reading Kate's bewk would be hugely traumatic for the twins too...
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Fri 20 Sep - 10:13

In her bewk 'madeleine' she states that she was screaming about suicide to all around her.
She should at least try to remember what she has written. Poor Pike hasn't got a clue.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Sep - 10:24

the slave wrote:In her bewk 'madeleine' she states that she was screaming about suicide to all around her.
She should at least try to remember what she has written. Poor Pike hasn't got a clue.
They've changed their story so many times that they can't say anything now without majorly contradicting themselves.  What a McMess!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 20 Sep - 11:58

She wrote: "I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could; to swim and swim and swim until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment.

"I wasn't keeping that desire to myself, either. I was shouting it out to anyone who happened to be in the room.
______________________________________________________________________________________

SO WAS THIS SWIMMING 'SUICIDE' FANTASY BEFORE OR AFTER THESE TWO?

Kate McCann: I fantasised we would all be wiped out in a car crash.

She said: "I used to have thoughts like, we'll get wiped out in the car on the motorway. So it would just happen, we'd all be gone, and the pain would be away.
Informe Especial interview CTN interview

OR

Kate said: "It really isn't easy," coping. "Some days are better than others. ... There's days when you think, 'I can't do this anymore,' and you just want to press a button, and we're all gone, and it's all finished, and we're all together and gone. Wherever. But you can't, you know. Just occasionally you'll have a -- if you're having a really bad day, which we do. And you can't help but think that."

At least in the swimming one she dosen't want to wipe out the twins!

And as to the SAFETY of the twins the Leicester Scocial Services were TOLD YEARS and YEARS ago about her 'suicidal thoughts' about including the twins in such..

So in any potential case review, by LSS, in the future, the LSS will NEVER, EVER be able to STATE they were NOT TOLD!

THEY WERE!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 20 Sep - 13:49

oh dear hope that the twins are being shielded from this headline - me thinks that kate might be there alone for a reason - weakest link - when it all comes out just watch - everyone that should be thedre for kate is missing - i mean gerry could have time off for hacked off - but the most important thing of ga ruining the case and hes nowhere to be seen as isnt clarrie or anyone else - this looks like family devide all of them
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Fri 20 Sep - 15:16

cass wrote:oh dear hope that the twins are being shielded from this headline - me thinks that kate might be there alone for a reason - weakest link - when it all comes out just watch - everyone that should be thedre for kate is missing - i mean gerry could have time off for hacked off - but the most important thing of ga  ruining the case and hes nowhere to be seen as isnt clarrie or anyone else - this looks like family devide all of them

Think you have hit the nail on the head there Cass x It seems very strange her husband and father of the children they are including in this libel case is not there too.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 20 Sep - 21:27

All the attention seems to be on where's wolly Gerry, but more importantly where's Mitchell Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 29204
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 21 Sep - 9:11

Lillyofthevalley wrote:All the attention seems to be on where's wolly Gerry, but more importantly where's Mitchell Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 29204
Morning lilly, Mitchell is too busy behind the scene feeding the Press.!!!! This procedure is a real blitz and does nothing for the Principles of the McCanns and Mitchell that they are allowing this to gain sympathy . I just hope the Portugese ignore all this and the testimony of Kate's "Witnesses" does not affect the Judge making the decision.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Sep - 13:21

Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:All the attention seems to be on where's wolly Gerry, but more importantly where's Mitchell Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 29204
Morning lilly, Mitchell is too busy behind the scene feeding the Press.!!!!  This procedure is a real blitz and does nothing for the Principles of the McCanns and Mitchell  that they are allowing this to gain sympathy . I just hope the Portugese ignore all this and the testimony of Kate's "Witnesses" does not affect the Judge making the decision.
Oh, I hope it does. The McCanns might end up having to pay Dr Amaral! Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 21 Sep - 13:49

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:
Morning lilly, Mitchell is too busy behind the scene feeding the Press.!!!!  This procedure is a real blitz and does nothing for the Principles of the McCanns and Mitchell  that they are allowing this to gain sympathy . I just hope the Portugese ignore all this and the testimony of Kate's "Witnesses" does not affect the Judge making the decision.
Oh, I hope it does.  The McCanns might end up having to pay Dr Amaral! Daily Mirror Report 19/9/13 294124 
How cheap and nasty the McCanns have become!!!! This latest exploit has been dredged up for sympathy and Michael Wright , as a Witness in the case had no right to make this 2,3,4,yr old ? "threat" public. I hope the Portugese takes note because they deliberately ordered the case to be held in closed Court in respect for Madeleine. Could the Press be sniffing defeat for the McCanns and just stringing them along, their Editors have many more front page Items to report .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 21 Sep - 14:27

Panda its not a closed court.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 21 Sep - 15:26

tanszi wrote:Panda its not a closed court.
I thought I read it was in closed Court out of respect for Madeleine but fred says it is not ......pity, this Press onslaught would never have happened if Witnesses were not allowed to discuss the case.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 22 Sep - 1:51

Amaral was the one who requested a closed court out of respect for Madeleine, but his request was denied.

The judge seems somewhat interested in Pike's profession. He was merely a crisis counselor, not a psychiatrist or psychologist. If Kate's thoughts of suicide were truly believable, then surely Pike would have referred Kate for evaluation by a true professional. However, he did not take these thoughts seriously, in fact he dismissed them. Therefore, these thoughts should never have been heard in court, and seem to have been mentioned merely for sensationalism. Much of what Kate said to this counselor seems to have been invented (in order to boost her claims of distress) rather than her true feelings.

I cannot see how the judge can possibly rule in the McCann's favor without them testifying on their own behalf. Everything everyone else says is complete hearsay and does not constitute evidence. It would be quite interesting if the judge ordered the McCanns to testify, otherwise their case would be dismissed with the McCanns paying Amaral's court costs. How could the McCanns refuse, if as they claim, the book is hurting the search for Madeleine?
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next